HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXX

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-13-2012, 04:50 PM
  #101
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
I never really understood this. I'm not trying to offend you SEPH or call you a bad fan but how can one just stop watching/following a team/league, after being so emotionally invested in them? I obviously would be pissed if the lockout happens, I'll just watch AHL, OHL and World junior to get my fix. Once the NHL solves it's issues I'll be right there waiting.

I could see/understand casual fans walking away but I don't consider anyone that posts here a casual fan. I wouldn't even blame them, who wants to follow a league that lockouts every time a there needs to be a new CBA? It's an embarrassment to the league and sport.
I know am being one of those fans and I swear I try not to be, but emotionally? That is how I feel. I might be trying to rebel against those effin owners and PA, but it just sucks that you look forward to hockey the whle damn summer and because these retards can't come to a deal just makes my anxiety level skyrocket.

Sucks that I would probably be depressed if a lockout does occur and come back and will emotionally support our team again. I just hate the feeling of being used.

Seth jones would be a great consolation prize.

S E P H is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 05:36 PM
  #102
Drizzt1
Registered User
 
Drizzt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 359
vCash: 500
The saddest thing for me is that if a lockout happens, how many close to retirement players like Hejduk and Selanne may we not see again? That's what is disappointing.

Drizzt1 is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 05:53 PM
  #103
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
All I know, is I remember when the Colorado Avalanche had a PP unit plus Roy in net had a combined salary greater than the entire Canucks roster dressed in the playoffs pre salary cap.

And yes the low Canadian dollar played a big part, but before the cap, there were several Canadian franchises at risk of folding or being relocated to the US.

I have no desire for those days to return...
I don't know that doesn't sound to bad to me, haha. Really though it's hard to believe that was ever the case. Honestly no I wouldn't and don't see how anyone could think that is better than what we have now.

The second half of the season is like a two month long heart attack, which is a good thing for the league. Most people should be able to see that.

All I ask is that the Avs become a cap team again at some point... When it's smart as well not just to blindly spend money on overpaying players either.

CobraAcesS is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 06:25 PM
  #104
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,948
vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/..._negotiations/

Looks like another lost year.

I suggest everyone bones up on their prospect for 2013. The avs could have a top 5 pick. From what I've seen in the World JR last year, I was impressed with Barkov and the other underager Finland had rat something he is a defender tho.

I get to at least watch Hishon play in the AHl regardless.
Ristolainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I know am being one of those fans and I swear I try not to be, but emotionally? That is how I feel. I might be trying to rebel against those effin owners and PA, but it just sucks that you look forward to hockey the whle damn summer and because these retards can't come to a deal just makes my anxiety level skyrocket.

Sucks that I would probably be depressed if a lockout does occur and come back and will emotionally support our team again. I just hate the feeling of being used.

Seth jones would be a great consolation prize.
What does Parenteau have to do with this?

Yeah Seth Jones would be amazing, if there's another 'lottery type system' to determine the order, it would be nice if luck fell on our side this time.

If we can't get Jones, the player that I've been very impressed with at the Under 18s is Hunter Shinkaruk. He's going to be a very, VERY good player. (49 goals last year with Medicine Hat as a 17 year old....yikes!) I'd be shocked if he wasn't top 5 though.

Bender is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 06:27 PM
  #105
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,712
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/..._negotiations/

Looks like another lost year.

I suggest everyone bones up on their prospect for 2013. The avs could have a top 5 pick. From what I've seen in the World JR last year, I was impressed with Barkov and the other underager Finland had rat something he is a defender tho.

I get to at least watch Hishon play in the AHl regardless.
A lot will be told by the players offer presented tomorrow, and Bettman's reaction to it. At this point though, after that ridiculous offer presented by Bettman, and only about a month to hammer this out, I don't see any way there isn't at least a partial lockout.

After all the talk about it being different this time, and the excuses for the late start to negotiations, they're gonna **** the whole thing up again because Bettman and his billionaires want more money, and a better deal than their home run deal they got last time. Un-friggin-believable.

It's just like congress. They won't get anything done, and will stand by their ridiculous hardline stance until they get everything they want, at everyone else's expense. They're playing a game with everyone else's money and interests involved. Just a completely different breed of humans that put money that far above everything else, and justify all their actions with their right to pursue it.


Last edited by Foppa2118: 08-13-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Foppa2118 is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 08:34 PM
  #106
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 15,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
The saddest thing for me is that if a lockout happens, how many close to retirement players like Hejduk and Selanne may we not see again? That's what is disappointing.
I really hope Duke redeems himself, like Selanne did couple years ago. I hope he's not done yet.

Colorado Avalanche is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 08:35 PM
  #107
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 15,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Ristolainen
I would love that. He's currently playing for my hometown team and he's pretty good for his age, he's gonna be a good one for sure.

Colorado Avalanche is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 08:45 PM
  #108
Goulet17
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
The second players named Fehr head of NHLPA, it was obvious they were choosing a confrontational path.
Yep.

Goulet17 is offline  
Old
08-13-2012, 09:26 PM
  #109
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 10,304
vCash: 157
MaxPac got a 6 year extension, 4.5M AAV. Great deal for Montreal.

JWK is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 11:17 AM
  #110
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured
 
Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,644
vCash: 500
Why the **** is my Kessel for Jones+Wilson+2nd proposal locked and the Stastny for Bozak+MacArthur one still open

Muffin is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 11:40 AM
  #111
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,644
vCash: 50
Can we make like 20 Kessel to Colorado proposals at the same time today.

Rhaego is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 11:49 AM
  #112
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,143
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Why the **** is my Kessel for Jones+Wilson+2nd proposal locked and the Stastny for Bozak+MacArthur one still open
Because it's stupid.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 11:54 AM
  #113
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss
 
Duskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 835
vCash: 500
Yeah, seems like for a while we had a good thing going with everyone laughing at how sarcastic we all were, I don't know if we should stoop to the level of the people who do the "counterproposals". Leave that ***** to Eskimo44 and the rest of his Oiler cronies.

Duskog is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 12:02 PM
  #114
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured
 
Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,644
vCash: 500
I don't really care how much proposals they make, I'm sick of how much they bash Avs players in them. I've had enough, how is that not trolling.

Muffin is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 12:05 PM
  #115
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,143
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
I don't really care how much proposals they make, I'm sick of how much they bash Avs players in them. I've had enough, how is that not trolling.
Ignore the threads then. Making your own is worse than the ignorant Leafs fans that think its fair value. Half the time I wouldn't put it past them simply not understanding it isn't a good proposal.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 12:22 PM
  #116
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss
 
Duskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Ignore the threads then. Making your own is worse than the ignorant Leafs fans that think its fair value. Half the time I wouldn't put it past them simply not understanding it isn't a good proposal.
It's confusing... I just don't understand why they think the same group of players put in different order will do it as far as getting upgraded anywhere. In a way, it must be miserable to miss the playoffs for almost a decade, so it doesn't surprise me that they'd be delusional.

The one thing I find funny is how Kadri finds his way into every proposal, and all the Leafs fans go on about how well his development is progressing and how valuable a chip he is... meanwhile, prospects of his age and hype are seen as nearly untouchable for every other organization. Something doesn't add up there. And I mean really, no matter how many Leafs fans deny it, if he was gonna be an impact player I'm fairly sure he'd have cracked their weak-as-hell forward corps by now.

Duskog is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 03:45 PM
  #117
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,450
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Why the **** is my Kessel for Jones+Wilson+2nd proposal locked and the Stastny for Bozak+MacArthur one still open
It's based on how the conversation goes. When you see it, just respond with a 'lock this thread'.

PAZ is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 03:54 PM
  #118
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,478
vCash: 250


Crisis averted? Early to say but this is way better than I thought. I figured Fehr=no cap but it looks like they want a luxury tax, among other things. This is definitely encouraging, if the NHL doesn't ecpect this deal or at least work with it, then we're in troubling. I found new hope and Fehr might not as been as advertised. All I know is NHLPA are looking good and if the NHL doesn't accept this then they look like the bad guys (even more than now).

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 04:07 PM
  #119
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,487
vCash: 50
Luxury tax will kill the parity in the NHL since big teams will spend like drunk millionaires and the league will turn into NBA.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 04:28 PM
  #120
BoxOfChocolates
Registered User
 
BoxOfChocolates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cap Floor
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post


Crisis averted? Early to say but this is way better than I thought. I figured Fehr=no cap but it looks like they want a luxury tax, among other things. This is definitely encouraging, if the NHL doesn't ecpect this deal or at least work with it, then we're in troubling. I found new hope and Fehr might not as been as advertised. All I know is NHLPA are looking good and if the NHL doesn't accept this then they look like the bad guys (even more than now).
Thank God that Downie cut his hair.

BoxOfChocolates is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 04:28 PM
  #121
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,507
vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Luxury tax will kill the parity in the NHL since big teams will spend like drunk millionaires and the league will turn into NBA.
... and the MLB . B4 the seasons even start you know who will make the playoff and who wont

Having a Luxury tax will bring back the NHL b4 the first lockout in 94.

Frenchy is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 04:31 PM
  #122
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Luxury tax will kill the parity in the NHL since big teams will spend like drunk millionaires and the league will turn into NBA.
Sorry am not an expert in this field of economic issues so could tell me what luxury tax is?

I for one love how the NHL is already and the parity of it. If there is a luxury tax, which sounds bad could there be something like a hard cap with a soft luxury tax?

S E P H is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 04:39 PM
  #123
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured
 
Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Sorry am not an expert in this field of economic issues so could tell me what luxury tax is?

I for one love how the NHL is already and the parity of it. If there is a luxury tax, which sounds bad could there be something like a hard cap with a soft luxury tax?
Basically there is no cap, but to spend above a certain set amount of money you have to pay the league. It's bad because the rich team will spend as much money as they like while the poor teams won't be able to compete with them.

Muffin is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 04:47 PM
  #124
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Basically there is no cap, but to spend above a certain set amount of money you have to pay the league. It's bad because the rich team will spend as much money as they like while the poor teams won't be able to compete with them.
There is no way that the owners would agree to this since they demanded the hard cap years ago. Seems like the 04-05 season would be all in vain if they adopted this system.

S E P H is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 04:55 PM
  #125
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured
 
Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
There is no way that the owners would agree to this since they demanded the hard cap years ago. Seems like the 04-05 season would be all in vain if they adopted this system.
Apparently it's not a luxury tax, we won't know until we know the full details of the PA's proposal.

Muffin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.