HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Overall, will the CBJ be better, worse or the same without Rick Nash?

View Poll Results: Will the CBJ be better, worse or the same after Rick Nash
Better 53 66.25%
Worse 10 12.50%
Same 17 21.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Skraut

vCash: 500
It's strange, I've been so heads down looking at hours upon hours of footage of the team this past season. And as I pull things apart frame by frame to try and make the CannonFest videos, I saw some things with Nash, and the way the team interacted with him (even early in the season) that made me think the team might be better off without him.

Then I started seeing similar traits in other players still on the roster, and I don't know what to think anymore.

So throwing thought out of the window: I'm a fan, I believe they will be better.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 08:39 AM
crashman

vCash: 1376
I said it the day you made the Nash trade, CBJ will be a better team. Not to bash your franchise at all, but it was time to give up on the Nash dream. I think he'll be a great complementary player in New York, but he wasn't the guy you want running the show, he just doesn't have it in him.

The guys you got in return for Nash are some solid players and I think depth is the key to winning in the NHL these days, and CBJ just got deeper. Someone will take the reins offensively for your team.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
It's strange, I've been so heads down looking at hours upon hours of footage of the team this past season. And as I pull things apart frame by frame to try and make the CannonFest videos, I saw some things with Nash, and the way the team interacted with him (even early in the season) that made me think the team might be better off without him.

Then I started seeing similar traits in other players still on the roster, and I don't know what to think anymore.
If this was a Facebook status update, it would be "Hates it when people do mean things." or "so angry right now".

I get that stuff like this might be too vague and esoteric to try and verbalize, but I for one would love you to try - if you're interested.

Old
08-14-2012, 09:19 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
If this was a Facebook status update, it would be "Hates it when people do mean things." or "so angry right now".

I get that stuff like this might be too vague and esoteric to try and verbalize, but I for one would love you to try - if you're interested.
"Like"

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Speedy Sanderson

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-nash/related/

Speedy Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:36 AM
LetsGOJackets!!

I foresee both the Blue Jackets and Nash getting better

this season. The easy one first. How many years did we as a fanbase expect mgmt to bring in a true #1 centermen for Rick? The closest we got was a declining Andrew Cassels, and a semi retired Sergei Federov. Had we landed Brad Richards from Tampa Bay, back when he had interest in Columbus, I am convinced our fortunes would be quite different today.

Nash Richards and Vyborny or Juice would have been golden. Nash Richards and Gabby will be phenomenal.

As for the Jackets, I see significant improvement in our play. Still don't see us winning a lot of games, but I think we will be more competitive. After drafting skill & talented top six players with our 3 1st rounders we will be on the way to finishing the makeover. Goaltending remains the key. I pray Bob plays out of his mind so that Mase can hold down a game or two every road trip.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:34 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
NYR got better when Messier, Lindros, Leetch, Kovalev, Nedved and Holik left. I am optimistic that CBJ will be a much better team without Nash's distraction.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
this season. The easy one first. How many years did we as a fanbase expect mgmt to bring in a true #1 centermen for Rick? The closest we got was a declining Andrew Cassels, and a semi retired Sergei Federov. Had we landed Brad Richards from Tampa Bay, back when he had interest in Columbus, I am convinced our fortunes would be quite different today.

Nash Richards and Vyborny or Juice would have been golden. Nash Richards and Gabby will be phenomenal.

As for the Jackets, I see significant improvement in our play. Still don't see us winning a lot of games, but I think we will be more competitive. After drafting skill & talented top six players with our 3 1st rounders we will be on the way to finishing the makeover. Goaltending remains the key. I pray Bob plays out of his mind so that Mase can hold down a game or two every road trip.
Goaltending might be the most significant single issue over the years, when one has more confidence in the backups over the years somethings not right... I'm looking forward to having Bobrovsky but that's far from saying our goaltending is fixed.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 05:19 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post

I agree with this. I'd love it if Skraut tried.

TaketheCannoli is online now   Reply With Quote