HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Championship Memorabilia

Old
08-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
I think he meant did the 2009 Penguins cup DVD get a collector's edition. Which a quick search on around the web, it would appear they didn't.
They had this release:

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Dashboard

It was my birthday last week and since the Kings are my team in the West, my GF (and her parents) got me an official Jersey with the Champions Logo

She was debating between Kopi and Quick but since I play goalie she got me Quick's jersey

Funny that I don't even own a CH's jersey

Dashboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 10:11 AM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
It was my birthday last week and since the Kings are my team in the West, my GF (and her parents) got me an official Jersey with the Champions Logo
Is there a "Champions" Logo or Patch? Only one I've seen was the "Finals" logo/patch. Just curious. If so, will buy.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 10:58 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
They had this release:
Yep and it appears only that one, which is the regular version and not a special edition.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Dashboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Is there a "Champions" Logo or Patch? Only one I've seen was the "Finals" logo/patch. Just curious. If so, will buy.
Maybe I was too excited unwrapping it but I remember seeing the Cup with Champions...

I'll verify when I get home tho just to be sure

Old
08-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Yep and it appears only that one, which is the regular version and not a special edition.
What do you mean by special edition? As in a box set collection of their games from their Stanley Cup run in 2009? Those games were released as part of Pittsburgh's 2nd box set.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:48 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
I know they have them here...

http://lakings.fanatics.com/NHL_Los_...llectors_Patch

I'm sort of curious on how big the box will be when shipped... I've ordered from them before and the waste of box space was ridiculous when I ordered four tie pins off the site...

RAZZIE King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 04:18 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
What do you mean by special edition? As in a box set collection of their games from their Stanley Cup run in 2009? Those games were released as part of Pittsburgh's 2nd box set.
No Chicago, Detroit, and Boton got a "special edition" of the championship dvd released that was more discs and bonus footage and such including yes I think one or two complete games. There is even a picture of the "special edition" dvd on the previous page of this thread. Post #302 by Puck U.

KopitaRulez11 I thik may hav beenaskinabout whether he Pens got a secialedition dvd whic I don't believe they did.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
There is ...

BUT if you want your JERSEY to LOOK Authentic then you'll want ... ... on it,

as NO player jersey would have the "CHAMPIONS" one on it

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

I am thinking the league frowns upon that. As a matter of fact, I know of only instance of this ever happening in the league, and it was this:

The caption reads:

Quote:
Montreal Canadiens

1924-25

On the heels of their Stanley Cup title, the Canadiens replace their traditional "CH" crest with a globe with the word "champions" at the bottom (world champions -- get it?).

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Canadiens/Canadiens05.html

Source: http://www.nhluniforms.com

08-06-2012, 09:54 PM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
There is ...

BUT if you want your JERSEY to LOOK Authentic then you'll want ... ... on it,

as NO player jersey would have the "CHAMPIONS" one on it
I figured if there was a "Champs" patch, it would be a commemorative type patch. I've 3 "Finals" patches that im getting sewn on at the moment. A 2010 Kopi FB&Gold Third, 2012 Kopi Road and a 2012 Richards Home.

I may be wrong but I seem to recall the SC winning team got to wear a commemorative SCC patch the following year, back in the 80's and 90's, no?

Old
08-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
I may be wrong but I seem to recall the SC winning team got to wear a commemorative SCC patch the following year, back in the 80's and 90's, no?
You are absolutely correct...good memory. I guess I didn't pay much attention to that.

Here's a look at the Penguins "home" jersey (white in those days) in 1992:

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Those first two Pens jerseys were used in 92-93 and that patch on them was worn by all NHL teams that season, commemorating the 100th year anniversary of the Stanley Cup.

Old
08-07-2012, 02:37 AM
hangons

DVD at Costco

Costco has this DVD for $16.99

http://www.amazon.com/Nhl-Stanley-Cu...tanley+cup+dvd

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 07:00 AM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
You are absolutely correct...good memory. I guess I didn't pay much attention to that.

Here's a look at the Penguins "home" jersey (white in those days) in 1992:

Quote:
Those first two Pens jerseys were used in 92-93 and that patch on them was worn by all NHL teams that season, commemorating the 100th year anniversary of the Stanley Cup.
I remember that one. In fact, I have it on my signed Cam Neely and my signed Double CCM Gretz but havent seen them in 20 years because they're both framed, numbers out.

I seem to remember, specifically the Oilers wearing this:

year after year in the 80's. I dunno, Maybe they just wore it on special occations back then. Cant remember.

Old
08-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Dashboard

Guess I was too excited.. it was a Final patch

I was also excite to not notice it isn't the same jersey. Probably an alternative one or something. There isn,t the lines in front, the straps are and the wrist and not elbows (mine is like that http://shop.canada.nhl.com/product/i...y_bestsell_txt) My GF bought it from the official king's store but weird

Didn' tell my GF that I prefer the real one Guess I'll have to buy myself one and I'll play with the one she gave me

Old
08-08-2012, 05:37 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
I remember that one. In fact, I have it on my signed Cam Neely and my signed Double CCM Gretz but havent seen them in 20 years because they're both framed, numbers out.

I seem to remember, specifically the Oilers wearing this:

year after year in the 80's. I dunno, Maybe they just wore it on special occations back then. Cant remember.
I don't remember either, but it seems that at this point in time the NBA and NHL follow the same protocol in that they will put "Final(s)" patches on their unis but will not put a championship patch.

I haven't seen this in football or baseball either. I think its just bad form to do so...besides, who wants to give opposing teams that much more incentive to beat the **** out of your team because the stupid patch reminds them every time they line you up for crushing blow on the boards?

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 07:38 AM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I don't remember either, but it seems that at this point in time the NBA and NHL follow the same protocol in that they will put "Final(s)" patches on their unis but will not put a championship patch.

I haven't seen this in football or baseball either. I think its just bad form to do so...besides, who wants to give opposing teams that much more incentive to beat the **** out of your team because the stupid patch reminds them every time they line you up for crushing blow on the boards?

I dunno Ron. I have to respectfully disagree. I like the idea of the previous year's SCC being able to wear a patch commemorating their Championship the following season. I look at it as a win/win for both the club and NHL. The team being able to pump their chest out a little more during the following season via the feeling of "ownership" and having a constant reminder of what they're capable of and the NHL can do a little more cash grabbing on the patch and jersey revenues. The 29 other teams out there are going to play the SCC harder regardless of a patch or not so I don’t think the chances of being “run at” are going to be any higher…IMHO. That’s one of the components that makes a repeat or Dynasty team so tough anyway.

I like the idea of a SCC Patch.

I’m sure the Cup winning team would wear a SCC with pride as would I, the fan.

PS. In before Quattro says I’m complaining because there is nothing else to complain about.

Last edited by nocturn: 08-08-2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Spelling/Gram check.
Old
08-10-2012, 09:48 AM
nocturn

Speaking of Patches, is the hard goo on the back of the patches a adhesive to "glue" the patches onto a jersey? Like Hot Glue Gun glues sticks? Or is it there just to keep the intricacies of the patch from falling apart? Or is it double duty?

My Daughter saw the 3 Kings jerseys I just brought home from the local seamstress with the newly attached SCF patches and wants me to add a SCF patch to her kids jersey. I don’t want to drop another $16 on adding a patch to a crap made Kids Jersey that she’ll be grown out of in 6 months (it’s a kids small that she’s had since she was 2 and just barely fits her anymore). I thought about using that stitch witch tape but if I can use the glue stuff on the back of the patch, if that’s what its for, I’ll go that route with a iron and a damp rag until I get her a better jersey this Christmas.

Thanks.

Old
08-13-2012, 06:20 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

I finally broke down and bought the 8 inch Cup and a championship pin...

RAZZIE King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 05:33 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Still no word as to when the special edition DVD/Blu-ray will come out? Man, this is pissing me off.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Have you guys watched the Ducks' championship video?

I actually want to watch it now since we've already won the Cup. I wanna hear what Pancakes was saying in his interviews.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Still no word as to when the special edition DVD/Blu-ray will come out? Man, this is pissing me off.
I posted somewhere here, that they didn't come out for the other teams until early October ... so get ready to wait awhile longer

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 06:46 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
I posted somewhere here, that they didn't come out for the other teams until early October ... so get ready to wait awhile longer
Oh ok. Thanks.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:13 PM
KingNothing4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Hell ya, sir! I didn't find it in stores, I was given some

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote