HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

A 7 Year Olds Take on Tim Thomas

Old
08-11-2012, 10:29 AM
EverettMike

vCash: 500
Tomorrow I am going to be doing a guest piece for the NEHJ about what a 5-year-old thinks of the Bruins power play.

"They pass it backwards too much."

"Why do they keep hitting the other guy's in the legs when they shoot?"

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:35 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Tomorrow I am going to be doing a guest piece for the NEHJ about what a 5-year-old thinks of the Bruins power play.

"They pass it backwards too much."

"Why do they keep hitting the other guy's in the legs when they shoot?"

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Ugh. I hate gimmick pieces like this. They always rely on standard, predictable tropes, and never really say much of anything. "LOL, stepping on a Lego. OMG, the insight of a child." It relies on the 'everyone can relate' factor to make its point, which is what, exactly? That there is more than one way to look at the situation? That there doesn't need to be a villain? Deep stuff, mind blown.

I like journalism to rely on facts and analysis, with occasionally a dose of dry wit. Relying on cute in order to say nothing much at all, and certainly something that's already known to anyone that's spent more than 2 seconds on the topic (really, think of the NEHJ audience - Thomas has been analyzed to death and is old news) has encountered/thought of months ago, is just a waste of everyone's time.

Howabout this: Thomas and the Bruins act in their own best interest. Previously, they believed those interests were aligned, so they acted together. Now, those interests have diverged. The end.

Nightslyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
A writer claims that Thomas is getting paid by the B's this year even though he isn't playing (false) and that if he were more unselfish he'd just retire and save the B's cap space (false).

Other than noticing those huge flaws, what reaction were you expecting?
I was expecting people to comment on the thoughts of the 7 Year Old, not his mother.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:23 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Obviously, you misunderstood.

Thomas can do whatever the **** he wants to and as long as it's not hurting me or mine, I could care less.

However, if/when he screws up his personal life and then walks away from the team to fix it, that's great (and his business), but I don't give him props for it.
Disagree. People **** up and most never own up to it. Better he tries to fix it now (if he can, and if he did something) then push it off for another year... He's giving up 3 million bucks as well..He should atleast be commended for that...

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:26 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr View Post
Ugh. I hate gimmick pieces like this. They always rely on standard, predictable tropes, and never really say much of anything. "LOL, stepping on a Lego. OMG, the insight of a child." It relies on the 'everyone can relate' factor to make its point, which is what, exactly? That there is more than one way to look at the situation? That there doesn't need to be a villain? Deep stuff, mind blown.

I like journalism to rely on facts and analysis, with occasionally a dose of dry wit. Relying on cute in order to say nothing much at all, and certainly something that's already known to anyone that's spent more than 2 seconds on the topic (really, think of the NEHJ audience - Thomas has been analyzed to death and is old news) has encountered/thought of months ago, is just a waste of everyone's time.

Howabout this: Thomas and the Bruins act in their own best interest. Previously, they believed those interests were aligned, so they acted together. Now, those interests have diverged. The end.
I agree with this, but many here seem to think it's only right when the Bruins act in their own interest...

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
I was expecting people to comment on the thoughts of the 7 Year Old, not his mother.
Not to be a total d*ck, but I guess I really don't care much about the cogent opinions of 7 year olds.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Not to be a total d*ck, but I guess I really don't care much about the cogent opinions of 7 year olds.
Yet you read the Thread/Article and replied...

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Dr Quincy

nevermind

Last edited by Dr Quincy: 08-14-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote