HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nashty (Video)

Old
08-13-2012, 02:09 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

vCash: 500
Still can't believe we were able to snag him without giving up stepan, mcdonagh, kreider, mdz, or hagelin.

So excited for this season. Granted there is one...

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 04:29 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
I feel better about ths trade, I did before but more now. I mean...our huge pieces are here.. I think our top 6 is nice and good. Bottom six should be bolstered though

TCRF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 03:15 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I feel better about ths trade, I did before but more now. I mean...our huge pieces are here.. I think our top 6 is nice and good. Bottom six should be bolstered though
Agreed, bring back Dominic Moore.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Ail
Girardi Sucks

You're a jerk Loffen! I'm so excited for a season that's probably not even going to start on-time or at all.

FU

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Mikos87

Sick video. Rick Nash is a five time all star in ten years of pro hockey, three of those years involved a lockout and two Olympic breaks, where no all star games were held. He made both those Olympic teams, won a championship in the Swiss league during that time. Sure there wasn't a lot of coming through Columbus, but we got our selves a perennial all-star here.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 07:18 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

If Torts gets this guy into the best shape of his career, and has him running through guys driving to the net, I don't know if he'll top Stamkos, but we'll see Rick Nash runner up for the goal scoring title.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 09:20 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

As much as I'm excited about Nash, I think I'm even more excited to see what Kreider can do over the course of 82 games.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Garfinkel1

BRING BACK PRUCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me he wouldn't be a perfect bottom 6 player for us right now?

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:54 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Unreal video Loffen. Got me more pumped for this guy then I was before (which was very high lol)

Excited to see what he can do for us.

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
As much as I'm excited about Nash, I think I'm even more excited to see what Kreider can do over the course of 82 games.
i hate to say this but.....why?

Kreider is an unproven commodity. even if he comes out gangbusters, barring injury, Nash should pretty easily outscore him.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post

Kreider is an unproven commodity. even if he comes out gangbusters, barring injury, Nash should pretty easily outscore him.
I think Rangers fans are excited to see what an NYR drafted rookie, who was our best forward in the ECF, can do in a full season with more experience. Sure Nash will outscore him, but we finally have an exciting forward prospect.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:09 AM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post

not sure how the 2 are connected. he didn't say he thought kreider would be better than nash, just that he was more excited to see what kreider can do. one has NOTHING to do with the other. and the fact that CK is unproven and we don't know what we will get adds to the excitement and anticipation of getting to see him play a full season, it doesn't take away from it.

Leetch3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
If Torts gets this guy into the best shape of his career, and has him running through guys driving to the net, I don't know if he'll top Stamkos, but we'll see Rick Nash runner up for the goal scoring title.
Something tells me Torts is the kind of guy who will get the most out of Nash.

Could be very fun to watch.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:29 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I think Rangers fans are excited to see what an NYR drafted rookie, who was our best forward in the ECF, can do in a full season with more experience. Sure Nash will outscore him, but we finally have an exciting forward prospect.
I'm with RGY. I'm so pumped to see Kreider in a full season. He was so damn good in the playoffs and this was when he was playing pressure-type hockey. Who knows how good he'll be when he isn't pressured in playing must-win hockey games. He'll get much more space to use dat speed and create scoring chances. I was on the Kreider=overrated bandwagon, however after watching him play with the Rangers, I've become a huge fan.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:38 AM
Leetch3

biggest reason to be excited about kreider (besides what he showed in the playoffs) is how much of a wild card he is to our potential success...we don't know for sure what we will get, but we know what we should expect out of hank, mcdonagh, girardi, staal, richards, nash, cally, gaborik after he returns, etc. but kreider we don't really know. and with our depth as thin as it is at the moment whether or not kreider can handle a top 6 role is gonna make all the difference in the world...

not gonna say that he is the key but i think he is a huge puzzle piece and if he fits into that secondary scoring role like we all hope then lots of other stuff falls into place too...on the flipside if he struggles and ends up in hartford...

Leetch3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 12:04 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
not sure how the 2 are connected. he didn't say he thought kreider would be better than nash, just that he was more excited to see what kreider can do. one has NOTHING to do with the other. and the fact that CK is unproven and we don't know what we will get adds to the excitement and anticipation of getting to see him play a full season, it doesn't take away from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I'm with RGY. I'm so pumped to see Kreider in a full season. He was so damn good in the playoffs and this was when he was playing pressure-type hockey. Who knows how good he'll be when he isn't pressured in playing must-win hockey games. He'll get much more space to use dat speed and create scoring chances. I was on the Kreider=overrated bandwagon, however after watching him play with the Rangers, I've become a huge fan.
This. All of this.

I was always meh on trading for Nash because I feared what he might cost. I can live with the price tag now that its done; as much as I hate to see all 3 go that were involved in the trade.

My point (which has been defended by multiple posters here) is that it was pretty much assumed we would get Nash. The feeling was that he would be a ranger in the end. And he is. Its great, its awesome. But the thing is, you know what you're getting with Nash. He is paid $7.8 million per year, he sure as hell better score at least 30 goals without us having to worry. He already has, what, seven 30 goal seasons? What expectations could you have for this season that withhold your excitement? That he scores 40. I sure hope he does with Richards as his center.

With Kreider. After watching him play in college up in MA, and then seeing what he did in the playoffs. I'm pretty damn excited what he can do over the course of 82 games. Sure he will probably have his struggles but that's the beauty of a young talent like him. I want to see how he deals with adversity. Maybe he doesn't have to deal with too much adversity. He has no prior records over an 82 game season. I want to see what totals he can put up with an even more talented team up front.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote