HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Bobby Hunting [All Bobby Ryan Discussion | Part VI]

Old
08-12-2012, 03:58 PM
justheducks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
So, basically you're offering a cap dump/bottom 6 player, a bottom pairing d-man, and a 2nd? You couldn't even make the pick a 1st? Oh, nm...you're also labeling Ryan as a 'second line winger', so I see the mentality behind this offer. You really think this is a fair offer for the Ducks? It's pretty brutal...

edit: LOL...just noticed...and the Ducks are also throwing in a pick?
I can see the Ducks jumping on something like this...
To MTL:
Ryan
Cogliano
2013 3rd rounder
2014 4th rounder

To ANA:
Plekanec
Bourque
2013 2nd round pick

Anaheim does it cause they get 2 top 6 forwards to fill out their roster. I am sure MTL wouldn't mind getting rid of Bourque's contract and he doesn't have a ton of value. Cogliano saves a million bucks and gives them some speed and a good PK'er.

Montreal does it because they get Bobby Ryan to play with Cole. A longterm deal for Ryan means that MTL gets Ryan for the next 4 years
and can build around Ryan and Galchenyuk.

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
To MTL:
Ryan
Cogliano
2013 3rd rounder
2014 4th rounder

To ANA:
Plekanec
Bourque
2013 2nd round pick

Anaheim does it cause they get 2 top 6 forwards to fill out their roster. I am sure MTL wouldn't mind getting rid of Bourque's contract and he doesn't have a ton of value. Cogliano saves a million bucks and gives them some speed and a good PK'er.

Montreal does it because they get Bobby Ryan to play with Cole. A longterm deal for Ryan means that MTL gets Ryan for the next 4 years
I'd do this trade for sure

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
I don't see the Ducks too interested in that, let alone "jumping" on it. I'd rather not have Bourque, and don't see him being much more valuable than Cogs. Which leaves Ryan for Plekanec and a 2nd for 3rd + 4th. I just don't see the Ducks parting with Ryan for that type of deal. If that's all it took, I am certain it would have happened already. I really don't see Murray trading him if he does not have to or isn't getting that young 2nd line center in the mold of the many guys that have been discussed extensively.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
To MTL:
Ryan
Cogliano
2013 3rd rounder
2014 4th rounder

To ANA:
Plekanec
Bourque
2013 2nd round pick
Murray isn't going to opt to get older. Keeping Ryan is the better option.

Cue the Habs fans who mistake that to mean that their players are over the hill.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
To MTL:
Ryan
Cogliano
2013 3rd rounder
2014 4th rounder

To ANA:
Plekanec
Bourque
2013 2nd round pick

As a Duck fan, I'd rather they keep Ryan and Cogs if that's the best deal on the table. I don't think that trade makes the Ducks a better team.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 05:18 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
As a Duck fan, I'd rather they keep Ryan and Cogs if that's the best deal on the table. I don't think that trade makes the Ducks a better team.
Solves a bit of depth issue an adding a top 6 winger and a 2nd line center. Apparently what Bob Murray is looking for...
I'm not saying I would do the deal. Personally I trade Getz or Perry before I trade Ryan.

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Solves a bit of depth issue an adding a top 6 winger and a 2nd line center. Apparently what Bob Murray is looking for...
I'm not saying I would do the deal. Personally I trade Getz or Perry before I trade Ryan.
Murray is looking to improve team now, this trade definitely does not do this, and it's terrible for Anaheim. No way Anaheim does that deal. Murray would be fired immediately for making that giant mistake.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 12:43 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

Quote:
To MTL:
Ryan
Cogliano
2013 3rd rounder
2014 4th rounder

To ANA:
Plekanec
Bourque
2013 2nd round pick

Good god good thing you aren't running the team.

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

Ana-Sjs

To ducks:
Joe pavelski
Niklas petrecki
1st in 2013

OR:
Pavelski
Braun
2nd 2013

To sharks:
Bobby Ryan

Reasoning: ducks get the 2C they want, a decent D prospect to help with the loss of Schutlz plus a pick in 1 of the first 2 rounds in a very deep draft. Sharks get that shakeup to the team they need because obviously the current crop of players aren't working

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:57 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
While value's probably okay, Pavelski is the Sharks Backes, Bergeron, Kesler. He has more value than his offensive contributions, which were better than Ryan's (albeit different circumstances, I get that).

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

Tbh I too would not do this from a sharks perspective but I was trying to make a deal that would satisfy duck fans.

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

We are giving up too much from a Sharks perspective.

Last edited by Hatrick Marleau: 08-14-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Also I think the Ducks want more scoring depth not more defense.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:57 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

I don't think division rivals would consider a trade of this magnitude. The value might not be off, because it really strengthens both, but they are rivals. Just cannot see them doing it.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 04:36 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
I think everyone understands how this goes.

Yes.....but no. Off to the East you go Mr. Ryan.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Getz2perry

Pevelski and a 1st for ryan, is pretty good value from a ducks standpoint unfortunately its our biggest rival and i highly doubt we make any significant trades with them.

But i do love pevelski and the 1st isnt bad considering the draft class next year, overall good trade from a ducks view.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Mattb124

The OP is way too much to give up for Ryan. Pavelski is probably the better all-around player when you consider his face-off and defensive/PK prowess, but Ryan is a better fit (more dynamic offensively) for the position Pavelski is currently playing for the Shark's. I think that at best we would get 5-10 additional goals out of Ryan, but would give some of that back on the defensive side. That trade-off isn't worth a prospect and a 1st IMO.

In terms of getting the current crop of players working, the Sharks need scoring depth more than a 1st line shake-up.

Mattb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb124 View Post
The OP is way too much to give up for Ryan. Pavelski is probably the better all-around player when you consider his face-off and defensive/PK prowess, but Ryan is a better fit (more dynamic offensively) for the position Pavelski is currently playing for the Shark's. I think that at best we would get 5-10 additional goals out of Ryan, but would give some of that back on the defensive side. That trade-off isn't worth a prospect and a 1st IMO.

In terms of getting the current crop of players working, the Sharks need scoring depth more than a 1st line shake-up.
Pevelski + 1st for ryan is fine by me , didnt care for your guys prospects much anyway.

Ryan is good defensively(career +37 vs pavs +39 and pavs has been on better teams his whole career), he brings good physical play to the table also. Id have to think in san jose hed get 1st PP unit time and be joe thorntons go to guy during even strength where in anaheim hes slotted behind perry/selanne in terms of go to guy. Id guess in san jose ryans 3 goals on the powerplay last season would turn to at least 10... and him being the go to guy for a world class play maker in joe thornton should boost his even strength production also... i think he hits 40 rather easily up in san jose with that PP and top line.

Last edited by Getz2perry: 08-14-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old
08-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Mattb124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Pevelski + 1st for ryan is fine by me , didnt care for your guys prospects much anyway.

Ryan is good defensively(career +37 vs pavs +39 and pavs has been on better teams his whole career), he brings good physical play to the table also. Id have to think in san jose hed get 1st PP unit time and be joe thorntons go to guy during even strength where in anaheim hes slotted behind perry/selanne in terms of go to guy. Id guess in san jose ryans 3 goals on the powerplay last season would turn to at least 10... and him being the go to guy for a world class play maker in joe thornton should boost his even strength production also... i think he hits 40 rather easily up in san jose with that PP and top line.
I agree that Ryan could pot 40 on the Shark's, but I do not think gaining 10 goals is worth adding a first when you give up Pav's high level PK skill and elite face-off ability. Ryan was 10th in SH TOI for the Duck's last year (although I admittedly do not know what his PK capabilites are), while Pav's was #1 of the Shark's regulars.

Mattb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

To be honest, if the Sharks get involved, I think it would have to be at least Pavelski+Clowe, maybe they give a little something back, but those two would have to be included 100%. If they`re dealing Bobby to a rival like that, the only way I see it happening is if it makes way too much sense to not pass up, rather than even an overpayment.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
To be honest, if the Sharks get involved, I think it would have to be at least Pavelski+Clowe, maybe they give a little something back, but those two would have to be included 100%. If they`re dealing Bobby to a rival like that, the only way I see it happening is if it makes way too much sense to not pass up, rather than even an overpayment.
Id take couts

Old
08-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Aznguy

Bobby Ryan to Ottawa

Bobby Ryan to Ottawa would be awesome in Ottawa alongside Spezza. Ryan put up 4 straight 30 goal seasons, he could possibly put up 40 alongside spezza in a offensive minded team. What would it take from the Ducks and sorry if this has already been done. I would like a deal such as

To Sens:
B.Ryan

To Ducks
M.Michalek++

What would those 2 pluses be and if we did not use Michalek in the trade at all what would the Ducks like in return?

Aznguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
No reason for either team to do this.

Sens fans will say the plus is not worth the difference, which Ducks fans will disagree with.

Ducks fans will say it does not address any hole we have and just makes us pay MORE over the next 2 years for an inferior player signed for less years. Sens fans will ignore this fact.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznguy View Post
Bobby Ryan to Ottawa would be awesome in Ottawa alongside Spezza. Ryan put up 4 straight 30 goal seasons, he could possibly put up 40 alongside spezza in a offensive minded team. What would it take from the Ducks and sorry if this has already been done. I would like a deal such as

To Sens:
B.Ryan

To Ducks
M.Michalek++

What would those 2 pluses be and if we did not use Michalek in the trade at all what would the Ducks like in return?
It has been already done. They would want a good 2nd line C+.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Selanne138

One plus is obviously Zibenejad. And IMO its another fairly significant plus. I dont think Michalek is anywhere near the level of Ryan.

All in all, not worth it from an Anaheim POV. Not sure on Sens fans take.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote