vCash: 500
Red Sox/MLB 2012 Thread Part XVII

Part XVI http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1239947

Have at it.....

08-15-2012, 12:03 AM
EverettMike

Only positive posts for the first 100!

Cody Ross is a fun guy to watch play baseball.

He hits homeruns really far.

Old
08-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
I like Ross hes in the 5 players in that I like on this team.

Old
08-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Mountain

I love Felix Doubront!

Old
08-15-2012, 12:15 AM
CDJ*

Daniel Bard licks poop

Old
08-15-2012, 12:16 AM
CDJ*

That whiny little excuse making ***** Pedroia came out after the game and said the teams performance to date is on the players, not Bobby V.

That crybaby *****!

Old
08-15-2012, 01:28 AM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

As far as I'm concerned, the players on this team (in general) are complete *******s. They had a ****ing great coach who would go to war for them - he stood up for them through thick and thin. However, they ****ing through him under the bus. Now they're *****ing about Bobby? Incredible. This is on the PLAYERS, only.

Old
08-15-2012, 02:12 AM
Shaun
beauty

Chris Carpenter to Baltimore for Dan Duquette

Old
08-15-2012, 06:37 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

What a year ! Chaos was there since day 1 and still here. To say that this team is dysfunctional is an euphemism. The Sox refused to clean the house and they pay the price for it. While it's clear that V is not the only responsible for that mess, the drama surrounding him and the team is a distraction. It's not going to change; not in a place like Boston.

Old
08-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tales View Post
As far as I'm concerned, the players on this team (in general) are complete *******s. They had a ****ing great coach who would go to war for them - he stood up for them through thick and thin. However, they ****ing through him under the bus. Now they're *****ing about Bobby? Incredible. This is on the PLAYERS, only.
Now it's on managment, they've entitled these babies and moves need to be made in the off-season. Buying these guys headpones, harbor cruises and then letting them back stab the manager is pathetic.

Valentine was never the man for this job, Luchino owns this as much as anyone.

Old
08-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Fenian24

There's a reason you never hear sox fans around my age (44) say they miss the good 'ol days. This is what the good 'ol days looked liked. Awful owenership, unproductive whiny players, a terrible out of touch manager who takes random naps and a media feeding frenzy.

Only good news is the pink hats will be leaving, and hopefully not finding their way to Causeway street.

Old
08-15-2012, 07:49 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Chris Carpenter to Baltimore for Dan Duquette
Duke got a bad rap here because he didn't come off well in interviews, but the guy is a good GM. He put the core of players together that won the World Series in 2004, despite everyone giving all the credit to Theo.

Old
08-15-2012, 08:03 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenian24 View Post
There's a reason you never hear sox fans around my age (44) say they miss the good 'ol days. This is what the good 'ol days looked liked. Awful owenership, unproductive whiny players, a terrible out of touch manager who takes random naps and a media feeding frenzy.

Only good news is the pink hats will be leaving, and hopefully not finding their way to Causeway street.
Quoted for truth.

And if you think this brings back memories for people our age [I'm 49] you should ask my mother about some of the teams the Sox have fielded in her 70 years of fandom. She has seen some absolute doozies in her time.

So really this is a return to the status quo- the Sox teams of the 00s were the exception that proves the rule.

Old
08-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Johnnyduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
That whiny little excuse making ***** Pedroia came out after the game and said the teams performance to date is on the players, not Bobby V.

That crybaby *****!
You can play this act all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Pedroia has been a whiny little ***** this season...whether you want to admit it or not. The only reason he said that is because he was asked about the Yahoo article. What else was he gonna say? You didn't actually think he'd make things worse in that spot, did you?

Going back to the last thread, where are you getting your information in regard to the Red Sox having a "top notch" farm system. I haven't seen that reported anywhere or heard anyone say it. They might have a good/solid system, but I haven't heard top notch to describe it.

Old
08-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Mancini0518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyduke View Post
You can play this act all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Pedroia has been a whiny little ***** this season...whether you want to admit it or not. The only reason he said that is because he was asked about the Yahoo article. What else was he gonna say? You didn't actually think he'd make things worse in that spot, did you?

Going back to the last thread, where are you getting your information in regard to the Red Sox having a "top notch" farm system. I haven't seen that reported anywhere or heard anyone say it. They might have a good/solid system, but I haven't heard top notch to describe it.
I'd put them at 14-16 in the league and i'd only put the yankees behind them in the division. Toronto has a ton of prospects that are close to MLB ready, Baltimore has 2 of the top 5 prospects in baseball and the Rays have a better system as well.

Old
08-15-2012, 09:18 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

My feeling with ANY farm system is that those close to it, tend to overrate it. Of course, I can't speak to other places and their media/fans having only lived in this area most of my life, but too many Red Sox prospects get the "second coming" treatment in my view.

Old
08-15-2012, 09:25 AM
BruinsFan64

More days in last place; More days in last place

Old
08-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Johnnyduke

Pedroia says he's never met Passan. Passan counters with "I've met Pedroia like 12 times" or something like that. Haha, I wonder what to believe.

Old
08-15-2012, 09:40 AM
CDJ*

Quote:

I'd like to think I have a better knowledge of the farm system than most. I say top ten in the league...especially if Bogaerts is going to be a BA top 10 like many predict him to be next year. We have a lot of guys to be excited about, particularly in the lower minors.

We aren't rated as highly by many scouting agencies because of the fact many of the guys are years away. But those guys are potential high impact players. Henry Owens, Blake Swihart, Brandon Jacobs (whose struggling a bit recently), Vinicio, Cecchini, Barnes, Buttrey, etc.

We definitely have a better system then Tampa and the Yankees. Baltimore has better top level guys than us (Bundy, Gaussman, Machado) but don't have anything after that. They only got them from being terrible anyway.

The Blue Jays farm system is not exactly panning out as predicted for them, with Drabek sucking in the majors and Gose and Hecchavaria being the top guys after that.

I put us at 2nd in the division. Behind Baltimore. It is tough to compete with those 3 big names.

Old
08-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Johnnyduke

Wonder who gave Passan all the info. I know he had some quotes from Cherington, but I'm sure there's a player or two involved as well.

Old
08-15-2012, 09:51 AM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini0518 View Post
I'd put them at 14-16 in the league and i'd only put the yankees behind them in the division. Toronto has a ton of prospects that are close to MLB ready, Baltimore has 2 of the top 5 prospects in baseball and the Rays have a better system as well.
Toronto does not have a big time impact prospect. Gose might be able to parlay his speed into something, but he strikes out too much to be an ideal leadoff guy.

Hecchavaria is an enigma. Can't hit AA, but rakes in AAA. Definitely has something to do with the league- the PCL is a notoriously big time hitter league. You could probably go .300 25-100 there.

D'Arnaud looks good, but we all know how full time catchers kind of slow down in the hitting department once they it the bigs. He is definitely going to be a big league regular...not sure if he will be a big time impact guy though.

Not much pitching talent there as well.

The Rays, simply put, graduated everyone in their system worth mentioning so they are behind the Sox IMO. They got Hak-Ju Lee and Chris Archer, but they don't have much after.

Red Sox have the 3rd best prospect in the division.

Divisional Top 5
1. Bundy
2. Machado
3. Bogaerts
4. D'Arnaud (he is a surefire MLB player)
5. JBJ

Old
08-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Wonder who gave Passan all the info. I know he had some quotes from Cherington, but I'm sure there's a player or two involved as well.

"Who's The Clubhouse Snitch? - Part II"

Old
08-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Johnnyduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
I'd like to think I have a better knowledge of the farm system than most. I say top ten in the league...especially if Bogaerts is going to be a BA top 10 like many predict him to be next year. We have a lot of guys to be excited about, particularly in the lower minors.

We aren't rated as highly by many scouting agencies because of the fact many of the guys are years away. But those guys are potential high impact players. Henry Owens, Blake Swihart, Brandon Jacobs (whose struggling a bit recently), Vinicio, Cecchini, Barnes, Buttrey, etc.

We definitely have a better system then Tampa and the Yankees. Baltimore has better top level guys than us (Bundy, Gaussman, Machado) but don't have anything after that. They only got them from being terrible anyway.

The Blue Jays farm system is not exactly panning out as predicted for them, with Drabek sucking in the majors and Gose and Hecchavaria being the top guys after that.

I put us at 2nd in the division. Behind Baltimore. It is tough to compete with those 3 big names.
Is this Ray from Lynn? No offense to you, I certainly appreciate your passion, but I'm sure you can understand why someone would be hesitant to take your opinion on this stuff over say Keith Law, Baseball America, etc. Hey, I hope you're right because an infusion of new young talent is exactly what we need going forward.

Old
08-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Mancini0518

Today in the soap opera that is the Red Sox:

Video of players throwing sunflower seeds at first base coach Alex Ochoa and then Kelly Shoppach challenging him to a fight in the dugout

Old
08-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Johnnyduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini0518 View Post
Today in the soap opera that is the Red Sox:

Video of players throwing sunflower seeds at first base coach Alex Ochoa and then Kelly Shoppach challenging him to a fight in the dugout
Hahaha are you kidding me? I'm sure this will be blamed on the media too.

Closed Thread