HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Show Yourself - Pictures, Video, and Gear Thread

Old
08-15-2012, 09:24 AM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayman View Post
Pretty cool seeing it go from idea to completion on the board- nice job!
Thanks man. We are currently working on new aways and I'll keep everyone up to date on that process as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkrat22 View Post
Dude you guys have an All Star game? you run a pretty tight league there don't you?
BTW the jerseys look good man.
Thanks for the compliments. Yeah we do run a pretty tight league. Since we are a lower level league the "All Star" should be in quotes for sure, but we have fun with it. Running the league can be extremely annoying and rewarding at the same time. We also have a Winter Classic during the winter session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit42 View Post
Is that HNA in Chicago? I play HNA here in STL and all teams have to have matching unis (home/away jerseys and socks).. We played Chicago up in Toronto at nationals back in May.
Our league is not HNA, but we've had a few guys move from that league into ours. I'm not sure how it is in St. Louis but HNA in Chicago is mostly for guys who have not played any hockey before, whereas our league is a bit above that skill wise. About 5 guys started our league up about a year and a half ago and it has grown into something that we never expected. If you google Federal League Chicago you can find us.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:16 PM
OpenIceHit42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
Our league is not HNA, but we've had a few guys move from that league into ours. I'm not sure how it is in St. Louis but HNA in Chicago is mostly for guys who have not played any hockey before, whereas our league is a bit above that skill wise. About 5 guys started our league up about a year and a half ago and it has grown into something that we never expected. If you google Federal League Chicago you can find us.
That's weird. HNA in STL is all over the map. We have A,B1,B2,B3,B4,C1,C2,Beginners here. I currently play A/B1 (very high level of hockey, most are college/junior players) and B3 (Most guys have at least played through high school, my team has a couple of guys that played D1 and D2 college). I had a chance to check out some of the lower leagues in between our games(C2 more to be more specific) and it was brutal.

I think HNA is all over the map in the different cities to be honest, my B3 team played B3 teams from Chicago,Boston and D.C. and they were equivalent to C1 teams here in St.Louis.

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:22 AM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit42 View Post
That's weird. HNA in STL is all over the map. We have A,B1,B2,B3,B4,C1,C2,Beginners here. I currently play A/B1 (very high level of hockey, most are college/junior players) and B3 (Most guys have at least played through high school, my team has a couple of guys that played D1 and D2 college). I had a chance to check out some of the lower leagues in between our games(C2 more to be more specific) and it was brutal.

I think HNA is all over the map in the different cities to be honest, my B3 team played B3 teams from Chicago,Boston and D.C. and they were equivalent to C1 teams here in St.Louis.
Yeah I'm probably way off in my assessment of HNA as I don't know much about it. We have a bunch of guys comes to our league from lower levels of HNA so that must be why I thought it was a beginners league.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 12:34 AM
expy

Here's some video I took at our Friday Night hockey pick-up. First time using the GoPro Hero HD cam, turned out nice.

expy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 11:17 PM
clayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by expy View Post

Here's some video I took at our Friday Night hockey pick-up. First time using the GoPro Hero HD cam, turned out nice.
I actually watched the whole thing and that was pretty cool! That go-pro takes great video!

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:15 AM
TUCKER 06

Wow dude that save at 8:27 was pretty crazy. Nice work!

TUCKER 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKER 06 View Post
Wow dude that save at 8:27 was pretty crazy. Nice work!
Total reactionary save, gotta love those.

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:35 AM
expy

Thanks haha. Reactionary saves are the best, you're like "I got it?"

I'm really loving the camera, it helps me see where I can improve, where I was off-angle, and helping my recoveries. I really need to sharpen my skates though, they're as dull as my stick. lol

Old
09-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Here are some pics of me about 2 years back. Teammates grandmother took all the pictures and videos last year. Just need to figure out how to take a video off of the dvd she gave us and cut some stuff out. All these pics are from my last year in Midget LL

I am wearing Simmons Matrix III goalie pads along with the blocker and trapper. My mask is an Eddy, obviously made of kevlar.

Old
09-10-2012, 10:04 AM
expy

Gotta love that Simmons gear, pro quality, low price and totally customized.

Old
09-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by expy View Post
Gotta love that Simmons gear, pro quality, low price and totally customized.
Simmons gear is amazing. So glad I switched to it. It truly is pro quality. Never had any problems with my equipment but my younger brother and sisters all have some problems with their Reebok or Vaughn equipment.

Old
09-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Here's me lining, and dropping the puck for Martin Hanzal's brother

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote