HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Official Dinamo Riga Thread 2012/2013 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2012, 12:15 PM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by khlman View Post
Rihards may get a few games but MHL is best. I mean Kovalchuk was a Spartak regular at 16 but Spartak had been relegated and was a Russia-2 side.
Yeah,exactly what im saying let him develop in MHL,so next year he can play in the KHL.Hes just not ready this year.Maybe you could send him to Dinamo Rīgas farmclub-Liepājas Metalurgs,but i`m not sure.

Old
08-09-2012, 12:40 PM
BalticWarrior

Dinamo Rīga signs with Gunārs Skvorcovs and Vitālijs Pavlovs 2 season 2-way deals.

Old
08-09-2012, 01:30 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Dinamo Rīga signs with Gunārs Skvorcovs and Vitālijs Pavlovs 2 season 2-way deals.
did they play MHL last year?

Old
08-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Purple hippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
did they play MHL last year?
No, Pavlovs is coming from the Kazakh league, Skvorcovs from the BOL

Old
08-10-2012, 06:45 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenskaRiga View Post
No, Pavlovs is coming from the Kazakh league, Skvorcovs from the BOL
and where will they play? doubt they are good enough to play KHL, right off the bet for sure..

Old
08-10-2012, 07:13 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
and where will they play? doubt they are good enough to play KHL, right off the bet for sure..
Liepājas metalurgs(farm club) and if theyre good enough then they will be called up.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:16 PM
BalticWarrior

Information about broadcasting rights of Dinamo Rīgas games will be known next week.I hope ltv7 translates games because if its gonna be Viasat than will get to watch hockey game replays hours after the actual game,and whats sad this looks like the most plausible outcome : ( Those idiots at KHL dont know jack about broadcasting and want to give broadcasting rights to stupid viasat,goddamnit this makes me so MAD :@

Old
08-10-2012, 05:32 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Information about broadcasting rights of Dinamo Rīgas games will be known next week.I hope ltv7 translates games because if its gonna be Viasat than will get to watch hockey game replays hours after the actual game,and whats sad this looks like the most plausible outcome : ( Those idiots at KHL dont know jack about broadcasting and want to give broadcasting rights to stupid viasat,goddamnit this makes me so MAD :@
The only "stupid" I see there, is your entire post. KHL isn't giving anything to anyone. Broadcasting rights are sold to the highest bidder and that's it. It's only natural that the league, the team and TV rights holder wants to make money. Do I have to explain to you the whole concept of business?

Old
08-11-2012, 02:37 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
The only "stupid" I see there, is your entire post. KHL isn't giving anything to anyone. Broadcasting rights are sold to the highest bidder and that's it. It's only natural that the league, the team and TV rights holder wants to make money. Do I have to explain to you the whole concept of business?
But they are forgetting one thing thats most important-THE FANS,whos gonna watch game on tape at midnight or whatever? The concept wont work,when theres NOONE watching,most of latvia wont be able to see the games!!jesus ****ing christ.
What ad revenue are they gonna get,how are they making any money by cutting almost entire latvia off of hockey?
And btw,Dinamo Rīga itself doesnt want to give broadcasting rights to viasat they said they want to give it to someone who can cover the biggest audience that is- LTV7 And also Savickis said that KHL dictates who and what gets the broadcasting rights,so Dinamo Rīga has no control over this. I dont give a flying **** about how they make money i care about watching games,thats MY POINT.

Last edited by BalticWarrior: 08-11-2012 at 02:50 AM.
Old
08-11-2012, 04:29 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
But they are forgetting one thing thats most important-THE FANS,whos gonna watch game on tape at midnight or whatever? The concept wont work,when theres NOONE watching,most of latvia wont be able to see the games!!jesus ****ing christ.
What ad revenue are they gonna get,how are they making any money by cutting almost entire latvia off of hockey?
And btw,Dinamo Rīga itself doesnt want to give broadcasting rights to viasat they said they want to give it to someone who can cover the biggest audience that is- LTV7 And also Savickis said that KHL dictates who and what gets the broadcasting rights,so Dinamo Rīga has no control over this. I dont give a flying **** about how they make money i care about watching games,thats MY POINT.
KHL owns tv rights, not clubs

Old
08-11-2012, 05:22 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
KHL owns tv rights, not clubs
I know thats what im saying

Old
08-11-2012, 07:46 AM
ozo

If you care enough about seeing games, you'll either get Viasat or KHL TV. Or maybe crazier yet, you'll buy actual tickets and will go to the arena.

Even if they'll loose some coin on advertisement, I'm sure they'll make it up from selling broadcasting rights to a better bid.

Old
08-11-2012, 08:20 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
If you care enough about seeing games, you'll either get Viasat or KHL TV. Or maybe crazier yet, you'll buy actual tickets and will go to the arena.

Even if they'll loose some coin on advertisement, I'm sure they'll make it up from selling broadcasting rights to a better bid.
I have KHL-TV but they show only few Dinamo Riga games,yes i care but i wont get Viasat,out of principle,this is frickin thievery on the level of either you pay for hockey or you get no hockey at all and thats low and pathetic,fans should be their number 1 priority,not filling their pockets.
If they follow trough with this, Dinamo Rīgas popularity will decrease rapidly,because it wont be accesible to most people because most people wont pay to watch hockey and rightly so,this is straight up extortion.

Last edited by BalticWarrior: 08-11-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old
08-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Peter25

In Finland SM-liiga has been shown only in commercial (non-free) TV channel for many years.

Old
08-11-2012, 01:29 PM
ozo

Quote:
I have KHL-TV but they show only few Dinamo Riga games,yes i care but i wont get Viasat,out of principle,this is frickin thievery on the level of either you pay for hockey or you get no hockey at all and thats low and pathetic,fans should be their number 1 priority,not filling their pockets.
If they follow trough with this, Dinamo Rīgas popularity will decrease rapidly,because it wont be accesible to most people because most people wont pay to watch hockey and rightly so,this is straight up extortion.
Is see where you are coming from, but you still are dead wrong. How much money is DR making? Zilch! They need money to survive and keep icing somewhat competative team. You simply cannot attribute this deal to greediness of any sort.

Still Dinamo is no Red Cross organization. Welcome to western civilization where you have to pay for your entertainment.

Old
08-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Spartak down, DR won 3:2 in OT. Managed to see only the last goal, PP unit looked good. And the exhibition shoot-out hinted to me that we might forget our SO troubles of 11/12.

Old
08-14-2012, 08:57 AM
cska78

an enemy of my enemy = friend! congrats! lol

Old
08-15-2012, 02:22 AM
RobertR

Giroux interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrfxr...eature=g-all-u

Old
08-15-2012, 04:31 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I think you wont be happy, Viasat got it http://www.khl.ru/news/2012/8/15/43624.html

Old
08-15-2012, 05:56 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I think you wont be happy, Viasat got it http://www.khl.ru/news/2012/8/15/43624.html
It was to be expected.I can`t even be angry,just suprised how they dont care about the fans,but soon enough theyll see how tv ratings fall into oblivion because NOBODY is gonna pay to watch hockey,thats absurd.

Old
08-15-2012, 06:01 AM
BalticWarrior

****ing great TV6 will broadcast ONLY home games and ******* VISAT SPORT BALTIC will broadcast away games,thats so stupid.

Old
08-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Dynamo Mcw down as well, 5:3, Indrasis with 2 goals. Not bad, not bad. Though Znarok's boys are tired as hell during the summer, so no need to be too hopeful because of the victory.

Quote:
It was to be expected.I can`t even be angry,just suprised how they dont care about the fans,but soon enough theyll see how tv ratings fall into oblivion because NOBODY is gonna pay to watch hockey,thats absurd.
Nobody is going to pay? People pay for KHL TV just to have a more complete coverage of the league-wide events and games, of course they will pay to see DR.

I don't expect less people @ Arena Riga just because Viasat has the TV rights now. Sure, I'll miss Kreipans and easy online access, but you have to live with it.

Old
08-15-2012, 08:50 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Dynamo Mcw down as well, 5:3, Indrasis with 2 goals. Not bad, not bad. Though Znarok's boys are tired as hell during the summer, so no need to be too hopeful because of the victory.

Nobody is going to pay? People pay for KHL TV just to have a more complete coverage of the league-wide events and games, of course they will pay to see DR.

I don't expect less people @ Arena Riga just because Viasat has the TV rights now. Sure, I'll miss Kreipans and easy online access, but you have to live with it.
dont know... I read tv companies will broadcast games via internet as well. Think it will be geoblocked. SO maybe you can watch games via net next season?

Old
08-15-2012, 08:52 AM
BalticWarrior

Indrašis keeps impressing,really high hopes for the kid,so far has not let me down.

Old
08-15-2012, 08:53 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post

Thats a small minority,most will just give up on DR if they dont get it for free.

Closed Thread