HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Official Dinamo Riga Thread 2012/2013 season talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-08-2012, 12:15 PM
  #76
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by khlman View Post
Rihards may get a few games but MHL is best. I mean Kovalchuk was a Spartak regular at 16 but Spartak had been relegated and was a Russia-2 side.
Yeah,exactly what im saying let him develop in MHL,so next year he can play in the KHL.Hes just not ready this year.Maybe you could send him to Dinamo Rīgas farmclub-Liepājas Metalurgs,but i`m not sure.

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 12:40 PM
  #77
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,567
vCash: 500
Dinamo Rīga signs with Gunārs Skvorcovs and Vitālijs Pavlovs 2 season 2-way deals.

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 01:30 PM
  #78
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,708
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Dinamo Rīga signs with Gunārs Skvorcovs and Vitālijs Pavlovs 2 season 2-way deals.
did they play MHL last year?

cska78 is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 02:26 PM
  #79
Purple hippo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louvain-la-Neuve
Country: Belgium
Posts: 675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
did they play MHL last year?
No, Pavlovs is coming from the Kazakh league, Skvorcovs from the BOL

Purple hippo is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 06:45 AM
  #80
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,708
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenskaRiga View Post
No, Pavlovs is coming from the Kazakh league, Skvorcovs from the BOL
and where will they play? doubt they are good enough to play KHL, right off the bet for sure..

cska78 is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 07:13 AM
  #81
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
and where will they play? doubt they are good enough to play KHL, right off the bet for sure..
Liepājas metalurgs(farm club) and if theyre good enough then they will be called up.

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 02:16 PM
  #82
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,567
vCash: 500
Information about broadcasting rights of Dinamo Rīgas games will be known next week.I hope ltv7 translates games because if its gonna be Viasat than will get to watch hockey game replays hours after the actual game,and whats sad this looks like the most plausible outcome : ( Those idiots at KHL dont know jack about broadcasting and want to give broadcasting rights to stupid viasat,goddamnit this makes me so MAD :@

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 05:32 PM
  #83
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,781
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Information about broadcasting rights of Dinamo Rīgas games will be known next week.I hope ltv7 translates games because if its gonna be Viasat than will get to watch hockey game replays hours after the actual game,and whats sad this looks like the most plausible outcome : ( Those idiots at KHL dont know jack about broadcasting and want to give broadcasting rights to stupid viasat,goddamnit this makes me so MAD :@
The only "stupid" I see there, is your entire post. KHL isn't giving anything to anyone. Broadcasting rights are sold to the highest bidder and that's it. It's only natural that the league, the team and TV rights holder wants to make money. Do I have to explain to you the whole concept of business?

ozo is offline  
Old
08-11-2012, 02:37 AM
  #84
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
The only "stupid" I see there, is your entire post. KHL isn't giving anything to anyone. Broadcasting rights are sold to the highest bidder and that's it. It's only natural that the league, the team and TV rights holder wants to make money. Do I have to explain to you the whole concept of business?
But they are forgetting one thing thats most important-THE FANS,whos gonna watch game on tape at midnight or whatever? The concept wont work,when theres NOONE watching,most of latvia wont be able to see the games!!jesus ****ing christ.
What ad revenue are they gonna get,how are they making any money by cutting almost entire latvia off of hockey?
And btw,Dinamo Rīga itself doesnt want to give broadcasting rights to viasat they said they want to give it to someone who can cover the biggest audience that is- LTV7 And also Savickis said that KHL dictates who and what gets the broadcasting rights,so Dinamo Rīga has no control over this. I dont give a flying **** about how they make money i care about watching games,thats MY POINT.


Last edited by BalticWarrior: 08-11-2012 at 02:50 AM.
BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
08-11-2012, 04:29 AM
  #85
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
But they are forgetting one thing thats most important-THE FANS,whos gonna watch game on tape at midnight or whatever? The concept wont work,when theres NOONE watching,most of latvia wont be able to see the games!!jesus ****ing christ.
What ad revenue are they gonna get,how are they making any money by cutting almost entire latvia off of hockey?
And btw,Dinamo Rīga itself doesnt want to give broadcasting rights to viasat they said they want to give it to someone who can cover the biggest audience that is- LTV7 And also Savickis said that KHL dictates who and what gets the broadcasting rights,so Dinamo Rīga has no control over this. I dont give a flying **** about how they make money i care about watching games,thats MY POINT.
KHL owns tv rights, not clubs

vorky is online now  
Old
08-11-2012, 05:22 AM
  #86
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
KHL owns tv rights, not clubs
I know thats what im saying

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
08-11-2012, 07:46 AM
  #87
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,781
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
If you care enough about seeing games, you'll either get Viasat or KHL TV. Or maybe crazier yet, you'll buy actual tickets and will go to the arena.

Even if they'll loose some coin on advertisement, I'm sure they'll make it up from selling broadcasting rights to a better bid.

ozo is offline  
Old
08-11-2012, 08:20 AM
  #88
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
If you care enough about seeing games, you'll either get Viasat or KHL TV. Or maybe crazier yet, you'll buy actual tickets and will go to the arena.

Even if they'll loose some coin on advertisement, I'm sure they'll make it up from selling broadcasting rights to a better bid.
I have KHL-TV but they show only few Dinamo Riga games,yes i care but i wont get Viasat,out of principle,this is frickin thievery on the level of either you pay for hockey or you get no hockey at all and thats low and pathetic,fans should be their number 1 priority,not filling their pockets.
If they follow trough with this, Dinamo Rīgas popularity will decrease rapidly,because it wont be accesible to most people because most people wont pay to watch hockey and rightly so,this is straight up extortion.


Last edited by BalticWarrior: 08-11-2012 at 08:26 AM.
BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
08-11-2012, 08:49 AM
  #89
Peter25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,444
vCash: 500
In Finland SM-liiga has been shown only in commercial (non-free) TV channel for many years.

Peter25 is online now  
Old
08-11-2012, 01:29 PM
  #90
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,781
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
I have KHL-TV but they show only few Dinamo Riga games,yes i care but i wont get Viasat,out of principle,this is frickin thievery on the level of either you pay for hockey or you get no hockey at all and thats low and pathetic,fans should be their number 1 priority,not filling their pockets.
If they follow trough with this, Dinamo Rīgas popularity will decrease rapidly,because it wont be accesible to most people because most people wont pay to watch hockey and rightly so,this is straight up extortion.
Is see where you are coming from, but you still are dead wrong. How much money is DR making? Zilch! They need money to survive and keep icing somewhat competative team. You simply cannot attribute this deal to greediness of any sort.

Still Dinamo is no Red Cross organization. Welcome to western civilization where you have to pay for your entertainment.

ozo is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 08:25 AM
  #91
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man
 
Helpoing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Spartak down, DR won 3:2 in OT. Managed to see only the last goal, PP unit looked good. And the exhibition shoot-out hinted to me that we might forget our SO troubles of 11/12.

Helpoing is offline  
Old
08-14-2012, 08:57 AM
  #92
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,708
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
an enemy of my enemy = friend! congrats! lol

cska78 is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 02:22 AM
  #93
RobertR
Registered User
 
RobertR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Latvia
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Giroux interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrfxr...eature=g-all-u

RobertR is online now  
Old
08-15-2012, 04:31 AM
  #94
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Information about broadcasting rights of Dinamo Rīgas games will be known next week.I hope ltv7 translates games because if its gonna be Viasat than will get to watch hockey game replays hours after the actual game,and whats sad this looks like the most plausible outcome : ( Those idiots at KHL dont know jack about broadcasting and want to give broadcasting rights to stupid viasat,goddamnit this makes me so MAD :@
I think you wont be happy, Viasat got it http://www.khl.ru/news/2012/8/15/43624.html

vorky is online now  
Old
08-15-2012, 05:56 AM
  #95
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I think you wont be happy, Viasat got it http://www.khl.ru/news/2012/8/15/43624.html
It was to be expected.I can`t even be angry,just suprised how they dont care about the fans,but soon enough theyll see how tv ratings fall into oblivion because NOBODY is gonna pay to watch hockey,thats absurd.

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 06:01 AM
  #96
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,567
vCash: 500
****ing great TV6 will broadcast ONLY home games and ******* VISAT SPORT BALTIC will broadcast away games,thats so stupid.

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 08:20 AM
  #97
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man
 
Helpoing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Dynamo Mcw down as well, 5:3, Indrasis with 2 goals. Not bad, not bad. Though Znarok's boys are tired as hell during the summer, so no need to be too hopeful because of the victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
It was to be expected.I can`t even be angry,just suprised how they dont care about the fans,but soon enough theyll see how tv ratings fall into oblivion because NOBODY is gonna pay to watch hockey,thats absurd.
Nobody is going to pay? People pay for KHL TV just to have a more complete coverage of the league-wide events and games, of course they will pay to see DR.

I don't expect less people @ Arena Riga just because Viasat has the TV rights now. Sure, I'll miss Kreipans and easy online access, but you have to live with it.

Helpoing is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 08:50 AM
  #98
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Dynamo Mcw down as well, 5:3, Indrasis with 2 goals. Not bad, not bad. Though Znarok's boys are tired as hell during the summer, so no need to be too hopeful because of the victory.


Nobody is going to pay? People pay for KHL TV just to have a more complete coverage of the league-wide events and games, of course they will pay to see DR.

I don't expect less people @ Arena Riga just because Viasat has the TV rights now. Sure, I'll miss Kreipans and easy online access, but you have to live with it.
dont know... I read tv companies will broadcast games via internet as well. Think it will be geoblocked. SO maybe you can watch games via net next season?

vorky is online now  
Old
08-15-2012, 08:52 AM
  #99
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,567
vCash: 500
Indrašis keeps impressing,really high hopes for the kid,so far has not let me down.

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 08:53 AM
  #100
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Dynamo Mcw down as well, 5:3, Indrasis with 2 goals. Not bad, not bad. Though Znarok's boys are tired as hell during the summer, so no need to be too hopeful because of the victory.


Nobody is going to pay? People pay for KHL TV just to have a more complete coverage of the league-wide events and games, of course they will pay to see DR.

I don't expect less people @ Arena Riga just because Viasat has the TV rights now. Sure, I'll miss Kreipans and easy online access, but you have to live with it.
Thats a small minority,most will just give up on DR if they dont get it for free.

BalticWarrior is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.