HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marcel Goc to Buffalo

Old
08-14-2012, 11:43 PM
GerbeSonOfGloin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan View Post
Ideally we could use a veteran 3rd line center capable of filling in in the top 6 if Ennis or Hodgson have any trouble. Not as familiar with Langkow as I never watch Calgary or Phoenix games, but a quick look at his stats gives me some interest. What's the cost going to be?

I still think signing Arnott is the best option.
Langkow is a UFA. I haven't seen him play since he missed that whole season, I don't know where he's at right now. He could potentially be had for quite cheap, though.

GerbeSonOfGloin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:13 AM
goooal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan Of Every Anton View Post
I've asked this in another thread but never saw if it got a reply.

Why does Buffalo need more C? What do they currently look like at C right now.

I know it's too early for Grig/Girg to be expected to crack the roster, but one of them might be able to get at least 9 games.

Hodgson seems ready for a full time top-6 job. Is Gerbe capable of top-6?

Ott, McCormick, and Porter will fill out the bottom-6 roles.

Not much depth I suppose. Looking at it now I can see the need for a temporary fill while the youth develops. Is Hecht definitely not returning?
Gerbe isn't a center.

Over the past year the Sabres have lost their top two defensive centers (Roy and Gaustad) with absolutely no immediate replacements on the team. As of right now we're looking at Hodgson being our best defensive center (Im still holding out for a UFA center signing - hopefully Langkow). Essentially, we're ****ed down the middle from a defensive standpoint this season. Girgensons has great upside and will bring a two way game, but he's not ready to slot in as a 3rd line center who pulls the top defensive assignments and #1 PK duty yet. That's just too much to ask from an 18 year old rookie.

If you would feel comfortable having Ott, McCormick, and Porter for your bottom six centers when at least one of those guys needs to be a shutdown center this coming season, well, we have would then have cery different opinions on those players. Ott would be the closest thing, but he's not a true center and his defensive game isn't off the charts good.

Bottom line - we need a center who can play #1 PK time and take some tough defensive assignments while winning FOs or Ryan Miller will be in for a rough ride.

goooal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:35 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Girgenson goes to Rochester. He came out of USHL so no juniors for him.
Girgs was drafted in the WHL by Kelwona -- where the Sabres have a scout on the coaching staff -- and he can absolutely go there next season. Because he wasn't drafted out of the CHL, the CHL-NHL agreement does not apply to him, and he could join the AHL at 19 without playing his overage season, but there's nothing to stop him from playing for Kelwona.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:08 AM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I can't see him being moved right now.

His salary is nice, plays a nice 2 way game, best defensive center etc...

It would have to be for another center, maybe a younger one.

Who do you got?
Best defensive center?

Travis Zajac says hello

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:13 AM
pigpen65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Sabres:Goc

To Panthers:foligno
5th 2013
Meh. I think the Panthers could probably get Myers and Ennis too.

pigpen65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:40 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Best defensive center?

Travis Zajac says hello
Seriously? He was obviously referring to best defensive center for the PANTHERS!!

There's just not much reason to move Goc unless there was an overpayment and I just dont see that from Buffalo.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote