Old
08-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
Beats the hell out of, "Man, the Red Sox really suck right now, huh?"
No it doesn't.

There is also the Patriots and upcoming Bruins camp. Last I checked this is a sports radio station.

Either way that is why I don't listen to them. If I wanted a morning zoo show I will tune into one.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:59 AM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
No it doesn't.

There is also the Patriots and upcoming Bruins camp. Last I checked this is a sports radio station.

Either way that is why I don't listen to them. If I wanted a morning zoo show I will tune into one.
It's a sports radio station during the slowest time of the year to do sports radio, particularly when nobody in town cares about the only team currently playing.

This is just my opinion, but I don't have any interest in hearing hype for a Patriots pre-season game that is still a week away, nor do I care how the team looked during running drills at practice. You want them to talk about the Bruins training camp that won't start for over a month? "Yeah, that Hamilton kid should be pretty good."

There's only so many ways you can break down the same sports story, with the same sports people, with no sports of interest going on. Yeah, it's sports radio, but good god is it tedious to listen to when nothing of interest is happening.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
T&R spend a riveting 30 minutes on whether or not Russell Brand has an attractive face. Great radio.
I had to Google Russell Brand to find out who the heck you guys are talking about!

Old
08-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Beats the hell out of, "Man, the Red Sox really suck right now, huh?"
So where do you come down on the "Is Russell Brand attractive?" debate?

Old
08-14-2012, 11:06 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
So where do you come down on the "Is Russell Brand attractive?" debate?
He just went from 6 to midnight...

Old
08-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
It's a sports radio station during the slowest time of the year to do sports radio, particularly when nobody in town cares about the only team currently playing.

This is just my opinion, but I don't have any interest in hearing hype for a Patriots pre-season game that is still a week away, nor do I care how the team looked during running drills at practice. You want them to talk about the Bruins training camp that won't start for over a month? "Yeah, that Hamilton kid should be pretty good."

There's only so many ways you can break down the same sports story, with the same sports people, with no sports of interest going on. Yeah, it's sports radio, but good god is it tedious to listen to when nothing of interest is happening.
Enjoy your Russel Brand talk then.

Old
08-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

FWIW Beers is on with Felger this afternoon

Old
08-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

Felger wants Lucic to go back to being a goon. Awesome.

Old
08-14-2012, 03:38 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Felger wants Lucic to go back to being a goon. Awesome.
He's partially right. I don't want or think Lucic needs to revert to being a goon, but he does need to get back to the physical part of his game. He needs to get back to intimidating other players and using his physicality to create space/turnovers for his teammates to capitalize on. He's become more of a finesse player and gotten away from the part of his game that made him special.

Old
08-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
He's partially right. I don't want or think Lucic needs to revert to being a goon, but he does need to get back to the physical part of his game. He needs to get back to intimidating other players and using his physicality to create space/turnovers for his teammates to capitalize on. He's become more of a finesse player and gotten away from the part of his game that made him special.
I agree. I do think part of that is some of the calls against him may have made him a bit timid.

I think Lucic will aways be under the microscope. If he's hittig and fighting, he should be scoring more...if he's scoring, he's not hitting and fighting enough.

Old
08-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

The NHL and NHLPA met today with the future of the season hanging in the balance. I'll bet they didn't even mention it.

Old
08-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The NHL and NHLPA met today with the future of the season hanging in the balance. I'll bet they didn't even mention it.
Felger has talked about it alot. I can't speak for other shows.

Old
08-14-2012, 04:02 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
Felger has talked about it alot. I can't speak for other shows.
Felger's a buffoon if he thinks hockey should be 54 games.... hey Felger, this is why you're banned from the TD Garden and summarily fired from covering the sport

Old
08-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Dtb1381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
FWIW Beers is on with Felger this afternoon
Saw goucher today at the supermarket i work at. Talked to him about the lockout. He said he hopes we miss a few preseason games, so he doesnt have to work, but is praying for them to come to an agreement. Hes a great guy always willing to talk b's.

Old
08-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Say No to Oshie

98.5>>weei

Old
08-14-2012, 04:46 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
Felger's a buffoon if he thinks hockey should be 54 games.... hey Felger, this is why you're banned from the TD Garden and summarily fired from covering the sport
Missed you, Hutch.

Old
08-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Missed you, Hutch.
Probably one of the most coherent posts.

Old
08-14-2012, 05:22 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I was flipping between both stations this am, and man was WEEI killing haggs. It was really funny. They basically called his integrity into question for not owning up to making a mistake about the beer being allowed in clubhouses on the road. They even put together an audio piece ripping on how all he had was a personal attack against Kirk during their twitter war and on Comcast, and how Minihane was just calling him out for not being informed. Said how everyone in the media thinks he's a hot head and can't take any criticisms. Pretty funny, IMO, even if it was obviously agenda driven.
Used to respect Mr. Haggerty. Not anymore. His trashing of Tim Thomas (regardless of what one thinks per Tim's behavior & subsequent exit) is gratuitous & nakedly self-serving. He knows Tim's gone for good, why not cut him down to build yourself up?

In the sports media biz as presently constituted, the coin of the realm is face time, making yourself the story (CHB), and becoming a minor celeb. That's where the money is, and Haggerty, like so many in his profession, understands that one must make hay while the sun is high. Why are Felger, et. al. spread so thin & ubiquitious? 'Cause they gotta "crush it" while the crushin's good.

Old
08-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

Peter Chiarelli interview in Ottawa

http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chu...0on%20tgor.mp3

Old
08-15-2012, 02:37 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Bob Beers made a good point on F&M. It went from 3 guys to around 50 writers in the Bruins locker room, a lot of them from electronic media, and they all want that story that'll help them stand out. Have to keep that agenda in mind.

Old
08-15-2012, 05:14 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Beers certainly didn't rush out to defend Thomas other than "he's a goalie, what can you do"....when asked by Felger if he's a good teammate.

Old
08-15-2012, 06:53 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Peter Chiarelli interview in Ottawa

http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chu...0on%20tgor.mp3
Thanks for posting this link. Something of a gift in the dead of August. A good ten to fifteen minutes of knowledgable hockey talk. Note Chia's relatively -- relative to 98.5 -- engaged demeanor.

Thanks again,

Old
08-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHowe View Post
Thanks for posting this link. Something of a gift in the dead of August. A good ten to fifteen minutes of knowledgable hockey talk. Note Chia's relatively -- relative to 98.5 -- engaged demeanor.

Thanks again,

Hard for Chia to have good hockey talk amidst the interviews of mentally ill homeless people and naughty Mazzarotti bits.

Old
08-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Suck, suck, suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Beers certainly didn't rush out to defend Thomas other than "he's a goalie, what can you do"....when asked by Felger if he's a good teammate.
It only took shunning the White House, denouncing same-sex marriage, and bailing on his teammates + employers whilst still under contract, but Tim Thomas has finally lost his Godlike/can-do-no-wrong status he has enjoyed since 2006.

Old
08-16-2012, 06:57 AM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
It only took shunning the White House, denouncing same-sex marriage, and bailing on his teammates + employers whilst still under contract, but Tim Thomas has finally lost his Godlike/can-do-no-wrong status he has enjoyed since 2006.
Not to this fan.

And honestly he never really had this status his name has been brought up in trade rumors every offseason.

Closed Thread