HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Canada Russia challenge who will be watching (Hudon representing Canada)

Old
08-14-2012, 09:14 PM
blueberry

vCash: 500
Can someone tell me why Mckinnon wasn't playing, thanks.

blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
Can someone tell me why Mckinnon wasn't playing, thanks.
He's at the Ivan Hlinka U18.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:24 PM
le_sean

Really impressed by Hudon. I hope his offensive game jumps to the next level this season. He certainly has the drive and skillset.

I think Mark Scheifele is the real deal. He does everything right. The Jets have a great player.

Glad Dougie Hamilton sucked. One tournament doesn't make a player, but it's nice to see he's not anywhere near perfect, like some seem to suggest.

I'm also happy the Grigorenko that all of the scouts warned us about showed up. Completely invisible and once again shows he cannot be a player you can lean on when you need him the most.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Really impressed by Hudon. I hope his offensive game jumps to the next level this season. He certainly has the drive and skillset.

I think Mark Scheifele is the real deal. He does everything right. The Jets have a great player.

Glad Dougie Hamilton sucked. One tournament doesn't make a player, but it's nice to see he's not anywhere near perfect, like some seem to suggest.

I'm also happy the Grigorenko that all of the scouts warned us about showed up. Completely invisible and once again shows he cannot be a player you can lean on when you need him the most.

Nice to see Hudon twice easily beat him in puck battles. Half the size of Grigorenko with twice the heart.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Hudon got an assist on the Strome goal. So 3 points in 4 games for Charlie.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:32 AM
FF de Mars

Hudon was nifty all game long. A 5th round pick competing with a bunch of 1st rounder ! What a steal.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses

Hudon was probably one of Canada's best forwards for the tourney. I really do think we have a steal and with their chemestry that developped during camp, I look forward to seeing a Hudon-Galchenyuk duo in the future

Gally and Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 11:33 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 0
Oh goody more adulation for a prospect. Did he play well yes but lets not put him on a pedastal just yet guys. I have no idea why our fans seem to do this with our prospects we make them out to be these incredible talents when they haven't shown much at all. 4 games does not a superstar make.

29dryden29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 11:35 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Everyone in the crowd was impressed. All I could hear was praise for number 10.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKnPRICE View Post
Hudon was probably one of Canada's best forwards for the tourney. I really do think we have a steal and with their chemestry that developped during camp, I look forward to seeing a Hudon-Galchenyuk duo in the future
Definitely the most constant player on Team Canada. He was solid in all 4 games, great pick by Timmins and company!

I really hope he has a spot on TC at the WJC

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 12:24 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I have no idea why our fans seem to do this with our prospects we make them out to be these incredible talents when they haven't shown much at all.
Especially that Tinordi bum, hey?

WHAT A BUST!

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Oh goody more adulation for a prospect. Did he play well yes but lets not put him on a pedastal just yet guys. I have no idea why our fans seem to do this with our prospects we make them out to be these incredible talents when they haven't shown much at all. 4 games does not a superstar make.
You are the ultimate buzzkill. Is Hudon suddenly an elite prospect? no. Is the fact he had a great tourney a good thing? yes. Is it worth getting excited about? May as well, nothing else is really going on. And its certainly better than if he didn't play that well.

Seriously, you could take the fun out of an orgasm.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 12:47 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
You are the ultimate buzzkill. Is Hudon suddenly an elite prospect? no. Is the fact he had a great tourney a good thing? yes. Is it worth getting excited about? May as well, nothing else is really going on. And its certainly better than if he didn't play that well.

Seriously, you could take the fun out of an orgasm.
e played 4 games on agoteam lets see what he does on a team not quit so good is what I am saying yes it was great he played well but lets not put hm on a pedastal like is happening.

Old
08-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses

Quote:
e played 4 games on agoteam lets see what he does on a team not quit so good is what I am saying yes it was great he played well but lets not put hm on a pedastal like is happening.
The guy is a 5th rounder, how many 5th rounders do you see on their draft year go out and have a great series like he did? Is it worthy of praising him? I think yes! He is getting praise from other fanbases on the main prospects board. Its not like i'm calling him the next big thing

Gally and Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 12:56 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKnPRICE View Post
The guy is a 5th rounder, how many 5th rounders do you see on their draft year go out and have a great series like he did? Is it worthy of praising him? I think yes! He is getting praise from other fanbases on the main prospects board. Its not like i'm calling him the next big thing
That is great and I am glad he played well but our fanbase as a whole puts our prospects on a pedastals and god forbid anyone say anything that isn't making them out to be top shelf prospects they jump up and down screaming how dare you say that bla bla bla it is just crazy how we over do it and then expect them to be something they are often times not. Not saying he won't be good but lets not over do it.

Old
08-15-2012, 01:01 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
That is great and I am glad he played well but our fanbase as a whole puts our prospects on a pedastals and god forbid anyone say anything that isn't making them out to be top shelf prospects they jump up and down screaming how dare you say that bla bla bla it is just crazy how we over do it and then expect them to be something they are often times not. Not saying he won't be good but lets not over do it.
Dude its normal, we Quebecers keep looking for the next Martin St Louis type player or similar, thats all. It's only normal. We havent had too many Quebec born players to cheer for in Montreal in a while.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:17 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Dude its normal, we Quebecers keep looking for the next Martin St Louis type player or similar, thats all. It's only normal. We havent had too many Quebec born players to cheer for in Montreal in a while.
I am all about having our team full of great north american players preferale to the Euros. Mindyou we really need to stop making many of ths kids out to be more than they are. Lats is a prime example of this as is LeBlanc I hope LeBlanc gets better and lives up to his billing but I am not expectig more than a 3rd liner out of him.

Old
08-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Mr doom and gloom, right on cue.

I'd like to know who called him a superstar or said he had incredible talent? Talk about putting the cart ahead of the horse!

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

I'd like to know who called him a superstar or said he had incredible talent? Talk about putting the cart ahead of the horse!
Well if he didn't add in a part suggesting a lot of people were calling him a superstar, the post would look foolish and off base.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:17 PM
habitue*

Last June, I was not thrilled by the Hudon's selection at the Draft, mainly because of his size (We have tons of these smaller forwards in the pipeline)... But the kid can certainly play, and play well.

Let's just imagine a Hudon-Galchenyuk-Collberg line in 3 to 4 years from now ....

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:31 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Let's just imagine a Hudon-Galchenyuk-Collberg line in 3 to 4 years from now ....
you forgot to add the part about them all being all-stars and scoring 100 pts each per year.

just setting expectations, don't want to be accused of overhyping them

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:08 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

If you re read the post I did not once say anyone called him a supperstar I was making a point of saying 4 games does not make him a superstar but I guess that wasn't obvious lol. Not doom and gloom at all just being realistic beople are acting like he was the best player on the team. He had a good 4 games and that is great but I am not getting my hopes up or proclaiming him to be a great pick till I can see what he does the rest of his time in JR and Hamilton and in Montreal. I hope he does well we can use all the help we can get but for all teh rah rah cheerleading it just gets old.

Old
08-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
If you re read the post I did not once say anyone called him a supperstar I was making a point of saying 4 games does not make him a superstar but I guess that wasn't obvious lol. Not doom and gloom at all just being realistic beople are acting like he was the best player on the team. He had a good 4 games and that is great but I am not getting my hopes up or proclaiming him to be a great pick till I can see what he does the rest of his time in JR and Hamilton and in Montreal. I hope he does well we can use all the help we can get but for all teh rah rah cheerleading it just gets old.
I despise fanboys and the pom-pom squad as much as anyone else but you are being a little too negative.

Most people are just saying that he is looking like a good pick for a 5th rounder and they are excited about his potential. There are plenty of qualifiers such as his need to get stronger and faster to provide some levity to these posts.

It appears that you are being negative for the sake of being negative which is equally irrational and annoying as the fanboys at the other end of the spectrum.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Let me help you understand something: people here are excited because a *fifth rounder* is doing great in a tournament filled with very good players.

So, here's the deal: 5th rounder plays like ****: nobody cares. He's a fifth rounder. Meh.

5th rounder shows great talent and potential: very good reason to be excited. It's unexpected, and it's good signs of more to come.

Sure, it's only 4 games. But frankly, nobody here made any off base comments, I don't think. Plus, he has had a very good junior "career" so far. It's not like he came out of nowhere.

It sounds like you're just trying to go againt the flow for the heck of it. If you actually had some kind of substance to your argument (pointing out flaws in his game, for instance), many here would probably be more open to have an actual discussion with you. Try that instead of repeating "it's just four games".

Also, aren't you the poster who was pretty vehement regarding Tinordi? You didn't seem to mind shooting him down way ahead of time, why the double standard?

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:41 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Hudon was very impressive in this tournament. I definitely like his odds of representing Canada at the WJC with play like that, he was downright great all things considered. He reminded me quite a bit of Cammalleri with more intensity.

It's early, he has a lot to work on, but clearly this kid has the raw skillset to be an NHL player if he works hard and puts on some muscle and can get his skating up a few notches.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote