HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canada vs Russia Challenge

Old
08-14-2012, 06:40 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
I'm not worried. Ceci is usually a semi slow starter to the season, and its August so I'm not all that surprised.

He's the kind of player who really has to get in a rhythm and its hard to do that jumping into a series like this in the summer. He now knows what kind of competition he's going to be against this year in terms of making the WJ's.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 08:49 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Yeeah! Strome with a beauty! Canada wins the series!

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 08:51 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Et le but!

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Deku Scrub
Hey Scotty...

vCash: 3900
I wish I could have watched this. Now I have to wait for a highlight reel.

Deku Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 08:58 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
I wonder how much Russia cares about this tourny in comparison to Canada lol

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:26 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
Probably quite a bit, but they do like the soccer over there.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

shoulda had strome, coulda had rattie

oh well maybe it'll work out better

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 11:44 AM
HenrySpezzaThoreau
Out in the woods

At the time I wanted to take Rattie with our 21st pick. Really happy with Noesen now though. I wish we took Rattie over Puempel though.

HenrySpezzaThoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 12:34 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
How has Ceci been?

Also how is the Reilly kid?
Ceci didnt play his best games I dont think. Does he usually play the left side? I know he's a righty but i noticed him play left alot with the 67's then in this series he looked uncomfortable on the right.

I think Ryan Murray has major issues not knowing when to take the man or the puck in his own zone he always seems to make the wrong decision. I have watched him play 15 plus times now and I cant believe he went 2nd overall.

Reilly is the real deal could be the best player from the draft he was canada's best all around d man. Skates so incredibly well has a great stick and is a human breakout.

Murphy is an incredible offensive talent, almost too good I think thats why he makes the defensive blunders he does. He is going to be a hell of a player when his game matures.

This team Canada is going to have a hard time scoring, I would be shocked if Huberdeau and Scheifele are back come Christmas time.

Subban was the best goalie of the group but he basically had negative competition, first goal was really week I dont feel like he was tested all that much. Its shocking how poor canada has been at developing goalies since Price.

Strome sure has alot of skill I really like him as a player, I think the Islanders should develop him slowly its obvious his body is a late bloomer. Let him be the go to guy on Canada this year and bring him in next season.

Monohan is always around the puck strong on his stick and awesome hockey sense he is going to be an amazing hockey player.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Larionov

It's worth noting that Jared Cowen struggled mightily at the World Juniors as an 18 year old, showing even worse symptoms that Ceci just did. Tournaments like this one are dominated by 19 year olds, most of whom have been to a pro camp already. That extra year makes a huge difference, especially for defencemen. A year from now, Ceci will a step faster, a lot stronger, and smarter as a player. What this shows is that Ceci is unlikely to contend for an NHL spot this September, which is probably for the best anyway. Give him another year in junior, maybe a year after that in the AHL, and bring him along when he is ready.

Larionov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Marklar*

relax people, this wasn't even the Wolrd Juniors. It's a minicamp in August in which Ceci was the 7th d-man. You're not going to succeed if you always play with a different guy on your side on D.

whoever said Ryan Murray has major issues, that's simply not true. one of the more polished d-men to be drafted in a while. He deserved to be 2nd overall, and pretty much every team had him as the Top D.

Rattie is a good scorer but do you see how thin he is and how poor he is defensively? These guys ar eliterally a dime a dozen. Yet no, people go gaga over a midget like Charles Hudon in a summer camp in August and then except them to make the NHL and dominate one day...same thing every year. Should have had this guy, oh no! It's been a year after the draft and this guy isn't in the NHL yet but we should have taken him! Damn! lol

Marklar* is offline   Reply With Quote