HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais next contract

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-15-2012, 01:26 PM
  #1
Soltantgris
Registered User
 
Soltantgris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
David Desharnais next contract

What would be your numbers for this little center ?

I hope to 12M-4 years.

Discuss.

EDIT: Please switch Davis for David


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 08-15-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Soltantgris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:40 PM
  #2
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
I'd give him 15M over 4 years. One of my favorite Hab.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:51 PM
  #3
Andros777
Registered User
 
Andros777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
If he hits sixty points or more again, I'd give him four years at fifteen million.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:58 PM
  #4
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
If he hits sixty points or more again, I'd give him four years at fifteen million.
If he hits 60 pts or more again, he will be worth a lot more than that next summer. Would be smart to ink him now.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:06 PM
  #5
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
He is actually the one Hab i am very anxious to see how his production will be.
Another good season like last year and his bank account will go Kaching !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:17 PM
  #6
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 10,897
vCash: 500
I'm still not sure how much a guy like Desharnais is worth...

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:23 PM
  #7
Takashi
Registered User
 
Takashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
3m per year

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:24 PM
  #8
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,602
vCash: 500
If he scores 60-points again, he's going to get at least $4M.

Which is why we should lock him up now.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:36 PM
  #9
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
If he has numbers similar to last year, he'll get 4.5M per.

If he actually explodes and has an 80 pts season, he'll get more than that.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:40 PM
  #10
Zorro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
i truly believe he will get 70-80pts this year so...16M over 4 years is appropriate if he signs now. However if he signs at the end of the season, it will cost MB closer to $5M as people will really compare him to St.Louis.

Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:50 PM
  #11
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,235
vCash: 500
If we sign him this summer...2 year extension at 7.5 mil.

If we wait till next summer and he matches or exceeds this past year's numbers, 3-4-5 years and 4.75-5.25 mil.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:54 PM
  #12
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,340
vCash: 500
I wonder why people worry that he might produce and get a big salary... I mean, if he produces, he helps the team, right ?

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:01 PM
  #13
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,929
vCash: 500
I don't see DD as a long term Hab. Hope he proves me wrong but as it stands, I see him as a stop gap with Pleks, Gally and Eller being our top 3. If its not Plecks, then probably traded for another top line centre unless Gally can supersede him in the next 2-3 years which I doubt.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:09 PM
  #14
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
I can easily see DD as our 2nd line center...lets say in 3-4 years Gally takes the number 1 spot, DD 2nd C and Plek as the shutdown 3rd line C...Eller is the oddman out as I'm concerned and a great trade bait.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:13 PM
  #15
Zorro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
I can easily see DD as our 2nd line center...lets say in 3-4 years Gally takes the number 1 spot, DD 2nd C and Plek as the shutdown 3rd line C...Eller is the oddman out as I'm concerned and a great trade bait.
Fully agree with this

Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:18 PM
  #16
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
I can easily see DD as our 2nd line center...lets say in 3-4 years Gally takes the number 1 spot, DD 2nd C and Plek as the shutdown 3rd line C...Eller is the oddman out as I'm concerned and a great trade bait.
I agree but locking up DD gives us many options and those include trading either Pleks or DD as well...

Personally I don't think we trade a centre until Gally literally forces his way through the door which I don't see happening until next year.................

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:25 PM
  #17
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
I agree but locking up DD gives us many options and those include trading either Pleks or DD as well...

Personally I don't think we trade a centre until Gally literally forces his way through the door which I don't see happening until next year.................
Of course, I'm talking long term. I want DD signed to an extension now. We will have DD Plek Eller...and once Gally is set to take one of the top 3 C spots, Eller will sadly be gone.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:33 PM
  #18
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,548
vCash: 500
He'll get what Gagner got.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:55 PM
  #19
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
I cant wait to see Desharnais without Cole and/or Pac so that people starts to realize DD's weakness.. You put Pleks between those guys and not only he would produce just as much or even more offensively than DD but the line becomes way more overall effective straight off the bat!!

Giving more than 2M to DD would be a mistake since a Gally Pleks Eller center line is much more interesting for the future of this team...

Reading some posters, there is no doubts that Desharnais has become grossly overrated over here..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:05 PM
  #20
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I cant wait to see Desharnais without Cole and/or Pac so that people starts to realize DD's weakness.. You put Pleks between those guys and not only he would produce just as much or even more offensively than DD but the line becomes way more overall effective straight off the bat!!

Giving more than 2M to DD would be a mistake since a Gally Pleks Eller center line is much more interesting for the future of this team...

Reading some posters, there is no doubts that Desharnais has become grossly overrated over here..
OMFG...do you realise that both Pacioretty AND Cole played with Plekanec and NOTHING happened. People should realise how great DD is and how great his vision is. Plekanec has no vision, all he does is dump the puck in and play good defense. Desharnais has improved drastically on faceoffs and is arguably the best center on our team.

We tried all sort of players with Plekanec and nothing worked (Cammalleri, Pacioretty, Gionta, Cole, Bourque, Leblanc). So your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:31 PM
  #21
subbang76
I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!
 
subbang76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
OMFG...do you realise that both Pacioretty AND Cole played with Plekanec and NOTHING happened. People should realise how great DD is and how great his vision is. Plekanec has no vision, all he does is dump the puck in and play good defense. Desharnais has improved drastically on faceoffs and is arguably the best center on our team.

We tried all sort of players with Plekanec and nothing worked (Cammalleri, Pacioretty, Gionta, Cole, Bourque, Leblanc). So your argument makes no sense whatsoever.
Were you even following the Canadiens this past season...Plekanec only had a couple of chances to play with the team's top 2 wingers...same applies with Eller.. Cunney felt that the chemistry between Pacioretty, Cole, and Desharnais was more effective...

subbang76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:35 PM
  #22
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,499
vCash: 591
4 years at 3.5 or 3.75 per year.

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:42 PM
  #23
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
I wonder why people worry that he might produce and get a big salary... I mean, if he produces, he helps the team, right ?
And these very same fans are the ones saying Molson is cheap.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:55 PM
  #24
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
Of course, I'm talking long term. I want DD signed to an extension now. We will have DD Plek Eller...and once Gally is set to take one of the top 3 C spots, Eller will sadly be gone.
No, DD will be gone.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:57 PM
  #25
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
No, DD will be gone.
If "gone" is a code-word for 1st line C, then yes, you're right.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.