HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10 Teams That Can Win It All: New York Rangers

Old
08-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Fortunately, from reports hes been strengthening his legs/lower body and cardio.

So there shouldn't be an excuse for being out of shape. He just needs to heal the shoulder and strengthen it.
I meant more in terms of getting back into the game menatally. Without a training camp or early season games to get into the groove, he's just jumping in after quite a bit of time off and it's stuff like his timing that I'm thinking could be off for awhile.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
So, were the Kings one of the ten who had a chance last season? I doubt it.
As many have mentioned, they absolutely were.

They were the least "Cinderella-like" of any team with that kind of story in history.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:19 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
As many have mentioned, they absolutely were.

They were the least "Cinderella-like" of any team with that kind of story in history.
Yep. I had the Kings as my SC favorites going into the season after the Mike Richards deal and they underachieved alllll season.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:47 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yep. I had the Kings as my SC favorites going into the season after the Mike Richards deal and they underachieved alllll season.
Ditto. I was shocked at how much they struggled throughout the season. It was inexplicable. They very clearly had one of the best rosters in the league.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 05:08 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I'm good with Gabby getting 15-20 goals in half a season. He'll be warmed up for the playoffs and adding a healthy Gabby for the stretch with a team that already has Richards & Nash on the first line is ...."Oh Baby"!!!

Besides, Gabby has never had a situation where he was coming off the 2nd line where the top line had serious offense that other teams focused on. Nash and Richards on line one, with Gabby Stepan on line two can do wonders for opening the ice up for Gabby.

Oh and not many teams will have a 1-2 40 goal scorer punch centered by solid playmakers.

Oh and I'm booking Krieder for 30 goals! Throw him on Steps' other wing and you've got serious firepower on your 2nd line. The likes of which the Rangers haven't had in a very, very long time. Potential for two 1st lines in NY once Gabby is back and playing healthy!

The NHL hates the Rangers!!!!

no thats not fair to say, because we all know the NHL absolutely hates the devils

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Arrive at my level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko23 View Post
there are a fair amount of snipers in this league who dont hit 30 goals. kreider is considered more of a power forward type guy. yes he did well in the playoffs, but im still saying if he hits 20, im happy.
Reality is he's a rookie and new to the Rangers big club. I say between 15 and 20

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
As long as we don't run into the Penguins we'll probably be fine. Head to head we are not good against them. In all likelihood however, based on my own power rankings and this forum's power rankings, Pittsburgh and Philly will meet in the first round. That would be Pittsburgh's toughest opponent because the Flyers are a better model of what the Penguins are. Crap defense and goaltending covered up by explosive offense. The Pens have the two best players in the world but the Flyers core also has a world talent in Giroux and better depth IMO, especially with Pittsburgh trading Staal. Flyers also lost Jagr, but Pittsburgh losing Staal was a bigger deal.
I think the Rangers' depth will beat the Pens. I think the toughest opponent for the Rangers will be Boston. Other than that, I don't see a team in the East challenging them, at least on paper.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote