HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/5)

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2012, 09:17 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Miller can be an NHL contributor right now. He's more polished than Kreider was at this stage of his career in terms of hockey smarts. If Miller had Kreider's scoring touch, he would have been a top-5 pick.

Miller doesn't mess around.

Old
08-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Chris Botta reporting Traverse city cancelled

Old
08-16-2012, 04:28 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Can't say I'm surprised...but that's ******

08-16-2012, 04:34 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Damn, that really sucks. And after we got such good coverage of it last year, too.

RANGERS =
Old
08-17-2012, 06:57 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Your assuming Gaborik is gone already this year?
And let´s see the final cap numbers are before we decide what "the new CBA era" means. No?
You may very well be right on both points though...
This year? I wrote Miller for 13-14.

The Rangers up for contracts by 2014. Del Zotto(right now),McDonagh(arbitration),Stepan,Hagelin(arb),Sau er(health is a ?. If healthy,Sauer is worth $3M-$3.5M per in the next 2 years(arbitration years),Lundqvist,Callahan,Girardi,Gaborik,Kreider( arb) and maybe DZ(arb) again if he signs a 2 year bridge contract sometime soon. Those are all key players. 10 players. Lundqvist,Callahan,Girardi and Gaborik will all be group IIIs in 2014. Usually a team isn't able to keep all of their group IIIs.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:49 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Brady Skjei discussed his experience at the US camp last week

Quote:
"I think it went really well," offered Skjei. "The coaches knew my game going in because of my previous time in the (United States) program, so that provided me a certain comfort level. I just tried to be a solid two-way player for the team, probably more of a shut-down guy. I wanted to showcase my skating, which is probably the best part of my game and is a big part of international play, along with my shut-down abilities. I am happy with how it all went."
http://blueshirtsunited.com/photos/1...o-pinch-myself

He discussed JT Miller and Steve Fogarty too. Skjei and Miller were teammates at the US program in Ann Arbor in 10-11.

Old
08-20-2012, 03:53 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Boo Nieves is projected to begin his college career on the 3rd line

Quote:
Lindsay Sparks - Cristoval ‘Boo’ Nieves - Derek DeBlois

Sparks, a senior, couldn’t find a rhythm in 2011-12, and Berenson scratched him from the lineup frequently after he initially proved ineffective. He isn’t reliable enough in his own zone to be placed any higher than this right off the bat. But he is talented enough with the puck to make his last campaign a successful one. If Michigan succeeds, chances are Sparks will have turned things around and made significant contributions at both ends of the ice.

Nieves stands out, even as a freshman, as the fastest skater on a potential line composed of speedsters. Opposing teams will struggle to keep up. Though college hockey might be an adjustment for Nieves, scouting reports maintain that he is very intelligent with the puck.

Now that DeBlois has a full season’s worth of games under his belt, as he got during his sophomore year, he should be well adjusted. He’s another player that could steadily climb up the line chart as the season progresses, though a checking line might be best for his two-way style of play.
http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/...oster?page=0,1

Old
08-21-2012, 02:06 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Michigan's PP was trash last year, which was surprising since UM always had a lethal PP. Losing Hagelin and Merril didn't help, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nieves sees the bulk of PP time on the second unit. Whatever pre-draft flaws scouts saw in his game will get fixed by Berenson

Old
08-21-2012, 04:16 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Pipeline prospects radio show out of Edmonton has a blog. They have been highlighting one prospect per team who isn't one of the high profile prospects but someone who they think can become a NHL player

They chose Michael St.Croix who plays for the local junior team

Quote:
He is slightly undersized and although his speed has improved, no one would consider St. Croix to be a speedy player. Fortunately he has skilled hands to either set up or finish plays but while that leads to junior success it's not a guarantee that it will translate to pro hockey.

I've spoken with numerous scouts who aren't sold he can play in the top 6 for a NHL club and because he's not considered a checker, he won't fit in on the bottom 6 either.
http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/...medium=twitter

Old
08-21-2012, 05:38 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Michigan's PP was trash last year, which was surprising since UM always had a lethal PP. Losing Hagelin and Merril didn't help, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nieves sees the bulk of PP time on the second unit. Whatever pre-draft flaws scouts saw in his game will get fixed by Berenson
If he can mold into a third line speedster in the like of Hagelin, that would be superb.

Old
08-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Miller can be an NHL contributor right now. He's more polished than Kreider was at this stage of his career in terms of hockey smarts. If Miller had Kreider's scoring touch, he would have been a top-5 pick.

Miller doesn't mess around.
Yeah, I agree in principle, but for most kids, 19 is still very young. It's Staal& MDZ rookie age. My point is just, it's impossible to know for sure if, for how long and to what extent JT might be ready.

Old
08-21-2012, 06:51 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Pipeline prospects radio show out of Edmonton has a blog. They have been highlighting one prospect per team who isn't one of the high profile prospects but someone who they think can become a NHL player

They chose Michael St.Croix who plays for the local junior team

http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/...medium=twitter
The press on St. Croix sounds a lot like a redux on Marc Savard. Maybe. Maybe not.

Old
08-21-2012, 06:53 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
The press on St. Croix sounds a lot like a redux on Marc Savard. Maybe. Maybe not.
Well if he pans out, that's certainly the mold of player he would fit.

Old
08-21-2012, 07:12 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Sounds like Erik Christenson, top 6 player or worthless to this team's identity.

Old
08-21-2012, 08:20 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
I'd certainly take that

Old
08-21-2012, 08:23 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Yeah, I agree in principle, but for most kids, 19 is still very young. It's Staal& MDZ rookie age. My point is just, it's impossible to know for sure if, for how long and to what extent JT might be ready.
Staal was a rookie at 20, he went back to Sudbury at 19

Old
08-22-2012, 03:03 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Sounds like a trade chip to me.

Old
08-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Draft Guru

St. Croix was a 4th round pick. People look at his eye-popping junior numbers and immediately think he's a blue chipper. He's not. Every team has a St. Croix or two in their prospect cupboard. There's a reason the success rate of mid round picks is so small. Sure, every once in a while there's a small guy or two who is drafted low and becomes a star...but there's hundreds of others who never pan out. If he does anything at the NHL level it's a bonus. More likely than not he's another Corey Locke, but we'll see. As a fan I always hope for the best. The names change, but it's the same projects every year. Small players who are highly skilled offensively but lacking in other areas that prevent them from making the show. Time will tell on St. Croix.

Old
08-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
St. Croix was a 4th round pick. People look at his eye-popping junior numbers and immediately think he's a blue chipper. He's not. Every team has a St. Croix or two in their prospect cupboard. There's a reason the success rate of mid round picks is so small. Sure, every once in a while there's a small guy or two who is drafted low and becomes a star...but there's hundreds of others who never pan out. If he does anything at the NHL level it's a bonus. More likely than not he's another Corey Locke, but we'll see. As a fan I always hope for the best. The names change, but it's the same projects every year. Small players who are highly skilled offensively but lacking in other areas that prevent them from making the show. Time will tell on St. Croix.
At 5'11", the knock on him isn't even that he's small. It's that his game is entirely based on finesse play on the periphery. It's been a real struggle to get him to play in the high traffic areas, especially when the going gets tough. Look at how his scoring dropped in the playoffs and how invisible he is during prospect camps. The guy has to get stronger and learn to assert himself. It's nice that his play has reportedly improved in the regular season, but he needs to show a lot more or he'll never be anything at the higher levels.

Old
08-23-2012, 08:32 AM
NYR Viper

Quite a few reports had him becoming more assertive physically with the puck last year. I still like the pick......

Old
08-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Quite a few reports had him becoming more assertive physically with the puck last year. I still like the pick......
I don't dislike it it. He was a late pick, so you're taking a shot. Maybe you get lucky... if not, oh well... I think JT Miller becomes an NHL player, and Fogarty has a great shot as well so you can't call it a bad draft at this stage (although, how good - you don't know yet).

Old
08-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I know. That's why I said the thing about him reportedly doing well in the regular season. Unfortunately, both his scoring and his play dropped off in the post-season. That doesn't seem like a good sign moving forward.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Preseason:

Jesper Fasth 2+0 vs Sparta Praha. Oscar Lindberg 2+0 vs a KHL team.

Last edited by Hockeyfrilla: 08-24-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old
08-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Preseason:

Looks good.

Old
08-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Preseason:

While it's nice to see Lindberg do well, I don't really care about him right now

GREAT to see Fast(h) get off to a nice start in the pre-season after that gruesome injury last season.

Closed Thread