HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OFFICIAL Rockford IceHogs/Toledo Walleye/Other Prospects Thread 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2012, 07:36 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Yes, lets project just how good Danault will be in the NHL off of 4 games in August.

Old
08-15-2012, 08:46 PM
RomersWorld*

Eh, I don't think HF50 said anything out of the ordinary. Danault was always expected to be a bottom 6 forward, most likely a 3rd liner. He is right that he didn't show much of any offensive instincts during the 4 games but oh well.

Statistically, it backs up HF50's point that Danault looks to be only a bottom 6 forward at the NHL level. He finished like 5th on his junior team in points and had only 18 goals. He got outscored by a couple undrafted players the same age as him.

Hopefully he'll be able to put up 30-40 points at the NHL level while being physical and being a shutdown type player. That is all I'm really expecting from him and that would be great. Rattie sure looks good though. He is incredible around the net and in close...great hands, soft touch and an eye for the net. He won't carry the puck like a Kane or Hossa, but he finds the right spots on the ice and makes his mark. Wish we drafted him or Jurco at 26. Meh, could be worse though...then we might not have Saad(who shouldn't have been passed up 3 times by Hawks).

Last edited by RomersWorld*: 08-15-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old
08-15-2012, 09:21 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Eh, I don't think HF50 said anything out of the ordinary. Danault was always expected to be a bottom 6 forward, most likely a 3rd liner. He is right that he didn't show much of any offensive instincts during the 4 games but oh well.

Statistically, it backs up HF50's point that Danault looks to be only a bottom 6 forward at the NHL level. He finished like 5th on his junior team in points and had only 18 goals. He got outscored by a couple undrafted players the same age as him.

Hopefully he'll be able to put up 30-40 points at the NHL level while being physical and being a shutdown type player. That is all I'm really expecting from him and that would be great. Rattie sure looks good though. He is incredible around the net and in close...great hands, soft touch and an eye for the net. He won't carry the puck like a Kane or Hossa, but he finds the right spots on the ice and makes his mark. Wish we drafted him or Jurco at 26. Meh, could be worse though...then we might not have Saad(who shouldn't have been passed up 3 times by Hawks).
Rattie didn't look like anything special outside of the final game.. and even then, he really didn't do anything that made him stand out. He scored a couple PP goals at the side of the net that were tap-ins and set-up a tap-in, again on the PP.. 5-on-5 he didn't show much of anything, but again, it's August.

With Rattie's skating and lack of size, I have a hard time believing he'll be a good NHL scorer. I think he'll be an NHLer, but more of a fringe 2nd liner than a dynamic 1st liner. Rattie may have a higher offensive upside, but it's not like Danault's bad offensively himself and he's much more likely to reach his perceived potential (3rd line centre vs. top line scorer).

Old
08-15-2012, 09:21 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Hey guys I was hoping maybe you could provide me with some assistance if you don't mind.

I run a GM Game on the Rangers Board and I have a potential trade on the table that intrigues me. I have always liked Andrew Shaw, Marcus Kruger, and Kyle Beach.

The deal is Michael Sauer, plus a pick for Kruger and Beach.

I'm just curious to know who has more upside in your opinion: Shaw or Kruger. Also what kind of potential are we looking at for both.

I don't know if it's relevant but we use the EA Sports NHL Series to be our sim engine.

Any help you could provide would be great

08-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Hawkaholic

Danault is that exact kind of player we lack in the bottom 6, I would be happy if hes an 'elite' 4th line C.

Old
08-15-2012, 10:21 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Hey guys I was hoping maybe you could provide me with some assistance if you don't mind.

I run a GM Game on the Rangers Board and I have a potential trade on the table that intrigues me. I have always liked Andrew Shaw, Marcus Kruger, and Kyle Beach.

I'm just curious to know who has more upside in your opinion: Shaw or Kruger. Also what kind of potential are we looking at for both.

I don't know if it's relevant but we use the EA Sports NHL Series to be our sim engine.

Shaw by a mile imo.... Kruger one day could be a player to really surprise, but Shaw has that attitude and edge that will keep him in the league for some years....plus he can score some solid goals...

Shaw would be the target for me, but why would you move Sauer for either Shaw or Kruger??? I think Sauer is criminally underrated and a solid as heck NHL player

Old
08-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post

All I can say... on EAs NHL I simulated 3 years and Krüger always had better numbers than Shaw.

Talking about real life, it's hard to tell. Both will have a nice NHL career ahead of them and we just need to know in what role. I think Shaw will be a really good Bottom6 crash and banger with a nice scoring touch.
Having him on the roster will only help the Hawks. His heart is much needed.

Krüger on the other side is a smart player that knows his role and positioning. He has a high hockey IQ and like Shaw, effort isn't a problem.

Why trade Sauer + pick for Krüger + Beach?

Old
08-16-2012, 06:50 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Shaw by a mile imo.... Kruger one day could be a player to really surprise, but Shaw has that attitude and edge that will keep him in the league for some years....plus he can score some solid goals...

Shaw would be the target for me, but why would you move Sauer for either Shaw or Kruger??? I think Sauer is criminally underrated and a solid as heck NHL player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
All I can say... on EAs NHL I simulated 3 years and Krüger always had better numbers than Shaw.

Talking about real life, it's hard to tell. Both will have a nice NHL career ahead of them and we just need to know in what role. I think Shaw will be a really good Bottom6 crash and banger with a nice scoring touch.
Having him on the roster will only help the Hawks. His heart is much needed.

Krüger on the other side is a smart player that knows his role and positioning. He has a high hockey IQ and like Shaw, effort isn't a problem.

Why trade Sauer + pick for Krüger + Beach?
Thank you guys.

The reason I originally considered dealing Sauer is because I thought Shaw/Kruger and Beach had much higher upside and both would be nice 3rd line future players.

But after hearing your responses I don't think I can do that deal.

Your input was very helpful, thanks

Old
08-18-2012, 07:08 AM
DontToewzMeBro

Lineup eventually?

Top 6
Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-TT-Hossa
Shaw-Bolland-McNeil
Kayes/Beach-Danault-Hayes

Keith-Seabrook
Leddy-Hammer
Olsen-Clendening
Johns

(Kayes enter roster matured and ready to contribute in any form)

Old
08-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Jokerit playing their first European Trophy game (aka first real pre-season game) in about an hour and a half, Teräväinen flanked by Steve Moses and Teemu Pulkkinen as expected.

Old
08-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Jokerit playing their first European Trophy game (aka first real pre-season game) in about an hour and a half, Teräväinen flanked by Steve Moses and Teemu Pulkkinen as expected.
If you can, keep us updated on how he looks, since I doubt it's streamed.

Old
08-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
If you can, keep us updated on how he looks, since I doubt it's streamed.
This is the only place to follow this game: http://www.europeantrophy.com/live130.html

Old
08-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Sevanston

Useless trivia: Teravainen is playing against Adler Mannheim today, which is the current club of Blackhawks 2010 pick Mirko Hofflin.

Old
08-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Jokerit lost 1-2 after SO, Teräväinen missed his attempt.

Old
08-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Sevanston

Summer is boring, so it's the perfect time for some Twitter-based speculation.

Ben Smith, Leddy, Clendening, Jayes, Kayes, Pirri, Bollig, and Morin all tweeted today that they're headed to Sweden for a week. It could be just a vacation with the guys, but it's more interesting to speculate that it's another of the Hawks' mini training sessions, like the one they hosted in Chicago in March (when Clendening signed) or the one they had in Switzerland last summer.

Hopefully it'll help all of them take the next step in their development.

EDIT: Clendening said he's got a golf resort/condo to himself and he'll be hitting the ice later. Doesn't sound like a vacation anymore.

Last edited by Sevanston: 08-19-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Added Clendening
Old
08-18-2012, 10:57 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Summer is boring, so it's the perfect time for some Twitter-based speculation.

Ben Smith, Leddy, Jayes, Kayes, Pirri, Bollig, and Morin all tweeted today that they're headed to Sweden for a week. It could be just a vacation with the guys, but it's more interesting to speculate that it's another of the Hawks' mini training sessions, like the one they hosted in Chicago in March (when Clendening signed) or the one they had in Switzerland last summer.

Hopefully it'll help all of them take the next step in their development.
Considering Bollig and Kevin Hayes are going, I don't think it means anything.

Old
08-18-2012, 11:31 PM
RomersWorld*

Didn't some of the Hawks go last year as well? To Sweden for some training camp of a former Hawks' player/coaches' team or something like that?

Old
08-18-2012, 11:35 PM
RomersWorld*

I found this from last year(what I was remembering):

Quote:
Training camp begins almost a month early this week, and overseas, for a handful of Chicago Blackhawks players.

The Blackhawks have sent seven of their own over to Switzerland this week to participate in the final preseason preparations for Swiss NLA club HC Lugano’s upcoming season.

Niklas Hjalmarsson
Viktor Stalberg
John Scott
Marcus Kruger
Dylan Olsen
Jeremy Morin
Jimmy Hayes
http://thethirdmanin.com/2011/08/21/...er-blackhawks/

Maybe they are doing it in Sweden this year instead of Switzerland or something. That is my guess.

Old
08-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Jokerit playing their second game today, against ERC Ingolstadt. Teräväinen flanked by Ruutu and Pulkkinen today. Game tied at 1-1 in the 3rd, since Ruutu scored the goal for Jokerit and Pulkkinen got an assist on it as well, I'd assume Teräväinen was on the ice.

Old
08-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Jokerit won 2-1, (Hardt scored the winner). No points for Teräväinen.

Old
08-19-2012, 11:48 AM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Jokerit won 2-1, (Hardt scored the winner). No points for Teräväinen.
Thanks for the updates! Much appreciated

Old
08-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Jokerit Youtube channel has a recap of yesterday's game:

Old
08-20-2012, 05:29 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Highlights from the Jokerit - ERC Ingolstadt game (in case it wasn't mentioned, Teräväinen is #86):

Old
08-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Hawkaholic

So the Sudbury Wolves beat Finland HIFK 9-1.
Just glad to see none of our prospects are playing for the HIFK team.

CHL once again proving it's the best league for prospects!

Old
08-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
So the Sudbury Wolves beat Finland HIFK 9-1.
Just glad to see none of our prospects are playing for the HIFK team.

CHL once again proving it's the best league for prospects!
Pfft, HIFK just blows!

Closed Thread