HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

St. Louis Blues Top Prospects #3

View Poll Results: #3
Ian Cole, D 16 26.23%
Ty Rattie, RW 35 57.38%
Jake Allen, G 9 14.75%
Jordan Schmaltz, D 1 1.64%
Brett Ponich, D 0 0%
Jani Hakanpaa, D 0 0%
Sam Kurker, RW 0 0%
Cade Fairchild, D 0 0%
Philip McRae, C 0 0%
Joel Edmunson, D 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-30-2012, 02:17 PM
  #26
kfox9611
Registered User
 
kfox9611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Went with Rattie. Absolutely tore it up in the WHL last year (sound familiar Brett Sonne? haha) and if he can do it again, he'll push for a roster spot in 2 years.

Cole hasn't fallen off yet, will obviously still be a top 5 prospect. But he's got to give the Blues a reason not to trade him, or send him back down. If he can prove to be as versitile as Petro and Shatty, than there is a top 3 d-core that could be scary. Mixed with Jax and Polak as the shut down guys.

Allen has been solid with Peoria so far, and is no question the top goalie prospect for the team. I mean how great was that minute he played against LA right?! He'll be in the top 5 and theres no need to rush him when you have Halak and Elliott, so he has time to develop and get ready for the show in the next year or 2.

kfox9611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:24 PM
  #27
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,036
vCash: 500
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1239967

Next one is up and running.

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 12:37 AM
  #28
Bruv
Loveless
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Finland
Posts: 52,846
vCash: 50
Didn't vote in time, but Rattie for me.

Bruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:00 AM
  #29
ps241
Drunken rant!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 50
Jets fan coming in peace

In the Canada vs Russia game yesterday Ty Rattie scored and beautiful goal scores goal to draw Canada within 1. he picked up a feed from his left wing in an awkward area on the ice and did a mini toe drag instant release snap shot through a Russian D man and sniped the corner. REALLY SLICK!!

First thing I did was look up who drafted him ......you guys are lucky!!

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 02:15 AM
  #30
Novacain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Jets fan coming in peace

In the Canada vs Russia game yesterday Ty Rattie scored and beautiful goal scores goal to draw Canada within 1. he picked up a feed from his left wing in an awkward area on the ice and did a mini toe drag instant release snap shot through a Russian D man and sniped the corner. REALLY SLICK!!

First thing I did was look up who drafted him ......you guys are lucky!!
Thanks for droping in, and you know what makes us even luckier? Rattie is our THIRD best forward prospect.

Good time to be a Blues fan

Novacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 09:40 PM
  #31
ps241
Drunken rant!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacain View Post
Thanks for droping in, and you know what makes us even luckier? Rattie is our THIRD best forward prospect.

Good time to be a Blues fan
He popped 2 Goals tonight and added an assist in the deciding game of the series. He has a bit of a Jordan Eberle vibe to him.

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:13 PM
  #32
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
He popped 2 Goals tonight and added an assist in the deciding game of the series. He has a bit of a Jordan Eberle vibe to him.
He played REALLY well in front of the net. He was standing in front of the goalie (just to either side) on both of his goals, jumping on rebounds and popping them in with lightning quick snap shots. He did something similar from a similar spot just left of the goalie on the edge of the crease on his assist, rifling a tape to tape lighting fast pass to Huberdeau, who popped it in.

Rattie's game of going to the net, both withstanding and avoiding opponents' hitting, and finding the open spots was spectacular. He was playing the way we want the much bigger Stewart to play. He has such great offensive positioning, and offensive anticipation. Once he builds up his strength and bulk, significantly, he'll be a very special offensive player. I'm VERY glad that The Blues haven't traded him off for a veteran defenceman.

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:25 PM
  #33
ps241
Drunken rant!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
He played REALLY well in front of the net. He was standing in front of the goalie (just to either side) on both of his goals, jumping on rebounds and popping them in with lightning quick snap shots. He did something similar from a similar spot just left of the goalie on the edge of the crease on his assist, rifling a tape to tape lighting fast pass to Huberdeau, who popped it in.

Rattie's game of going to the net, both withstanding and avoiding opponents' hitting, and finding the open spots was spectacular. He was playing the way we want the much bigger Stewart to play. He has such great offensive positioning, and offensive anticipation. Once he builds up his strength and bulk, significantly, he'll be a very special offensive player. I'm VERY glad that The Blues haven't traded him off for a veteran defenceman.
He has a great release. He can get the goals johnny on the spot via feel and positioning or he can can beat you head to head in a phone booth with no space with his quick release. Very impressed with him.

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:56 PM
  #34
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
He played REALLY well in front of the net. He was standing in front of the goalie (just to either side) on both of his goals, jumping on rebounds and popping them in with lightning quick snap shots. He did something similar from a similar spot just left of the goalie on the edge of the crease on his assist, rifling a tape to tape lighting fast pass to Huberdeau, who popped it in.

Rattie's game of going to the net, both withstanding and avoiding opponents' hitting, and finding the open spots was spectacular. He was playing the way we want the much bigger Stewart to play. He has such great offensive positioning, and offensive anticipation. Once he builds up his strength and bulk, significantly, he'll be a very special offensive player. I'm VERY glad that The Blues haven't traded him off for a veteran defenceman.
Missed the game. Really glad to hear this. He also has a very solid attitude about improvement. His interviews I've read have been fairly impressive in terms of his understanding what he has to do to be a real player in the NHL. I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to get back to Blues camp (if there is one) and measure his improvement against last year. Either way it'll be fun to watch him at WJC. This kind of big-game performance can only help his stock for that.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.