HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-colorado

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Unfortunately your chart did'nt fool me.

Can't help it if you want to ignore a perfectly reasonable argument.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Drij

vCash: 500
Quote:
Nope not at all actually, this is a Toronto/Colorado thread and Statsny is being proposed so it's vital the correct and complete numbers are being shown.

I wouldn't pay up for a car that's advertised as going 200 MPH if it's only really capable of doing 100 MPH and I wouldn't expect any smart buyer to do so either.
that's nice but you are not buying Statsny... nor are we selling him.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Maybe we could trade him for Phil Kessel.

Phil Kessel is a 60 pt forward who got lucky last year. All the previous seasons prior PROVE this to be true.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Connor McJesus
Praise

Quote:
Nope not at all actually, this is a Toronto/Colorado thread and Statsny is being proposed so it's vital the correct and complete numbers are being shown.

I wouldn't pay up for a car that's advertised as going 200 MPH if it's only really capable of doing 100 MPH and I wouldn't expect any smart buyer to do so either.
lol

vrrrooooooooooooooommmm

Old
08-15-2012, 11:17 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post

Can't help it if you want to ignore a perfectly reasonable argument.
It's reasonable up to a certain point.

I'm the buyer, you're selling me on that Stastny's totals will go back up to normal (bounce back) with really good wingers that can finish. Why should I (or a GM) pay up for Stastny if he needs really good wingers to get more then 50'ish points as a 1st line center. Also what if it's the wingers who make Stastny what he is and not so much Stastny who makes the wingers what they are?

Old
08-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:

I'm the buyer, you're selling me on that Stastny's totals will go back up to normal (bounce back) with really good wingers that can finish. Why should I (or a GM) pay up for Stastny if he needs really good wingers to get more then 50'ish points as a 1st line center. Also what if it's the wingers who make Stastny what he is and not so much Stastny who makes the wingers what they are?
No. You're the buyer...we're saying....THE STORE IS ****ING CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like Kessel, the arrival of Lupul boosted his totals. He's a 60 point guy.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Connor McJesus
Praise

Quote:

Yes clearly it's Avs fans who keep trying to sell you Stastny.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:25 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
No. You're the buyer...we're saying....THE STORE IS ****ING CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like Kessel, the arrival of Lupul boosted his totals. He's a 60 point guy.
What store, this is a hockey forum where hockey and it's players are discussed.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
What store, this is a hockey forum where hockey and it's players are discussed.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:28 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:

Do I really have to point out that this was started buy a Leafs fans proposal? We are not trying to sell you ****...

It's more like some creep walking up off the street and making you a low ball offer for your Corvette (That your not trying to sell.) because it has a flat tire. Then refuses to leave you alone by making a ******** argument that the car should be cheaper because of a temporary issue.

Except in that case all you have to do is go inside, get your shotgun and tell the creep to get the ******* off your lawn. We don't have that option unfortunately...

Old
08-15-2012, 11:29 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Yes clearly it's Avs fans who keep trying to sell you Stastny.
I think a Flames fan started this thread but really why does it matter who wants to discuss about hockey players on a hockey forum?

Old
08-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Do I really have to point out that this was started buy a Leafs fans proposal? We are not trying to sell you ****...

It's more like some creep walking up off the street and making you a low ball offer for your Corvette (That your not trying to sell.) because it has a flat tire. Then refuses to leave you alone by making a ******** argument that the car should be cheaper because of a temporary issue.

Except in that case all you have to do is go inside, get your shotgun and tell the creep to get the ******* off your lawn. We don't have that option unfortunately...
OMG...it's EXACTLY like that!!!

Old
08-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:

Let's clarify something the difference between the wingers Stastny was playing with and really good is the depth of the Marianas Trench.

Daniel Winnik shot 3.2% playing on O'Reilly and Stastny's wings, O'Reilly & Landeskog had an offensive uptick when Winnik got moved to Stastny's wing. Kevin Porter isn't even going to be in the NHL next season and Stastny got him to 14 goals. Ryan Stoa can't even crack the 1st line in the AHL and he played on Stastny's wing in the 2011 portion of 2010-11. Brandon Yip was waiver fodder after enjoying a healthy portion of his 10-11 season with Stastny.

If I'm the seller, I'm selling you a 1967 Shelby that got beat up on the outside but still drives like a dream and once you polish it up and give it some new body work it will be back to its glory days.

And if you plan on buying that car cheap then I'll just sell it to the next bidder that appreciates the value of the car, otherwise I'm no worse off keeping the car because I actually like it.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:35 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Let's clarify something the difference between the wingers Stastny was playing with and really good is the depth of the Marianas Trench.

Daniel Winnik shot 3.2% playing on O'Reilly and Stastny's wings, O'Reilly & Landeskog had an offensive uptick when Winnik got moved to Stastny's wing. Kevin Porter isn't even going to be in the NHL next season and Stastny got him to 14 goals. Ryan Stoa can't even crack the 1st line in the AHL and he played on Stastny's wing in the 2011 portion of 2010-11. Brandon Yip was waiver fodder after enjoying a healthy portion of his 10-11 season with Stastny.

If I'm the seller, I'm selling you a 1967 Shelby that beat up on the outside but still drives like a dream and once you polish it up and give it some new body work it will be back to its glory days.

And if you plan on buying that car cheap then I'll just sell it to the next bidder that appreciates the value of the car, otherwise I'm no worse off keeping the car because I actually like the car.
So basically you're selling a dream (Stastny is no Shelby Cobra right now and hasn't been for two years) just like a good trustworthy used car salesman would?

Old
08-15-2012, 11:37 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
So basically you're selling a dream (Stastny is no Shelby Cobra right now and hasn't been for two years) just like a good trustworthy used car salesman would?
I just have one last thing to say and it's probably the only thing worth saying at this point...

You having a picture of Burke on your Avatar is perfect, never change that.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:38 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I just have one last thing to say and it's probably the only thing worth saying at this point...

You having a picture of Burke on your Avatar is perfect, never change that.
Okay.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
No it's not, using this logic one could say a goalie had a perfect 1.000 SV% because he got a few shutouts during one month yet in reality he finished the entire season with a .870 SV%.

You're cherry picking the stats that you only want to see. Players are judged on their whole body of work not just a couple of months.
Cherry picking stats would be taking 20 games throughout the season in which he scored and claim that made him a PPG player, that is not what we are doing, yet you act like that is our argument.

I ask you then, put Bozak with Chuck Kobasew and Kevin Porter, and put Stastny with Kessel, I bet Bozak is reaaalll close in production.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:44 PM
agreen23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Great prospects like Nazem Kadri and Matt Frattin are scraps now.
If theyre so great why are they in EVERY FREAKING TRADE PROPOSAL? Kadris almost 22 and Frattins 24. Plenty of time to develop in the A already. Why arent they up in TO full time?

(Seguin had 67 pts as a 19 year old.. Now thats a GREAT prospect. Sorry had to get that in there!)

Scraps may be the wrong word but let me know the last time that non blue chip, unspectacular prospects fetched a number one center?

Get it through your head that no one is willing to give elite talent for unproven talent.

I can't wait for TO to fail this year (again) because their fan base is even less tolerable than MTL whom I love to hate. Cant wait for the next 8-0 Bs rout. Good day.

Last edited by agreen23: 08-15-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old
08-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:

Old
08-15-2012, 11:49 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
Cherry picking stats would be taking 20 games throughout the season in which he scored and claim that made him a PPG player, that is not what we are doing, yet you act like that is our argument.

I ask you then, put Bozak with Chuck Kobasew and Kevin Porter, and put Stastny with Kessel, I bet Bozak is reaaalll close in production.
That is essentially what you're doing. I was directed to a chart that is supposed to sell me on Stastny bouncing back and I pointed to his complete point totals which obviously shows that he has regressed over the last two seasons.

There is a flaw in the chart, clearly.

Old
08-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
That is essentially what you're doing. I was directed to a chart that is supposed to sell me on Stastny bouncing back and I pointed to his complete point totals which obviously shows that he has regressed over the last two seasons.

There is a flaw in the chart, clearly.
IF that is indeed the fact AND you are an intelligent person, please explain to me WHY the Avs trade him then at this point, considering the numbers he's put up the 4 seasons prior to that. Why would they sell him when his value is at his lowest and he's under contract for another 2 years?

Old
08-16-2012, 12:18 AM
ProstheticConscience
not enough alcohol

Outside party asking for mercy lock.

Old
08-16-2012, 12:32 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
IF that is indeed the fact AND you are an intelligent person, please explain to me WHY the Avs trade him then at this point, considering the numbers he's put up the 4 seasons prior to that. Why would they sell him when his value is at his lowest and he's under contract for another 2 years?
Because they don't expect his numbers or his value to get any higher than it is now. Which may or may not be high. How would I know. But usually guys with his point totals aren't very high.

Old
08-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
Because they don't expect his numbers or his value to get any higher than it is now. Which may or may not be high. How would I know. But usually guys with his point totals aren't very high.
Thanks for joining in the conversation. A lot of really great insight there. At least you got the bolded part right.

Old
08-16-2012, 01:07 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

BREAKING NEWS: Mass suicide strikes world. At 7am EST it appears that many people across the globe have committed suicide simultaneously. First reports suggest there is a connection, all members of this suicide are fans of the NHL hockey club, the Colorado Avalanche.

UPDATE: Upon further investigation it appears they have all died in front of their computers', all looking at the same thread on the same website, HFBoards. The thread was titled "Proposal: Toronto-colorado". Police around the globe are reporting that the thread has consisted of Colorado fans being told Stastny sucks and has to be traded now.

Closed Thread