HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-colorado

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2012, 01:37 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Thanks for joining in the conversation. A lot of really great insight there. At least you got the bolded part right.
Actually, it's a very logical thought.

Question: Why would they trade him when his value is low?

Answer: Because they don't expect his value to go up?

for clarification, I'm not saying they do feel that way, just if they did feel that way.

Quote:
Why would they sell him when his value is at his lowest
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
Because they don't expect his numbers or his value to get any higher than it is now?

As for the "How would I know?" it's just me admitting I don't watch Statsny. I'll leave the "value" to them. Personally a player with 2 seasons of sub par numbers and 2 years left on his deal is not someone I'd want to pay a premium for.

But thanks for being so inviting.

Last edited by smoke meat pete*: 08-16-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old
08-16-2012, 01:42 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
BREAKING NEWS: Mass suicide strikes world. At 7am EST it appears that many people across the globe have committed suicide simultaneously. First reports suggest there is a connection, all members of this suicide are fans of the NHL hockey club, the Colorado Avalanche.

UPDATE: Upon further investigation it appears they have all died in front of their computers', all looking at the same thread on the same website, HFBoards. The thread was titled "Proposal: Toronto-colorado". Police around the globe are reporting that the thread has consisted of Colorado fans being told Stastny sucks and has to be traded now.
I haven't read all of the thread, but it came across to me as, yes, we'd like to have him but we aren't willing to pay for an 80 point forward, as he hasn't been one for a few years. Trade values often work that way. The Leafs own Dion Phaneuf may be a prime example to use for Statsny. Huge start to his career but struggles up the middle. The only question now is, what way does his production go. Anyone should understand a fan of another team being cautious of guys like him.

Old
08-16-2012, 01:44 AM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by roytosakic View Post
breaking news: Mass suicide strikes world. At 7am est it appears that many people across the globe have committed suicide simultaneously. First reports suggest there is a connection, all members of this suicide are fans of the nhl hockey club, the colorado avalanche.

Update: Upon further investigation it appears they have all died in front of their computers', all looking at the same thread on the same website, hfboards. The thread was titled "proposal: Toronto-colorado". Police around the globe are reporting that the thread has consisted of colorado fans being told stastny sucks and has to be traded now.
rip.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:08 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
This thread just keeps getting better

Old
08-16-2012, 02:38 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
This thread just keeps getting better
glad your enjoying
I can do if need be and I'm thinking I need to

Old
08-16-2012, 03:49 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Stastny for Luongo. Just to confuse Leaf fans in their proposals

Old
08-16-2012, 08:50 AM
ThunderBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
I haven't read all of the thread, but it came across to me as, yes, we'd like to have him but we aren't willing to pay for an 80 point forward, as he hasn't been one for a few years. Trade values often work that way. The Leafs own Dion Phaneuf may be a prime example to use for Statsny. Huge start to his career but struggles up the middle. The only question now is, what way does his production go. Anyone should understand a fan of another team being cautious of guys like him.
The Avalanche have full control of Stastny. Stastny has not asked for a trade and enjoys playing in Colorado. Stastny's cap number does not bother us. Stastny is not for sale, and if you would like to trade for him then you are going to pay for a ppg player or we will keep him, end of discussion. We don't care what you Leaf fans think of him that is the price tag, pay it or don't.

Old
08-16-2012, 08:59 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
IF that is indeed the fact AND you are an intelligent person, please explain to me WHY the Avs trade him then at this point, considering the numbers he's put up the 4 seasons prior to that. Why would they sell him when his value is at his lowest and he's under contract for another 2 years?
Players get traded all the time when they are not performing up to par, it happens all the time. Trades also happen when players are playing well, this is hardly a new discovery.

Old
08-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Players get traded all the time when they are not performing up to par, it happens all the time. Trades also happen when players are playing well, this is hardly a new discovery.
Profound statement.

Let me counter will the equally profound: players very often don't get traded when they play well/don't play well.

Old
08-16-2012, 09:22 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Profound statement.

Let me counter will the equally profound: players very often don't get traded when they play well/don't play well.
It's not a profound statement at all, Mike Richards and Jeff Carter were traded within an hour of each other for not playing up to par. It doesn't always happen but it does happen.

Old
08-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Stastny for Luongo. Just to confuse Leaf fans in their proposals
I think we can somehow weave this name into every thread!!!

Old
08-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Yeah but if Stastny WASN'T playing well or up to par, HFboards would be littered with 'Stastny to X' proposals started BY Avs fans and that's clearly not the case.

Funny thing is, you're not even seeing the odd "value of Stastny" threads started by Avs fans. You would think, if he was as bad as you're saying he is and as overpaid as you're saying he is and had regressed as much as he has, that these threads would be all over the place but they are not.

Old
08-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Yeah but if Stastny WASN'T playing well or up to par, HFboards would be littered with 'Stastny to X' proposals started BY Avs fans and that's clearly not the case.

Funny thing is, you're not even seeing the odd "value of Stastny" threads started by Avs fans. You would think, if he was as bad as you're saying he is and as overpaid as you're saying he is and had regressed as much as he has, that these threads would be all over the place but they are not.
I think it's safe to say that not many teams are actively looking to deal their 1/2 centers.

Old
08-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I think it's safe to say that not many teams are actively looking to deal their 1/2 centers.
It's also safe to say that the Avs isn't one of them.

Old
08-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

lets put this into simpler terms for all you out there

/thread

Old
08-16-2012, 09:46 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:

I never said he was a bad player or overpaid once in this thread (in fact I even said he could bounce back), feel free to check all of my posts. However he has been under performing or regressed over the last two seasons compared to what he was putting up fairly regularly.

His total production dropped by 21% from 2009/10 to 2010/11 and then dropped again by 13% from 2010/11 to 2011/12. All in all that's a 31% drop off from 2009/10 to present day Stastny.

Old
08-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
I never said he was a bad player or overpaid once in this thread (in fact I even said he could bounce back), feel free to check all of my posts. However he has been under performing or regressed over the last two seasons compared to what he was putting up fairly regularly.

His total production dropped by 21% from 2009/10 to 2010/11 and then dropped again by 13% from 2010/11 to 2011/12. All in all that's a 31% drop off from 2009/10 to present day Stastny.
I don't think you like 99% of Leafs fans understand. The Avs are not shopping Stastny, every previous reports indicate that the Leafs are interested in Stastny and the Avs are not shopping him. Which means if you want Stastny you're going to have to pay what the Avs believe he's worth, which would be a point per game centre. Takes 2 teams to make a trade which Leafs fans apparently forget since they think the whole league revolves around their team. Let me ask this again, how do the scraps the Leafs are offering fit into the Avs' line up to make them a better team? The only player that would make sense to trade Stastny for is Phanuef or Kessel.

McGinn-Stastny-Jones
Parenteau-Duchene-Hejduk
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Downie

The wingers the Leafs are offering would be at best the 7th or 8th best winger on the Avs, so you're telling the Avs to downgrade from Stastny to Bozak for 3rd line wingers? Please think before you propose.

Old
08-16-2012, 10:05 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
I don't think you like 99% of Leafs fans understand. The Avs are not shopping Stastny, every previous reports indicate that the Leafs are interested in Stastny and the Avs are not shopping him. Which means if you want Stastny you're going to have to pay what the Avs believe he's worth, which would be a point per game centre. Takes 2 teams to make a trade which Leafs fans apparently forget since they think the whole league revolves around their team. Let me ask this again, how do the scraps the Leafs are offering fit into the Avs' line up to make them a better team? The only player that would make sense to trade Stastny for is Phanuef or Kessel.

McGinn-Stastny-Jones
Parenteau-Duchene-Hejduk
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Downie

The wingers the Leafs are offering would be at best the 7th or 8th best winger on the Avs, so you're telling the Avs to downgrade from Stastny to Bozak for 3rd line wingers? Please think before you propose.
Stastny isn't a PPG center currently (hasn't been for two years in a row) and Toronto isn't offering "scraps" for him. Also try to be a little bit more mature in your posts. Teams can set a price for their players but the real value is only what others are willing to offer.

Old
08-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Stastny isn't a PPG center currently (hasn't been for two years in a row) and Toronto isn't offering "scraps" for him. Also try to be a little bit more mature in your posts. Teams can set a price for their players but the real value is only what others are willing to offer.
And if we don't like what you have to offer then we have the option to say no. Which now that I think about it has been said many times over in several different ways. Unless Stastny is just begging to be traded his value is what we say it is so, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, deal with it.

Old
08-16-2012, 10:12 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
We are done.

Closed Thread