HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does the Pacioretty extension set Marchand's price?

Old
08-15-2012, 04:17 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
I don't really see Marchand as what I would want to pay 5+ for, but with contracts like Leino, Jones, Malone, Jagr, Connolly, etc all making 4 to 4.75 million then I think he could certainly get it from someone.

I actually do rank Patches over Marchand offensively but it isn't clear or very far apart. Even though I said it was clear that Marchand was better by overall play it is very slightly better so no I would rather not have Marchand at 5.5. I think they both could have had about 5.15 or more with some of the ridiculous contracts given out but I would hope that Marchand also takes a discount and comes in at 4.25 to 4.5.

That Patches contract is great for you guys. He has one of the best shots in the game and if all you need is offense I think he is in a group of players just behind the elites in the game.
I think that's a fair assessment. If marchand can sign similar to the pacioretty deal I think it's a good think for boston. I remember last year(i think it was last year after cup win) it took a while to sign marchand and everyone thought he was asking for the world but he got a pretty cap friendly deal and I think he'd do the same in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
Is missing open nets and hitting goalie's pads a unique skillset now

I think he will get close to 6 or 6, and it is ridiculous. Max is a better player, but there is more that goes into this stuff than actual on ice ability.
Well yeah, max is a better skater and has a better shot than lucic and in general his offensive instincts are better but Lucic brings other things to the table. Before he it 30 goals he was given 4 mil per based on potential and what he was currently bringing. He can ask for 5 mil pretty easily IMO. 6 mil? eh, I dunno if he'd actually get that much even if he is or isn't worth it. I find it hard to believe boston has to overpay for Lucic so you'll see him at a fair deal.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I am on board with this, almost entirely. I think Marchand comes in at 4 on the nose.
That and he is very lucky to get it.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 06:16 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
Can we please stop calling him "Patches"?

Sounds like an old, feeble dog that needs to be euthanized

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
One can only speculate on what might have happened if Pacioretty had been available in the 2010 playoffs' closely contested first round.
Remember in 2008 when the Habs beat the Bruins in 7...Bergeron was injured.

Actually Chara was sick Game 1 and missed game 2 in 2010. With a healthy Chara,maybe the Bruins win in 5.

And if Savard was healthy the Bruins sweep! He would get the Bruins PP going.

you see...anybody can play that game.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:04 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Remember in 2008 when the Habs beat the Bruins in 7...Bergeron was injured.

Actually Chara was sick Game 1 and missed game 2 in 2010. With a healthy Chara,maybe the Bruins win in 5.

And if Savard was healthy the Bruins sweep! He would get the Bruins PP going.

you see...anybody can play that game.
Agreed. While it's a legit point it can also be applied to nearly every team. What's done is done.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Agreed. While it's a legit point it can also be applied to nearly every team. What's done is done.
exactly.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:10 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
Exactly what I think when I hear that nickname!

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:

For me it sounds like people are treating him like he is a Bruin.

Does anybody really care what or how he is called

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 07:19 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

Max is that you???? We hurt your feelins????

Sorry Max, we will now refer to you as Pooches

I think Marchand, IF re-signed, comes in around Simmonds money, right at 4 mill

I did it, opened Pandora`s Box, let`s see what comes out of it

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Max is that you???? We hurt your feelins????

Sorry Max, we will now refer to you as Pooches

I think Marchand, IF re-signed, comes in around Simmonds money, right at 4 mill

I did it, opened Pandora`s Box, let`s see what comes out of it

Aly, is that you?.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 07:47 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner st View Post
Aly, is that you?.
Haha, was wonderin when someone would make the comment. Not totally Chia`s MO to move a guy like Marchand, but......Jared Knight in the pipeline, COULD bring elements Marchand does, and if a piece is needed, Marchand COULD bring a solid return.

That said, highly unlikely he isn`t a Bruin 2013 onwards but he`s far from untouchable IMO, big year for him, has to produce like everyone else, and produce when it counts

Old
08-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Haha, was wonderin when someone would make the comment. Not totally Chia`s MO to move a guy like Marchand, but......Jared Knight in the pipeline, COULD bring elements Marchand does, and if a piece is needed, Marchand COULD bring a solid return.

That said, highly unlikely he isn`t a Bruin 2013 onwards but he`s far from untouchable IMO, big year for him, has to produce like everyone else, and produce when it counts
Well before we declare Jared Knight our next savior ( i see you were exposed to the Dom factor) let him show what he can do in the pro's and specially stay healthy or the excuses will flood HFB.

As for Marchand he already proved he can deliver EVERYWHERE HE PLAYED.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:38 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
One can only speculate on what might have happened if Pacioretty had been available in the 2010 playoffs' closely contested first round.
If anything, he probably wouldn't have been a liability. Maybe, many not a positive, but not a liability.

Point is, we dont know what is Patch's character in NHL playoffs. Amazing players proved to be useless in them, and plugs suddenly become star players. Is he a choker or a clutcher? No idea.

I think we can all accept the idea that Marchand is a clutcher. He is always a threat in a playoff game. Want it or not, that is worth mucho $$$.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:00 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner st View Post
Well before we declare Jared Knight our next savior ( i see you were exposed to the Dom factor) let him show what he can do in the pro's and specially stay healthy or the excuses will flood HFB.

As for Marchand he already proved he can deliver EVERYWHERE HE PLAYED.
See his time in Halifax, Marchand was/is clutch often in his career, to say he delivered "EVERYWHERE" isn`t true I`m afraid, hands down, the most entitled, selfish player I`ve had to digest in my 7 years as a Mooseheads season tix holder, he`s matured, but still needs to do more of it IMO.

Please feel free where I stated without question Knight is the 'saviour', pretty sure I used the word "could"

Dom is a regular/respected and well informed poster here whom has watched Knight play more than, I suspect most here, and while I often use first hand sources here to keep me informed, both they, and I are quick to point out, that NO prospect is a guarantee but you feel free to pinpoint me as someone who strictly piggybacks on the opinion of others.

I have read accounts from more than a few GM`s when speaking about Knight referring him to as a kid who any NHL team would welcome into their organization as a guy who busts his arse each shift, is coachable, has some offensive touch, and will never have coaches/gm`s/fans feel cheated with his play, how that translates once his pro career begins who knows, but to discount his potential also isn`t wise.

Again, IF Knight has a solid year, whether that`s in Providence or not, it opens the doors of options for Chia as any prospects play does when they convince Mngt/Coaches they are ready

Again, feel free to find the quote where I intimated he was a saviour, I know you included various 'emotions' but not sure your statement is true that fans here believe a prospect in the system is a saviour.............although I do think Spoons has a 'chance' to be one heck of a PP guy

By the posts I have read for some time now re: Knight, the overwhelming majority here have expressed a ton of excitement with the prospect of watching Knight/Spooner/Koko/Dougie, haven`t read one fan proclaim ANY of them to be saviours

Last edited by ODAAT: 08-16-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old
08-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Rask- 4.5-5.0
Lucic- 5.5-5.8
Seguin- 5.5-5.8
Marchand- 4.0-4.2

In that range for those four players. Not going to predict Horton, a lot of uncertainty about him at this point with his injuries.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote