HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Zach Parise

Old
04-27-2006, 07:29 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Zach Parise

What's the long term view on him? He looked pretty good since moved up with Gomez and Gionta but is his game picked up because of his linemates? Where do you look at him as a player in years 3-5 when he starts to get it. I was miffed when the Bruins passed on him although I hardly saw him play. Being in my 40's I remember his father very well.

Also, what do you think the odds of Elias reupping and I was trying to follow the Devils lines and I was having a hard time determining who the heck centers the second line

Parise-Gomez-Gionta
Langenbrunner-????-Elias
Marshall-Madden-Pandolfo

is it Brylin????

thanks for any help and comments

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Randal Graves
HFBoards Minecraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
What's the long term view on him? He looked pretty good since moved up with Gomez and Gionta but is his game picked up because of his linemates? Where do you look at him as a player in years 3-5 when he starts to get it. I was miffed when the Bruins passed on him although I hardly saw him play. Being in my 40's I remember his father very well.

Also, what do you think the odds of Elias reupping and I was trying to follow the Devils lines and I was having a hard time determining who the heck centers the second line

Parise-Gomez-Gionta
Langenbrunner-????-Elias
Marshall-Madden-Pandolfo

is it Brylin????

thanks for any help and comments
Hes a natural center I believe.. buts theres alot of those in the pipeline. I think the long term plan would be (if gomez is still around) to be the 2nd line's playmaker. Zach should be looked at for assists more than goals, but if he becomes a scorer, then I won't mind that much

Lines are:

Parise Gomez Gionta
Elias Brylin Langenbrunner
Pandolfo Madden Marshall
Weimer Rasmussen Janssen

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Unthinkable

Tough to figure out where Zach Parise will fit in in 3-5 years when you figure Scott Gomez could be gone, Travis Zajac projects to be a big time game-breaker in Parise's spot, Bergfors and Vrana could be full-time contributors on the top lines, and Lou could always make yet another play to bring back Bobby Holik. Players are going to have to play out of position for everyone to get top icetime if things go as expected with regards to the developments from our top forward prospects. Have to figure Aleksander Suglobov became more and more expendable by the day with the promising rookie seasons guys like Bergfors had on a pretty rotten Albany team. Hopefully Parise takes his game to the next level in a similar way Bergeron and Boyes have. I was constantly wondering out loud over on njdevs.com why Mike Sullivan would not for the life of him give Brad Boyes more ice time at the beginning of the Bruins season when he looked like he was all set to break out if he could just get more chances and far more talented linemates.

I'd be really surprised if Elias didn't re-up with NJ. He made it pretty clear in the local papers that he was really blown away by how professional Lou handled things when he was dealing with hepatitus. In my mind, Patrik Elias essentially removed any remote doubt that he'd come back to the Devils, with some choice quotes he had regarding how indebted he felt to Lou for extending to him the kind of respect and understanding even he wasn't sure he deserved. Aside from this though, he's a top candidate for captain of this team next season and has shown no desires to leave for greener pastures elsewhere. Patrik Elias could be a Devil for life much like Ken Daneyko and Martin Brodeur barring any crazy unforseen circumstances imo. Hope thats the case anyways.

Last edited by Unthinkable: 04-27-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Unthinkable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2006, 04:36 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
thanks for the info

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Al Trautwig
Throaty Roar

Losing Elias would suck.

Us devil fans have alot of doom and gloom over most of our players leaving in F/A.

Lou made a very systematic decision showing Patty that kind of compassion and money for a guy who might not have played this year, I have few worries that Patty doesn't stay and have that "C" stitched onto his jersey.

and Gomez/Gio i really dont have any worries about them leaving anyway. Gomer is a devil through and through, Gionta's brother being in the pipeline gives the devils a little leverage.

I think Stevens layed the framework that being part of this club is special especially the guys drafted by NJ. Gomez, Gionta and Elias are Devils and i hope that continues.

One more thing, Brodeur taking a hometeam discount to finish out his career as a devils has got to show those 3 something.

"This is best goalie in the league who defintely could be the highest paid player in the game and he stays for the good of the organization." (Brodeur still makes a **** load of dough, but thats not the point.)

Also they have to see how well Lou treats players after they are done.

Kenny Daneyko is the Devils ambassador, Johnny Mac is possibly the next coach. Lou said that Scotty can have a job in the organization,

The devils defintely do it right.

Al Trautwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Lateralous
New Jersey Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHockeyLately
Losing Elias would suck.

Us devil fans have alot of doom and gloom over most of our players leaving in F/A.

Lou made a very systematic decision showing Patty that kind of compassion and money for a guy who might not have played this year, I have few worries that Patty doesn't stay and have that "C" stitched onto his jersey.

and Gomez/Gio i really dont have any worries about them leaving anyway. Gomer is a devil through and through, Gionta's brother being in the pipeline gives the devils a little leverage.

I think Stevens layed the framework that being part of this club is special especially the guys drafted by NJ. Gomez, Gionta and Elias are Devils and i hope that continues.

One more thing, Brodeur taking a hometeam discount to finish out his career as a devils has got to show those 3 something.

"This is best goalie in the league who defintely could be the highest paid player in the game and he stays for the good of the organization." (Brodeur still makes a **** load of dough, but thats not the point.)

Also they have to see how well Lou treats players after they are done.

Kenny Daneyko is the Devils ambassador, Johnny Mac is possibly the next coach. Lou said that Scotty can have a job in the organization,

The devils defintely do it right.
IMO, Gomez is a good candidate to leave when he hits UFA. I believe his father even had a quote about how they wanted to test the free agent market next year.

Lateralous is offline   Reply With Quote