HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kadri To Penguins

Old
08-16-2012, 06:31 AM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
There's 1 big problem with trading Kadri to Pittsburgh... the Penguins aren't going to give us a player that we really need.

If the Leafs are going to trade Kadri (which they should, he's not going to pan out here), it's gotta be to fill one of the 2 big holes in our lineup (center or goaltender). The reason is simple -- he is our most valuable expendable youth piece. Trading him would only leave us with lesser pieces to get the job done for more substantial players.

Barring the ability to trade him in a package for one of our key needs, the best thing the Leafs could do is try to hit the reset button and get some time. Get a younger equivalent level prospect or a 1st round pick from a bad team. Problem is -- younger equivalent level prospects generally haven't fallen out of favour with their teams yet, and bad teams generally aren't prepared to part with 1st rounders at this point in time.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Shrimper
WinItFor#58

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Morrow/Despres+Harrington for Kadri+Leivo.
Huge Over-payment by Pittsburgh.

We don't need Kadri anyway. He's yet to prove his worth and I'd rather see us stick with Tangradi and give the likes of Bennett a chance before thinking about making a move on him.

If we were to make a move on a winger for Crosby, it's going to be someone at the top of the market or someone whose a good top 6 player who can draw people away from Crosby.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 06:35 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
I'd be more interested from Leafs fans on what it would realistically cost to get:

one of either MacArthur or Kulemin
possibly Biggs

When I say realistically, I'm not talking about give up the world for Kaberle proposals

I think Tangradi would be a great fit in Toronto for starters. Burke originally drafted him. He's never going to get a shot while Bylsma's the coach since he treats young players breaking in like Hitchcock did in CBJ. If JvR sticks at center, Tangradi could definitely be an interesting winger on that line. I'd hate to trade him but Bylsma will always have the likes of Craig Adams and other players who played like himself ahead of him and other young guys breaking in on the depth chart.
Kulemin? Unrealistic.

MacArthur? Leafs would be looking for Orpik. Michalek wouldn't have been a bad deal either.

Tangradi really is of limited value to Toronto -- he just doesn't fit in the glut of 2nd/3rd line players that the Leafs have. JvR isn't a centre, and even if he finds himself there, that simply means that one more of Bozak/Connolly/McClement finds their way to the wing.

Of course, if the Leafs can make a trade for the #1 centre or #1 goalie that results in losing a substantial amount of depth, Tangradi obviously begins to hold more value, but you have to consider, the guy was drafted in 07 and still playing in the AHL. What at this point differentiates him from Carter Ashton beyond a couple of years of age/experience/burned development time.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 06:55 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
If the Leafs are going to trade Kadri (which they should, he's not going to pan out here), it's gotta be to fill one of the 2 big holes in our lineup (center or goaltender).
Kennedy has played center. how about Kennedy and Patrick Killeen for Kadri?

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 07:38 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
sorry but that's way too much

I like Kadri and don't mind taking a chance a him but not for that hefty price. I'd be willing to deal Harrington + a pick, but not Morrow or Despres. Harrington has developed incredibly well over the last 2 years. Really like his game, nothing flashy but never out of position

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
I'd be more interested from Leafs fans on what it would realistically cost to get:

one of either MacArthur or Kulemin
possibly Biggs

When I say realistically, I'm not talking about give up the world for Kaberle proposals

I think Tangradi would be a great fit in Toronto for starters. Burke originally drafted him. He's never going to get a shot while Bylsma's the coach since he treats young players breaking in like Hitchcock did in CBJ. If JvR sticks at center, Tangradi could definitely be an interesting winger on that line. I'd hate to trade him but Bylsma will always have the likes of Craig Adams and other players who played like himself ahead of him and other young guys breaking in on the depth chart.
I could see Burke moving MacArthur, but not moving Kulemin, he signed him to a great deal

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 07:45 AM
tony d
The man

To Pittsburgh: Kadri
To Toronto: Bennett and a 2nd round pick in 2013

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
tony d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:04 AM
TOGuy14

Leafs have no reason to deal Kadri.

We won't get back a better prospect and we won't be able to satisfy any needs by making that deal (#1C / #1G) so why would we move him?

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:36 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
In my own opinion I feel as if Kadri could flourish on Crosby's wing if we could convert him to wing.

What would it take to get him?
A Leaf fan on these boards within the last month or so told me that Kadri had top 5 in the league skill, maybe it was top 3 even. I just wanted yo to know what a few Leaf fans think of Kadri.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:37 AM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
You lost all credibility in my books when you called Mike Gillis the best GM in the NHL.
You're saying he had credibility in the first place

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:40 AM
superrich

The Leafs have enough higher end D prospects and wingers. They could use a player like Orpik, but not at the price of Kadri. Plus, Pittsburgh needs to keep Orpik. The only players that Kadri could be traded for would be the ones Pittsburgh would consider untouchable. The Leafs need talent, not depth.

superrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Liferleafer
Feed the Chicken!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Haha, I'm an Isles fan and have had 'patience' stuffed down my throat for quite some time now. That's probably the best thing with Kadri though IMO. I don't get why so many are so quick to unload him. I don't know about best post, more like most uninformed.
I always think about the Spezza situation when i think of Kadri. Ottawa kept sending him down saying work on this or work on that. He kept coming back improved and they'd send him down again. I honestly thought he was going to request a trade during that time. The Kadri situation feels very similar, i can only hope the results are even close to the same.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:54 AM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Pittsburgh:Nazem Kadri

To Toronto:Tangradi
3rd 2013
Done from Pittsburgh

Quote:
No to giving up Morrow for anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasses91 View Post
for my favourite player?

I would first have to see harrington!
I would do it from both sides. Pitts needs a goal scoring winger, Toronto needs a shutdown d.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
To Toronto:
Brandon Sutter

To Pittsburgh:
Kadri
3rd or 4th round pick
We need Sutter in the 3C. We have no one else even close to having a chance to filling that role. And its not fair value.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Masked Superstar

Toronto has never had a development program. It is either sink or swim - and yes generally sink. Why would we trade Kadri before we have seen what a mature or at least a full grown player can do. He was a great junior player and now the Leafs job is to make him NHL ready. If they cannot develop players the Leafs are done.

Masked Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:13 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg View Post
No, just wanted to prove a point that Kadri will be a fail.
& you failed miserably.

Were you dumb enough to pronounce Mike Richards a bust after his rookie season too?

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Great Play Orpik!

Pens ought to keep Harrington, Morrow, Despres etc., and the Leafs ought to keep Kadri.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Liferleafer
Feed the Chicken!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
& you failed miserably.

Were you dumb enough to pronounce Mike Richards a bust after his rookie season too?
You've gotta cut him some slack Gordie, if he is an Avs fan, he's had to deal with Staz proposal overload!! So anything Leafs related is going to spark negative reactions.

Old
08-16-2012, 09:20 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
You've gotta cut him some slack Gordie, if he is an Avs fan, he's had to deal with Staz proposal overload!! So anything Leafs related is going to spark negative reactions.
I didn't know gut feeling about things people don't know much about were so valuable!

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Flat Stanley

There has been numerous "____ to Penguins" threads, if Shero acquires a top 6 winger at some point, It will probably be for one that hasn't been in any of these proposals .

Flat Stanley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Liferleafer
Feed the Chicken!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
I didn't know gut feeling about things people don't know much about were so valuable!
This is HF man....everyone knows more about Leaf players/prospects than the fans who actually watch the team for 82 games a year.

Old
08-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Shrimper
WinItFor#58

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Leafs have no reason to deal Kadri.

We won't get back a better prospect and we won't be able to satisfy any needs by making that deal (#1C / #1G) so why would we move him?
Getting one of Despres or Morrow back isn't a better prospect?

But in conclusion, we're not interested in Kadri.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:54 AM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I liked how in the recent Challenge Series, Harrington was playing, and played every game I think, but you don't even notice him out there. He is not an offensive guy, but he takes great care of his own end. I wish the leafs would be able to get him, could possibly be a great pairing down the road with Rielly or Gardiner.
Yea, Toronto fans just love defense-first prospects.

He'll be a bust the second someone scores a goal against us.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:55 AM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Getting one of Despres or Morrow back isn't a better prospect?

But in conclusion, we're not interested in Kadri.
No, it isn't. Not even close.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:56 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Can't see Pittsburgh giving up what Toronto would want for Kadri at this point, therefore there's no deal to be had.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:32 AM
candyman82

I don't see why the Leafs would part with Kadri, he is only 21 and still has room to grow.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote