HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LMHF Game Report #14

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 07:29 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
LMHF Game Report #14

Da duh da duh.....I think we've sunk to a brand new low.........

There are certain stages in a team's season, stages where they play like they can play and know it, and stages like this one, where everyone has decided that the team stinks and can't do a thing. I sat very low tonight and there is nothing but frustration on the players' faces. Not so much determination, but the feeling that they're 'owed' a goal......If they keep that attitude up, they're not gonna score for a while, especially with MAF lurking......

Once again, a game full of junk shots, no players getting open in the offensive zone, a stand-still PP, and ONE SHOT, yes, ONE, and yes, even they were junk shots, on both a 5-on-3 and a 6-on-4 at the end of the game with a huge one on the line. There is nothing there right now. QUALITY, generate QUALITY scoring chances. And how can you not when you're up two guys???? gawd.........

The time at which lines were played in this game was a complete and total example of the lack of coaching, as was the obvious SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT mentality, that these players appear to have scared into them.

The players are not without fault obviously. There was very meager effort tonight and ZERO execution. Their offensive reads are getting worse instead of better. Hope you all are enjoying the Oilers playing conservative defensive hockey.......I don't need to say it but I will, I told you this would happen, the Oilers DO NOT win games 2-1, because they won't score the 2 goals if they play the style that is intended to win 2-1.

Poor Ty...he played exceptional tonight, and was hung out to dry.....

Player Report time (HINT: plenty of mediocrity)

Back of the bus-

Horcoff- seriously, as soon as this guy finds the press box on a regular or another city, I'll be happy. Just ugly.

Ryan Smyth- First time I've ever said this, and I know he's out of position and all that, but he's supposed to be a leader out there, and he isn't leading by example or by experience. Not to mention he's losing every battle on the boards, making horrid puck decisions, and not getting himself into the fray in front of the net. Get it together Smytty!

Neutral-

Bergeron played a pretty decent game, but just couldn't find the mark, Smith was okay, but made some decisions that weren't exactly smart at the blue-line with relation to keeping the puck in, Staios was a little shaky holding the opposition blueline, Ferguson did zero. Cory Cross actually played fairly well I thought, but still gets the not much grade tonight. Semenov was okay.

Fernando did nothing and wasn't strong on the puck at all.

Moreau had some heart and some grit, but Ethan, I can see the frustration and non-confidence. Stop crushing your stick and bury the biscuit already.

Oates I almost gave a sub-par grade to tonight, I think he should have played better given his opportunities, and that gimme goal he flat-out BLEW by shooting it into Fernandez was disgusting. A veteran with as many points as him cannot miss that chance, he simply can't.
(MC buries that one, that's his goal, that's alot of what we're missin)

Chimera was pretty much neutral, despite alot of hard work.

Hemsky tried to pull his line along tonight, but couldn't quite lug them to a goal. Strong puck control and smooth skating, but no results lead to a weaker grade than otherwise.

Laraque, once again, invisible. Has he turned into Mike "I don't hit anymore or do anything for that matter" Grier from his late days as an Oiler??

York is not playing well at all. He's being lazy on the puck, and making terrible offensive reads.

Torres did not much, and it's kind of alarming how he's been pretty invisible for a bit now, this is supposed to be the kind of guy that doesn't allow his teammates to get like this, or at least helps them stay away from it.

Radek played fairly well, but again, no results and some HORRIBLE shot decisions.

Stoll...nothin.

The Bright Spot

Ty was quite solid again, and did everything he could to hold his team in there. I'm convinced he's starter material by the end of the year. Had no chance whatsoever on Gabby's goal. That was such a nice tip.

------------------------------

Well well well, we BLOW another 2 points, we BLOW numerous chances to score, we BLOW our once-promising spot in the West, we BLOW easy games against bad hockey teams we BLOW......we flat-out BLOW.

I pity anyone who paid $10 to see this game on PPV tonight, what a sham putting that kinda team on PPV.

Got to watch the stinker tonight from up-close, and trust me, it wasn't any prettier.

LMHF#1 is disgusted.........and he's out.

Last edited by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1: 12-03-2003 at 07:33 PM.
Old
12-03-2003, 07:52 PM
The Rage

I've never been a Mac-T basher, but I'm going to jump on the band wagon. I can't name one good thing that Mac-T has done this year. Even when the Oilers were having success, they were playing poor defensively and poor on special teams. The sign of a good coach is success in those two areas. I don't thing Mac-T is stupid. Two years he led the Oilers to the second best goals against in the league, and he did so without using the trap. That is an incredible accomplishment. However, Mac-T is simply in the wrong situation. Having a former defensive forward coach a non-trapping, offensive minded team is absurd. Maybe it's time to give Craig Simpson a chance. As Simpson was an offensive player, he may be better suited to the job. However, Simpson has not helped the powerplay as promised, so maybe he's not the best choice. I'm not sure who is, but it's not Mac-T.

Old
12-03-2003, 08:09 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

I totally agree, we need a coaching staff overhaul. we don't have any sort of system right now, when we are winning, our system is called "oilers hockey", when we are losing, it's called "bad". he's not getting the best out of his players and there are too many things wrong with their game to blame it on the players. our pp stinks, our pk stinks, our defense stinks, our offense stinks, our key players stink, our role players stink, our go-to go guys stink, our cycle stinks, our fundamentals arent there, we arent hitting, we arent fighting, we are losing to teams we shouldnt be losing to. i think that when there are so many blaring holes in their game, it is the system thats not working, and just overall, they arent making things happen.

Closed Thread