HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Canada Russia challenge who will be watching (Hudon representing Canada)

Old
08-16-2012, 01:10 AM
VL55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
e played 4 games on agoteam lets see what he does on a team not quit so good is what I am saying yes it was great he played well but lets not put hm on a pedastal like is happening.
Sure, he was playing on a great team. Against another great team. Bottom line, he was playing better than some 1st rounder, both on his team and on the other team.

It doesn't even make him a lock to make the team one day, but then less than 5% of 5th rounder ever do so the fact that he is holding his own with lots of player projected to make the NHL is indeed exciting. It's a freebie. It's like finding a 50$ on the ground. Your budget most assuredly did not rely on finding free money, but it's damn nice all the same.

VL55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 04:09 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Seriously, you could take the fun out of an orgasm.
Too much,too early!

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 05:08 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL55 View Post
Sure, he was playing on a great team. Against another great team. Bottom line, he was playing better than some 1st rounder, both on his team and on the other team.

It doesn't even make him a lock to make the team one day, but then less than 5% of 5th rounder ever do so the fact that he is holding his own with lots of player projected to make the NHL is indeed exciting. It's a freebie. It's like finding a 50$ on the ground. Your budget most assuredly did not rely on finding free money, but it's damn nice all the same.
Plus he was relatively young to be playing forward for that squad. Youngest drafted forward I believe.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:49 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Let me help you understand something: people here are excited because a *fifth rounder* is doing great in a tournament filled with very good players.

So, here's the deal: 5th rounder plays like ****: nobody cares. He's a fifth rounder. Meh.

5th rounder shows great talent and potential: very good reason to be excited. It's unexpected, and it's good signs of more to come.

Sure, it's only 4 games. But frankly, nobody here made any off base comments, I don't think. Plus, he has had a very good junior "career" so far. It's not like he came out of nowhere.

It sounds like you're just trying to go againt the flow for the heck of it. If you actually had some kind of substance to your argument (pointing out flaws in his game, for instance), many here would probably be more open to have an actual discussion with you. Try that instead of repeating "it's just four games".

Also, aren't you the poster who was pretty vehement regarding Tinordi? You didn't seem to mind shooting him down way ahead of time, why the double standard?
I still do not like Tinordi to be frank with you.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:21 AM
ChoseLa

Dryden c't'un casseux d'party.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Bullsmith

Hudon's a high-reward pick. If he makes to the NHL, it will almost certainly be as a top-six player who puts up decent point totals. I was very impressed with him in the two games I saw. He showed a nose for the net, real patience when given time and space, and a very good sense of how to keep positioning and re-positioning himself in useful places as they opened up. He's still a longshot, I mean there's a reason he was available in the fifth round, but he's one I'm going to really enjoy rooting for.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Hudon's a high-reward pick. If he makes to the NHL, it will almost certainly be as a top-six player who puts up decent point totals. I was very impressed with him in the two games I saw. He showed a nose for the net, real patience when given time and space, and a very good sense of how to keep positioning and re-positioning himself in useful places as they opened up. He's still a longshot, I mean there's a reason he was available in the fifth round, but he's one I'm going to really enjoy rooting for.
For the same reason Gallagher got drafted in the 5th round or Desharnais never got drafted, it is all about their height, or rather their lack of it.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
For the same reason Gallagher got drafted in the 5th round or Desharnais never got drafted, it is all about their height, or rather their lack of it.
Yes, and it's a real handicap in a contact league playing a game where reach is an enormous factor. Also there's a lot of simple bias toward big bodies. The guys who overcome it need to be special. Ain't no 5'8" Rene Borques in the NHL that I can think of. But there's a ton of 6'2" guys who don't show half the effort and desire to improve those two guys have shown.

Hopefully Hudon has the desire and the discipline to make it.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Asamu

Hi guys, I didn't want to create a thread about it but...

I found an interesting article about Charles Hudon from the Gazette written by Mike Boone: HERE

Enjoy!

Asamu is offline   Reply With Quote