HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kadri To Penguins

Old
08-16-2012, 10:36 AM
The Saurus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Getting one of Despres or Morrow back isn't a better prospect?

But in conclusion, we're not interested in Kadri.
I bet you see a lot of Simon Despres, Joe Morrow, or even Nazem Kadri over there in the UK; atleast enough to form an education opinion and what makes them better prospects than Nazem Kadri, eh?

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Pens1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
I bet you see a lot of Simon Despres, Joe Morrow, or even Nazem Kadri over there in the UK; atleast enough to form an education opinion and what makes them better prospects than Nazem Kadri, eh?
Wonderful things called "internet" and "satellite tv", eh?

Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:48 AM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
Wonderful things called "internet" and "satellite tv", eh?
I'm sure they get a ******** of AHL / Canadian minor hockey on satellite over there in England, and I bet he's up until four or five in the morning watching them all as well. They're an absolute hockey hotbed.

Just someone else talking out of their behind without a foot in reality.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
So, because I live in the UK does that mean any opinion I have on a player is worthless? It's nice to know there's some ignorance still left in the world.

I suppose that going by your logic because Toronto seem to consistently fail to get into the play-offs that you're educated opinion on anything play-offs is is wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus:
I'm sure they get a ******** of AHL / Canadian minor hockey on satellite over there in England, and I bet he's up until four or five in the morning watching them all as well. They're an absolute hockey hotbed.

I'll have you know I watch most Penguins games (except the West Coast ones) on NHL.com. They have this amazing feature called Gamecenter Live where you can watch games. Live. So yes, I do stay up till three in the morning most nights.

Tell me out of interest, do you go to many Toronto games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker
No, it isn't. Not even close.
After the market that we just had for D men in the free agency period which, let's be frank, was terrible apart from one or two big names. It's raised the value of top D players and top rated prospects every where. It's just a moving trend which no doubt will change in coming years.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:06 AM
wej20

Quote:

It's actually pretty easy to watch AHL games in the UK if you subscribe to the right channels.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:11 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
I'll have you know I watch most Penguins games (except the West Coast ones) on NHL.com. They have this amazing feature called Gamecenter Live where you can watch games. Live. So yes, I do stay up till three in the morning most nights.

Tell me out of interest, do you go to many Toronto games?
Gamecenter doesn't broadcast AHL games, I think he was asking how much you have seen Kadri play, not the Penguins.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Bowie
Rusholme Ruffians

vCash: 2233
A 5th would probably get it done, although I guess it may be an over payment for a 21 year old who has yet to play a full season. Absurd right?

Kadri+3rd for Pittsburgh's 5th

Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Gamecenter doesn't broadcast AHL games, I think he was asking how much you have seen Kadri play, not the Penguins.
He was talking about the likes of Despres as well whose played on the Penguins a fair few times.

But the AHL is similar. There's websites that accommodate it.

Old
08-16-2012, 11:19 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
He was talking about the likes of Despres as well whose played on the Penguins a fair few times.

But the AHL is similar. There's websites that accommodate it.
There actually isn't much at all for AHL games other then paying for it like you would for Gamecenter. It's a lot more expensive, around three times more the amount of money it costs for Gamecenter the last time I checked.

Old
08-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
There actually isn't much at all for AHL games other then paying for it like you would for Gamecenter. It's a lot more expensive, around three times more the amount of money it costs for Gamecenter the last time I checked.
There's people out there that stream it and certain websites. It's harder to find but it's accessible.

Old
08-16-2012, 11:39 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
There's people out there that stream it and certain websites. It's harder to find but it's accessible.
I know, I use those websites (like many other Leafs fans do who enjoy watching our prospects playing with the Marlies) but they don't re-broadcast the majority of AHL games with regularity unless it's the deeper playoff rounds.

Old
08-16-2012, 11:40 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

So when did this thread become a 'how to watch hockey in the UK' thread?

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Hey...let them go, it's more cival than the "Kadri is gonna bust" posts.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:44 AM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

vCash: 566
Leafs aren't trading Kadri, he is poised to break out this year.

As for the guy who inquired about Biggs, Kulemin, and MacArthur.

Biggs and Kulemin are off the table, and Pens dont really have anything that they are willing to deal that Leafs would want.

MacArthur for a late 2013 1st?

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:47 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Hey...let them go, it's more cival than the "Kadri is gonna bust" posts.
Haha, I know. Just being a wise guy.

Oh yeah, Kadri is gonna be a bust.

I hope the kid is put in a position to succeed. I've always liked him myself, except when people considered him to have more upside than my boy Johnny T.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:50 AM
wej20

I don't see the point in the Pens trying to acquire Kadri or Biggs, they need someone who can definitely play top 6 this year otherwise they're better off waiting to see how Bennett and Kuhnhackl develop rather than going after other teams prospects.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:51 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I'm not sure, but it needs to end before I start issuing infractions and/or thread bans.

Talk about the posts, not the posters.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Haha, I know. Just being a wise guy.

Oh yeah, Kadri is gonna be a bust.

I hope the kid is put in a position to succeed. I've always liked him myself, except when people considered him to have more upside than my boy Johnny T.
I live 20 minutes from London Ontario. I have watched many Knights games and i can tell you this, both Tavares and Kadri were offensive beasts there. That being said, i'll take Tavares hands down.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:10 PM
bikesbikesbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
Holy crap, there's actually someone who has interest in Kadri instead of slandering as some bust who won't amount to anything in the NHL.
I heard the same crap about Hodgson last year, right before he put up 40 points in his rookie season. Kadri has the skills, and he should be given every opportunity this year.

bikesbikesbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Stu

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
There's 1 big problem with trading Kadri to Pittsburgh... the Penguins aren't going to give us a player that we really need.

If the Leafs are going to trade Kadri (which they should, he's not going to pan out here), it's gotta be to fill one of the 2 big holes in our lineup (center or goaltender). The reason is simple -- he is our most valuable expendable youth piece. Trading him would only leave us with lesser pieces to get the job done for more substantial players.

Barring the ability to trade him in a package for one of our key needs, the best thing the Leafs could do is try to hit the reset button and get some time. Get a younger equivalent level prospect or a 1st round pick from a bad team. Problem is -- younger equivalent level prospects generally haven't fallen out of favour with their teams yet, and bad teams generally aren't prepared to part with 1st rounders at this point in time.
explain? Why would a highly skilled prospect not work for us? don't get this negative attitude towards him. and I don't want to hear this "macA is great for the 2nd line because he scored 20 goals in 3 seasons" or anything like that (not putting words in your mouth, but that seems to be the lineups projected by many for next season) and I'd much rather have a highly skilled guy with decent size who can be physical on our 2nd line.

Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesbikesbikes View Post
I heard the same crap about Hodgson last year, right before he put up 40 points in his rookie season. Kadri has the skills, and he should be given every opportunity this year.
This.

Hodgson went from being a huge bust, to being "the Canucks future Captain" in one season.

I think Hodgson and Kadri are comparable prospects with Kadri being a bit harder to play against.

Before they knew Hodgson was traded (just that Kassian was a Canuck) Canucks fans were drooling over Hodgson centering Kassian.

If Kadri came back in a Luongo trade, would it be that much differwnt than having Hodgson as our 3rd line center?

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
Leafs aren't trading Kadri, he is poised to break out this year.

As for the guy who inquired about Biggs, Kulemin, and MacArthur.

Biggs and Kulemin are off the table, and Pens dont really have anything that they are willing to deal that Leafs would want.

MacArthur for a late 2013 1st?
I'd be up for it, Let's get a Pens opinion and go from there

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
I wouldn't trade either of them for Kadri, as Kadri's biggest problem, strength, is far from an issue with Despres and Morrow.

I understand how much Leaf fans have emotionally invested in Kadri, but he simply needs to get stronger. The talent is there, but I watched him get pushed around on the boards way too easily last season. Even on the Calder run, strength was his biggest problem.

Before he got hurt agt the Barons, he was second on the Marlies in playoff scoring, but he wasn't dominating the boards like you want to see from a young kid of his pedigree.

I think even the most optimistic Kardi fanboy has to be worried about his strength right now. Hopefully he hit the gym hard this Summer, because if you are being pushed off the puck in the A, it isn't a good sign.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 01:25 PM
AK1990

How about this You can have Kessel to play with Crosby. I'll even through in Kadri. But for Malkin.

Thanks

AK1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I wouldn't trade either of them for Kadri, as Kadri's biggest problem, strength, is far from an issue with Despres and Morrow.

I understand how much Leaf fans have emotionally invested in Kadri, but he simply needs to get stronger. The talent is there, but I watched him get pushed around on the boards way too easily last season. Even on the Calder run, strength was his biggest problem.

Before he got hurt agt the Barons, he was second on the Marlies in playoff scoring, but he wasn't dominating the boards like you want to see from a young kid of his pedigree.

I think even the most optimistic Kardi fanboy has to be worried about his strength right now. Hopefully he hit the gym hard this Summer, because if you are being pushed off the puck in the A, it isn't a good sign.
Yes he has been training in the Summer. With Gary Roberts. nuff said. So yes, you just wasted your time writing that.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote