HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Softest NHL Team

Old
08-12-2012, 12:46 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Detroit is probably the softest team in the nhl even though they picked up Jordin Tootoo, Tampa bay is pretty soft also but they picked up B.J Crombeen.
Have to finally say I disagree with Detroit. Fighting wise they arent great but theyre definitely tougher than Carolina and Dallas. But this thread isnt talking about softest fighting team, with all physicality considered, Detroit may have the hardest hitting blue liner in the league, Smith is a huge hitter and they got rid of their softest player in Hudler this year.

I can finally say without a doubt Detroit is not the softest team in the league.

My votes on Dallas or Carolina but teams like Nashville (Mcgratton in the lineup for every other game isnt enough for me), the flames and the yotes are all actually fairly soft compared to their usual reputation while teams like the Habs, Detroit and Sabres have toughened up a fair amount

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Feels good to see a thread about softest team and not see your team (habs) mentioned for the first time in the past little while.

****, even when our defense alone consisted of Komisarek, Souray, Rivet, Bouillon, (Markov) and some random other dman we were still called soft...

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:20 PM
ThePuckBaron
Avalado Coloranch

Philly

ThePuckBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle Up.

The Leafs aren't exactly brimming with toughness anymore.

Uncle Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 09:41 PM
FifthLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Eugene View Post
The Leafs aren't exactly brimming with toughness anymore.
Its true Really we only have Brown, maybe Orr, Phaneuf, and Komisarek..

FifthLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by YunelYESco View Post
Its true Really we only have Brown, maybe Orr, Phaneuf, and Komisarek..
Phaneuf you don't want fighting and Komisarek has really cooled it down on the fighting.

Orr will probably be in the minors, though I imagine the leafs will sign Rosehill.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:01 PM
ninetynine*

Carolina, Detroit, Dallas, and Tampa.

Of those the softest is Dallas, Eric Nystrom is their only fighter...
Carolina's probably next with Gleason.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:02 PM
ninetynine*

Actually, if Orr's back they're tougher than your team! You have Neil still at least, but Orr and everyone else they've got is definitely tougher after the toughness you've lost and failed to replace this off-season.

Old
08-13-2012, 10:03 PM
ninetynine*

was talking to Uncle Eugene.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Fire Sweeney

Tampa, without a doubt.

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:25 AM
drmagg
Don't

Tampa, Detroit, New York R. in that order

drmagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Global Moderator
Kitimat Canuck

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
When he loses it's usually against a middle/heavyweight and it's always close. A true punching bag would be someone who almost always loses and picks his spots
Volpatti is actually a pretty good scrapper. Weise is the punching bag - I don't think he won a single fight last season, which is made even more alarming by the fact that he is a bit of a spot picker.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:05 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmagg View Post
Tampa, Detroit, New York R. in that order
You're joking right?

Not enough people are mentioning Dallas, they're worse than Tampa, at least Tampa has Crombeen.

Old
08-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Have to finally say I disagree with Detroit. Fighting wise they arent great but theyre definitely tougher than Carolina and Dallas. But this thread isnt talking about softest fighting team, with all physicality considered, Detroit may have the hardest hitting blue liner in the league, Smith is a huge hitter and they got rid of their softest player in Hudler this year.

I can finally say without a doubt Detroit is not the softest team in the league.

My votes on Dallas or Carolina but teams like Nashville (Mcgratton in the lineup for every other game isnt enough for me), the flames and the yotes are all actually fairly soft compared to their usual reputation while teams like the Habs, Detroit and Sabres have toughened up a fair amount
I'm proud to say Detroit is no longer the softest. With Smith up full-time and the acquisition of Tootoo, we'll have some snarl in our lineup.

Dallas has guys like Benn, Nystrom, Morrow, and Fistric who throw their weight around. They aren't real tough, but I don't think they're the softest.

Outside of Brian McGrattan, Nashville is pretty soft.

I still think Carolina is the softest.

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 06:33 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
I'm proud to say Detroit is no longer the softest. With Smith up full-time and the acquisition of Tootoo, we'll have some snarl in our lineup.

Dallas has guys like Benn, Nystrom, Morrow, and Fistric who throw their weight around. They aren't real tough, but I don't think they're the softest.

Too bad Dallas released Eric Godard. I feel sorry for him he was a great enforcer, but he was starting to lose his fighting skills once he was on the Texas stars.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Too bad Dallas released Eric Godard. I feel sorry for him he was a great enforcer, but he was starting to lose his fighting skills once he was on the Texas stars.
He's still a UFA. I hope he gets a tryout invite before the season starts. He's slow and beginning to age (He'll be 33 in March), but a team that needs an enforcer should give him a shot. A team like Carolina can have him play ~30 games, and sit him the rest of the year. I'm sure he'll be happy with that, considering he played all of last year in the AHL.

Old
08-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool16 View Post
I don't know that Edmonton has much in terms of hard-hitting guys who will drop gloves. I think they've got a couple who are borderline NHLers that may not play full seasons or barely play more than 5-6 minutes (Peckham, Eager) but their top-6... even top 9 PLUS their defense doesn't contain much sandpaper.
As an Oil fan, I don't think we're the worst in the league for team toughness, but we're definitely bottom 5.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
As an Oil fan, I don't think we're the worst in the league for team toughness, but we're definitely bottom 5.
It doesn't look too promising for Peckham right now. How many games do you think he'll play in? Edmonton seems to have a surplus of defensemen.

Darcy Hordichuk will play around half the season. Maybe a little more. Ben Eager is physical, but doesn't fight a ton. Ryan Jones is physical, and will play regularly.

On defense, Andy Sutton is a physical force.

Edmonton isn't terribly soft, but their top 6 is soft as butter.

Old
08-15-2012, 04:06 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post

Yep, Detroit is no longer the softest.

I get what you're saying with Nashville but McGrattan and Gaustad isn't bad at all nowadays. McGrattan's a super-heavyweight and Gaustad's a solid light-heavy. Not bad.

Carolina and Dallas are the worst and should be giving David Koci a call.

Old
08-15-2012, 04:13 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Oilers have Peckham [don't know how much he'll play], Sutton, Hordichuk, and Eager, not bad. Top 6 and the rest of the D is soft as butter though.

Calgary's worse, they have Jackman and that's it. Iginla will have to fight his own battles with the Wild bulking up, the Oil re-signing some toughness and the Canucks signing 2 possible light-heavyweights [and re-signing that tool Dale Weise]. Colorado's pretty bad but if bring Bordeleau up they're good with him and McLeod.

Toughest in the NW

1. Minnesota Wild
2. Edmonton Oilers
3. Vancouver Canucks
4. Colorado Avalanche [becomes #2 if Bordeleau is called up and stays up]
5. Calgary Flames

Old
08-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Anisimovs AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Yep, Detroit is no longer the softest.

I get what you're saying with Nashville but McGrattan and Gaustad isn't bad at all nowadays. McGrattan's a super-heavyweight and Gaustad's a solid light-heavy. Not bad.

Carolina and Dallas are the worst and should be giving David Koci a call.
Problem is he plays like 20 games a season for you guys, and this topic is about softest teams, not toughest press boxes. The only regulars in Nashville's lineup with grit are Gaustad and Boullion, thats pretty damn soft. I guess Weber

Anisimovs AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anisimovs AK View Post
Problem is he plays like 20 games a season for you guys, and this topic is about softest teams, not toughest press boxes. The only regulars in Nashville's lineup with grit are Gaustad and Boullion, thats pretty damn soft. I guess Weber
With Tootoo going to Detroit, I think McGrattan will play more than 30 games this year. Also, Bouillon signed in Montreal in July. Keep in mind that Brandon Yip will play regularly in Nashville. No, they're not scaring anyone, but they're tougher than Carolina.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:11 PM
PJ StockBB

how are the leafs barely being mentioned?

i put them in a four way tie with the canes, lightning and stars as the softest teams in the league. and i would say unless orr plays more then half the games this year they are THE softest.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
how are the leafs barely being mentioned?

i put them in a four way tie with the canes, lightning and stars as the softest teams in the league. and i would say unless orr plays more then half the games this year they are THE softest.
Yeah, they're not your typical Brian Burke team. Rosehill is a UFA. Not sure if he'll come back or not. The general consensus it that Colton Orr will play, however, it seems unclear as to how much he will play. The only gritty forward that will regularly play is Mike Brown. Their top 6 is soft as butter. Mike Komisarek still plays a relatively physical game. Phanuef throws some big hits. Outside of Brow, Komisarek, and Phaneuf, the Leafs look soft as hell. Hopefully for them, Orr plays a significant amount of games.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Flames1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post

Toughest in the NW

1. Minnesota Wild
2. Edmonton Oilers
3. Vancouver Canucks
4. Colorado Avalanche [becomes #2 if Bordeleau is called up and stays up]
5. Calgary Flames
Your seriously joking right, This is completely laughable.. I am not going to try and be a homer or anything but the flames are no where as soft as Edmonton, Colorado, and The Nucks. The flames have Jackman,Bouma,Alui,Iginla,Glencross,Gio, and Sarich who are not scared to throw around there weight. I understand that we have gotten smaller, but really we are not that soft.

Flames1217 is offline   Reply With Quote