HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lidstrom goes rampage on a car with baseball bat

Old
08-16-2012, 01:03 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Jesus, some of you people are pathetic when anyone interjects a little reality into your fantasy world.

Keep believing that Lidstrom was awesome until the very day he retired. Even though he was fourth in even strength points among the five regular season defenseman this year. Hey, he was ahead of Johnny Ericsson.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 01:22 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Jesus, some of you people are pathetic when anyone interjects a little reality into your fantasy world.

Keep believing that Lidstrom was awesome until the very day he retired. Even though he was fourth in even strength points among the five regular season defenseman this year. Hey, he was ahead of Johnny Ericsson.
What.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 01:48 AM
octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
I don't think his heart is really into it.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 02:16 AM
Dats13DET

I tried to google translate that article but It's still pretty hard to understand with all the mistakes. Reminds me of my days in grade 9 french.

Dats13DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 02:48 AM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign View Post
Basically, Lidstrom is just doing what some mindless, spoiled Wings fans have wanted to do to Holland's car all offseason.
I fixed it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Wait for the next D-man rumor thread to Detroit. It is what closes almost everyone, at some point CB will suggest Lidstrom is grossly overrated.
And then he'll suggest that the other defenseman was superior over the entirety of last season, despite not having actually watched the player in question for more than a few games...

Quote:

You have a strange habit of thinking you know things better than people who are actually within the NHL.

On a related note, Lidstrom was 4th amongst Red Wings defensemen in even-strength scoring in the 2003-2004 season. He ranked behind Schneider, Chelios, and Fischer, and only one point ahead of Jason Woolley. Given that you seem to consider even-strength scoring a massive factor in judging a defenseman's worth, then apparently you believe that he was worthless back then also.

Last edited by Crymson: 08-16-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 03:19 AM
Fredrik_71

The reason he talks about Homer in the clip is the following.Nick was involved in a fender-bender with his car once. Apparently Homer was sitting eating a donout and drinking coffe and Nick asked if it was clear to the right. Homer says drive and of goes Nick, bang!

Fredrik_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 04:30 AM
Henkka

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...ooing_fedorov/

Here's the whole story.

Does somebody know is this whole program in Youtube or somewhere? It would be extremely interesting to see.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Sher-Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
Apparantly Lidström mock Sundin in that show by showing of his rings to the camera.'

"This is how a stanley cup ring looks like, Sudden!"
Accually, the interviewer asked him earlier; -Correct me if I'm wrong but sure you would like to hang out drunk with Sundin and ask him to get his Stanley Cup rings and show them?

Nik; -[Laugh] No there you are wrong, I think I respect Sundin far too much to do a thing like that, but I sure would like to have a few drinks with him and talk about hockey.

Most questions in the show is quite lame and done with an 'humorous' angle.

Last edited by Sher-Wood: 08-16-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Sher-Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 01:54 PM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

Quote:

I do think that a lot of people here live in a fantasy world, but you aren't naturally finding that, you're blindly pinning it on people who disagree with you. That's not organic, that's artificial. I think you want to drive home your idea about most of us being clueless so badly that you use it every chance you get. We get it, you think you're the only sane one in the asylum. Cool. Most of the time you're right but the times you aren't look pathetic because it's so shoe-horned into the topic.

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Capsized
Parity is a Disease

I wish Holland would have signed Suter and Parise.

Capsized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 03:00 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign View Post
Basically, Lidstrom is just doing what Wings fans have wanted to do to Holland's car all offseason.
I haven't.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Capsized
Parity is a Disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
I haven't.
True but Holland could ice The Bad News Bears and you would praise him for doing so.

Capsized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 03:22 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by schminksbro View Post
True but Holland could ice The Bad News Bears and you would praise him for doing so.
Um, no, I wouldn't.

Don't put words in my mouth.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote