HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF-NYR Fantasy Keeper League - Discussion Thread Part IV (Waiting List Open!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2012, 03:04 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
What's the process to announce RFA's who've signed? Have worked out two deals with Kershaw for two of my players (one RFA, and one extension).

Does he announce them at some point? Me?
You can announce them after I say that the game has officially been started.

Also, if that extension is for a 2013 free agent you shouldn't have been negotiating extensions for those players yet. If its for one of your players that's currently a UFA then that's fine.

08-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

1. wtf is a Limted NTC?

2. A lot of NTCs and NMCs have restrictions on the (only 6 teams the player can't be traded to, or can be traded to etc.) if we need something like that taken care of, I'm guessing it's Kershaw's job?

Old
08-16-2012, 03:17 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
1. wtf is a Limted NTC?

2. A lot of NTCs and NMCs have restrictions on the (only 6 teams the player can't be traded to, or can be traded to etc.) if we need something like that taken care of, I'm guessing it's Kershaw's job?
#2 is #1

Old
08-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
#2 is #1
So it's the same thing, except the limitations are a secret?

Old
08-16-2012, 03:25 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

NMC means the player can't move, anywhere, unless the player waives it. Can't be sent to AHL, can't be traded without the player waving it.

A full NTC means the player cannot be traded without approving the trade. This is what Nash had (I think).

A limited NTC means that the player can make a list of a certain number of teams (defined in the contract) that he cannot be traded to. Generally, unless the player or his agent comes out and says it, it is not known who is on such a list.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:26 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Quote:
So it's the same thing, except the limitations are a secret?
I'm not sure how trade list limitations work in our league. If we do have them I am guessing they will be secret between Kershaw and the respective GM. I have no idea how they would decide which teams go on the list, though.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

The problem is:

NTC ok
NMC ok
NTC/NMC + condition ok
But, Dennis Seidenberg just has Limited NTC, not stating what the limitations are

Old
08-16-2012, 03:43 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
The problem is:

NTC ok
NMC ok
NTC/NMC + condition ok
But, Dennis Seidenberg just has Limited NTC, not stating what the limitations are
Work out a deal and the trade committee will decide if it's a desirable for him to be traded to.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Riptide

Quote:
The problem is:

NTC ok
NMC ok
NTC/NMC + condition ok
There's a lot of those on capgeek. The other thing is some are quite specific (can list 8 teams player won't go to, or 12 teams they will go to, etc), while others say Limited, but give no info.

What I was getting at earlier is how are those teams determined.

RKY said it'll be discussed by the trade guys... however without having some idea before hand, it can make it hard to work out trades. Or you'll spend time and effort to work out a trade only to have the player say it was one of the 8 teams he won't go to. Depending on the player's list, there could be teams that would not be desirable, but were not on his list.

It would be great if someone (Kershaw?) could keep a list or something of what players have NTCs and what the conditions are.

Another suggestion would be to standardize the limited NTC/NMC where there's no info available. Say any contract that's limited NTC/NMC (but capgeek doesn't provide any info) is a 10 team no trade list, or something like that.

RKY, my extension was with a 2013 RFA.

Old
08-16-2012, 04:38 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

1. I have been doing these games for years and there has never been an issue in regards to the NTC/NMC's. If a trade gets shot down it usually has more to do with the fairness of the deal then the player not waiving his clause.

Just use common sense before you start negotiating a trade with a player that has a clause in his contract. If you're not sure if he'll waive and it's really eating you up (which you guys are making a bigger deal about this then is necessary) then shoot me a pm before negotiations start telling me the player and to what team and I'll let you know if he'll waive.

Standardizing a list of undesirable trade teams isolates those teams from acquiring any player that has a clause in his contract.

2. DO NOT negotiate contract extensions for 2013. Focus on the 2012 free agents for now and after free agency is over then you can start talking about your 2013 UFA's/RFA's. No agreed upon contract for a 2013 UFA/RFA will be considered valid if posted before the 2012 free agency period is up.

Last edited by New York RKY: 08-16-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old
08-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
1. I have been doing these games for years and there has never been an issue in regards to the NTC/NMC's. If a trade gets shot down it usually has more to do with the fairness of the deal then the player not waiving his clause.

Just use common sense before you start negotiating a trade with a player that has a clause in his contract. If you're not sure if he'll waive and it's really eating you up (which you guys are making a bigger deal about this then is necessary) then shoot me a pm before negotiations start telling me the player and to what team and I'll let you know if he'll waive.

Standardizing a list of undesirable trade teams isolates those teams from acquiring any player that has a clause in his contract.

2.DO NOT negotiate contract extensions for 2013. Focus on the 2012 free agents for now and after free agency is over then you can start talking about your 2013 UFA's/RFA's. No agreed upon contract for a 2013 UFA/RFA will be considered valid if posted before the 2012 free agency period is up.
You must have never been in a GM Game...this is usually the downfall of all of them.

Last edited by Dr John Carlson: 08-16-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old
08-16-2012, 04:49 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr John Carlson View Post
You must have never been in a GM Game...this is usually the downfall of all of them.
I've been doing GM Games, Keeper Leagues, basically any fantasy league on this board for about 3 years now.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:10 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

hey guys, just came from work. i will try to answer all PM's soon!

Old
08-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

If we're doing current rosters why are we negotiating contracts that have already been done? Confusion ensues.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
If we're doing current rosters why are we negotiating contracts that have already been done? Confusion ensues.
We're not. We're only doing guys like Carlson, Del Zotto, and Subban who aren't signed in real life

Old
08-16-2012, 05:35 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
We're not signing contracts that have already been done. Our free agency is for the players that remain unsigned (like the Shane Doan's, Jason Arnott's, etc.)

Any player already signed counts towards that team, we just need to get the rest of the guys signed.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Ok I thought you had rolled us back to the start of the summer in regards to RFA's but not UFA's and I was confused.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:39 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Any UFA/RFA currently unsigned in real life are fair game for our free agency period.

Also guys, my roster template is up. I actually really liked the template DP used so I used that one.

The only thing I care about that's on there is making sure you are cap compliant and I would like your draft picks listed out as well so when you're trading you don't deal picks you don't have.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:40 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

You May Officially Start Sending In Trades To Me For Approval

The last issue was sorted out and we are underway. I ask if you have sent me a trade via PM to please send it again and we will work on starting to approve the deals.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Riptide

Fair enough.

Quote:
What I was trying to say, wasn't standardize the teams on the list, but the terms so we at least knew what they were if they're not specified. The teams could understandably vary from player to player.

But as long as we can get an answer regarding a NTC/NMC before hand, then I'm good with that.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:52 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

But we are still only allowed to send offers on our own unsigned RFAs or UFAs right now,m correct? No offering for other teams' free agents yet?

Old
08-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Any UFA/RFA currently unsigned in real life are fair game for our free agency period.

Also guys, my roster template is up. I actually really liked the template DP used so I used that one.

The only thing I care about that's on there is making sure you are cap compliant and I would like your draft picks listed out as well so when you're trading you don't deal picks you don't have.
I chose a good person to copy then haha.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

This might sound completely ridiculous, but where do I find the rosters?

Old
08-16-2012, 05:56 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

You're welcome gentlemen.

I'll just have you know I patented that post, so all copying will cost you $50 each.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:58 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Pffff...my template in the old thread was much better.

Closed Thread