HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-SJ-Tor

Old
08-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Van-SJ-Tor

To San Jose:
Roberto Luongo
Jannik Hansen
Nazem Kadri

To Toronto:
Antti Niemi

To Vancouver:
Ryan Clowe
Dan Boyle
San Jose 1st

Vancouver gets tougher and adds a legit number 1 dman, as well as getting a 1st to help stovk up on prospects.(It stinks to lose Hansen, but I doubt it would fly if we used Raymond)

San Jose gets an upgrade in goal and an infusion of youth/skill/speed.

Toronto gets a starting goaltender.

Thoughts?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 10:44 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

vCash: 500
Uh oh.

Pre-emptive apology to Sharks fans...

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
To San Jose:
Roberto Luongo
Jannik Hansen
Nazem Kadri

To Toronto:
Antti Niemi

To Vancouver:
Ryan Clowe
Dan Boyle
San Jose 1st

Vancouver gets tougher and adds a legit number 1 dman, as well as getting a 1st to help stovk up on prospects.(It stinks to lose Hansen, but I doubt it would fly if we used Raymond)

San Jose gets an upgrade in goal and an infusion of youth/skill/speed.

Toronto gets a starting goaltender.

Thoughts?
I like it from a Vancouver perspective. I doubt SJ goes for that.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hottubber

why not just take toronto out of the trade all together. Kadri for Niemi isnt a good deal for the leafs

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 10:56 AM
re5piration
'67 til

Rather roll with Reimer than give up Kadri for another overrated goalie.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 10:58 AM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
why not just take toronto out of the trade all together. Kadri for Niemi isnt a good deal for the leafs
Maybe its just me, but giving up a fairly average to above average forward prospect, for a goaltender that's won a cup and generally has had good numbers in the this league, seems like a pretty good deal for the leafs.

That said, I don't think you see the Sharks doing this. Even if the value is fairly ok.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:00 AM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
Maybe its just me, but giving up a fairly average to above average forward prospect.
It's just you. Nazem Kadri has wonderful potential. He's not simply an average prospect.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:04 AM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
It's just you. Nazem Kadri has wonderful potential. He's not simply an average prospect.
I'm not seeing it.

He's definitely got the talent, we'll have to see how he shows up to camp this year. He needs be bigger, more cerebral with the puck, and better defensively to have any chance of making the team this year. And if he didn't that would be a pretty major disappointment for a (basically) 22 year old thats had a ton of chances so far.

Kadri could still turn out to be an excellent prospect, hitting that Mike Ribeiro type ceiling that I see for him, but last year i wasn't very impressed.

I didn't mean to turn this thread into about Nazem Kadri, as he's a relatively small part of the overall blockbuster.

Old
08-17-2012, 11:10 AM
hockeyball

Absolutely brutal for the Sharks. We give up a top-6 power forward, #1 goalie, and a top-10 offensive defensemen in the league. We get, Luongo (a goalie who i don't see as an upgrade at all, he costs more, for longer, and in a similar situation has failed to win a cup where Niemi did), a forward prospect that cannot break into a non-playoff teams roster, let alone the Sharks roster, and a quality 3rd liner...

I really don't think you thought that through. We don't want Luongo, even for free, so his value is zero in that trade, and Kadri + Hansen is laughable for Niemi, Boyle, Clowe...

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Arrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulie View Post
Good, because I'd rather keep Niemi than have to deal with a bust prospect.

Arrch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:19 AM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Absolutely brutal for the Sharks. We give up a top-6 power forward, #1 goalie, and a top-10 offensive defensemen in the league. We get, Luongo (a goalie who i don't see as an upgrade at all, he costs more, for longer, and in a similar situation has failed to win a cup where Niemi did), a forward prospect that cannot break into a non-playoff teams roster, let alone the Sharks roster, and a quality 3rd liner...

I really don't think you thought that through. We don't want Luongo, even for free, so his value is zero in that trade, and Kadri + Hansen is laughable for Niemi, Boyle, Clowe...
I find this post pretty hilarious. And just dead wrong.

Luongo doesn't have "zero value in this trade", and you're assessment of him compared to Niemi was laughable. Lu has had better stats every year Niemi has been in the league, as well as having better playoff stats than him basically every year as well. (with the exception of 2010 and the abysmal Kings series for our PK). You're basing Niemi's 'higher' value, on his contract, and the fact that he won a cup on one of the best teams we've seen in the past decade. I wonder if Luongo would be getting the same credit for that cup win...

Very interesting assessment nonetheless.

Old
08-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Sharks4Life

Quote:
I find this post pretty hilarious. And just dead wrong.

Luongo doesn't have "zero value in this trade", and you're assessment of him compared to Niemi was laughable. Lu has had better stats every year Niemi has been in the league, as well as having better playoff stats than him basically every year as well. (with the exception of 2010 and the abysmal Kings series for our PK). You're basing Niemi's 'higher' value, on his contract, and the fact that he won a cup on one of the best teams we've seen in the past decade. I wonder if Luongo would be getting the same credit for that cup win...

Very interesting assessment nonetheless.
Your post is quite hilarious as well, totally avoiding the statement that the sharks get bent over in this trade and instead feeling the need to defend your goalie who by all accounts is potentially on his way out the door anyways.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:33 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
I'm not seeing it.

He's definitely got the talent, we'll have to see how he shows up to camp this year. He needs be bigger, more cerebral with the puck, and better defensively to have any chance of making the team this year. And if he didn't that would be a pretty major disappointment for a (basically) 22 year old thats had a ton of chances so far.

Kadri could still turn out to be an excellent prospect, hitting that Mike Ribeiro type ceiling that I see for him, but last year i wasn't very impressed.

I didn't mean to turn this thread into about Nazem Kadri, as he's a relatively small part of the overall blockbuster.
I think at worst Kadri will turn into a Sam Gagner type.

He is at nearly a PPG in the AHL for his career, and has 19 points in 50 NHL games playing with minimal minutes.

He actually has great potential, he just hasn't been able to fill out his frame appropriate to the way he plays the game. I am curious to see what kind of results his summer of work with Roberts can do for him coming into camp.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:34 AM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks4Life View Post
Your post is quite hilarious as well, totally avoiding the statement that the sharks get bent over in this trade and instead feeling the need to defend your goalie who by all accounts is potentially on his way out the door anyways.
The only reason the Sharks get bent over, according to his logic, is that Luongo has zero value. Which simply isn't true.

Put his value in as what it is, which is a top 7 goaltender on a questionable contract, and suddenly its somewhat fair value! Gasp!

Edit: I will say the first is unnecessary. Shouldn't be there.

Old
08-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks4Life View Post
You're also shedding over 20 years of age off your roster, and the players you are getting have some very good potential.

You have yo factor in age as well to this.

Old
08-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Dan K211
Jaws

No ****ing way SJ does this.

SJ gives: Boyle, Clowe, Niemi, 1st
SJ gets: Luongo, Hansen, Kadri

However, that is the best way to have people respond to your post, make a bad proposal.

Dan K211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Holy jesus. Sharks give up Clowe, Boyle, 1rst, Niemi for Luongo, Hansen and Kadri? That's friggin terrible for the Sharks. Seriously think about other teams when making proposals.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:41 AM
superrich

Well, I can see why Vancouver would make this trade, but I don't see a reason for the other 2 teams. San Jose gets royally ripped off.

superrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Crazy Joe Divola

Quote:
You're also shedding over 20 years of age off your roster, and the players you are getting have some very good potential.

You have yo factor in age as well to this.
The Sharks need to win now. Shedding "age" for "potential" isn't going to help that.

Crazy Joe Divola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan K211 View Post
No ****ing way SJ does this.

SJ gives: Boyle, Clowe, Niemi, 1st
SJ gets: Luongo, Hansen, Kadri

However, that is the best way to have people respond to your post, make a bad proposal.
Luongo = Boyle + Clowe
(elite middle aged player for elite older player + average middle aged player, plus goalies usually have a longer shelf life)

Niemi = Kadri
Hansen = 1st

Old
08-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Divola View Post
The Sharks need to win now. Shedding "age" for "potential" isn't going to help that.
Luongo makes you better now, and the addition of speed and skill from Kadri and Hansen adds a new facet to your team.

Old
08-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Vancouver robs both teams. No way from Leaf perspective, and doubley so for the Sharks.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Hold the Pickles

ZERO chance DW takes on Lu's contract. Less than zero chance he takes it on at that price.

Hold the Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:52 AM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

Kadri for Niemi is like Couture for Toskala all over again.

Leafs laugh and hang up!

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:52 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Luongo = Boyle + Clowe
(elite middle aged player for elite older player + average middle aged player, plus goalies usually have a longer shelf life)

Niemi = Kadri
Hansen = 1st
You guys are going to be SERIOUSLY dissapointed when Luongo gets traded. You are not getting a very high-end #1 d-man + a highly coveted power forward (even with 1 year left) for Luongo. He's great in the regular season (useless to us) but simply does not have the mental fortitude to get it done when it counts. If the USA had won the gold medal I guarantee you Luongo would have been blamed (and rightfully, he looked shaky as hell). He has value to a team desperate for goaltending whom cannot lure free agents, that is not the Sharks. We don't need Luongo, Doug Wilson hates those kind of contracts, and we are not giving up any value for him.

The ONLY player in that deal I like is Hansen.

Quote:
Luongo makes you better now, and the addition of speed and skill from Kadri and Hansen adds a new facet to your team.
Luongo does not make us better now. We need to win in the playoffs, not the regular season, and Luongo does not help there. Kadri can't make the Leaf's roster, let alone the Sharks, so he doesn't add anything to our team. Hansen yes, would love to have him, but if you think the Sharks are a better team after that trade I can't help you.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote