HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-SJ-Tor

Old
08-17-2012, 02:52 PM
EXTRAS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Yeah...Hansen being moved for some that isn't an immediate improvement won't happen. His value might not be outstandingly high, but a serious, serious overpayment is the only thing that will get him without a Hansen being part of a package. It's not just fans slobbering all over him, Gillis said a few years ago he could see Hansen scoring 50. Read into that what you will, but he's highly thought of by our club president and GM.
Hansen reminds me of an even better version of a young Kesler. His point production per game is slightly better/game than Kesler's was in his first four seasons, and both are fast, and terrific defensively.

If Hansen can get second line minutes next season, and his point production jumps to say 55-60 points (I believe it will), then Hansen is the type of guy who could get a Selke nomination; however, he is a winger, which makes it unlikely.

EXTRAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 02:56 PM
EXTRAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Raymond+Hansen+Kevin Connaughton(our best d prospect) for Clowe+1st.
NO. Raymond is strong defensively, and could have a bounce back year, and Hansen has the tools to be as important or even stronger than Clowe. Clowe is also more expensive than both Hansen and Raymond together, and we would also have to pay someone else to replace the hole one of them leaves.

Clowe is good, but why would we do this? Sure, we get a late 1st rounder, but both teams are trying to win right now.

Old
08-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

vCash: 950
Quote:
To San Jose:
Roberto Luongo
Jannik Hansen
Nazem Kadri

To Toronto:
Antti Niemi

To Vancouver:
Ryan Clowe
Dan Boyle
San Jose 1st

Vancouver gets tougher and adds a legit number 1 dman, as well as getting a 1st to help stovk up on prospects.(It stinks to lose Hansen, but I doubt it would fly if we used Raymond)

San Jose gets an upgrade in goal and an infusion of youth/skill/speed.

Toronto gets a starting goaltender.

Thoughts?
Switch Kadri with Ashton or someone like that.

Jozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:05 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Raymond+Hansen+Kevin Connaughton(our best d prospect) for Clowe+1st.
No thanks to moving Hansen and Raymond in a deal for Clowe. I think we've been down this specific road before with Sharks fans. They wanted both, not one Canuck fan would do the deal.

Raymond Sweatt and a mid pick I'd do for Clowe. But not both Raymond and Hansen.

It's easier to replace Raymond on our roster than it is Hansen. Hansen provides major depth on RW where the Canucks only have Kassian as future depth. Jensen can easily move to LW to cover for the loss of Raymond, while still having Higgins Booth and Sedin.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
LOL Vancouver is the only one that ca-chings at the cash register with this one.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTRAS View Post
NO. Raymond is strong defensively, and could have a bounce back year, and Hansen has the tools to be as important or even stronger than Clowe. Clowe is also more expensive than both Hansen and Raymond together, and we would also have to pay someone else to replace the hole one of them leaves.

Clowe is good, but why would we do this? Sure, we get a late 1st rounder, but both teams are trying to win right now.
Personally I think you're overrating Hansen, and that we're trading two tweeners for a legit top 6 er.

Plus I want to stockpile 1sts in a draft that is supposed to be really strong with the hopes of finding a Giroux/Eberle/etc.

Although I can see why one wouldn't do it, especially if you have Hansen down as Kesler-lite.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:16 PM
EXTRAS

Quote:
Personally I think you're overrating Hansen, and that we're trading two tweeners for a legit top 6 er.

Plus I want to stockpile 1sts in a draft that is supposed to be really strong with the hopes of finding a Giroux/Eberle/etc.

Although I can see why one wouldn't do it, especially if you have Hansen down as Kesler-lite.
One could argue Clowe is on the decline, and Hansen on the rise. Hansen is a few years younger, and his point total currently has upward trajectory, while Clowe's totals dropped significantly last season.

Last seasons stats:
Clowe 76gp 17g 28a 45p -5 97pms 180shots that is a negative on a very + team last year, where the other 5 top six guys on the sharks were a combined +57.

Hansen 82gp 16g 23a 39p +18 34pms 137shots So I would say the difference is one had top 6 ice time and the other had mostly 3rd line ice time.

plus, Hansen makes significantly less $$$ than Clowe. I wouldn't do this 1 for 1.

Clowe barely makes our top 6 if you look at our stats last season. He would be considered in that group of tweeners, stats wise.

Old
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Crispy Crust

vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
Good, because I'd rather keep Niemi than have to deal with a bust prospect.
Hilarious.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Henrik To Daniel

take clowe out of the deal and it's better for the sharks

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Thee GM
TheMostInterestingGM

With Toronto's luck Niemi will probably turn out to be the next Toskala. And Toskala came from San Jose too.

Thee GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
take clowe out of the deal and it's better for the sharks
Although we'd still end up with a hole in our top 6. I wouldn't trade Luongo for Boyle straight up, and we'd then have no reason to add Hansen for a 1st.

Old
08-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Arrch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTRAS View Post
One could argue Clowe is on the decline
If one thinks that a single year of a reduced point total after three seasons of increasing point totals is on the decline.

I prefer to think of it as a down year and should wait to see if this year yields the same results, but that's just one man's opinion.

Arrch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Sharks4Life

Quote:
If one thinks that a single year of a reduced point total after three seasons of increasing point totals is on the decline.

I prefer to think of it as a down year and should wait to see if this year yields the same results, but that's just one man's opinion.
That and clowe spent most of the season not playing as physically which is generally what allows him to play his game well because of an early season facial injury.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:49 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

LOL, Clowe would absolutely be in Vancouver's top 6. His off year is still better then Hansen's best year. Not that I'm endorsing the original trade proposal, that's another gem in itself.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:51 PM
rypper

I think a lot of posters are severly underrating clowe in this thread.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Sharks4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper View Post
This. The he had an off year so we can get him for nothing bit isn't gonna fly.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
And Boyle.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Even more underrate Luongo.

Old
08-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Kegsey
#joeMONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
He said he was an average top-6 guy, so by those standards isn't Burrows an average top-6 guy?
Without the Sedins, Burrows would be a below average top-6 guy, and anyone who watches hockey will agree to that.

Kegsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:02 PM
jboknows

Quote:
Good, because I'd rather keep Niemi than have to deal with a bust prospect.
A bust prospect. What a joke - get a clue about the player before you make a comment like that.

jboknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Kegsey
#joeMONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeLuongo View Post
DW is gonna be jobless pretty soon. Doesn't it worry any of you Sharks fans that you guys haven't even been to a Final with that roster. My god by now I would have expected SJ to have won at least 2 cups
How does this benefit the topic? If we're just taking jabs then why would anyone want a goalie who couldn't win his team the cup especially with that cap hit. Plus Vancouver is recently competitive, SJ has been for the last 5+ years and continue to be even with one of the worst prospect pools.

Kegsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:03 PM
vadim sharifijanov

doesn't make sense.

for toronto: they wouldn't want toskala jr. plus, no way burke helps vancouver trade luongo without getting luongo himself.

for san jose: all the pieces involved are guys who can and may be moved. but it's getting pretty close to the last shot for the thornton/marleau core, so i don't think they would jump for kadri, who may pan out but probably not this year. and while hansen is awesome and i'd hate to lose him, san jose isn't really in need of that kind of player either.

for vancouver: well it's a great deal for the canucks, i'll give you that. boyle would be an ideal über-ehrhoff to pair with edler.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:04 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
This makes no sense.... Terrible deal. Van makes out like bandits

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Even more underrate Luongo.
It's a leverage situation. We need to get rid of him more than anyone else needs him. He's top ten but not top five anymore. So trading anything more than a fringe top six fwd from a teams roster to go from a sub average to (current) Luongo just doesn't make sense for teams looking to contend THIS year. Typically the teams not looking to contend aren't interested in giving up young assets for a goalie that will only be worth his cap hit for another 5-6 years max. Disagree?

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
This makes no sense.... Terrible deal. Van makes out like bandits
Agreed. Lets do it.

Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote