HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

50 Bucks a seat to get on the waiting list??

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2012, 03:37 PM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
The chance of the Bruins failing in Boston is pretty slim. Given the history of the Jets in Winnipeg, and the smaller than normal population base for a city with a major league sport, the chance is obviously somewhat greater.
Quote:
I'm sure you'll agree that there is a high probability that the demand for tickets now is not the same as what the demand will be years down the road.

Of course if the team is successful (playoffs soon and hopefully deep runs in a few years), the demand may even go up, and my concerns would be completely unwarranted.
Quote:
I just hope demand stays this high for the forseeable future.
Quote:
My concern roots from the fact that I want to see this team succeed, as we all do.
Quote:
Given the current structure of NHL payrolls, and our city's population, the question of whether or not Winnipeg is a viable NHL city is exactly my concern.
Quote:
For now, as Jets hockey is the new, shiny, sexy thing to do in Winnipeg.
As I said, I hope that demand continues long into the future.
Quote:
I just enjoy discourse and debate.
Regarding the last quote, you are not engaging in discourse, you are repeating the same thing over and over again in order to provoke a response.

With all due respect, if that is your worry, which after reading it about a dozen times I'm sure that it is, rather than repeating it here you can visit somewhere like this: http://technorati.com/lifestyle/arti...hings-we-have/

Old
08-17-2012, 03:44 PM
PaperRockChamp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Regarding the last quote, you are not engaging in discourse, you are repeating the same thing over and over again in order to provoke a response.

With all due respect, if that is your worry, which after reading it about a dozen times I'm sure that it is, rather than repeating it here you can visit somewhere like this: http://technorati.com/lifestyle/arti...hings-we-have/
Thank you for multi-quoting.. I was omw to do the same..

Old
08-17-2012, 03:44 PM
cneely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I see you concerns cneely and I understand the angle you're coming at this with, but I just think you're looking far too deep into it. These things could be said for many NHL franchises. It's just the way it is. Every local has it's downfalls, obstacles and deficiencies whether it be lack of interest in the game itself, poor economy, poorly run organizations in terms of on-ice product, poorly run organizations in terms of off-ice product, lack of money from ownership, etc. The list goes on and on.

Again, I think you're looking at this in more of a "Can the NHL work in Winnipeg long-term?", when your initial issue was "How dare they charge $50 to be on the 8k waitlist".

I don't see at all how charging $50 to be on the waitlist is in any way, shape or form detrimental. As I said earlier, given the supply and demand, in terms of business I think it would be absolutely illogical to not tap into that resource.

Will the NHL work in Winnipeg long-term? I don't know. I hope so. I think so. But at the end of the day, I don't know. I also think 3/4 of the leagues teams could say the same thing.

I'm not worried.
fair enough

Maybe the offseason is too long and I'm just bored. Cheers.

Old
08-17-2012, 03:45 PM
cneely

Quote:

Maybe, but to be fair, most of those are in response to people who keep asking the same questions. Either they haven't read the thread, or don't get it.

Old
08-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
I like pie.

Old
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
I think Guerzy is right. Cneely is really asking if NHL hockey will be viable in Winnipeg, but he was mascarading his question with the "50 bucks a seat to get on the waiting list" phony thread title. My guess is cneely was one of those people who never believed NHL hockey would be back in Winnipeg, probably even laughed or mocked those of us that firmly believed in it's return (and why not, he already has his Bruins to cheer for, this would be just extra competition in town for him to deal with) and was flabbergasted when May 31, 2011 rolled around.

Regardless, it's very tiring to continually being questionned about my fanbases viability. And like I said previously, with the other TNSE thread with regards to that letter, the negativity of some people is just plain irritating.

Old
08-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
I like pie.

But you have to pay for that pie, when EVERYONE knows it's your God-given right to have it for free because you live in a small market city, or you will be annoying with those charges and decide to never eat pie again!

You should be outraged!!!!!!

Old
08-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:

Spot on. Thank you.

Old
08-17-2012, 03:59 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
I think Guerzy is right. Cneely is really asking if NHL hockey will be viable in Winnipeg, but he was mascarading his question with the "50 bucks a seat to get on the waiting list" phony thread title. My guess is cneely was one of those people who never believed NHL hockey would be back in Winnipeg, probably even laughed or mocked those of us that firmly believed in it's return (and why not, he already has his Bruins to cheer for, this would be just extra competition in town for him to deal with) and was flabbergasted when May 31, 2011 rolled around.

Regardless, it's very tiring to continually being questionned about my fanbases viability. And like I said previously, with the other TNSE thread with regards to that letter, the negativity of some people is just plain irritating.
Your guess would be dead wrong then.
Extra competition? Not sure if you know this, but the Bruins don't play at MTS Center. Or anywhere in Winnipeg for that matter.

Some people may call it negativity. I choose to call it realism. By all means keep your head in the sand and support your team if it makes you happy. At the end of the day, I may be way off base, and you may be 100% correct. I just don't get the desire to ignore the fact that the Jets face significant issues long term in this market. Are they impossible to overcome? Probably not, but that doesn't mean we can't recognize and discuss them.

Does it?

Old
08-17-2012, 04:00 PM
cneely

Quote:
But you have to pay for that pie, when EVERYONE knows it's your God-given right to have it for free because you live in a small market city, or you will be annoying with those charges and decide to never eat pie again!

You should be outraged!!!!!!
Give me $50, and maybe in a couple of weeks I'll allow you to buy some of my pie.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Your guess would be dead wrong then.
Extra competition? Not sure if you know this, but the Bruins don't play at MTS Center. Or anywhere in Winnipeg for that matter.

Some people may call it negativity. I choose to call it realism. By all means keep your head in the sand and support your team if it makes you happy. At the end of the day, I may be way off base, and you may be 100% correct. I just don't get the desire to ignore the fact that the Jets face significant issues long term in this market. Are they impossible to overcome? Probably not, but that doesn't mean we can't recognize and discuss them.

Does it?
"competition" was a bad choice of words". More like "taking attention away from my Bruins" would have been a better choice of words.

You call it "sticking my head in the sand", I call it "blind faith". I choose not to get all worked up over the "what if" scenario's like you clearly are. You are choosing to focus on the negative and the vast majority of us around here want to focus on the positive. Life is too short to be negative. So lighten up and enjoy life.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:04 PM
cneely

Quote:
"competition" was a bad choice of words". More like "taking attetion away from my Bruins" would have been a better choice of words.
? Attention on the Bruins in Winnipeg?

Still don't get it. There are quite a few Bruins fans in Winnipeg, but they're all NHL fans as well, overjoyed at the opportunity to be able to attend live games.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:06 PM
deadwrong

welcome back to the big leagues, this is how money is made Winnipeg.....I dont see the big deal. Someone has to be paid to look after the list. They probably recogized a profit leak there.

This happens alot in sports where demand exceeds supply......

Old
08-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
? Attention on the Bruins in Winnipeg?

Still don't get it. There are quite a few Bruins fans in Winnipeg, but they're all NHL fans as well, overjoyed at the opportunity to be able to attend live games.
This is a common syndrom around town that I have noticed. When the Jets left, many chose to follow other teams since there was no longer any NHL in town. For 16 years, they could cheer loud and proud for their team around town, and vitually no one would care. But now that there is a team back in town, there is a renewed sence of community towards the team, and people became vocal about the new team in a positive way, and openly cheered against the Bruins and other teams when before those fans lived in virtual anonymity in the city, ergo competition and/or attention taken away. The focus is now on OUR team, and if you cheer for someone else, you are the enemy and you will hear about it. Many fans of other teams in Winnipeg are whining and crying about how everyone is in love with the Jets and are tired of hearing about the Jets. Wah, boo hoo, sob sob, cry me a river. Don't like it, then join our side. Otherwise, ts.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Here we have a local Bruins fan that is apparently quite concerned that the Jets are charging a $50 entrance fee to get on the season ticket wait list because he feels it to be exclusive of some folks, feels that it will alienate some and that "he wants to see this team succeed", yet he also admits that he himself won't pay the nominal $50 fee to get on the list, that he hasn't bought a ticket to a game, and as well he probably hasn't bought any Jets merch for himself at the Jets Store - given that he is a Bruins fan. He is doing his part though by offering us hollow words of concern. Thanks so much.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:20 PM
cneely

Quote:
This is a common syndrom around town that I have noticed. When the Jets left, many chose to follow other teams since there was no longer any NHL in town. For 16 years, they could cheer loud and proud for their team around town, and vitually no one would care. But now that there is a team back in town, there is a renewed sence of community towards the team, and people became vocal about the new team in a positive way, and openly cheered against the Bruins and other teams when before those fans lived in virtual anonymity in the city, ergo competition and/or attention taken away. The focus is now on OUR team, and if you cheer for someone else, you are the enemy and you will hear about it. Many fans of other teams in Winnipeg are whining and crying about how everyone is in love with the Jets and are tired of hearing about the Jets. Wah, boo hoo, sob sob, cry me a river. Don't like it, then join our side. Otherwise, ts.
FWIW, I attended both Bruins games this year, and cheered for the Jets.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:22 PM
cneely

Quote:
Here we have a local Bruins fan that is apparently quite concerned that the Jets are charging a $50 entrance fee to get on the season ticket wait list because he fees it to be exclusive of others, feels that it will alienate some and that "he wants to see this team succeed", yet he also admits that he himself won't pay the nominal $50 fee to get on the list, that he hasn't bought a ticket to a game, and as well he probably hasn't bought any Jets merch for himself at the Jets Store - given that he is a Bruins fan. He is doing his part though by offering us hollow words of concern. Thanks so much.

So many incorrect assumptions. I own 2 Jets jerseys (real, not knock offs), a tshirt, a golf shirt, a hat, and a windbreaker. Both my daughters have Ladd jerseys, and my wife sports one of those low cut t-shirts I love so much.

I haven't paid for any game tickets, but certainly spend money at the games.
I subscribe to Jets TV.

I support the team as much as I can.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:23 PM
cneely

Quote:
You call it "sticking my head in the sand", I call it "blind faith". I choose not to get all worked up over the "what if" scenario's like you clearly are. You are choosing to focus on the negative and the vast majority of us around here want to focus on the positive. Life is too short to be negative. So lighten up and enjoy life.
Not sure where anyone is getting the impression that I'm "worked up"

:shrug

Old
08-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
So many incorrect assumptions. I own 2 Jets jerseys (real, not knock offs), a tshirt, a golf shirt, a hat, and a windbreaker.
I haven't paid for any game tickets, but certainly spend money at the games.
I subscribe to Jets TV.

I support the team as much as I can.
So you might might as well cut the bandwagon behavior and actually cheer for the home team then. Pick one team and go with that.

FYI, the smile () meant that initial post was tongue in cheek in nature, but clearly it struck a nerve.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:27 PM
cneely

Quote:
So you might might as well cut the bandwagon behavior and actually cheer for the home team then. Pick one team and go with that.

FYI, the smile () meant that initial post was tongue in cheek in nature, but apparently it struck a nerve.
Nerve? Not at all.
I don't know if I would call myself a bandwaggoner, I mean hell, we've all only been Jets fans for a year, so I guess we all are.

I'm finding it difficult certainly to cheer for two teams. I'll be much happier when the Jets move to the West.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Not sure where anyone is getting the impression that I'm "worked up"
This impression is left when one continually belabors a point over and over versus eventually just moving on.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:31 PM
cneely

Quote:
This impression is left when one continually belabors a point over and over versus eventually just moving on.
Meh.

Bored at work I guess. Certainly not "worked up"

Old
08-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Here we have a local Bruins fan that is apparently quite concerned that the Jets are charging a $50 entrance fee to get on the season ticket wait list because he feels it to be exclusive of some folks, feels that it will alienate some and that "he wants to see this team succeed", yet he also admits that he himself won't pay the nominal $50 fee to get on the list, that he hasn't bought a ticket to a game, and as well he probably hasn't bought any Jets merch for himself at the Jets Store - given that he is a Bruins fan. He is doing his part though by offering us hollow words of concern. Thanks so much.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:58 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
I like pie.
I prefer chocolate cake

Old
08-17-2012, 05:10 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Not sure why everyone is getting so defensive here. cneely has his opinions nothing wrong with that. People are way too sensitive here chillax my bros

Closed Thread