HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - Anaheim - Edmonton (Ryan + Getzlaf)

Old
08-17-2012, 08:56 AM
tony d
The Future

vCash: 500
Yeah, this won't happen. No way will Anaheim trade 2 of their big 3.

08-17-2012, 07:30 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Ennis will never have the total package that Getzlaf has. Simply put, Getzlaf has the size, strength, physiclality and Skill that Ennis can never have because those Atteibutes dont grow on trees. As Domingo Ayala would say "es gawd given" .

Ennis may turn out to be a fantastic player, but not on Getzlafs level in terms of total package. Comparing Ennis to Getzlaf is asinine.
Ok, here's the thing about Getzlaf, though he's big and passes well, his last 3 years aren't impressive. Two 19 goal season's and an 11 goal season. He has two superstar winger's helping him with point production. If you put Getz with two average winger's then how does he do? Hell, if you put Gaustad between Ryan and Perry he'd be a 50 point player. That's why I wouldn't give the farm for Getzlaf. In the position he's in, he does well, move him and he might disappear.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
Ok, here's the thing about Getzlaf, though he's big and passes well, his last 3 years aren't impressive. Two 19 goal season's and an 11 goal season. He has two superstar winger's helping him with point production. If you put Getz with two average winger's then how does he do? Hell, if you put Gaustad between Ryan and Perry he'd be a 50 point player. That's why I wouldn't give the farm for Getzlaf. In the position he's in, he does well, move him and he might disappear.
I remember when his wingers used to be a product of him. I'm just spitballing here, so forgive me if I'm being naive, but could it be that good players help each other out? Could it be, that playing with the same player ever since becoming a professional can help develop chemistry and allow two players to bring out the best in each other? Once again, I'm sorry if I'm not as informed as everyone else.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 07:51 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
I remember when his wingers used to be a product of him. I'm just spitballing here, so forgive me if I'm being naive, but could it be that good players help each other out? Could it be, that playing with the same player ever since becoming a professional can help develop chemistry and allow two players to bring out the best in each other? Once again, I'm sorry if I'm not as informed as everyone else.

Well lets see, would Perry's and Ryan's numbers deminish without Getzlaf? Maybe a little. Would Getzlaf's numbers go down without Perry and Ryan. I'm thinking yeah, alot. He'd still get 20 goals maybe, but his assist's would be cut in half. That being said, I'd be willing to give a heck of a lot more for Perry or Ryan.

Also, if you read my post you basically said what I said. Yes, they play together good. Playing on that line works good for him. But if he were moved the team getting him probably wouldn't be getting the same Getzlaf.

Old
08-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Well lets see, would Perry's and Ryan's numbers deminish without Getzlaf? Maybe a little.
I think we got that answer this year. It is yes. When Perry's center is struggling, he can still push, but he does suffer.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 07:59 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I think we got that answer this year. It is yes. When Perry's center is struggling, he can still push, but he does suffer.
A little, like I said.

Old
08-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
A little, like I said.
He went from 98 points to 60. That isn't a little.

Old
08-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
You obviously don't know anything about Getzlaf and I question your hockey knowledge. Getzlaf isn't a goal scorer...if you watched him play, you'd know this. He has a hell of a shot, but is a 'pass first' type player. To rate him or any other player solely based on goal totals, shows that you know nothing about him or might not have a high knowledge of hockey, in general. Also, aside from last season, he was over a PPG player for 4 consecutive seasons. You don't become that without being a great player. Based on your argument, you must also not think Henrik Sedin is a very good player, right? I mean, the guy's scored 29 goals once, 22 once, and then nothing over 19 goals the rest of his career. He must just then be a product of Daniel, right?

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:08 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
He went from 98 points to 60. That isn't a little.
And how many point's do you think Getz losses centering two lesser wingers? He goes from a 60-70 point player to a 40 point player. Getzlaf's not great for scoring, he's good at getting the puck to one of two great sniper's. Plus, Perry still had 37 goals so your point kind of losses it's fizzle

Old
08-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
And how many point's do you think Getz losses centering two lesser wingers? He goes from a 60-70 point player to a 40 point player. Getzlaf's not great for scoring, he's good at getting the puck to one of two great sniper's. Plus, Perry still had 37 goals so your point kind of losses it's fizzle
This season is the only one of his last three where he wasn't OVER a point per game.

Edit: Perry(54 points) and Kunitz(50 points) were lesser wingers in '08. Getzlaf had 82 points that year. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited by Exit Dose: 08-17-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old
08-17-2012, 08:17 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
You obviously don't know anything about Getzlaf and I question your hockey knowledge. Getzlaf isn't a goal scorer...if you watched him play, you'd know this. He has a hell of a shot, but is a 'pass first' type player. To rate him or any other player solely based on goal totals, shows that you know nothing about him or might not have a high knowledge of hockey, in general. Also, aside from last season, he was over a PPG player for 4 consecutive seasons. You don't become that without being a great player. Based on your argument, you must also not think Henrik Sedin is a very good player, right? I mean, the guy's scored 29 goals once, 22 once, and then nothing over 19 goals the rest of his career. He must just then be a product of Daniel, right?
O boo freaken hoo. I picked on your player. Get over it. Getz hasn't touched 20 goals in three years. He's a PPG player because his winger's score 80 friggen goals! And again, if you read the posts, I'm not saying he's a terrible player. He plays well in the system he's in for the eleventeenth time. But if Getz was ever traded to a team with two different and lesser winger's. I guarantee he would be no where near as productive and the gaining team would be heavily disappointed.

Old
08-17-2012, 08:30 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
This season is the only one of his last three where he wasn't OVER a point per game.

Edit: Perry(54 points) and Kunitz(50 points) were lesser wingers in '08. Getzlaf had 82 points that year. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Yeah, he had a good year with 24 goals. Perry was lesser with 30 goals and Kunitz doesn't exactly stink. Tim Connolly almost had a PPG season so he must be great too

Old
08-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Yeah, he had a good year with 24 goals. Perry was lesser with 30 goals and Kunitz doesn't exactly stink. Tim Connolly almost had a PPG season so he must be great too
Tim Connolly almost had 1 PPG season. Ryan Getzlaf did have 4 PPG seasons. Totally comparable.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:35 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
So he has a great shot but just doesn't use it type stories. You know, Rob Ray was a hell of a sniper too, but he just chose to fight instead

Old
08-17-2012, 08:39 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Tim Connolly almost had 1 PPG season. Ryan Getzlaf did have 4 PPG seasons. Totally comparable.
Tim Connolly also didn't have Ryan and Perry as his wingers, did he. Like I said before, you could have Gaustad as there center and be a 50 pt player. If he could pass like Getz he'd be a 70 point player.

For the sake of argument, let's say Connolly was the center of Ryan and Perry. He probably would be a PPG player or darn close. I say 22 goals and 43-53 assists. And I hate Connolly.

Last edited by sabrescupbound: 08-17-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old
08-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Tim Connolly also didn't have Ryan and Perry as his wingers, did he. Like I said before, you could have Gaustad as there center and be a 50 pt player. If he could pass like Getz he'd be a 70 point player.

For the sake of argument, let's say Connolly was the center of Ryan and Perry. He probably would be a PPG player or darn close. I say 22 goals and 53 assists. And I hate Connolly.
Thats your opinion. Ill take what Getzlaf has done over your opinion on what Connolly or Gaustad would do. Getzlaf IS a PPG player 4 of the last 5 seasons, that is a fact. Neither of the other players are.

Also, since you know these things, I was wondering what Rick Nash's statline will be this year playing with the Rangers?

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
With all due respect, that's one of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard. sabrescupbound, you're down on Getzlaf because he's a terrific passer? That's absurd. How do you think a lot of goals get scored to begin with? Great passing. That's part of the game. It's a team game. If a goal scorer could do it all on his own, teams wouldn't need an entire team to succeed. The NHL would be more like the NBA, where a couple of players make a championship team.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:03 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Thats your opinion. Ill take what Getzlaf has done over your opinion on what Connolly or Gaustad would do. Getzlaf IS a PPG player 4 of the last 5 seasons, that is a fact. Neither of the other players are.

Also, since you know these things, I was wondering what Rick Nash's statline will be this year playing with the Rangers?

I'm sure you would. I just wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near as productive on the Sabres. Well, according to the OP he's be centering Vanek and Ryan so he might. I still wouldn't give the farm away on him. Not like Ryan or Perry.

And to your question, like any player on a new team, he might start out slow but finish strong. I'm saying around 40 goals.

Old
08-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Perry was not a dominant Hart winner his entire career. He only caught up to Getzlaf in the last two years. Try watching a game or two, because it is clear that you took one glance at the stats and are basing all of your judgments on that. Getzlaf had a four year run that Perry hasn't touched. He also had a performance in the '09 playoffs that Perry hasn't come close to equaling in any of his post-season appearances.

Old
08-17-2012, 09:11 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
With all due respect, that's one of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard. sabrescupbound, you're down on Getzlaf because he's a terrific passer? That's absurd. How do you think a lot of goals get scored to begin with? Great passing. That's part of the game. It's a team game. If a goal scorer could do it all on his own, teams wouldn't need an entire team to succeed. The NHL would be more like the NBA, where a couple of players make a championship team.
I said he was a great passer, but he passes to two of the best snipers in the NHL that can bury the puck. But even someone not as good at passing as Getz would get good numbers with those two as winger's. All three guys benefit from each others play. Getz just benefits more. Do you honestly think if Getz played between Drew Stafford and Ville Leino, he'd get 50 some assists?

Old
08-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
I said he was a great passer, but he passes to two of the best snipers in the NHL that can bury the puck. But even someone not as good at passing as Getz would get good numbers with those two as winger's. All three guys benefit from each others play. Getz just benefits more. Do you honestly think if Getz played between Drew Stafford and Ville Leino, he'd get 50 some assists?
This is so wrong. Koivu played a huge chunk of last season centering Bobby and Teemu. Having those two helped, but it didn't turn him into a guy threatening a point-per-game.

Old
08-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Really? Perry is one of the best snipers in the game now? That's fantastic. Before his Hart season, Perry was a top six agitator to most people, who had only hit 30 goals once. I love it. Yeah, your argument just doesn't hold much weight. Getzlaf is the engine that runs that line. Anyone who has actually kept track of Anaheim for more than a couple of games can attest to this. Even Perry's Hart-winning season passes a level of credit to Getzlaf, as it wasn't until Getzlaf returned from injury that Perry's numbers skyrocketed.

Old
08-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
This is so wrong. Koivu played a huge chunk of last season centering Bobby and Teemu. Having those two helped, but it didn't turn him into a guy threatening a point-per-game.
This is another excellent point. You'd expect those two to carry Koivu to great numbers, but that certainly hasn't been the case.

Old
08-17-2012, 09:19 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Perry was not a dominant Hart winner his entire career. He only caught up to Getzlaf in the last two years. Try watching a game or two, because it is clear that you took one glance at the stats and are basing all of your judgments on that. Getzlaf had a four year run that Perry hasn't touched. He also had a performance in the '09 playoffs that Perry hasn't come close to equaling in any of his post-season appearances.
I didn't say I would trade the farm for Perry 2 years ago. I would now though. He's proven to be a lethal sniper. And Getzlaf has been on a decline. He'd have to prove he's still an elite center before I'd give my teams future away on him

Old
08-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
I didn't say I would trade the farm for Perry 2 years ago. I would now though. He's proven to be a lethal sniper. And Getzlaf has been on a decline. He'd have to prove he's still an elite center before I'd give my teams future away on him
Oh do tell. Tell me more about this decline. Is that a decline that saw him put up 76 points in 67 games? A pace that is consistent with the year before, and the year before that? Oh, and the year before that? One bad season isn't a decline, it's an anomaly.