HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 CBJ Offseason Part III (Proposals, Speculations, Blog Rumors, etc. go here)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-16-2012, 01:13 PM
  #526
DJOpus
Registered User
 
DJOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
And to be fair, Kopitar would have been way off-the-board, even moreso than the Johansen pick.
Kopitar was rated in the top 6 by most agencies.

The general consensus was that there was a clear #1 - Crosby and than five players of similar status afterwards: Johnson, Brule, Ryan, Poulliot, and Kopitar. Price was a high end goalie but goalies can go any where in the draft.

Here's TSN's rankings which is a basically a list made based on 20 scouts Bob Mackenzie knows well: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=7006

Crosby, Johnson, Pouliot, Ryan, Kopitar, Brule, Price


Last edited by DJOpus: 08-16-2012 at 01:20 PM.
DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:43 PM
  #527
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,444
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
My reaction to Fliatov was basically "great, Zherdev except done right!"
So you liked the Filatov pick or what? Or pray tell, it's stump the HF board reader again? ... lol (credit goes to Paul Ryan "stump the running mate" media ad hoc interview at the Iowa state fair a few days ago)..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:26 PM
  #528
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
These comments must be some strange kind of time warp. People still arguing Brule and an old Russian player from the Nash era.

Maybe HF has a new "Timeline" feature?

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:41 AM
  #529
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,444
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
These comments must be some strange kind of time warp. People still arguing Brule and an old Russian player from the Nash era.

Maybe HF has a new "Timeline" feature?
Time, space, and general relativity is something the great minds of the HF CBJ board is surely cognizant of... that said, there is some worthy CBJ history albeit limited.


Last edited by Robert: 08-17-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:35 AM
  #530
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 1900
In regards to Ryan Johnansen, on the show Oil Change which airs on NHL network and follows Oilers, you see a scene where Tambellini makes an offer to Howson because they really wanted to draft Ryan. He hangs up the phone and announces to the table they (the CBJ) are keeping the pick. I believe they bleeped out the offer but it involved draft picks and a veteran. (presumably Hemsky?)

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 10:07 AM
  #531
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
In regards to Ryan Johnansen, on the show Oil Change which airs on NHL network and follows Oilers, you see a scene where Tambellini makes an offer to Howson because they really wanted to draft Ryan. He hangs up the phone and announces to the table they (the CBJ) are keeping the pick. I believe they bleeped out the offer but it involved draft picks and a veteran. (presumably Hemsky?)
Howson wanted Eberle (don't even get Viqsi started on this )

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:21 PM
  #532
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,117
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
In regards to Ryan Johnansen, on the show Oil Change which airs on NHL network and follows Oilers, you see a scene where Tambellini makes an offer to Howson because they really wanted to draft Ryan. He hangs up the phone and announces to the table they (the CBJ) are keeping the pick. I believe they bleeped out the offer but it involved draft picks and a veteran. (presumably Hemsky?)
If they've bleeped it out, that's a new development. I watched it a while after the fact, and what Tambellini said at the time was "They [CBJ] wanted Jordan".

And yeah, Edmonton fans spent two years desperately trying to ignore that or claim that it was somehow no longer valid.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:39 PM
  #533
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard
 
CBJWennberg41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 13,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
If they've bleeped it out, that's a new development. I watched it a while after the fact, and what Tambellini said at the time was "They [CBJ] wanted Jordan".

And yeah, Edmonton fans spent two years desperately trying to ignore that or claim that it was somehow no longer valid.
What are you talking about? Hemsky, Omark, and a 2nd are totally worth Johansen. And that's being nice. Hell, we have to throw in Jenner and a 1st to get Pitlick too.


CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:46 PM
  #534
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,117
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
What are you talking about? Hemsky, Omark, and a 2nd are totally worth Johansen. And that's being nice. Hell, we have to throw in Jenner and a 1st to get Pitlick too.


Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 05:03 PM
  #535
Ar-too
Registered User
 
Ar-too's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 10,349
vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
These comments must be some strange kind of time warp. People still arguing Brule and an old Russian player from the Nash era.

Maybe HF has a new "Timeline" feature?
Is this where I'm suppsed to say I don't think DM deserved to be fired?

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 05:42 PM
  #536
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
Is this where I'm suppsed to say I don't think DM deserved to be fired?
Only if we're going back to years 1-3.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 06:43 PM
  #537
JacketsFanWest
Registered User
 
JacketsFanWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Kopitar was rated in the top 6 by most agencies.

The general consensus was that there was a clear #1 - Crosby and than five players of similar status afterwards: Johnson, Brule, Ryan, Poulliot, and Kopitar. Price was a high end goalie but goalies can go any where in the draft.

Here's TSN's rankings which is a basically a list made based on 20 scouts Bob Mackenzie knows well: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=7006

Crosby, Johnson, Pouliot, Ryan, Kopitar, Brule, Price
Kopitar is an example reason why teams have increased their Euro scouting. There was a big difference in the teams that had scouted him and those that hadn't. But it took a lot of effort to see him play well.

Probably a lot of NHL scouts saw him in the Elite League playoffs where he did jacksquat and looked overwhelmed and might have looked overhyped.

His draft year he primarily played in the Swedish junior league where a lot of players score tons of points and never progress past that. He also played in the Division 1 WJC for Slovenia. He scored lot of points, but against far less competition.

It's a situation where a GM might have reason to doubt the scouting reports and go with a more known commodity, like Brule or other players that were chosen before Kopitar like Jack Skille, Devin Setoguchi and Brian Lee.

It used to be that scouts didn't bother looking at the Swedish junior leagues or lower level leagues because they believed they would see the top players in the Elite League or on the Swedish national teams. Now there's far more scouting of other leagues because players were slipping through the cracks.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:05 PM
  #538
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,035
vCash: 500
Here's how the CBJ players rate in NHL 13. Yes, I know it's meaningless, but this is already the longest freakin offseason! By contrast, Rick Nash gets an 87.


leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:13 PM
  #539
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard
 
CBJWennberg41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 13,957
vCash: 500
Mkay so Dorsett has over 10 goals and is worse than Boll. Nikitin has almost 10 goals as a Dman and is 74. Makes sense.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:25 PM
  #540
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Mkay so Dorsett has over 10 goals and is worse than Boll.
Boll is cuter.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:27 PM
  #541
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Boll is cuter.
Has your account been hijacked by CBJCougar?!?

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 10:25 PM
  #542
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Here's how the CBJ players rate in NHL 13. Yes, I know it's meaningless, but this is already the longest freakin offseason! By contrast, Rick Nash gets an 87.

WTF? Honestly. Brass a 79 and Moore/Nikitin = 74?

PS: Where the hell is Atkinson. I bet hes like a 75. Even better apparently Mason > Bob

Gagnefan924 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:18 PM
  #543
GoJackets1
Someday.
 
GoJackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
They changed the rating system this year so there's a bigger difference between star players and average players. So this is about what I expected. Nonetheless, nikitin at 74 is ridiculous. So is having boll better than dorse as some have said

GoJackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:32 PM
  #544
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,117
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
WTF? Honestly. Brass a 79 and Moore/Nikitin = 74?

PS: Where the hell is Atkinson. I bet hes like a 75. Even better apparently Mason > Bob
Atkinson is a Blue Jackets late round pick, so he's probably not even included in the game since he's obviously never going to get anywhere.

This is not the sort of thing you look at if you're looking to see in-depth-research results, fairness, respect, sanity, rationality, or really anything at all other than what misperceptions we get to correct for the next several months.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:41 PM
  #545
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
This is not the sort of thing you look at if you're looking to see in-depth-research results, fairness, respect, sanity, rationality, or really anything at all other than what misperceptions we get to correct for the next several months.
Are you talking about The Hockey News?

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:19 AM
  #546
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,117
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Are you talking about The Hockey News?
My apologies for my lack of clarity or specificity.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 03:02 AM
  #547
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Atkinson is a Blue Jackets late round pick, so he's probably not even included in the game since he's obviously never going to get anywhere.

This is not the sort of thing you look at if you're looking to see in-depth-research results, fairness, respect, sanity, rationality, or really anything at all other than what misperceptions we get to correct for the next several months.
To be fair, Atkinson gets pretty good in the current version of the game. Wouldn't doubt it if he was fairly rated.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 09:09 AM
  #548
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."
 
CBJSprague24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 52mi from the Nat
Country: United States
Posts: 6,828
vCash: 500
How is Mason above 80?

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 09:16 AM
  #549
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
How is Mason above 80?
How is Mason still in the NHL?

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 06:10 PM
  #550
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,813
vCash: 500
As someone said previously, NHL13 revamped the ratings system.

However, Dorsett being worse than Boll and Nikitin being equal to Moore doesn't make much sense. Maybe we haven't seen the potential grades yet?

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.