Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:02 PM
tyratoku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
I would rather it not change
Me neither, but I can see why/how some people would object.

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:30 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Since this is a pre-agreed upon method, I don't think we need to change it. I don't think anyone thinks it was rigged or anything. It's just something we should consider for future fantasy games.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:02 AM
LordFletcher

just got back in town. I have a lot of catching up to do.... I will report tomorrow

LordFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

So my sleeping schedule right now is going to bed at around 8 a.m. and waking up around 5 p.m. At this point, I think the best thing I can do is just pull an all nighter and go to bed really early the following night.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'll take #3 and learn from my draft mistakes last year

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:12 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Got around to changing my name. Boats 'N H...

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:57 PM
forthewild

Changed name to Gator's *****es

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Wild48
Ski U Mah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Looking at the commissioner tools, I see that you can finalize team list, and I can set teams in a draft order by hand, but I'm not sure if it has a randomizer thing. At least, I can't find anything about it.

I could definitely be wrong though. After we get everyone signed up officially, I'll see if any new options open up.

So, I guess, take the draft order I posted with a grain of salt, people. It could change.
Draft order is set at random unless you put in your own draft order.

Wild48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Piffles

Well, my plans changed. I'll be on a lake ~400 miles from "Home" at the time of the draft. If anyone wants to take my spot, I'll give it up, because doing an auto-draft feels a little lame. Just let me know soon or I'll go through ranking all the players.

Piffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Eidyia

_----

Eidyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:35 PM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffles View Post
Well, my plans changed. I'll be on a lake ~400 miles from "Home" at the time of the draft. If anyone wants to take my spot, I'll give it up, because doing an auto-draft feels a little lame. Just let me know soon or I'll go through ranking all the players.
Sorry to hear that man. I see no one has responded. It's been a few days, what are you thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild48 View Post
Draft order is set at random unless you put in your own draft order.
Yeah, I just saw that. Yahoo can set its own draft order 30 minutes before the draft, or we can go with the random list I did earlier. I feel like if I ask "Which do you all prefer" would just end up with the top half of the draft saying "keep the list" while the back half would say "let yahoo do it".

Personally, even with first overall, I don't really care. It's up to the league. I'm no dictator. What does everyone want to do?

Old
08-17-2012, 02:12 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Yeah, I just saw that. Yahoo can set its own draft order 30 minutes before the draft, or we can go with the random list I did earlier. I feel like if I ask "Which do you all prefer" would just end up with the top half of the draft saying "keep the list" while the back half would say "let yahoo do it".

Personally, even with first overall, I don't really care. It's up to the league. I'm no dictator. What does everyone want to do?
We had agreed prior to the lottery that we would use your lottery. We shouldn't change it now (even though that would almost certainly improve my draft position).

Old
08-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Quote:
Sorry to hear that man. I see no one has responded. It's been a few days, what are you thinking?

I'd rather keep it. For selfish reasons and because I have spent quite a bit of time mocking and researching #2 overall.

Old
08-17-2012, 02:55 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

So who's missing from the league yet? We have 16 teams on the draft order list but only 14 teams in the league right now.

Old
08-17-2012, 03:03 PM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
So who's missing from the league yet? We have 16 teams on the draft order list but only 14 teams in the league right now.
Username Team Name
tyratoku Textual Tyrannosaurs
Generic User Balls Deep
saywut Lindley by Midseason
piffles Call Me AP
forthewild Twins
Jarick No Touching!
This Providence Boats 'N H...
Tartan Tartan Titans
Wild48 the Fightin Midgets
Avder Threshecutioners
elnewby For Liberty!
MN Bounty Hunting
forthewild Gator's *****es
00xtremeninja Xtremeninjas
squidz Yeo Momma
LordFletcher 
Victorious Secret 

As far as I can tell, the bottom two are the two we're missing. Victorious and Fletcher. I sent PMs to both a few days ago with the league details, hopefully they'll figure it out by tomorrow or I'll send another.

Old
08-18-2012, 12:31 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

vCash: 50
Man, I spend a week away from the boards and come back to see I got screwed in the draft.

15/16? **** me.

So, 9 days to do my remaining research and somehow strike gold at the bottom the barrel. Hooo-boy.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:03 PM
LordFletcher

I just signed in, tried a few days ago but was on the 4 letter word evil empires site (ESPN) took a while to realize we were using yahoo

so am I drafting #15 ? doesn't matter to me, just want to confirm. or am I drafting 5th?, I'm thinking 5th per Yahoo but I really have no clue LOL... struggling

also, one suggestion, could we have 2wr / 2rb / 1te / 1flex, not 3wr's??? .... I feel that with 16 teams, we all can't have 3wr's that will be performing and that a flex would really help everyone out. just a thought. thanks

Old
08-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Man, I spend a week away from the boards and come back to see I got screwed in the draft.

15/16? **** me.

So, 9 days to do my remaining research and somehow strike gold at the bottom the barrel. Hooo-boy.
There's a ton of gold to potentially strike in the first 4 rounds of the draft, even with 16 teams. And then there will be tons of value picks after that. With 15 and 18 you will end up with very quality, potentially elite players, instead of just one that the first few drafters get.

Old
08-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Piffles

Quote:
Time to start ranking, hope I get lucky, and have some fun with it.

Piffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 02:00 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
There's a ton of gold to potentially strike in the first 4 rounds of the draft, even with 16 teams. And then there will be tons of value picks after that. With 15 and 18 you will end up with very quality, potentially elite players, instead of just one that the first few drafters get.
agreed. In a 16 man league, the order is almost worthless. I can tell ya that this is the one time that I would rather be stuck in the middle than on the ends, too much of a gap but still value to be found every where. I have never been in a 16 man league before, so this will be interesting. Whom ever wins this, most likely didn't have any major injuries and or his bench RB's became great point producing starters after the first waves of injuries. Will be fun to play

Old
08-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
agreed. In a 16 man league, the order is almost worthless. I can tell ya that this is the one time that I would rather be stuck in the middle than on the ends, too much of a gap but still value to be found every where. I have never been in a 16 man league before, so this will be interesting. Whom ever wins this, most likely didn't have any major injuries and or his bench RB's became great point producing starters after the first waves of injuries. Will be fun to play
I'm the exact opposite, but I get what you're saying. Though I never really have been afraid to "reach". If I want someone, and there's even a hint of doubt that they won't be there the next time I pick, I take him. I've been doing 14 team mocks at #2 on Yahoo (can't mock 16) and I've been quite happy with my teams.

Old
08-18-2012, 02:20 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
I'm the exact opposite, but I get what you're saying. Though I never really have been afraid to "reach". If I want someone, and there's even a hint of doubt that they won't be there the next time I pick, I take him. I've been doing 14 team mocks at #2 on Yahoo (can't mock 16) and I've been quite happy with my teams.
The issue that people run into is they're often poor at making their first selection. I mean, look at the first round of last year's draft, half the guys in that ended up at best being a little below average at their positions. So people see that and think "well being at the top doesn't help because I picked poorly at the top." Being later, it's just easier to pick because you have fewer choices. For reference, here's our outcome:

Final PlaceDraft Order
1st2nd
2nd8th
3rd15th
4th1st
5th9th
6th3rd
7th7th
8th10th
9th14th
10th5th
11th4th
12th16th
13th12th
14th13th
15th11th
16th6th

So of those who made the playoffs (top 8), only the guy picking 15th (He got Drew Brees in the second round to carry his team) was significantly below the half line. The guys with the first, second, and third picks all made the playoffs and managed to win a game in the post season. Picking early in a league this large makes things much much easier. It's not impossible to come from the back, but it's certainly harder as you need two well above average players in the first two rounds or need to find an elite player with one of your picks in order to dig out of that hole.

Edit: And to add, while 7th-10th all made the playoffs, only the guy who picked up Calvin Johnson in the second round managed to do anything once there.

Old
08-18-2012, 03:31 PM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
The issue that people run into is they're often poor at making their first selection. I mean, look at the first round of last year's draft, half the guys in that ended up at best being a little below average at their positions. So people see that and think "well being at the top doesn't help because I picked poorly at the top." Being later, it's just easier to pick because you have fewer choices. For reference, here's our outcome:

Final PlaceDraft Order
1st2nd
2nd8th
3rd15th
4th1st
5th9th
6th3rd
7th7th
8th10th
9th14th
10th5th
11th4th
12th16th
13th12th
14th13th
15th11th
16th6th

So of those who made the playoffs (top 8), only the guy picking 15th (He got Drew Brees in the second round to carry his team) was significantly below the half line. The guys with the first, second, and third picks all made the playoffs and managed to win a game in the post season. Picking early in a league this large makes things much much easier. It's not impossible to come from the back, but it's certainly harder as you need two well above average players in the first two rounds or need to find an elite player with one of your picks in order to dig out of that hole.

Edit: And to add, while 7th-10th all made the playoffs, only the guy who picked up Calvin Johnson in the second round managed to do anything once there.
I don't want to make an excuse for me, but I finished in 11th place and took Peyton Manning with my first round choice. The draft was a few days before he announced he was not going to play last season. For the first few weeks of the season, I lost every game. But smart waiver wire pick ups and some decent trades(Ochocinco for Fitzpatrick, who for a good portion of the season was a great QB) almost got me into a good position. Also, getting LeSean McCoy in the 2nd round was great as well. He pretty much carried my team for long stretches last season. Almost debating trying to snag him this year.

IIRC, the 8-12 portion of our league was really close at the end there. But I could be wrong and mixing that up with our hockey league from last year.

So, anyone want to offer a trade for 1st overall? Jarick? Generic User? Care to entertain me with an offer?

1st Overall + 32nd Overall for 2/3rd Overall + 30/31 Overall?

Old
08-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Quote:
So, anyone want to offer a trade for 1st overall? Jarick? Generic User? Care to entertain me with an offer?
No thanks. I'm perfectly content taking whoever you don't take at 1 at 2