HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2012, 12:59 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Honestly maybe it's just me but i've never ever been impressed with Huberdeau
If I was Bergevin their would be two players that Florida has worth trading for Gudbranson (Hab fan) and Ellerby (Price's cousin).Both are big defencemen,can carry the puck and play good defensively.Just sayin.

Old
08-16-2012, 12:59 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Rielly @ 5 ? lol.

I would of been happy drafting Rielly 3rd overall but I'm happy with how things worked out.

I'm glad Toronto got Rielly, there's a lot of Leaf games on tv and they used to be more or less unwatchable.
If you're from my generation (born: 1983) you don't really hate the Leafs. They were never good at the same time as the Habs.

I hate the Bruins, our only rival of the past 20 years.

I'd like to see the Leafs make the playoffs before 2020, it'd be good for Canada in my opinion.

Old
08-17-2012, 03:40 PM
StringerBell

What would you guys want in return for Eller?

Old
08-17-2012, 03:56 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
A lot, he's already an excellent 3rd line center and he has the potential to be a good 2nd line center.

A 1st rounder and a good prospect. Add in a 2nd rounder if the 1st rounder is from a good team and thus likely in the range 20-30.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:03 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
From which team?

Old
08-17-2012, 04:08 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
From which team?
To Vancouver eventually, but I was more curious in a general sense. I'm trying to formulate a 3 team deal where we trade Luongo to Florida or somewhere and their assets (with maybe a plus from Van) are sent to you in exchange for Eller.

I figured Floridas 2013 1st, likely in the 8-16 range, plus some bottom 6th help to replace Eller now would be a good basis. Maybe toss in Matthias to cover #3 center duties until Galley is ready to make the jump.

Last edited by StringerBell: 08-17-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old
08-17-2012, 04:34 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
To Vancouver eventually, but I was more curious in a general sense. I'm trying to formulate a 3 team deal where ....
Yea this won't work.

If it were my call, I wouldn't trade Eller for anything less than a guaranteed top-15 2013 pick.. for now. Eller and Matthias are equal and I'd rather keep the younger one.

Also glaring weaknesses on the team are a minute-eating #3 dman and a legitimate 2nd line LW.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:34 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
To Vancouver eventually, but I was more curious in a general sense. I'm trying to formulate a 3 team deal where we trade Luongo to Florida or somewhere and their assets (with maybe a plus from Van) are sent to you in exchange for Eller.

I figured Floridas 2013 1st, likely in the 8-16 range, plus some bottom 6th help to replace Eller now would be a good basis. Maybe toss in Matthias to cover #3 center duties until Galley is ready to make the jump.
Eller is close to us in value as Staal was to PIT. Obviously he is a lite version ie. little bit shorter, and doesn't quite have his scoring pedigree but he is an elite third liner and with him gone so are our chances at running three strong scoring lines. He's not going to return a heck of a lot and will break out sooner or later, so there's no point in trading him. Not interested in a first rounder for him + some patchwork.

Old
08-17-2012, 05:06 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Yea this won't work.

If it were my call, I wouldn't trade Eller for anything less than a guaranteed top-15 2013 pick.. for now. Eller and Matthias are equal and I'd rather keep the younger one.

Also glaring weaknesses on the team are a minute-eating #3 dman and a legitimate 2nd line LW.
I'm sorry, but why wont this work? Although there are no guarantees in this league, I would be shocked if Florida repeats as division champs over Tampa, Carolina and Washington. I think there's an 80% chance of Florida picking in the top 15, and next years draft looks to be very good. If you think Matthias is too old then maybe Drew Shore would be more intriguing. I'm sure Florida would be willing to send Kopecky to push Bourque at LW.

Florida 2013 1st, Kopecky, + Matthias/Shore

Personally I think a projected mid round 1st, 2nd/3rd line tweener and recent 2nd rounder who's developed wonderfully since being drafted is great value for Eller. If you guys don't see it then I guess there's nothing more to be said.

Old
08-17-2012, 06:15 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
I'm sorry, but why wont this work? Although there are no guarantees in this league, I would be shocked if Florida repeats as division champs over Tampa, Carolina and Washington. I think there's an 80% chance of Florida picking in the top 15, and next years draft looks to be very good. If you think Matthias is too old then maybe Drew Shore would be more intriguing. I'm sure Florida would be willing to send Kopecky to push Bourque at LW.

Personally I think a projected mid round 1st, 2nd/3rd line tweener and recent 2nd rounder who's developed wonderfully since being drafted is great value for Eller. If you guys don't see it then I guess there's nothing more to be said.
The value is great, perhaps even an over payment... but like I said we would be changing the dynamic of the team and he still has a lot of untapped potential. It's not worth trading him at the moment.

How often do you see young centermen with size that are on the cusp of breaking out traded for first rounders? Unless they are traded for a similar chip at a different position (Halak-Eller).

Old
08-17-2012, 06:19 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:

Florida would never do this. Tallon is crazy but not this crazy. 3-team trades just don't work.

Old
08-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I'm personally a big fan of Zack Kassian. If the Habs could get Kassian and the Panthers' first, I'd consider trading Eller... consider I said, right?

Old
08-17-2012, 11:33 PM
StringerBell

Thanks for the responses. Obviously the timing is not right on this deal. Maybe once Galchenyuk proves ready for top 9 duties then Eller will be considered more expendable. This season will do a lot to determine Ellers value to Montreal going forward I imagine.

Old
08-17-2012, 11:40 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Thanks for the responses. Obviously the timing is not right on this deal. Maybe once Galchenyuk proves ready for top 9 duties then Eller will be considered more expendable. This season will do a lot to determine Ellers value to Montreal going forward I imagine.

Old
08-18-2012, 02:38 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
Hate to say it, but Reilly was outstanding
Hate to say it, but if Burke gets his **** together, I could see Habs and Laffs in a conference final in three years. Oh boy. That would be so ****ing awesome. There will be blood.

Old
08-18-2012, 03:13 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
If you're from my generation (born: 1983) you don't really hate the Leafs. They were never good at the same time as the Habs.

I'd like to see the Leafs make the playoffs before 2020, it'd be good for Canada in my opinion.
My generation is X. Early sixties. And it's true, the Leafs have been a joke my entire life. I don't hate them. Why bother?

I hate teams, and I still do, that have in some way seriously hurt the Habs, or sucked their way to cups the last 30 years:

Oilers., for eliminating us in 81 I think. Loved the Oil, Mess, Gretz, but **** off. You are my enemy until I die, and even after that.

Flames. Beating us for the cup at the Forum in 89. **** off very much. Lanny McDonald and your stupid 'stache: Die.

Bruins. Loved you in the seventies, because you lost to us when it counted, and because you had Orr and Sanderson.

Hate the new you and your rookie killing Frankenstein's monster. Get off my lawn.

Devils. Hate hate hate. Stupid name. Clutch and grab. Luck out on one the best goalies ever, who plays for 40 ****ing years, and who plays like Terry Sawchuk combined with ****ing Jaques Plante every time he plays us. An everlasting, incurable rash on all of your scrotums.

Tampa. Oh god. Just **** off with your tanking cup, and taking our next 2 chez nous heroes Vinny and Marty, and then still sucking with those 2 after. And your first 'GM' Phil Esposito. What was that?

Please leave the room.

And our special guest: The Sh-itsburgh Penguins, the Masters of Tanking at Just the Right Time.

Sucky ****** team. You were awesomely ****, did you know that? You were giant awful **** until you tanked and grabbed Mario. Another home boy of ours.

I saw you in the sixties and seventies, and you were worse than than Kansas City Scouts. At least they folded. You just went on and on like a guest that will not leave a late night party.

I loved you in the seventies because you lost politely. Now you fart in my direction every year.

Wash my car. Twice.

Forget the Laffs, I love the Laffs. The above teams are the ones we should hate until we die.

Old
08-18-2012, 03:48 AM
bsl

Quote:

Let's drop Matthias from the convo:

Florida 2013 1st, which may be a top ten, Kopecky, + Shore.

For Eller.

Yeah I do this in one second, with Gally in the system and another top ten pick next year to add to the one you give us.

Your team will not make this trade.

Why do you want Eller so much?

Last edited by bsl: 08-18-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old
08-18-2012, 09:07 AM
NateTheGr8

vCash: 291
My favorite team is the habs, my favorite player is David Backes. Id love to have him on the team. Rene Bourque + 2/3 Round Pick? too little for backes?

Old
08-18-2012, 09:10 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallyisabeaut View Post
My favorite team is the habs, my favorite player is David Backes. Id love to have him on the team. Rene Bourque + 2/3 Round Pick? too little for backes?
Yes. Backes is St. Louis' MVP.

Old
08-18-2012, 09:17 AM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Quote:
Do you know who David Backes is?

Old
08-18-2012, 12:26 PM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

Didn't you ever read or see "The Sweater?". Locusts, man, that's how I feel about the Leafs. A French Canadian can never like the Leafs, that is tyranny. I do hate the Bruins more than the Leafs, but I consider both arch enemies.
As for a trade how about Bourque for Jason Demers? San Hoser needs more goons to keep up with the Kings, and Bourque is spared the merciless booing he was getting a taste of last year, which will only grow with poor performance. Demers would be a nice 3rd pairing defenseman, with Bouillon, and a good QB for the 2nd PP unit. Would allow us to trade Weber for a pick, or a prospect, and open up the competition among forwards a little more...

Old
08-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Too little ? Try way too little.

Old
08-19-2012, 03:43 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
My generation is X. Early sixties. And it's true, the Leafs have been a joke my entire life. I don't hate them. Why bother?

I hate teams, and I still do, that have in some way seriously hurt the Habs, or sucked their way to cups the last 30 years:

Oilers., for eliminating us in 81 I think. Loved the Oil, Mess, Gretz, but **** off. You are my enemy until I die, and even after that.

Flames. Beating us for the cup at the Forum in 89. **** off very much. Lanny McDonald and your stupid 'stache: Die.

Bruins. Loved you in the seventies, because you lost to us when it counted, and because you had Orr and Sanderson.

Hate the new you and your rookie killing Frankenstein's monster. Get off my lawn.

Devils. Hate hate hate. Stupid name. Clutch and grab. Luck out on one the best goalies ever, who plays for 40 ****ing years, and who plays like Terry Sawchuk combined with ****ing Jaques Plante every time he plays us. An everlasting, incurable rash on all of your scrotums.

Tampa. Oh god. Just **** off with your tanking cup, and taking our next 2 chez nous heroes Vinny and Marty, and then still sucking with those 2 after. And your first 'GM' Phil Esposito. What was that?

Please leave the room.

And our special guest: The Sh-itsburgh Penguins, the Masters of Tanking at Just the Right Time.

Sucky ****** team. You were awesomely ****, did you know that? You were giant awful **** until you tanked and grabbed Mario. Another home boy of ours.

I saw you in the sixties and seventies, and you were worse than than Kansas City Scouts. At least they folded. You just went on and on like a guest that will not leave a late night party.

I loved you in the seventies because you lost politely. Now you fart in my direction every year.

Wash my car. Twice.

Forget the Laffs, I love the Laffs. The above teams are the ones we should hate until we die.
epic post

Old
08-19-2012, 04:39 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Let's drop Matthias from the convo:

Florida 2013 1st, which may be a top ten, Kopecky, + Shore.

For Eller.

Yeah I do this in one second, with Gally in the system and another top ten pick next year to add to the one you give us.

Your team will not make this trade.

Why do you want Eller so much?
Yeah you're right, value doesn't add up, Shore is the extra piece. Fair value (IMO) would be:

Florida: Luongo, Raymond, swap 1sts with Van
Montreal: Kopecky, Florida 1st via Van
Vancouver: Eller, Howden

While I see this as fair value, I can certainly understand both other fanbases declining. Montreal would likely demand a small overpayment for Eller and Florida won't want to pay full value for Lu. Like I said in my last post, the timing might be better for a deal like this in the future.

I want Eller because I like both his on ice game and untapped potential. He's exactly what the Canucks need; a versatile, young but established player who's capable of filling in as our #2C until Kesler gets back. Then if he can't stick in the top 6 as a winger he can play next to Hansen on our 3rd line. In a couple years our forwards could theoretically be:

Sedins + Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Higgins
Jensen-Eller-Hansen
Howden-Gaunce-Kassian

But it's all just fun and games really, as we all know.

Old
08-19-2012, 08:30 AM
PKSUBBAN 76
Rookie User

Trade value of David Deshrnais

i think he is worth a good prospect and a pick 2nd round

Closed Thread