Chlpa

Old
08-17-2012, 07:44 PM
moko00

vCash: 500
Chlpa

A union for Major Junior?

http://www.thejuniorhockeynews.com/C...r%20Union.html

please remove thread as it has already been started in another area.

moko00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Spitsfan67*

Lol what's next in the in this league a lockout lol.....why should money even get involved in the sport....NHL might have a lockout personally I think they should stop crying like your getting millions to play the sport u love..what ever happened playing for the love of the game,it's all about money these days in sports and it's not the way it should be.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:24 PM
hockeyfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Lol what's next in the in this league a lockout lol.....why should money even get involved in the sport....NHL might have a lockout personally I think they should stop crying like your getting millions to play the sport u love..what ever happened playing for the love of the game,it's all about money these days in sports and it's not the way it should be.
By that logic you should do your job for the love of it and not worry about the money

hockeyfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Tigers1992

Posted this on the other thread, but remains positive for this one...

It actually reads like a union was formed by third part lawyers, with the hope to attract CHL players. If it was legitimate, players would be quoted in the piece.

And after consulting the website of the 'consulting firm', I think my initial read was correct
http://srsconsulting.webs.com/

I respect that starting businesses can be hard, but the 'Build a free website at Webs.com, followed by the 'God bless this mess' photo above it, plus the 'gmail' address, may question the professionalism/legitimacy of that business.

This may be the lowest point I've seen with third party businesses trying to make money off of CHL players. I highly, highly doubt the legitimacy. The CHL is filled with high power agents, if they wanted a union, theyd work with the NHLPA.

Why would Ian Pulver send his clients to someone who no one has heard of, while he has access to the top minds of the NHLPA? The guy use to run the NHLPA lol.

Last edited by Tigers1992: 08-18-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Posted this on the other thread, but remains positive for this one...

It actually reads like a union was formed by third part lawyers, with the hope to attract CHL players. If it was legitimate, players would be quoted in the piece.

And after consulting the website of the 'consulting firm', I think my initial read was correct
http://srsconsulting.webs.com/

I respect that starting businesses can be hard, but the 'Build a free website at Webs.com, followed by the 'God bless this mess' photo above it, plus the 'gmail' address, may question the professionalism/legitimacy of that business.

This may be the lowest point I've seen with third party businesses trying to make money off of CHL players. I highly, highly doubt the legitimacy. The CHL is filled with high power agents, if they wanted a union, theyd work with the NHLPA.

Why would Ian Pulver send his clients to someone who no one has heard of, while he has access to the top minds of the NHLPA? The guy use to run the NHLPA lol.
^ That...plus since their phone number was local I decided to phone last night. A lady answered and told me I had the wrong number, I then repeated the number to verify and she confirmed it was the right number. Then I mentioned SRS Consulting and she had a puzzled tone to he voice like she never heard about it. When I mentioned the CHLPA she said "oh yeah, that was me"! For me it sounds this was done for lark!
They also have no legit address but give this location.."Located in the beautiful City of Kitchener, Ontario, but not limited to Kitchener, Ontario. Kitchener is right in the heart of South Western Ontario. Services are available throughout Canada. "
They also don't have a listing in the phone book.

Edited to add......Now they've removed their phone number from their website. Now you have to use g-mail to contact them!

Last edited by Ward Cornell: 08-18-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote