HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

United in dislike, NHL fans start boycott

Old
08-17-2012, 10:17 PM
NHLFutureGuy3

vCash: 500
What is the draft order next year if no hockey is played this year?

NHLFutureGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFutureGuy3 View Post
What is the draft order next year if no hockey is played this year?
A lottery, as in 2005. But not every team will have an equal chance. Perhaps some kind poster will provide more detail about how it would work.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:07 PM
sammy d

Yawwwnnnn, I can see the Board of Governors quaking in their boots because of some Twiitter or Facebook campaign.

Lets all tweet what we had for breakfast today, yah, that will get them.

Does Twitter or Facebook serve any real purpose? Not.

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:22 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhouse99 View Post
Grrrrrrr! Unliking stuff on Facebook! Grrrrrr!
Stalin would have tortured and shot them. That's how you get results.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:38 PM
thrillhouse99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
Yawwwnnnn, I can see the Board of Governors quaking in their boots because of some Twiitter or Facebook campaign.

Lets all tweet what we had for breakfast today, yah, that will get them.

Does Twitter or Facebook serve any real purpose? Not.
LOL, its the occupy movement all over again:

WHAT DO WE WANT? WERE NOT SURE!

WHEN DO WE WANT IT? NOW!

thrillhouse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:44 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post

Meh, I just don't think its worth a movement. You wont abandon the sport if you care that much. Apathy is the real danger, its why I didn't watch a basketball game last year.

War, corruption, government policies, charity movements, human rights and oppression of said rights are worth protest, not billionaires and millionaires bickering. Especially when said people know very well that a prolonged labour dispute can hurt them all.
You are not making the connections. There is a direct relation between the apparently trivial problems in the NHL, and war, strife and violence in the world.

It's called fear. Fear of not having money, and being unsafe.

And anger, at people who have too much and do very little to deserve it.

These are huge political problems that humans have never resolved. The fear and anger is now everywhere, endemic, and institutional.

The history of our human world is largely the result of how we have reacted to, and acted on, our fear and anger.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 05:36 AM
Mr. Hab

It would be great to know that fans have that much power...not attending games when the NHL decides to come back (Oct? or Dec2012? 2013?), but it never happens. It would also be great for the players, GMs, owners to realize that the only reason they make ludicrous amounts of $$$ is the fact that fans spend a ludicrous amount of $$$$ on season+playoff tickets, NHL jerseys/hats/t-shirts, arena rip-off beer/hotdogs,etc.

I hope the next CBA is not before 2025 or 2030! (so sick/tired of all these possible lockouts...fire Bettman! ).

Who gets to fire Bettman, anyways? (if this is the 3rd lockout under Bettman...shouldn't he be replaced? what are we waiting for? a 4th lockout under Bettman?).

8mil/year for Bettman so he can improve the NHL...
(and he says he enjoys watching hockey! ).

Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 06:04 AM
Craig71

I love the game and will still tune in once all the crap is over. If the season is on hold at least our Bulldogs will be worth watching. I will also watch video of the 93 cup run and get goosebumps and feel pride in our team for how they fought so hard for the cup.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 08:32 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Bettman will lose to many southern fans with a lockout like they did in 2005, in this American economy....a lockout is the LAST thing they could afford. Won't happen, relax and take some deep breaths. There will be NHL hockey on Oct 4th. 2012.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

We can't mad at something that has not happened yet.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
This generation is confused... movements aren't really movements if doing it from your seat.
My bowel movements would beg to differ?

Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 10:44 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
It would be great to know that fans have that much power...not attending games when the NHL decides to come back (Oct? or Dec2012? 2013?), but it never happens. It would also be great for the players, GMs, owners to realize that the only reason they make ludicrous amounts of $$$ is the fact that fans spend a ludicrous amount of $$$$ on season+playoff tickets, NHL jerseys/hats/t-shirts, arena rip-off beer/hotdogs,etc.

I hope the next CBA is not before 2025 or 2030! (so sick/tired of all these possible lockouts...fire Bettman! ).

Who gets to fire Bettman, anyways? (if this is the 3rd lockout under Bettman...shouldn't he be replaced? what are we waiting for? a 4th lockout under Bettman?).

8mil/year for Bettman so he can improve the NHL...
(and he says he enjoys watching hockey! ).
Bettman is a turd, but he is a hired turd, and doing what the owners want...the owners impose the lockouts, not the Commish...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post
If I ever could "like" a post on this ****** board, this would be it.

You want to boycott the NHL? Don't give money to get channels like TSN/RDS.

Don't buy tickets.

Don't buy products.

Don't buy ANY Molson products.

That's how you show your discontent with something. You use your wallet.
isnt that what i said earlier?

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Zathronas

Oh please!!!!

We may not like it but this is between the players and governors. We have absolutely nothing to do with it. This is how the pie is being divided and we have no say in that. The fans only decide how big the pie is. And please nobody say we'll boycott if we lose a season.

Ain't gonna happen.

Zathronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Roulin

I don't really care about having more teams in Canada in a patriotic way, and I don't really care about "growing the league." But, when the season is being threatened, it seems to me that the benefits of relocation become obvious. Even moving two teams (say, Phoenix and whichever of Florida/NJ/NYI in in the most trouble) to the GTA and one of QC/Seattle seems like it would grow the middle class, make the owners' position less desperate, make revenue sharing less important, increase the revenue pot and therefore the players' share...

From the Maple Leafs' POV, is avoiding future competition from another GTA team really worth labor problems and the threat of being a "have" in a revenue sharing scheme? Even if there is a payoff to encourage them to waive their right to keep a team out of the region?

For the league, what will help their mission to "grow the game in the US" more - insistence on maintaining a presence in failing markets, or consistently putting out a quality product, without stoppages?

If I were involved in the NHLPA, I would also be making noise about supporting relocation. With "cost certainty," player salaries are being handicapped by the league's decision to maintain a team in Phoenix, even though not a single potential owner is willing to invest any financial risk into keeping the team in town. The union appears to be backing revenue sharing instead, probably because it is the less controversial option and they value public support, but ultimately relocation seems to me like a better solution for most concerned.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Bettman will lose to many southern fans with a lockout like they did in 2005, in this American economy....a lockout is the LAST thing they could afford. Won't happen, relax and take some deep breaths. There will be NHL hockey on Oct 4th. 2012.
I really do admire your optimism, but I just don't see that happening. Hope you're right.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 01:05 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Hilarious. Don't renew your season's tickets or stuff like that, that's about all that will really be noticed.
Yep, if the owners get their way in this conflict and the ticket prices don't go down, as anyone could predict, hit them where it hurts: Their immediate revenue stream.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Andy

Boycotting hockey? Lol. Remember when people used to protest about real issues like gender, sexual and racial equality before the law?

Now we protest hockey, free downloading and other ridiculous things. Not only that, but they want to boycott from their seat, no one wants to lift a finger. First World problems.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Classified

Good, everyone can stop being a fan for all I care, it'll be easier for me to get tickets when hockey does start.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 10:24 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Money, cash, moolah: thats what talks the loudest! Have a movement start saying that fans will NOT attend any NHL game until the owners start acting like intelligent people and not kiddies and then the numbers and lack of money and attendance will make things move.

The owners are not the bosses of this sport, WE ARE!! No team can operate in front of nearly empty arenas! WE make the rules not them... Ultimately WE decide!

Tell that to the Yotes they operagte in front of almost no fans every home game lol.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 12:15 AM
NORiculous

Stop buying any related products for it to have any weight. Doing this until the puck drops would be an interesting twist.

NORiculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 12:17 AM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I don't even know where to start with this comment. First of all, this is not a 'movement' and I wouldn't label it as such.

Furthermore, you do know that political activity and civil society evolves with each era right? The internet, and other information mediums will always play a very large role in grassroots movements. They are used in interest groups (registration, mail information, internet, newspapers ect) through their various information campaigns. These mediums are also at the core of many movements because of their ability to unite people from different regions and expand awareness quickly.

This is the information age, you are expecting things not to have an internet component to it?
I fully expect things to have an internet component to it. 100% agree. But has people ***** and whining on the internet ever done anything? How did Kony work out? funny you don't hear about it anymore what so ever. Fact is arm char protesters don't do anything for society and further more do nothing to benefit anyone other than hearing ones opinion. I have never ever heard of social media changing ANYTHING wheather its politics or something as dumb and ridiculous as unfollowing someone from the NHL on twitter.

Why fix whats already broken? the way to be REALLY heard is to get out on the streets. Protests have gotten us further in society than anything else. Take women's right for example. Sure we would likely be living in an equal society either way but I can guarantee you that their rights would have been granted a lot later in the world if it weren't for getting out there and having a legit voice and not hiding behind a ****ing computer.

sorry im not behind the people that are too lazy to actually physically get out there and show what they believe in. I pray your under 20 yrs old cause it would make much more sense as that generation thinks the internet is what keeps the world moving

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 12:20 AM
NORiculous

Social media can only help spread the word of not buying any related products till the puck drops.

NORiculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 12:22 AM
sammy d

Everyone, please boycott this forum immediately, boy, we'll get those owners.

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
"United in delusion, NHL fans take laziest approach possible"

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote