HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash+S.Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part III)

Old
08-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmike View Post
the team didn't lose that much depth. Erixon was not on the team so he can't be counted on the depth chart. Nash replaces either Dubinsky or Anisimov so the team only really loses one player off the depth chart
Erixon was definitely on our depth chart..

08-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Erixon was definitely on our depth chart..
On paper sure, but was he in reality? Torts didn't think he would fit the teams style.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Apparently, Dubi doesn't miss NY too much.

Aaron Portzline@Aportzline
Dubinsky indicated he won't miss living in Manhattan, said it was a bit ... too big for him. First impression of Columbus? "It's so quiet."

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
On paper sure, but was he in reality? Torts didn't think he would fit the teams style.
I'm not saying I disagree with the trade, because I don't, but Erixon is how old? Saying he wouldn't fit the team's style this early is ridiculous. He played in the NHL for what, half a season?

Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
I'm not saying I disagree with the trade, because I don't, but Erixon is how old? Saying he wouldn't fit the team's style this early is ridiculous. He played in the NHL for what, half a season?
Agree to an extent, but how long do you have to wait to evaluate a player and figure out he isn't going to be able to play the style you want to build your team around? Generally the quicker you can identify those things the better. He could turn out to be a shot blocking machine and Torts will have been wrong, or he won't which is probably most likely. Erixon might develop a more well rounded game than say MDZ but MDZ has a little snarl to his game that I never saw in Erixon.

Old
08-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
Agree to an extent, but how long do you have to wait to evaluate a player and figure out he isn't going to be able to play the style you want to build your team around? Generally the quicker you can identify those things the better. He could turn out to be a shot blocking machine and Torts will have been wrong, or he won't which is probably most likely. Erixon might develop a more well rounded game than say MDZ but MDZ has a little snarl to his game that I never saw in Erixon.
Erixon would have most likely made the Rangers team this upcoming season. This would have been a season which we can fairly judge him.

It makes no difference now. We will see how he plays on Columbus.

Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Erixon would have most likely made the Rangers team this upcoming season. This would have been a season which we can fairly judge him.

It makes no difference now. We will see how he plays on Columbus.
Yeah except the Rangers wanted Nash and couldn't wait to see how Erixon turned out, they needed to make an assessment on the fly, which Torts had already made apparently.

Old
08-18-2012, 09:29 AM
petejudge

there was no way you could have made the move without dealing a defenseman, and since erixon and del zotto are both basically 3rd pairing left-handed defensemen at this point, it had to be one of those two. erixon doesn't fit on the team if they believe del zotto is a long term answer, unless you ask somebody to switch from their natural position. yeah, it sucks to lose that depth and not get any sort of realistic defensive prospect back, but we don't have a need on the left side right now. our biggest need is a top 4 right-handed defenseman, and hopefully sauer can come back, stralman can prove himself worthy, or mcilrath can step up and make a splash.

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:36 AM
RichieCallyGabby

I just have a bad feeling (well, good for them) that the three boys we let go will continue to bud into great players. The one who scares me the most is Artie, he was PERPETUALLY being shopped for a trade, since at least, the trade deadline of the '11 season. If he is clear headed now and just continues to grow, then catches fire, watch out... Yikes.

RichieCallyGabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:01 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

No worried about loosing Erixon at all.

Maybe he could have been the 1st pairing wiz kid lot of people thought he would eventually become but to me he most resembles Tom Poti in a lot of ways and there is no way a Poti type Dman would work in a Torts run team.

IMO, the risk/reward evaluation of including him in the Nash deal was a no bainer.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:01 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Torts and Renney are almost polar opposites.

Renney is a likeable guy, gives his players a lot of rope but ultimately is a pretty average coach.

Torts is not terribly likeable, is a control freak but ultimately is an above average coach.

But at the end of the day, Torts gets better results. Like him or not.
everyone says torts in't very likeable...but i absolutely love everything about the guy lol

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
everyone says torts in't very likeable...but i absolutely love everything about the guy lol
Same here.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:26 PM
RichieCallyGabby

Quote:
everyone says torts in't very likeable...but i absolutely love everything about the guyl
Agreed. IMO Torts is the best coach to have one the cup in the last ten years, I wouldn't want any other guy running our team. He's done a great job with the players he's had the opportunity to work with.

Old
08-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

People keep talking about how Dubi is going to break out. When? 6 years in the NHL already.

Anisimov? He tops out as a two way 45 point center at MOST. And he gets rocked pretty much every ten games. He has to keep his head up out there.

Erixon is the only one who MIGHT amount to something great. And we still have MacIlrath and Skjei waiting.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
People keep talking about how Dubi is going to break out. When? 6 years in the NHL already.

Anisimov? He tops out as a two way 45 point center at MOST. And he gets rocked pretty much every ten games. He has to keep his head up out there.

Erixon is the only one who MIGHT amount to something great. And we still have MacIlrath and Skjei waiting.
Anisimov was my favorite prospect of all time.

I hyped this kid up like no other.

Look at his AHL stats at age 20, they were remarkable.

Look at his size, I was thinking he was going to become Malkin 2.0 and tear **** up with Zherdev, who was Ovechkin 2.0.

He's still pretty young and I wouldn't be shocked to see a breakout season from him. He's had the talent, but he needs to put his head together to become a 2nd line center.

I'm thinking the grinding-Ranger style didn't fit his MO.

Old
08-18-2012, 12:43 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post

Look at his size, I was thinking he was going to become Malkin 2.0 and tear **** up with Zherdev, who was Ovechkin 2.0.

He's still pretty young and I wouldn't be shocked to see a breakout season from him. He's had the talent, but he needs to put his head together to become a 2nd line center.

I agree, I think he could become what Zajac is now.

I still think there's quite a bit of potential and I myself had hyped him up to be a potential 30 goal 70 point center.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:44 PM
RichieCallyGabby

Quote:

Great freaking post, man. My feelings EXACTLY.

Old
08-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Ola

Quote:

Nah, I don't think its the grinding style of ours that's holding him back. I was/am definitely a big Anisimov fan. He is a very good hockey player. But, he lacks a main goto source for his offensive game. That's always been what's held him back. His AHL stats was great, but he got his production from being a dominant player overall down there. He was able to overwhelm D's with his combination of speed, size and hands. In the NHL, it just takes so much more to be able to do that. Up in the big league, besides the Malkin, E Staal and Sundin's, most guys who are able to produce are players who got one ability that they can turn to time after time after time. AA doesn't have that, hence he is becomes very streaky.

This is what I wrote about him 4 and 5 years ago, I think that's pretty much how it played out.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...v#post15493196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
On Anisimov, I would say that as it is right now, if he follows the path he is on -- he will not become a top 2 line player.

He needs to add a element to his offensive game; which is not unusual that players do later in their career. For example, that Anisimov really develops his shots so that he can be used on the point, kind of like Malkin. Or that he is able to add like 20lbs and becomes a real PF threat down low. Or that he improves more then expected all over and just becomes a dominant player.

In the end I agrees with Clarke, but only that thats the most likely scenario for Anisimov. But I defenitly don't think its out of the question that Anisimov adds that "other" element to his game -- take Dubinsky for example, he is a good threat of the rush these days. 2-3 years ago he basically struggled to get the length of the ice in time. He got most of his offense from twisting and turning down low.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...v#post17476761
Quote:
I think like a Zajac/Handzus type of NHL impact is the most likely scenario for Anisimov.

He is the type of player whos production is the direct result (or sum) of his combined tool set. His combination of speed, size, reach, hands and shot basically. He is the type who either is dominating, or won't stand out much at all. Like either he is so fast, strong and overall hard to controll that D's at a certain level can't contain him -- and then he can create offense on any shift basically. Like a Malkin. Or he isn't able to overwhelm D's with his skillpackage. Then most of his offense comes after someone makes a misstake, or he can catch a smaller/slower D et c. And in the NHL that usually "only" amounts to 50-60 pts. Jeff Carter is a example who everyone have seen "both sides" of.

He is now "dominating" (basically) in the AHL. That makes the scale tip over for him, he goes from beeing a 60 pts player to basically 90-100 pts player right away.

But inorder for him to make that scale tip in the NHL he have to become darn good.

I don't think its out of the picture that he will develop like a Jeff Carter for example -- and finally take that step in the NHL too. But I wouldn't say that its the most likely scenario.

The 3rd alternative is that he is able to really develop a certain area of his game. Like his slapper, or that he becomes allot stronger so that he becomes a real PF, or his playmaking skills or something. But right now he doesn't have a niche like that.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 05:41 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:

I was so high on Anisimov as well. Nothing to not love about him pre-NHL. I honestly believed we had a 70-80 point selke candidate in him.

Unfortunately I don't think he improved at all from his rookie season until now. He might have gotten more comfortable playing in the NHL, but I noticed zero improvement.

He's a pretty decent player as it is now, with the potential to be significantly better.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Anisimov's below average hockey sense is what has held and will hold him back.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Nah, I don't think its the grinding style of ours that's holding him back. I was/am definitely a big Anisimov fan. He is a very good hockey player. But, he lacks a main goto source for his offensive game. That's always been what's held him back. His AHL stats was great, but he got his production from being a dominant player overall down there. He was able to overwhelm D's with his combination of speed, size and hands. In the NHL, it just takes so much more to be able to do that. Up in the big league, besides the Malkin, E Staal and Sundin's, most guys who are able to produce are players who got one ability that they can turn to time after time after time. AA doesn't have that, hence he is becomes very streaky.

This is what I wrote about him 4 and 5 years ago, I think that's pretty much how it played out.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...v#post15493196

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...v#post17476761
We have ourselves a scout on hand.

Great call.

Old
08-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Tim Erixon is a very talented hockey player, but he has no balls. He was rag dolled in pretty much every game he played, I hope success for him in the future, but Erixon doesn't make or break a trade for Rick ******* Nash.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Tim Erixon is a very talented hockey player, but he has no balls. He was rag dolled in pretty much every game he played, I hope success for him in the future, but Erixon doesn't make or break a trade for Rick ******* Nash.
Rookie d-man in first year of NA hockey gets outmuscled and overmatched physically!

Obviously a bust! He'll have no future!

I expect Erixon to become solid top 4 d-man. Maybe 1000 career games played.

Old
08-18-2012, 09:47 PM
ncmike

even if Dubinsky rebounds and has aa above average career and the same goes for Anisimoz. And Erixon makes the big leagues and has an outstanding rookie season and goes on to have a terrific career; all Nash has to do is score some big goals in the playoffs to help (not lead) the team in the playoffs. it will be a win for the Rangers. just my 2 cents. I could be wrong it has happened before

ncmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmike View Post
better to compare their totals in the playoffs when it really matters
such a foolish way of looking at things. a 5 game sample size is stupid to look at for Nash or for any player. Playoff stats to me mean very little unless you are talking a huge sample size or a guy who has that unreal ability to single handedly carry a team come crunch time. other than that, it is what it is, a very small sample size where small adjustments from teams can completely take out 1 player while opening up avenues for others.

ppl always loved to use the "playoff" excuse for marian hossa. since then, guy has appeared in 3 cup finals and has a ring all for himself. Ilya Kovalchuk was a playoff loser....got his team to the cup final with a hell of a performance.

great players are great players, small playoff sample sizes dont change that.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote