HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Writers Predict that the Kings Finish 1st in Western Conference Next Season

Old
08-18-2012, 02:37 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
dont jinx it people. DONT DO IT@!
As I said before, jinxes are a thing of the past. I'm through with them.

Kings win the Cup again. First team to go back-to-back in 15 years.

08-18-2012, 02:41 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Looks like The Hockey News is officially on the Kings' bandwagon. First their top 10 list which features three Kings, and now this. I think they'll be a top 3-4 team in the Conference, but as they proved this past season, it doesn't matter where they finish so long as they're a playoff team. The Kings proved that anything can happen during playoff hockey.

EDIT: Actually, the link you provided is for The Hockey Writers. Different hockey site.
I am going to say I disagree, it does matter this season.

My son and I were talking about this very thing earlier today. The Kings can't be relying on the "road warrior" syndrome next time around. They have to minimize the travel. The best way to do that is to get home ice advantage, and this time win on home ice. Daryl Sutter said it best, they are not a good home team (yet). But in order to sustain excellence in the NHL, I believe they are going to have focus better at home, especially for the playoffs.

(Having said that, they did go 6-3 at home in the playoffs: not bad.)

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 02:43 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
This post is all kinds of ridiculous. If the Kings have to worry about the Stars then well, they will have to worry about a lot more.

The only two teams I seeing that can possible keep up with the Kings are the Sharks and Canucks.
I agree. Roy is injured, and Jagr and Whitney are old as hell. Yet they lost Ribeiro and Ott. They sucked last year and will suck again this year.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 05:18 AM
gtwyc
L.A. Kings Fan

im still ridin the stanley cup high, so **** it! no doughty in my mind that we will REPEAT! bookmark this ****.

i think this team will still play with a chip on their shoulder considering last regular seasons play... still got a lot left with sutter. the season needs to start already!

gtwyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:28 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
i think this team will still play with a chip on their shoulder considering last regular seasons play... still got a lot left with sutter. the season needs to start already!
That's the frustating thing about the CBA and possible delay or no season.
I agree , Ithink they do have a chip on their shoulder because even after they ran thru every opponent like a freight train, you still read articles or hear analysts say they 'got hot at the right time'. or 'Quick carried them'.

I think they are the best team in the west in that , other than the PP, they really don't have a weakness. From Mar 1 on, they avereaged 3.5 goals a game and allowed less thatn 1.5. that's an elite team. I don't see any team outside of Pittsburgh that can match them at center. And the D is , along with the Blues, tops in the league. Ithink Doughty will have a monster year, Sutterreally had a great effect on him.

THey will want to prove their critics wrong and also it bothered them that they couldn/'t score last year, I think this year they'll be hungry for goals
And Sutter isn't the type of coach to let the reins go, I don't think the work 'complacent' is in his vocabulary.

Quote:
. Roy is injured, and Jagr and Whitney are old as hell. Yet they lost Ribeiro and Ott. They sucked last year and will suck again this year.
Dallas is hard to chart. Jagr, as mujch as I didn't want the Flyers to sign him because he hadn't played more than 50 games in 3 years and I knew that he'd hit a wall in Feb, still had a good year and more importanly did a lot for Giroux. Giroux is still annoyed that he wasn't signed. Hartnell doesn't get 37 goals without Jagr and the freedom it gave him because of the coverage on Giroux and Jagr when that line was out. Jagr Ithink will do good by Benn, the same way he was able to (esp in the off ice workouts, which he is like a machine he works out so much, even had 11 pm skating drills at the practice facility) set a good example for G and the younger players on th team . I think Benn will benefit from this just like G did .

Whiteny had almost 80 points last year and played really well. Dallas doesn't need a lot of goals, they are a pretty good D team. Jagr is a guy that can break a 1-1 tie in the third or OT. He still has that elite skill, and he won't be in Lavvy's extreme skating hard , push push push and overexert system. That pond hockey system of his is mentally and physically draining and the reason for the last 2 years, when the Flyers had to play all 82 with it, they wore out by March and were done early in the playoffs, looking (both years in roun 2) tired, weary and done. It a pattern that wil repeat itself this year as well.

Different system, less taxing, not as much pressure to skate hard all the time and drive hard all out for Offense.
I think they'll be fine with the Stars and provide just enough offense to help them win games that the lost last year.
Ott is overated and a thug. Him being off the team won't cost them the playoffs, but adding Jagr and Whitney if they are used right, could be a a big difference esp if Jagr can produce scoring chances and pull coverage for Benn like he did for G.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:59 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I think we will finish the regular season with 97-100pts and anywhere from 4rth to 6th.
I am fine with this, we are a team that was built for the playoffs and while we are talented enough to make a run at the presidents trophy I think we are smart enough to save our selves for the playoffs.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote