HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [2-1-0] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2012, 01:38 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Again, if you're interested, send a PM. I won't be monitoring every post in this thread just in case

Old
08-15-2012, 01:36 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Yep, I'll put it out there again. I'm all for organizing and splitting the cost of the dogs' stream and hosting it through a private justin.tv account. We would just need a good 4-5 people to participate.
Count me in,just let me know how much and when,thanks.

Old
08-15-2012, 06:36 AM
poetryinmotion

Anyone want to take a stab at a realistic Hamilton lineup for this coming season?

Old
08-15-2012, 09:29 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
I'm in Beijing and get all my habs games from hockeystreams.com because **** getting up at 6:30 AM to watch the games live. Still do it occasionally to **** up the GDT thread, but I like my sleep...

If the season is delayed, and I'm guessing it will be, definitely count me in for that Justintv thing. Just one question: can the streamed games be watched on demand later or only live?
I'm in the same boat, in Hong Kong. I'll chip in cash if I can watch the Dogs 14 hours later, on my Mac. It's impossible to watch live at work, I'd get fired. And too right.

If no Habs until January, I want to follow the Dogs.

When Habs back, guess I'll pay the NHL for recorded games. If I can even do that. Sigh, it's a huge pain in the ass here trying to see the Habs.

Old
08-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
I would absolutely be in. Would help us write about the road games. I'm sure my partner will be in as well.
I'd be interested as well.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Protest the Hero

Speaking of the AHL, the agreement between the CHL/AHL to not allow players under 20 to play in the AHL(coming from the CHL) expired in July. It looks like they'll keep the agreement in place though as an unwritten rule until the new CBA is written up.

http://twitter.com/SARampage_Voice

Old
08-15-2012, 12:32 PM
windycity

anyone know when the schedule comes out? Wanna lock up the nights they play in Illinois to go watch them. Nothing out as of yesterday when I checked

Old
08-16-2012, 01:59 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Anyone want to take a stab at a realistic Hamilton lineup for this coming season?
I'll see your one season and raise you two seasons

This year

Geoffrion-Leblanc-Palushaj
Blunden-Bournival-Schultz
Gallagher-Nattinen-Holland
Lefebvre-Dumont-Avtsin
Quailer,Berger

Nash-Ellis
Tinordi-St.Denis
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Hagel, Stejskal

Desjardins
Mayer

Next Year

Gallagher-Nattinen-Kristo
Avtsin-Walsh-Holland
Lefebvre-Bournival-Schultz
Quailer-Pribyl-Berger

Beaulieu-Ellis
Dietz-Nygren
Bennett-Pateryn

Desjardins
Delmas

Old
08-16-2012, 02:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Just take all the players and mix and match since AHL lineups never stay the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
anyone know when the schedule comes out?
tormorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
Next Year

Avtsin-Walsh-Holland
Quailer-Pribyl-Berger

Beaulieu-Ellis
Dietz-Nygren
Bennett-Pateryn
I don't see Nygren getting time over Thrower who you don't even have in the lineup. Would expect Dietz to stay at RD.

Don't see Lefebvre getting better ice time then Quailer. If Walsh gets signed, I could see him being a winger, but no way he's going to be a top 6 center in his first year unless he improves by leaps and bounds.

Last edited by montreal: 08-16-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old
08-16-2012, 02:38 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

This year

Lefebvre-Dumont-Avtsin
Quailer,Berger

Nash-Ellis
Tinordi-St.Denis
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Hagel, Stejskal

Desjardins
Mayer

Next Year

Avtsin-Walsh-Holland
Quailer-Pribyl-Berger

Beaulieu-Ellis
Dietz-Nygren
Bennett-Pateryn

Desjardins
Delmas
No way Walsh surpasses bournival.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:37 PM
shakenbake7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
I'd be interested as well.
Interested as well

Old
08-17-2012, 03:08 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Hamilton's schedule is out.

http://theahl.com/stats/schedule.php...=&division_id=

Old
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
No way Walsh surpasses bournival.
Today's noodle-doodle
Next Year

Kristo-Nattinen-Holland-lots of goals for the count
Gallagher-Bournival-Schultz-feisty checking line
Avtsin-Pribyl-Quailer-this could be exciting!
Lefebvre-Walsh-Berger
Archambault?

Beaulieu-Ellis
Dietz-Thrower
Bennett-Pateryn
Nygren

Desjardins
Delmas

Old
08-18-2012, 02:15 AM
bsl

Quote:

This year

Lefebvre-Dumont-Avtsin
Quailer,Berger

Nash-Ellis
Tinordi-St.Denis
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Hagel, Stejskal

Desjardins
Mayer

Next Year

Avtsin-Walsh-Holland
Quailer-Pribyl-Berger

Beaulieu-Ellis
Dietz-Nygren
Bennett-Pateryn

Desjardins
Delmas
12-13: Gallagher-Nattinen-Holland. Now that could be interesting.

13-14:

Gallagher will be on the Habs. The kid is a winner.

Ellis might graduate. In fact, I could see Ellis playing 20 games with the Habs this year. He might beat Tinordi out this year.

Avtsin? God only knows. But I do not expect him to play for the dogs in 13-14.

Thrower not old enough? Where is he?

Old
08-18-2012, 03:01 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Thrower not old enough? Where is he?
Maybe he assumed Thrower will arrive at same time as the others 2012 draft picks from the CHL, but he is a 1993, should arrive with Dietz.

Habs Prospects website
Old
08-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Walsh needs to produce and stay healthy if he ever wants a chance to be signed by us. Don't understand anybody putting him in a lineup just yet.

Was a favorite of mine in his draft year, wanted us to pick him. But clearly didn't envision his injuries.

Old
08-18-2012, 12:23 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Maybe he assumed Thrower will arrive at same time as the others 2012 draft picks from the CHL, but he is a 1993, should arrive with Dietz.
Thrower should be a lock for Hamilton after next season, I like the idea of him and Dietz getting to go to the Dogs at the same time since it should help with their transition. Don't see him as an overager outside of a major injury.

Looks like Hamilton is going to be getting a lot of interesting D prospects over the next 2-3 years, should be a lot of fun to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Walsh needs to produce and stay healthy if he ever wants a chance to be signed by us. Don't understand anybody putting him in a lineup just yet.

Was a favorite of mine in his draft year, wanted us to pick him. But clearly didn't envision his injuries.
It's a shame that the hip injury has hampered his ice time, and with another solid incoming rookie class to Hamilton for 2013-2014, he's going to need to show something and stay healthy in order to get an NHL contract as we could be up against the 50 limit depending on how many end up getting inked out of Dietz, Thrower, Kristo, Walsh, Nygren, Pribyl, Archambault, Bennett (unless he returns for his Senior year) plus Galchenyuk could likely turn pro by then as well.

Old
08-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
It's a shame that the hip injury has hampered his ice time, and with another solid incoming rookie class to Hamilton for 2013-2014, he's going to need to show something and stay healthy in order to get an NHL contract as we could be up against the 50 limit depending on how many end up getting inked out of Dietz, Thrower, Kristo, Walsh, Nygren, Pribyl, Archambault, Bennett (unless he returns for his Senior year) plus Galchenyuk could likely turn pro by then as well.
I'm guessing Archambault will have to take a big step forward to earn a contract, after his disappointing 2011-12?

Old
08-18-2012, 01:02 PM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

Quote:
I'd say

Geoffrion-Bournival-Leblanc
Palushaj-Holland-Gallagher
Avtsyn-Nattinen-Blunden
Quailer-Dumont-Schultz

Tinordi-(A yet to be signed veteran)
St. Denis-Ellis
Nash-Pateryn

If and when there is a lockout can players on two-way contracts (post entry level) automatically be sent down? There can't be waiver rules with no NHL CBA? Does a player on a two way have to report to the minor league affiliate?

Old
08-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Lefebvre-Dumont-Avtsin
Quailer,Berger
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Geoffrion-Bournival-Leblanc
Palushaj-Holland-Gallagher
Avtsyn-Nattinen-Blunden
Quailer-Dumont-Schultz
I'm surprised you both have Dumont on the 4th line? I'd guess he'd be in the top 6. I can see Geoffrion-Dumont-Blunden playing against the opposition's best.

Old
08-18-2012, 01:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I'm guessing Archambault will have to take a big step forward to earn a contract, after his disappointing 2011-12?
I'm guessing it will depend on how the 50 contract limit shapes up, but from what i've heard in the past, Timmins likes him a good bit. But perhaps it could come down to the wire for him if he struggles as the team may end up in a situation where they have to chose between signing Archambault vs signing Walsh depending of course on how things go for them. If I were to guess right now, I would think that Archambault would get signed unless things go badly for him. But we'll have to see what roster moves are made over the course of the season,

As of today, if the Habs were to keep every player that's signed for 2013-2014, plus re-sign all the RFA's but none of the UFA's (or say we keep one or two UFA's say St-Denis, Armstrong, etc.. but lose equal number in RFA's like Mayer, Blunden etc..) plus Subban and add Galchenyuk that would put us at 41 contracts.

Then you have, Deitz, Thrower, Kristo, Pribyl, Nygren, Archambault and Walsh. All except Thrower must be signed next summer or we lose their rights and Thrower isn't likely going back to the dub as an overager so he'll be signed.

Then you have any FA NCAA or CHLers you might want to sign. Plus if any of our NCAA prospects opt to turn pro. Bennett, MacMillan, Didier, Cichy, Sullivan, which could be none or one as Bennett perhaps could opt to turn pro but the rest i'd be surprised unless they have a huge season.

So if you are at 41 contracts going into next summer, plus you sign Kristo, Dietz, Thrower, Pribyl that's 45 with Nygren, Archambault and Walsh all needing to get inked, so unless moves are made we should be up against the 50 limit which could mean a prospect or two may end up on the outside looking in, or perhaps an AHL contract.

Quote:
Tinordi-(A yet to be signed veteran)
St. Denis-Ellis
Nash-Pateryn

If and when there is a lockout can players on two-way contracts (post entry level) automatically be sent down? There can't be waiver rules with no NHL CBA? Does a player on a two way have to report to the minor league affiliate?
Do you think Beaulieu will be in the NHL or do you have him back in the Q as an overager? I'd be suprised if either happened.

If there's a lockout, we will have to wait and see how the league handles it. Two way contracts don't have anything to do with waivers. But who's to say what the league will do this time around if that ends up being the case. Two way contracts also don't have anything to do with reporting to minor league affiliates, it just means they get paid less if they aren't in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I'm surprised you both have Dumont on the 4th line? I'd guess he'd be in the top 6. I can see Geoffrion-Dumont-Blunden playing against the opposition's best.
Dumont was on the 2nd line last year when the injuries hit, but with a new coaching staff again, we'll have to wait and see who they like where since so many fowards on the team are able to play multi-positions, it makes putting rosters together on a message board a real waste of time as the different lineup possibilities are endless.

Last edited by montreal: 08-18-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old
08-19-2012, 07:38 AM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I'm guessing it will depend on how the 50 contract limit shapes up, but from what i've heard in the past, Timmins likes him a good bit. But perhaps it could come down to the wire for him if he struggles as the team may end up in a situation where they have to chose between signing Archambault vs signing Walsh depending of course on how things go for them. If I were to guess right now, I would think that Archambault would get signed unless things go badly for him. But we'll have to see what roster moves are made over the course of the season,

As of today, if the Habs were to keep every player that's signed for 2013-2014, plus re-sign all the RFA's but none of the UFA's (or say we keep one or two UFA's say St-Denis, Armstrong, etc.. but lose equal number in RFA's like Mayer, Blunden etc..) plus Subban and add Galchenyuk that would put us at 41 contracts.

Then you have, Deitz, Thrower, Kristo, Pribyl, Nygren, Archambault and Walsh. All except Thrower must be signed next summer or we lose their rights and Thrower isn't likely going back to the dub as an overager so he'll be signed.

Then you have any FA NCAA or CHLers you might want to sign. Plus if any of our NCAA prospects opt to turn pro. Bennett, MacMillan, Didier, Cichy, Sullivan, which could be none or one as Bennett perhaps could opt to turn pro but the rest i'd be surprised unless they have a huge season.

So if you are at 41 contracts going into next summer, plus you sign Kristo, Dietz, Thrower, Pribyl that's 45 with Nygren, Archambault and Walsh all needing to get inked, so unless moves are made we should be up against the 50 limit which could mean a prospect or two may end up on the outside looking in, or perhaps an AHL contract.

Do you think Beaulieu will be in the NHL or do you have him back in the Q as an overager? I'd be surprised if either happened.

If there's a lockout, we will have to wait and see how the league handles it. Two way contracts don't have anything to do with waivers. But who's to say what the league will do this time around if that ends up being the case. Two way contracts also don't have anything to do with reporting to minor league affiliates, it just means they get paid less if they aren't in the NHL.

Dumont was on the 2nd line last year when the injuries hit, but with a new coaching staff again, we'll have to wait and see who they like where since so many fowards on the team are able to play multi-positions, it makes putting rosters together on a message board a real waste of time as the different lineup possibilities are endless.
I thought because he was 19 to begin the season that he had to go back to juniors...If he is available to the Dogs certainly he's a lock.

Old
08-19-2012, 12:11 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I thought because he was 19 to begin the season that he had to go back to juniors...If he is available to the Dogs certainly he's a lock.
Beaulieu turns 20 on Dec 5th so he can play in the AHL next season. If you turn 20 before Jan 1st you can play in the AHL for NHL drafted CHLers.

Old
08-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Valois

Any cyclists here following the Bulldogs?

I've for a year been wanting to bike to Hamilton from my flat in Toronto, to catch a bulldogs game and maybe stay the night. I think I'll have the time to now that I'm finished school.

Does anyone know how the area around the Copps Coliseum is for bike parking? Street view seems to tell me that there's not much around, does it get busy around game time?

Is there anything I should be wary of biking in Hamilton compared to biking Toronto?

Any nice hostels in the downtown core?

Thanks - I've only been to Hamilton once and the majority of that night I was with a friend in Ancaster.

Old
08-29-2012, 01:52 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Beaulieu (Bulldogs Youtube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE2vwk6K0sI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx5reswg3N0

Closed Thread