HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Get to know your fellow CBJ fans

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-17-2012, 01:33 PM
  #126
ndd17
Registered User
 
ndd17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
(Real) Name: Alexey
Age: 35
Age you act: 35
Sex: M
Birthplace: Klimovsk, Moskow region
Where you live: Klimovsk, Moskow region
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: 5'11" and 194 lbs
Nationality: Russian
Job: warehouse logistics specialist
College Attended/Attending: Moscow Institute of Economics and Law.
How you became a Jackets' fan: I'm a fan of New Jersey since 1989. But they play in the Eastern Conference, and I wanted to be a fan of any team to the Western Conference.
Decided to choose CBJ. Why? Probably because the team last season ranked last. Never sought the easy way out in life.
Favorite Jackets Player: now Wiz
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Rick Nash and 50% roster of NJD.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir):none
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: only shirt NJD, red and black.
Music/Bands You Like: Eminem, Lady Gaga and Maksim(Russian singer).
Favorite Movie(s): Final Destination 1-5, Scream 1-5 and some old Soviet films.
Favorite TV Show: none
Favorite Food: Macaroni and Cheese, chicken soup and fried mushrooms.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person: I can juggle three objects in different ways

Anything Else: Do not berate for my english.

ndd17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:57 PM
  #127
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Can you see Russia from your house ....
I bet ndd17 can

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 02:10 PM
  #128
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndd17 View Post
Decided to choose CBJ. Why? Probably because the team last season ranked last. Never sought the easy way out in life.


I approve.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 02:37 PM
  #129
CBJ Bob
It Smells Bad!
 
CBJ Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: In Hiding
Country: United States
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshymkiw View Post
Please don't ask me about Palin.
From Monty Python's Flying Circus right? He lives in your town - wow! What is he like?

CBJ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 03:00 AM
  #130
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I bet ndd17 can
Me too. I put notebook with Russian picture to the window and see Russia from window...

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:22 AM
  #131
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
(Real) Name: D.
Age: 37
Age you act: Forever 21
Sex: M
Birthplace: Minsk, Belarus
Where you live: Earth. Currently in Barrington, IL
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I'm 6'3. And I'm taller than Rick Nash.
Nationality: Belarusian.
Mode of Transportation: Toyota Camry Solara
Job: No.
College Attended/Attending: Belarusian Law University
How you became a Jackets' fan: When I had to escape from my motherland I moved to Ohio. Used to live in Sidney, then Hilliard, then Columbus. I love Nationwide, probably the best NHL arena, and I'd been at 10 of them.
Favorite Jackets Player: Nikita Nikitin.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Pavel Datsyuk. And off course our national legend Ruslan Salei. We grew up at the same ice-rink in Gorky Park in Minsk.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): I used to move a lot and lost almost everything I've ever had... But I still have a blanket and pillow from the Blue Line with the Jackets logo.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Used to have signed Ovechkin's team Russia jersey. My former russian girlfriend stole it.
Video Game Systems Owned: None.
Favorite Game(s): I don't play games.
Music/Bands You Like: mostly post-soviet rock - Смысловые галлюцинации (Russian), Ляпис Трубецкой (Belarusian), CD in the car - Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Green Day, System of a Down.
Favorite Movie(s): Kventin Tarantino, Guy Ritchie, Russian comedies
Favorite TV Show: I don't watch TV, only sports.
Favorite Food: Meat and potato.
Anything Else: I have never been in Russia in my life.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:16 PM
  #132
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 2,535
vCash: 500
This is the Belarus version of me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
(Real) Name: D.
Age: 37
Age you act: Forever 21
Sex: M
Birthplace: Minsk, Belarus
Where you live: Earth. Currently in Barrington, IL
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I'm 6'3. And I'm taller than Rick Nash.
Nationality: Belarusian.
Mode of Transportation: Toyota Camry Solara
Job: No.
College Attended/Attending: Belarusian Law University
How you became a Jackets' fan: When I had to escape from my motherland I moved to Ohio. Used to live in Sidney, then Hilliard, then Columbus. I love Nationwide, probably the best NHL arena, and I'd been at 10 of them.
Favorite Jackets Player: Nikita Nikitin.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Pavel Datsyuk. And off course our national legend Ruslan Salei. We grew up at the same ice-rink in Gorky Park in Minsk.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): I used to move a lot and lost almost everything I've ever had... But I still have a blanket and pillow from the Blue Line with the Jackets logo.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Used to have signed Ovechkin's team Russia jersey. My former russian girlfriend stole it.
Video Game Systems Owned: None.
Favorite Game(s): I don't play games.
Music/Bands You Like: mostly post-soviet rock - Смысловые галлюцинации (Russian), Ляпис Трубецкой (Belarusian), CD in the car - Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Green Day, System of a Down.
Favorite Movie(s): Kventin Tarantino, Guy Ritchie, Russian comedies
Favorite TV Show: I don't watch TV, only sports.
Favorite Food: Meat and potato.
Anything Else: I have never been in Russia in my life.
(Real) Name[/B]: Lets Go
Age: less
Age you act: depends
Sex: M
Birthplace: Elmwood Park
Where you live: Columbus
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: beginning to grey
Nationality: Canadian, German, English
Mode of Transportation: Hybrid
Job: biness
College Attended/Attending: tOSU
How you became a Jackets' fan: Love hockey, Lima Chargers, Chill
Favorite Jackets Player: Jack Johnson, Wiz, RJ want to really like Cam RyJo Dubi 2014 Hartzy
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Nash, Bobby's Hull & Orr Phil Esposito, Guy LeFleur
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Nash stick
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None
Video Game Systems Owned: None.
Favorite Game(s): None
Music/Bands You Like: Beatles, Stones, ACDC, Eagles.. most any music
Favorite Movie(s): Mash, Pulp Fiction, Shawshank, Hoosiers, The Godfather
Favorite TV Show: sports.
Favorite Food: Meat and potato. Kosar Filet
[B]Favorite person I follow on twitter - Wiz, that guy has a sic sense of humor
Anything Else: I have never been in Russia in my life.[/QUOTE]


Last edited by LetsGOJackets!!: 07-17-2014 at 10:18 PM.
LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 03:34 PM
  #133
Matt C
Registered User
 
Matt C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
(Real) Name: Matt
Age: 34
Age you act: 34
Sex: M
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Where you live: Grandview Heights, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I'm tall
Nationality: American. Ancestry western european and (somewhat on topic) includes 6 civil war vets, 3 Union (all from Ohio), 3 confederate
Mode of Transportation: Chevy S10
Job: health care
College Attended/Attending: Dayton, Ohio State, Cincinnati, Indiana
How you became a Jackets' fan: since the city got the team in 2000. have been educating myself about the sport since I knew nothing about it growing up
Favorite Jackets Players: DMac. Dorsett. Prospal.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Nash.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Alternate logo hat.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: 0
Video Game Systems Owned: Sold the N64 years ago
Favorite Game(s): Civilization 5 set on a super easy level where you can just whoop butt without even thinking
Music/Bands You Like: generally whatever is on CD102.5
Favorite Movie(s): Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Pulp Fiction. Election.
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones. Documentaries on history or astronomy/cosmology.
Favorite Food: Greater's ice cream. New york style pizza. Good beer.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: @BadJokeCat. for example, most recent tweet: "I've just started a band called 999 Megabytes. We haven't done a gig yet."
Anything Else: I don't always post on internet message forums, but when I do, it's on HFBoards or Bigsoccer


Last edited by Matt C: 08-18-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Matt C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 04:40 PM
  #134
bluejacket74
Registered User
 
bluejacket74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Reynoldsburg, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
(Real) Name: Brian
Age: 38
Age you act: Anywhere from 8 to 78
Sex: M
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Where you live: Reynoldsburg, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Kinda fugly
Nationality: As far as I know I'm a mishmash of English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish
College Attended/Attending: Ohio University, class of 96

How you became a Jackets' fan: Always liked hockey, once Columbus got an NHL team it was a no brainer to become a Jackets fan (Hometown team)
Favorite Jackets Player: Right now Dorsett, Jack MF Johnson is my 2nd favorite
Favorite NON Jackets Player: None
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original, newer CBJ, CBJ third, Chill, Ohio University
Video Game Systems Owned: Wii (that I can't remember the last time I played), used to have a PS2, Atari 2600
Favorite Game(s): Guitar Hero series
Music/Bands You Like: For the most part I like a little bit of everything, but mostly rock
Favorite TV Show: Swamp People, Jersey Shore, shows with pawn shops, Ax Men, Storage Wars
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: @dontdrinkbeer is pretty funny if you're into craft beer/reviews

Anything Else: I usually only post on here when I'm drinking

bluejacket74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 04:51 PM
  #135
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejacket74 View Post
Anything Else: I usually only post on here when I'm drinking
Half drunk is the ONLY way to watch Blue Jackets hockey. Games that Steve Mason starts require you to be totally schnockered! (Best to watch these on TV so you don't have to drive)

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 06:23 PM
  #136
bluejacket74
Registered User
 
bluejacket74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Reynoldsburg, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Half drunk is the ONLY way to watch Blue Jackets hockey. Games that Steve Mason starts require you to be totally schnockered! (Best to watch these on TV so you don't have to drive)
Usually when I go to Jackets games my Dad drives so I can drink all I want. And it always helps to be not sober when Mason starts!

bluejacket74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 07:03 AM
  #137
PubOFH
Registered User
 
PubOFH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Johnstown, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 9,354
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
(Real) Name: Cameron
Age: 37
Age you act: My wife often says 2 ?
Sex: M
Birthplace: Mt. Vernon OH
Where you live: Johnstown
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Sexy calves
Nationality: I speak American
Mode of Transportation: Chrysler TC mini van. Yea...that stings.
Job: Firefighter/Medic
College Attended: Hocking College/US Navy

How you became a Jackets' fan: Since the start
Favorite Jackets Player: Was Methot...now probably Dorsett
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Matthew Barnaby lol
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Have a game worn Methot Sweater from the Cuse
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original, CBJ 3rd, Methot game worn crunch

Video Game Systems Owned: 360
Favorite Game(s): Skyrim
Music/Bands You Like: 311
Favorite Movie(s): Any of the Coen Brothers movies
Favorite TV Show: Holmes on Homes
Favorite Food: Gluten free...so basically anything without the gluten. Gluten is the DEVIL!!
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Twitter is dumb.

Anything Else: Just started CrossFit and its a *******!!!

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:55 AM
  #138
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PubOFH View Post
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Sexy calves

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:15 PM
  #139
Mike Smitley
Registered User
 
Mike Smitley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Van Wert, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
(Real) Name: Mike
Age: 35
Age you act: Varies
Sex: M
Birthplace: Van Wert, OH
Where you live: Van Wert, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Spare tire; gimp arm
Nationality: American
Mode of Transportation: Bright yellow Scion xB
Job: Small Business Owner/Advertising
College Attended/Attending: Bowling Green

How you became a Jackets' fan: I began following hockey with the Blue Jackets expansion
Favorite Jackets Player: Derek Dorsett
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Kaleigh Schrock
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): ball cap
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original away; CBJ new style home; Fort Wayne Komets orange spaceman lace neck

Video Game Systems Owned: PS2 (never use it)
Favorite Game(s): Tiger Woods
Music/Bands You Like: Too many to list
Favorite Movie(s): Back To The Future
Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad
Favorite Food: Mexican
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Jeff Rimer

Anything Else: Sometimes at night, when it's too dark to turn on the bathroom light, I pee sitting down


Last edited by Mike Smitley: 08-26-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Mike Smitley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 08:24 PM
  #140
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PubOFH View Post
(Real) Name: Cameron
Age: 37
Age you act: My wife often says 2 ?
Sex: M
Birthplace: Mt. Vernon OH
Where you live: Johnstown
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Sexy calves
Nationality: I speak American
Mode of Transportation: Chrysler TC mini van. Yea...that stings.
Job: Firefighter/Medic
College Attended: Hocking College/US Navy

How you became a Jackets' fan: Since the start
Favorite Jackets Player: Was Methot...now probably Dorsett
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Matthew Barnaby lol
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Have a game worn Methot Sweater from the Cuse
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original, CBJ 3rd, Methot game worn crunch

Video Game Systems Owned: 360
Favorite Game(s): Skyrim
Music/Bands You Like: 311
Favorite Movie(s): Any of the Coen Brothers movies
Favorite TV Show: Holmes on Homes
Favorite Food: Gluten free...so basically anything without the gluten. Gluten is the DEVIL!!
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Twitter is dumb.

Anything Else: Just started CrossFit and its a *******!!!
Dude, we all thought you were dead!

For you newer posters, Pub-OFH is short for "Official Fedorov Hater"

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 09:41 PM
  #141
VandyBuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
(Real) Name: Erik
Age: 32
Age you act: 26
Sex: M
Birthplace: Springfield, MA
Where you live: Dayton, OH
Nationality: German/English/Irish
Mode of Transportation: Jeep Cherokee
Job: attorney
College Attended/Attending: Vanderbilt Univ. '01; Ohio State '08 (JD)

How you became a Jackets' fan: Lifelong hockey fan introduced to the game because the house we moved into in MA had a rink in the back yard, a one-time Bruins fan (local team), Canucks fan (local team - Seattle), Nashville team (local team), and now CBJ fan
Favorite Jackets Player: RJ Umberger
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Jordin Tootoo, Milan Lucic
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Nick Zherdev autographed puck...c'mon Nick was great right?
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None...my dad told me that I should only wear a jersey if I was good enough for it to be my own

Video Game Systems Owned: Wii
Favorite Game(s): That kung fu aerobics thing on Wii fit
Music/Bands You Like: Fave "new" artists from last 10 years = Needtobreathe, The Lumineers, Of Monsters and Men, Black Keys, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
Favorite Movie(s): Top Gun, Gladiator, Braveheart
Favorite TV Show: Deadliest Catch, Parenthood
Favorite Food: Shepherd's pie
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: don't

VandyBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 10:21 PM
  #142
Cblake34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
(Real) Name: Im going to stick with what people know me as, Chris
Age: 28
Age you act: 16
Sex: M
Birthplace: Ashland, OH
Where you live: Dublin, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: tall chubby guy.
Nationality: American. Family from Czech, England, and Ireland.
Mode of Transportation: Kia Soul
Job: Photojournalist
College Attended/Attending: Full Sail, Orlando, FL
How you became a Jackets' fan: Grew up loving hockey. Started as a Ducks fan, then to Nordiques, Avs, and then CBJ. When CBJ and Avs were around I watched both. When i moved back to Ohio, I dropped the Avs and supported with all my heart the CBJ.
Favorite Jackets Players: Jack Johnson, Cam, Wiz
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Nash. Patrick Roy. Quick. Cal Heeter
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): My #34 Goalie Jersey, have tons of autographed pucks and photos.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: 5
Video Game Systems Owned: PS3 and 360
Favorite Game(s): NHL, Fifa, Call of Duty, Halo
Music/Bands You Like: House or EDM as people call it now.
Favorite Movie(s): Damn United, Goon, Star Wars, Casablanca, list goes on.
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead.
Favorite Food: Greek, German, Chicago Pizza (Lou Malnati's)
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Maybe GodDamnBatman? I follow too many people and am rarely able to keep up with how fast my timeline refreshes.
Anything Else: Outside of hockey Im a huge supporter of Chelsea FC, a English Premiere League team from London. I have designed many of the banners from various supporter groups across the states that hang there during matches. Other than that I keep to myself and all my time with my wife.

Cblake34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 01:33 AM
  #143
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ
 
joshjoshjosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Guam
Country: Eritrea
Posts: 2,268
vCash: 500
(Real) Name: Hmmm
Age: 22
Age you act: LoL
Sex: M
Birthplace: Xenia
Where you live: On a rock in the south pacific
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Well I'm just not sure
Nationality: Southern Europe somewhere. Sunscreen is for nerds.
Mode of Transportation: 05 Golf. The Turbodiesel. The Dangermobile. She's got 130,000 miles and I'm going to get a million.
Job: USAF. Advisor to the POTUS on all Palm Tree and Sunshine-related matters.
College Attended/Attending: Credits from 5 schools so far. I'll let you know when one gives me a piece of paper
How you became a Jackets' fan At ten years old, I just thought Stinger was the coolest thing ever
Favorite Jackets Player: Derek Dorsett aka DJ Minor Penalty
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Jake, MSL in Tampa
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): All my programs, and a puck Jake signed
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Current home. And some youth XLs from 2001 that kinda sorta fit
Video Game Systems Owned: PS3
Favorite Game(s): Call of Duty (2003-2005) Final Fantasy Tactics, Everquest 2 (2 years clean!), BF3, Empire Earth I&II, Pokemon
Music/Bands You Like: Lately I've mostly been listening to The Devil Wears Prada, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Tobacco, Brand New, MF Doom, and my man Dave Brubeck
Favorite Movie(s): Anything by Kubrick, foreign WW2 movies (The Downfall, Stalingrad, Cross Of Iron), The Coen Brothers. Comedies and drama mostly
Favorite TV Show: Mad Men, Parks and Rec, The League, The Office, HOARDERS!
Favorite Food: Chicken Fried Steak sandwich from a tiny little place in North Dakota
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: @trippingolney (funniest account on twitter) I can be found at @citrignoFAKE
Anything Else: Big WW2 nerd. Probably north of 100 books on the European Theater. Looking of a good one on the Rzhev Salient in 41-42 at the moment

joshjoshjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 08:12 AM
  #144
stevo61
Registered User
 
stevo61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
(Real) Name: steven
Age: 22
Age you act: depends on the day i suppose
Sex: M
Birthplace: NS, Canada
Where you live: NS, Canada
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: beard that grows as patchy as a 16 year olds
Nationality: Scottish, Irish
Mode of Transportation: 2012 ford focus
Job: student
College Attended/Attending: community college taking welding
How you became a Jackets' fan: Always a huge hockey fan (leafs fan as a kid because here you like Toronto, Montreal or Boston) but i was a huge Rostislav Klesla fan in junior so when Columbus drafted him it put me onto them. I also love rooting for the underdog and drafting Nash also helped
Favorite Jackets Player: Johnson, Atkinson, Mackenzie
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Toews. Retired player would be Orr or Stevens
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): either my signed Johansen rookie or my Jackets license plate just because of the looks i get
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Chris Pronger (only because of a lost bet and i have to wear it in public multiple times...)
Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360, Nintendo 3ds
Favorite Game(s): NHL games (even if they can be annoying), final fantasy series, elder scrolls series
Music/Bands You Like: Metal. Dream Theater, Trivium, System of a Down, Apoclyptica, Children of Bodom. (could go on but you get the point)
Favorite Movie(s): The Da Vinci Code
Favorite TV Show: The Office, Big Bang Theory
Favorite Food: Chilli or pizza
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: dont bother with twitter

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 08:16 AM
  #145
fox2usp
Inbred Cat
 
fox2usp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pumpkinville, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
(Real) Name: Hmmm
Age: 22
Age you act: LoL
Sex: M
Birthplace: Xenia
Where you live: On a rock in the south pacific
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Well I'm just not sure
Nationality: Southern Europe somewhere. Sunscreen is for nerds.
Mode of Transportation: 05 Golf. The Turbodiesel. The Dangermobile. She's got 130,000 miles and I'm going to get a million.
Job: USAF. Advisor to the POTUS on all Palm Tree and Sunshine-related matters.
College Attended/Attending: Credits from 5 schools so far. I'll let you know when one gives me a piece of paper
How you became a Jackets' fan At ten years old, I just thought Stinger was the coolest thing ever
Favorite Jackets Player: Derek Dorsett aka DJ Minor Penalty
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Jake, MSL in Tampa
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): All my programs, and a puck Jake signed
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Current home. And some youth XLs from 2001 that kinda sorta fit
Video Game Systems Owned: PS3
Favorite Game(s): Call of Duty (2003-2005) Final Fantasy Tactics, Everquest 2 (2 years clean!), BF3, Empire Earth I&II, Pokemon
Music/Bands You Like: Lately I've mostly been listening to The Devil Wears Prada, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Tobacco, Brand New, MF Doom, and my man Dave Brubeck
Favorite Movie(s): Anything by Kubrick, foreign WW2 movies (The Downfall, Stalingrad, Cross Of Iron), The Coen Brothers. Comedies and drama mostly
Favorite TV Show: Mad Men, Parks and Rec, The League, The Office, HOARDERS!
Favorite Food: Chicken Fried Steak sandwich from a tiny little place in North Dakota
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: @trippingolney (funniest account on twitter) I can be found at @citrignoFAKE
Anything Else: Big WW2 nerd. Probably north of 100 books on the European Theater. Looking of a good one on the Rzhev Salient in 41-42 at the moment
Thank you for your service.

__________________
"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
fox2usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:14 PM
  #146
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Bumping this after (roughly) six months, since we've picked up a few contributing newcomers and such, and folks actually seem to be in a positive mood during a win streak.

My bio's already on the front page; there's just one major and two minor revisions to be made:

Bio RevisionsJob: Programming and some other IT work at the Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital. I help with computer things for really really smart people.

Also, Ryan Suter is off the "favorite non-Jackets" list with Rick Nash taking his place. And I'm now age 20, going on 21... in hex.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:49 PM
  #147
jacketsinDC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 411
vCash: 500
(Real) Name: Ben
Age: 27
Age you act: just about 27
Sex: M
Birthplace: Mason, Ohio
Where you live: Washington DC, moving to Seattle in May for my job.
Nationality: English, family settled in ohio since the early 1800s
Mode of Transportation: standing in dc metro trains
Job: union lawyer
College Attended/Attending: georgetown law
How you became a Jackets' fan: played hockey as a kid. I was looking for something to do while stuck in the military and heard about an amazing rookie goalie named steve mason.
Favorite Jackets Player: boll, foligno, JJ
Favorite NON Jackets Player: byfuglien, martin st. louis
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): andrew murray signed puck of course. courtesy of my mother
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: jared boll jersey
Video Game Systems Owned: xbox
Favorite Game(s): nhl 2013, fight night
Music/Bands You Like: STP, neko case, immortal technique, z-ro, tech n9ne. kenny wayne shepherd
Favorite Movie(s): rocky movies
Favorite TV Show: sons of anarchy
Favorite Food: anything with dave's insanity sauce on it.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: not on it
Anything Else: I scored one goal when i played hockey as a kid. parents gave me 20 dollars as a reward and I spent it on pogs.

jacketsinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:08 AM
  #148
DenKam
Registered User
 
DenKam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bochum, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
(Real) Name: Dennis
Age: 21
Age you act: 21
Sex: M
Birthplace: Essen, Germany
Where you live: Bochum, Germany
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic:
Nationality: German
Mode of Transportation: VW Golf III
Job: urban administration


How you became a Jackets' fan: An american exchange student at our school was a big fan of the Jackets, so I watched a couple of games and just fall in love with them.
Favorite Jackets Player: RJ Umberger all the way
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Pavel Datsyuk, Dennis Seidenberg
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ #18 Umberger, CBJ #61 Nash

Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360
Favorite Game(s): NHL 13, Fifa 13, Madden 13, Mass Effect 1-3, Pokemon
Music/Bands You Like: The Gaslight Anthem, U2, Iron Maiden, Vinnie Paz, Jedi Mind Tricks, MacMiller, Locksley
Favorite Movie(s): 300, Any given Sunday, The Lord of the Rings, James Bond, Die Hard
Favorite TV Show: Monk
Favorite Food: Spaetzle, Schnitzel

Anything Else:My english is pretty bad. Hope that I can improve it here

DenKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:52 AM
  #149
anteater90
Registered User
 
anteater90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hilliard
Country: United States
Posts: 1,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by denkam View Post
(real) name: Dennis
age: 21
age you act: 21
Sex: M
birthplace: Essen, germany
where you live: Bochum, germany
distinguishing physical characteristic:
Nationality: German
mode of transportation: Vw golf iii
job: Urban administration


how you became a jackets' fan: An american exchange student at our school was a big fan of the jackets, so i watched a couple of games and just fall in love with them.
Favorite jackets player: Rj umberger all the way
favorite non jackets player: Pavel datsyuk, dennis seidenberg
hockey jerseys in wardrobe: Cbj #18 umberger, cbj #61 nash

video game systems owned: Xbox 360
favorite game(s): Nhl 13, fifa 13, madden 13, mass effect 1-3, pokemon
music/bands you like: The gaslight anthem, u2, iron maiden, vinnie paz, jedi mind tricks, macmiller, locksley
favorite movie(s): 300, any given sunday, the lord of the rings, james bond, die hard
favorite tv show: Monk
favorite food: Spaetzle, schnitzel

Anything else:my english is pretty bad. Hope that i can improve it here
willkommen

anteater90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:07 AM
  #150
Ceff Jarter
Registered Duster
 
Ceff Jarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
(Real) Name: Ceff Jarter
Age: 22
Age you act: 14
Sex: M
Birthplace: Cbus, Ohio
Where you live: Waiting for a future employer to tell me
Nationality:American
Mode of Transportation: Jeep
Job: Entrepreneur, Venture capitalist with no capital
College Attended/Attending: MiamiOH
How you became a Jackets' fan: played hockey all ze time. Fan of the Chill so I suppose the Jackets was a natural progression
Favorite Jackets Player: Foligno, Mackenzie,Cam, BOBROVSKY, soft spot for Brassard
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Kane, Andy Miele, Shelley
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Signed Nash Jersey from his rookie year
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: #61, blank third, Miami home
Video Game Systems Owned: xbox
Favorite Game(s): nhl 2013, fifa 2013, skyrim
Music/Bands You Like: all sounds
Favorite Movie(s): BATTLESHIP
Favorite TV Show: Trailor park boys, the office, 24,
Favorite Food: eggs
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: strombone1
Anything Else: i love animals, hockey, and space heaters

Ceff Jarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.