Notices

Marc Savard Done

Old
08-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Dr Quincy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
If Savard's salary causes a cap difficulty, they can put him on the LITR, isn't that correct? By "payroll" I mean he's still getting paid, not that his salary is counted against the cap.

I suppose it causes Jacobs some personal harm, but I don't think it hamstrings the Bruins when it comes to personnel moves.
It's not quite that simple. LTIR isn't free money. Using it has some negative cap implications, which is why they tried to avoid it last year.

I'm not saying I fault Marc Savard at all. He should do what he thinks is best, but not retiring is having a slight negative impact on the team's cap situation.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:50 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
It's not quite that simple. LTIR isn't free money. Using it has some negative cap implications, which is why they tried to avoid it last year.

I'm not saying I fault Marc Savard at all. He should do what he thinks is best, but not retiring is having a slight negative impact on the team's cap situation.
They are also paying him real dollars as well, counting vs the cap or not, so his salary is certainly effecting pay structure one would think...

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:03 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:

Yep. Accruing real cap space is preferable to ltir space. Difference between having $4 million full season salary to add at deadline or about $16 million. But last season, bruins had all the space in the world & had to work hard to use just a portion of it

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Salem13

*giggles*

...adding speculation to the title almost makes it seem more troll-like.

Salem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Yep. Accruing real cap space is preferable to ltir space. Difference between having $4 million full season salary to add at deadline or about $16 million. But last season, bruins had all the space in the world & had to work hard to use just a portion of it
And who knows, a new CBA (if one is agreed to) may change some of this, so it may not even be an issue going forward, and if the CBA doesn't change it probably won't be a "big" issue, but it does hurt the team slightly.

I know that he doesn't get paid if he retires, but for some reason I thought that he'd get paid by an insurance coverage, but I haven't found anything to confirm that.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:36 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
And who knows, a new CBA (if one is agreed to) may change some of this, so it may not even be an issue going forward, and if the CBA doesn't change it probably won't be a "big" issue, but it does hurt the team slightly.

I know that he doesn't get paid if he retires, but for some reason I thought that he'd get paid by an insurance coverage, but I haven't found anything to confirm that.
I think I've read around here that it's a case-by-case type deal with that? Certain injuries and players are covered (or not covered) depending on the situation?

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 06:21 AM
ODAAT

I can`t wait for Savvy`s money to be off the table entirely so I can stop getting more and more confused about how it can be used and it`s implications on the cap for the Bruins

Stay well Savvy, enjoy life............................FORE!!!

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 01:10 PM
CoolBlue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
but he's not doing anything more strenuous than playing golf.
Actually...one of my former team mates still suffers from post concussion symptoms and one of the sports he can no longer play is golf. Walking around a steaming hot golf course in 90-110 degree weather with the sweltering hot sun beating down on his head is definately one of his biggest headache triggers. He always has to be careful not to get over heated.

Interesting. Well...have a great golf tournament this weekend, Savvy.

CoolBlue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBlue View Post
Actually...one of my former team mates still suffers from post concussion symptoms and one of the sports he can no longer play is golf. Walking around a steaming hot golf course in 90-110 degree weather with the sweltering hot sun beating down on his head is definately one of his biggest headache triggers. He always has to be careful not to get over heated.

Everybody reacts differently when it comes to concussions. That's one reason why it's so difficult to predict recovery time, or even if someone will ever recover. What debilitates one person might not even affect another.

I suffer from migraines. I've tried medications that other people swear by that have done nothing for me. That's why you have to try several meds before you find what works. Head problems are not "one size fits all" situations.

Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 03:01 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBlue View Post

Good grief how are people still talking about concussion problems like they are uniform.

This post, intentional or not, is so smarmy it should come with a free shower.

Last edited by EverettMike: 08-18-2012 at 03:53 PM.
EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 03:49 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I can`t wait for Savvy`s money to be off the table entirely so I can stop getting more and more confused about how it can be used and it`s implications on the cap for the Bruins

Stay well Savvy, enjoy life............................FORE!!!
You SIR

ARE THE MAN!!!!

FORE!!!!!!!

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 05:49 PM
xPumpedxByxLucicx

Been really wanting to get his rookie card signed.. Hope I still can!

xPumpedxByxLucicx is offline   Reply With Quote