HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What players should Detroit cut loose?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-18-2012, 12:35 PM
  #51
solo16
Registered User
 
solo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 3,575
vCash: 728
More you think about it the more it is clear.

Eaves and Cleary are done or close to done. They either will not return or will spend most of the season on the IR.

So once you take them out of the picture you pretty much need the rest of our forwards for depth.

The idea of playing all these rookies is crazy and HFboards illusion. It just inst smart we would be one or two injuries away from being screwed. Whereas right now we have tremendous depth.

Take Cleary Eaves out and look at our lineup

Dats Franzen Bertuzzi
Zets Filp Samuelson
Helm Miller Brunner/Nyquist/Tartar
Abdlekader Tootoo Mursak

Extra forwards Brunner/Emmerton

That is not really too deep. Young guys will all get a shot. I think you only waive people when it is clear Eaves/Cleary are healthy.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:35 PM
  #52
Bruise Bros 2426
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Cory Emmerton has to go. Doesn't finish checks, doesn't really add any offense, doesn't fight, doesn't kill penalties. The guy is useless. Drew Miller adds some offensive capabilities to the bottom 6 and is a decent penalty killer. I don't want Miller gone.

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 01:35 PM
  #53
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,823
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by fimoknete View Post
get rid of

Samuelsson
Bertuzzi
Eaves
Cleary
Abdelkader
Emmerton
Mursak
kindl
Quincey
Ericsson
Conklin
Brunnstrom

in loose order
Is there anyone or anything about the Red Wings you actually LIKE?

And don't worry - the last two on your list are gone.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 02:18 PM
  #54
sully61
Unregistered User
 
sully61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fimoknete View Post
get rid of

Samuelsson
Bertuzzi
Eaves
Cleary
Abdelkader
Emmerton
Mursak
kindl
Quincey
Ericsson
Conklin
Brunnstrom

in loose order
And sign Crosby, Malkin, ovechkin, Weber, doughty and karlsson?

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 02:35 PM
  #55
crashman
Registered User
 
crashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,221
vCash: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Whats your definition of tear it up? I think Cleary will score around 30 points and Sammy around 40. Both are dead weight.
I think Sammy will score ~45-50 points and Cleary about the same, while both bringing leadership and being solid on the fore-check.

Sorry, I know optimism is a rare thing around here, but I honestly believe that.

Both Sammy and Cleary can play well in front of the net (a la Holmstrom), who should be cut loose btw. I love the guy, but it really is time to retire. Sammy is also decent on the point...much better than Hudler was.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 02:35 PM
  #56
pdd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
Cleary showed in the playoffs he's still willing to play his game. The question mark with him is whether the surgery will bring back his skating. He at least deserves a chance, and with him playing for another contract this season I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a rebound year either.

I'd cut loose Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, and Emmerton and start the season with this

Filppula - Datsyuk - Cleary
Franzen - Zetterberg - Tatar
Miller - Helm - Brunner
Abdelkader - Nyquist - Tootoo
With our current forwards, I don't agree with cutting Sammy; he's one of the few reliable offensive forces. But based on your cuts, your lineup is just outright dumb. Sorry. It should look like this:

Filppula/Datsyuk/Brunner
Nyquist/Zetterberg/Franzen
Cleary/Helm/Tatar
Miller/Abdelkader/Tootoo

If you keep Samuelsson:

Nyquist/Datsyuk/Brunner
Cleary/Zetterberg/Samuelsson
Franzen/Filppula/Tatar
Abdelkader/Helm/Tootoo

If you keep Emmerton:

Nyquist/Datsyuk/Brunner
Filppula/Zetterberg/Franzen
Cleary/Emmerton/Tatar
Abdelkader/Helm/Tootoo

Personally, I think the Wings shouldn't have kept Bertuzzi, and that Samuelsson wasn't the right move when it was made. But cutting them loose right now isn't exactly an option.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 03:18 PM
  #57
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Whats your definition of tear it up? I think Cleary will score around 30 points and Sammy around 40. Both are dead weight.
I'm booking this .

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 03:52 PM
  #58
Spitfire11
Registered User
 
Spitfire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
With our current forwards, I don't agree with cutting Sammy; he's one of the few reliable offensive forces. But based on your cuts, your lineup is just outright dumb. Sorry. It should look like this:

Filppula/Datsyuk/Brunner
Nyquist/Zetterberg/Franzen
Cleary/Helm/Tatar
Miller/Abdelkader/Tootoo

If you keep Samuelsson:

Nyquist/Datsyuk/Brunner
Cleary/Zetterberg/Samuelsson
Franzen/Filppula/Tatar
Abdelkader/Helm/Tootoo

If you keep Emmerton:

Nyquist/Datsyuk/Brunner
Filppula/Zetterberg/Franzen
Cleary/Emmerton/Tatar
Abdelkader/Helm/Tootoo

Personally, I think the Wings shouldn't have kept Bertuzzi, and that Samuelsson wasn't the right move when it was made. But cutting them loose right now isn't exactly an option.
Yea bad first attempt. Don't think playing Abdelkader at C is a smart move though, and no reason to break up Miller-Helm after seeing their play together last season. Brunner should give that line a bit more scoring and add to their speed.

Filppula - Datsyuk - pick you geezer
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen
Miller - Helm - Brunner
Abdelkader - rookie - Tootoo

And yea, there is zero chance Samuelsson or Bertuzzi get cut after signing 2-year contracts. It's a hypothetical situation thread..

Spitfire11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 06:01 PM
  #59
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,245
vCash: 500
This discussion starts and ends with Jiri Hudler.







Oh, wait...

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 06:06 PM
  #60
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
This discussion starts and ends with Jiri Hudler.







Oh, wait...
yay more severe Jiri Hudler underrating!

how original!


in any case,Mursak was never really himself last year because of the injury

if the Wings cut him they'll regret it

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 07:46 PM
  #61
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
yay more severe Jiri Hudler underrating!

how original!


in any case,Mursak was never really himself last year because of the injury

if the Wings cut him they'll regret it
LOL silly goat, I was one of the ORIGINAL "Huderites" on this board.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 09:03 PM
  #62
fimoknete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Roesrath, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Is there anyone or anything about the Red Wings you actually LIKE?

And don't worry - the last two on your list are gone.
oh yea. russian 5, yzerman, lidstrom, aquiring fa or trade for good player in the past like brett hull, robitaille, murqhy, coffee etc.

in the present i can reduce my cheering for to datsyuk, franzen, babcock and howard (fultime), parttime for zetterberg, flip, holmstrom and the guy who serves the ice cream in the arena. thats it.
i am just hoping the time of non talented role player will be gone one day. but untiul then i dont wanna watch the mentioned player or any ken holland action.

fimoknete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.