HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Rimouski Oceanic next year

Old
06-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Templeton

vCash: 500
Tyler Kelleher could help a lot the team's offense. I hope he will be at the camp. I'm not saying that they are poor offensively, but they are young. That could hurt if Beauvillier, Trainor, etc are not at their top.

Like IHaveNoCreativity said, it will be fun to watch in the next two years.

Also, I found an article from Thériault :
http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/spo...en-devenir.php

Basicaly he said that Kostalek is a complete defenseman and that some scouts projected him as a first round pick in the next NHL draft. Bryukvin is a second round pick of the Dynamo in the KHL and that Boucher never saw him play (I don't like this). He also said that there is a possiblity that 7 to 9 1995 born players could join the team next year.

Templeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:16 PM
hfboardfanatic

Hey, little off topic, but does anyone know if Jamie Bishop is at camp? Does he still belong to Rimouski?

hfboardfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:08 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfboardfanatic View Post
Hey, little off topic, but does anyone know if Jamie Bishop is at camp? Does he still belong to Rimouski?
he played in the MHL last year.

his QMJHL career is over.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 06:37 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

How do Gravel, Gauthier and DeLuca look at camp ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:07 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

I'll be there tonight and tomorrow. I was also at the camp yesterday but I don't want to make early comments that I could regret (wasn't impressed with DeLuca for many reasons).

EDIT : I'll likely write a short report tonight after the game.

Last edited by ChuckyToGally: 08-16-2012 at 01:49 PM.
ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 02:37 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
I'll be there tonight and tomorrow. I was also at the camp yesterday but I don't want to make early comments that I could regret (wasn't impressed with DeLuca for many reasons).

EDIT : I'll likely write a short report tonight after the game.
Im gunna warn you, be CAREFUL of what you say about Anthony...

Anthony's father, Angelo is on these boards and does not take kindly to negative press regarding Anthony.

PM me your honest opinion on DeLuca, were probably on the same page

Old
08-17-2012, 10:12 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Im gunna warn you, be CAREFUL of what you say about Anthony...

Anthony's father, Angelo is on these boards and does not take kindly to negative press regarding Anthony.

PM me your honest opinion on DeLuca, were probably on the same page
It's a forum for discussions and he (or any other person) can disagree with my opinion. I respect other opinions and I expect the same when it comes to me. So, nothing against his father but I will say what I have to say about him (no personnal attack, hockey related only).

DeLuca was honestly a lot better yesterday than he was on Wednesday. I don't expect him to be a dominant player this year but the talent is definitely there.

I didn't like his work ethic on Wednesday. He was floating around in the defensive zone and he was REALLY selfish with the puck. He did score on a nice one-timer but it was about it. I didn't like the may he yelled to always get the puck.

Apparently, the coaching staff saw the same thing since he was a different player yesterday. I wasn't impressed with his passing skills at first but after a couple shifts, he was a lot better. He has to learn to be a team player and that's exactly what I saw from him yesterday. Not sold on him yet.

Gravel was really impressive yesterday. He'll likely be the PP QB and I expect a great season from him as soon as this year. He should have a great career in the Q.

Gauthier was great on Wednesday but he was less active yesterday (but the same could be said about the entire blue team). He already has chemistry with Trainor and Oke. It's incredible to see how big the kid already is.

Morin will be an important part of the defensive group. He'll likely eat a lot of minutes and he is already a very solid stay-at-home defenseman. However, he has very little offensive instincts from what I saw so far.

I didn't see enough of Boudreau and Kostalek so I will wait before making any comment.

One thing is for sure, the future is bright in Rimouski and I can't wait for the first pre-season game tonight against Quebec.

Old
08-17-2012, 10:23 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
It's a forum for discussions and he (or any other person) can disagree with my opinion. I respect other opinions and I expect the same when it comes to me. So, nothing against his father but I will say what I have to say about him (no personnal attack, hockey related only).

DeLuca was honestly a lot better yesterday than he was on Wednesday. I don't expect him to be a dominant player this year but the talent is definitely there.

I didn't like his work ethic on Wednesday. He was floating around in the defensive zone and he was REALLY selfish with the puck. He did score on a nice one-timer but it was about it. I didn't like the may he yelled to always get the puck.

Apparently, the coaching staff saw the same thing since he was a different player yesterday. I wasn't impressed with his passing skills at first but after a couple shifts, he was a lot better. He has to learn to be a team player and that's exactly what I saw from him yesterday. Not sold on him yet.

Gravel was really impressive yesterday. He'll likely be the PP QB and I expect a great season from him as soon as this year. He should have a great career in the Q.

Gauthier was great on Wednesday but he was less active yesterday (but the same could be said about the entire blue team). He already has chemistry with Trainor and Oke. It's incredible to see how big the kid already is.

Morin will be an important part of the defensive group. He'll likely eat a lot of minutes and he is already a very solid stay-at-home defenseman. However, he has very little offensive instincts from what I saw so far.

I didn't see enough of Boudreau and Kostalek so I will wait before making any comment.

One thing is for sure, the future is bright in Rimouski and I can't wait for the first pre-season game tonight against Quebec.
Fair enough, just letting you know.

DeLuca's a project, he's got to use his teammates better and learn to stop getting by on talent.

Rimouski should be very powerful next year, and maybe this years Halifax.

How did Desrosiers look ?

Id appreaciate a Boudreau update, he played great in Jonquiere last year.

Old
08-17-2012, 11:00 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Fair enough, just letting you know.

DeLuca's a project, he's got to use his teammates better and learn to stop getting by on talent.

Rimouski should be very powerful next year, and maybe this years Halifax.

How did Desrosiers look ?

Id appreaciate a Boudreau update, he played great in Jonquiere last year.
I will get back to you about Desrosiers and Boudreau after tonight's'game.

Old
08-17-2012, 11:27 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I will get back to you about Desrosiers and Boudreau after tonight's'game.
Thanks, looking foward to it.

Old
08-18-2012, 01:46 AM
RJQuack

A) Why is he on these boards?
B) It's a message board who gives ****. If you can't handle criticism of a player with a bad rap, get off the boards.

Should we say De Luca is the greatest player in world because pop is on here ready to unload? Lol

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 08:59 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
A) Why is he on these boards?
B) It's a message board who gives ****. If you can't handle criticism of a player with a bad rap, get off the boards.

Should we say De Luca is the greatest player in world because pop is on here ready to unload? Lol
There's no rule on not being in these boards...

And well it's the place to go for prospects info...

Untill he pops in there's no point in talking about him.

Old
08-18-2012, 12:43 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

DeLuca was a beast yesterday against Quebec. He was everywhere on the ice and while he will never be a two-way forward, he can still be very effective. He was the best forward on the ice and if he can play with consistency, he'll be an offensive weapon all year long.

The first goal was scored by Gauthier, assisted by DeLuca and Gravel. I think we will often hear that during the season. DeLuca had 1 goal and 2 assists, while Gravel was once again the best offensive defenseman with 2 assists. He made a couple mistakes in his own zone but he is still really young, he will only get better. For some reason (not just the hair), I see a lot of Kris Letang in Gravel. Gauthier was solid in both ends of the ice but he was less flashy. He also missed an opened net and he wasn't too happy about it.

Morin will be THE defenseman to rely on. He is so good in his own zone.

Boudreau was playing on the same pairing than Morin. He was playing in the shadow of Morin and Gravel but we was very solid, especially in his own zone. He'll definitely be as regular this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get top 4 minutes.

Desrosiers wasn't very busy and it was tough to judge his play. He was quite solid and he made a couple key saves. That said, he was also shaky at times, especially with the low shots.

As I said before, it will be very interesting to follow those guys this season and for years to come.

Old
08-18-2012, 06:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
DeLuca was a beast yesterday against Quebec. He was everywhere on the ice and while he will never be a two-way forward, he can still be very effective. He was the best forward on the ice and if he can play with consistency, he'll be an offensive weapon all year long.

The first goal was scored by Gauthier, assisted by DeLuca and Gravel. I think we will often hear that during the season. DeLuca had 1 goal and 2 assists, while Gravel was once again the best offensive defenseman with 2 assists. He made a couple mistakes in his own zone but he is still really young, he will only get better. For some reason (not just the hair), I see a lot of Kris Letang in Gravel. Gauthier was solid in both ends of the ice but he was less flashy. He also missed an opened net and he wasn't too happy about it.

Morin will be THE defenseman to rely on. He is so good in his own zone.

Boudreau was playing on the same pairing than Morin. He was playing in the shadow of Morin and Gravel but we was very solid, especially in his own zone. He'll definitely be as regular this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get top 4 minutes.

Desrosiers wasn't very busy and it was tough to judge his play. He was quite solid and he made a couple key saves. That said, he was also shaky at times, especially with the low shots.

As I said before, it will be very interesting to follow those guys this season and for years to come.
The Rimouski 95's are scary good.