HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Futbol II

Old
08-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 500
It's a big win, but more mental than anything concrete. US men needed to win there to get that monkey off, but it means little if they don't build on it.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Yes because that was Mexico's first 11...

And there is no such thing as a monumental friendly result...
That starting 11 was more indicative of Mexico's starting 11 than it was ours. Not that any of it means much, but if that was Mexico's B+ team, that was our C- team.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:07 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
That starting 11 was more indicative of Mexico's starting 11 than it was ours. Not that any of it means much, but if that was Mexico's B+ team, that was our C- team.
Thank you...someone who actually knows some facts before trying to dump on the US team...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:09 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yes because that was Mexico's first 11...

And there is no such thing as a monumental friendly result...

With respect to how the US team felt after the win, and the sub-par lineup we fielded, yes it's a big result. Some of the US players were near tears after the win. When you're trying to build a program up all positive results matter. Team building 101....read the book.

Old
08-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

It's a "monumental" result if they are trying to build the team to park the bus and hope to get a fluke goal against the run of play.

Modern player and program development place very little importance on results. At least the successful ones.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 02:42 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
It's a "monumental" result if they are trying to build the team to park the bus and hope to get a fluke goal against the run of play.

Modern player and program development place very little importance on results. At least the successful ones.
Brad, remind us again who you root for professionally AND Internationally? I'd at least like the opportunity to spew negativity about your teams every single post like you do to everyone else. I mean fair is fair if you can take what you love to spew...

First win in 25 years in hostile territory of your biggest rival while fielding a 2nd/3rd team roster is a positive unless you're just a hater.

Old
08-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
Jesus Fing Christ should we go man for man down each of the lineups and decide who should and shouldn't be in the team and how they should play? Neither team was anywhere close what they would be in a competitive match either personnel wise or tactically.

You might as well tell me that DC United just beat Milan. I couldn't care less because it was a preseason friendly and 90% of the guys who got jerseys on either team weren't playing for the team but their spot on the team in the future.

If some NFL teams beats a team they hadn't beaten in forever in preseason nobody could care less. But this is some 'monumental' result? Call me when they win in the Azteca in a match that means anything, and that includes the stupid ass Gold Cup...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:38 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
With respect to how the US team felt after the win, and the sub-par lineup we fielded, yes it's a big result. Some of the US players were near tears after the win. When you're trying to build a program up all positive results matter. Team building 101....read the book.
Man it is almost like some NHL team won something meaningless like the Presidents Cup. What chapter is that anyway? Right after Hypocrisy 101 I guess...

Old
08-18-2012, 12:38 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Brad, remind us again who you root for professionally AND Internationally? I'd at least like the opportunity to spew negativity about your teams every single post like you do to everyone else. I mean fair is fair if you can take what you love to spew...

First win in 25 years in hostile territory of your biggest rival while fielding a 2nd/3rd team roster is a positive unless you're just a hater.
Long time Chelski fan in the house...

Old
08-18-2012, 09:53 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Man it is almost like some NHL team won something meaningless like the Presidents Cup. What chapter is that anyway? Right after Hypocrisy 101 I guess...
I've listened to announcers and pros on the radio the last few days, both here and in England. ALL are saying very positive things about the win. None are blowing it off as if it didn't mean a thing, instead they're heaping large amounts of praise on the US team.

Old
08-19-2012, 02:06 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Good start Chelsea, just taking care of business. Hazard looks like he's going to be a good one.

Old
08-19-2012, 02:14 PM
hb11xchamps

Now that the seasons are starting up again I would have to say my favorite club AC Milan had a very disappointing transfer season. Got rid of both Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to PSG. To me that is showing the fans you care more about making a profit then putting a winning team on the field.

hb11xchamps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 07:30 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

It's gotta hurt to be an AC Milan or Arsenal fan this year. The transfer sell offs are so tough to swallow if you're not rebuying something.

Old
08-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
I've listened to announcers and pros on the radio the last few days, both here and in England. ALL are saying very positive things about the win. None are blowing it off as if it didn't mean a thing, instead they're heaping large amounts of praise on the US team.
As opposed to all the negative things written when win teams win the Presidents Cup...?

Old
08-21-2012, 03:06 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
As opposed to all the negative things written when win teams win the Presidents Cup...?
Do you have a point? It's a positive thing either way.

Old
08-22-2012, 01:51 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Quote:

I agree, Timmy came up clutch when needed but I liked what I saw out of Geoff Cameron and Maurice Edu at CB even though they both probably will play there majority of minutes this year in the Midfield at Stoke...

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
I agree, Timmy came up clutch when needed but I liked what I saw out of Geoff Cameron and Maurice Edu at CB even though they both probably will play there majority of minutes this year in the Midfield at Stoke...
Cameron? Yes. Edu, not so much.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Do you have a point? It's a positive thing either way.
Yeah that the masses around here treat winning the Presidents Cup as a meaningless peace of krap, which is exactly what a friendly result, regardless of where it is played, against a team you beat reasonably often means.

We parked the bus, in a friggin' friendly for God's sake, at the Azteca and stole a massively undeserved victory... Woo hoo...!

I'd think a long time Chelski fan like yourself wouldn't be so easily impressed...

Old
08-23-2012, 12:27 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

You're right the rest of the world doesn't get it while seemingly you're the only one who does.....keep trying to piss on Team USA.

Old
08-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Yeah, because the "rest of the world" only includes the media from the US and England. Those two are the definitive authority on how the game should be played given their unparallelled success in national team development.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 09:30 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
Yeah, because the "rest of the world" only includes the media from the US and England. Those two are the definitive authority on how the game should be played given their unparallelled success in national team development.
Actually you can include Spain and Italy too...all have been positive.

How many is enough to satisfy? It's cool though, keep mindlessly bashing Team USA.

Old
08-24-2012, 09:32 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Chelsea still scarfing up players. Moses and Azpilicueta....

Old
08-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Actually you can include Spain and Italy too...all have been positive.

How many is enough to satisfy? It's cool though, keep mindlessly bashing Team USA.
I expect you to be equally enthralled every time a team parks the bus and gets a win on the road this season. Especially since these will be games that actually matter...

I heard someone from Team USA helped an old lady cross the street. I don't think this has ever happened before so where is the celebration...?

Old
08-24-2012, 01:25 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Who cares....get over it and move on.

Personally I don't care about parking the bus or not. You play sports to win, not to placate some fans who want more offense. Would I have enjoyed a 5-4 UCL finals win over a 2-1, sure, but I don't care because we got the win.

Old
08-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Who cares....get over it and move on.

Personally I don't care about parking the bus or not. You play sports to win, not to placate some fans who want more offense. Would I have enjoyed a 5-4 UCL finals win over a 2-1, sure, but I don't care because we got the win.
We...?

Yes you and your long time beloved Chelski got the win...