HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Futbol II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-16-2012, 10:32 PM
  #376
Chimaera
same ol' Caps
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: La Plata, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 21,534
vCash: 500
It's a big win, but more mental than anything concrete. US men needed to win there to get that monkey off, but it means little if they don't build on it.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 07:33 AM
  #377
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Yes because that was Mexico's first 11...

And there is no such thing as a monumental friendly result...
That starting 11 was more indicative of Mexico's starting 11 than it was ours. Not that any of it means much, but if that was Mexico's B+ team, that was our C- team.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:07 AM
  #378
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
That starting 11 was more indicative of Mexico's starting 11 than it was ours. Not that any of it means much, but if that was Mexico's B+ team, that was our C- team.
Thank you...someone who actually knows some facts before trying to dump on the US team...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:09 AM
  #379
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Yes because that was Mexico's first 11...

And there is no such thing as a monumental friendly result...

With respect to how the US team felt after the win, and the sub-par lineup we fielded, yes it's a big result. Some of the US players were near tears after the win. When you're trying to build a program up all positive results matter. Team building 101....read the book.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 02:01 PM
  #380
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Overtime
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
It's a "monumental" result if they are trying to build the team to park the bus and hope to get a fluke goal against the run of play.

Modern player and program development place very little importance on results. At least the successful ones.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 02:42 PM
  #381
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
It's a "monumental" result if they are trying to build the team to park the bus and hope to get a fluke goal against the run of play.

Modern player and program development place very little importance on results. At least the successful ones.
Brad, remind us again who you root for professionally AND Internationally? I'd at least like the opportunity to spew negativity about your teams every single post like you do to everyone else. I mean fair is fair if you can take what you love to spew...

First win in 25 years in hostile territory of your biggest rival while fielding a 2nd/3rd team roster is a positive unless you're just a hater.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:34 AM
  #382
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
That starting 11 was more indicative of Mexico's starting 11 than it was ours. Not that any of it means much, but if that was Mexico's B+ team, that was our C- team.
Jesus Fing Christ should we go man for man down each of the lineups and decide who should and shouldn't be in the team and how they should play? Neither team was anywhere close what they would be in a competitive match either personnel wise or tactically.

You might as well tell me that DC United just beat Milan. I couldn't care less because it was a preseason friendly and 90% of the guys who got jerseys on either team weren't playing for the team but their spot on the team in the future.

If some NFL teams beats a team they hadn't beaten in forever in preseason nobody could care less. But this is some 'monumental' result? Call me when they win in the Azteca in a match that means anything, and that includes the stupid ass Gold Cup...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:38 AM
  #383
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
With respect to how the US team felt after the win, and the sub-par lineup we fielded, yes it's a big result. Some of the US players were near tears after the win. When you're trying to build a program up all positive results matter. Team building 101....read the book.
Man it is almost like some NHL team won something meaningless like the Presidents Cup. What chapter is that anyway? Right after Hypocrisy 101 I guess...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:38 AM
  #384
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Brad, remind us again who you root for professionally AND Internationally? I'd at least like the opportunity to spew negativity about your teams every single post like you do to everyone else. I mean fair is fair if you can take what you love to spew...

First win in 25 years in hostile territory of your biggest rival while fielding a 2nd/3rd team roster is a positive unless you're just a hater.
Long time Chelski fan in the house...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 09:53 PM
  #385
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Man it is almost like some NHL team won something meaningless like the Presidents Cup. What chapter is that anyway? Right after Hypocrisy 101 I guess...
I've listened to announcers and pros on the radio the last few days, both here and in England. ALL are saying very positive things about the win. None are blowing it off as if it didn't mean a thing, instead they're heaping large amounts of praise on the US team.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 02:06 PM
  #386
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,626
vCash: 500
Good start Chelsea, just taking care of business. Hazard looks like he's going to be a good one.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 02:14 PM
  #387
hb11xchamps
Registered User
 
hb11xchamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 1,490
vCash: 500
Now that the seasons are starting up again I would have to say my favorite club AC Milan had a very disappointing transfer season. Got rid of both Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to PSG. To me that is showing the fans you care more about making a profit then putting a winning team on the field.

hb11xchamps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 07:30 PM
  #388
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,626
vCash: 500
It's gotta hurt to be an AC Milan or Arsenal fan this year. The transfer sell offs are so tough to swallow if you're not rebuying something.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:40 PM
  #389
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
I've listened to announcers and pros on the radio the last few days, both here and in England. ALL are saying very positive things about the win. None are blowing it off as if it didn't mean a thing, instead they're heaping large amounts of praise on the US team.
As opposed to all the negative things written when win teams win the Presidents Cup...?

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 03:06 PM
  #390
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
As opposed to all the negative things written when win teams win the Presidents Cup...?
Do you have a point? It's a positive thing either way.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 01:51 PM
  #391
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...
 
usahockey22flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Brad, remind us again who you root for professionally AND Internationally? I'd at least like the opportunity to spew negativity about your teams every single post like you do to everyone else. I mean fair is fair if you can take what you love to spew...

First win in 25 years in hostile territory of your biggest rival while fielding a 2nd/3rd team roster is a positive unless you're just a hater.

I agree, Timmy came up clutch when needed but I liked what I saw out of Geoff Cameron and Maurice Edu at CB even though they both probably will play there majority of minutes this year in the Midfield at Stoke...

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 03:26 PM
  #392
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
I agree, Timmy came up clutch when needed but I liked what I saw out of Geoff Cameron and Maurice Edu at CB even though they both probably will play there majority of minutes this year in the Midfield at Stoke...
Cameron? Yes. Edu, not so much.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:40 PM
  #393
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Do you have a point? It's a positive thing either way.
Yeah that the masses around here treat winning the Presidents Cup as a meaningless peace of krap, which is exactly what a friendly result, regardless of where it is played, against a team you beat reasonably often means.

We parked the bus, in a friggin' friendly for God's sake, at the Azteca and stole a massively undeserved victory... Woo hoo...!

I'd think a long time Chelski fan like yourself wouldn't be so easily impressed...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 12:27 PM
  #394
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,626
vCash: 500
You're right the rest of the world doesn't get it while seemingly you're the only one who does.....keep trying to piss on Team USA.



CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 03:12 PM
  #395
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Overtime
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Yeah, because the "rest of the world" only includes the media from the US and England. Those two are the definitive authority on how the game should be played given their unparallelled success in national team development.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 09:30 AM
  #396
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
Yeah, because the "rest of the world" only includes the media from the US and England. Those two are the definitive authority on how the game should be played given their unparallelled success in national team development.
Actually you can include Spain and Italy too...all have been positive.


How many is enough to satisfy? It's cool though, keep mindlessly bashing Team USA.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 09:32 AM
  #397
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,626
vCash: 500
Chelsea still scarfing up players. Moses and Azpilicueta....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 01:23 PM
  #398
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Actually you can include Spain and Italy too...all have been positive.


How many is enough to satisfy? It's cool though, keep mindlessly bashing Team USA.
I expect you to be equally enthralled every time a team parks the bus and gets a win on the road this season. Especially since these will be games that actually matter...

I heard someone from Team USA helped an old lady cross the street. I don't think this has ever happened before so where is the celebration...?

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 01:25 PM
  #399
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,626
vCash: 500
Who cares....get over it and move on.


Personally I don't care about parking the bus or not. You play sports to win, not to placate some fans who want more offense. Would I have enjoyed a 5-4 UCL finals win over a 2-1, sure, but I don't care because we got the win.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 01:47 PM
  #400
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Who cares....get over it and move on.


Personally I don't care about parking the bus or not. You play sports to win, not to placate some fans who want more offense. Would I have enjoyed a 5-4 UCL finals win over a 2-1, sure, but I don't care because we got the win.
We...?

Yes you and your long time beloved Chelski got the win...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.