HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

The MLD 2012 Assassination Thread

Old
08-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Canadiens1958

vCash: 500
Jack Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Let's go back and retrace our steps here. You used the fact that he couldn't make the NHL after three years off as evidence that he was slow. When challened you provided no other evidence to back it up. Milt Schmidt, one of the finest players of all-time, proves nothing. He was good enough to recover. Kampman wasn't. All the guys who were, were drafted a long time ago.

Clearly the knock on Kampman is his short career. If he had a 15 year career of fairly significant all star votes, contribution to winning teams, physicality and legendary strength, he would be in Leo Reise territory. But he played 5 years. This is why he is an 1100th-ish pick. The footspeed thing is just a really stinky red herring. Not sure why you feel the need to make it about something it's not.
Seems like the Jack Church example, Kampman's teammate with the Leafs zipped right by you.

Church:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...churcja01.html

Missed two seasons of hockey but played in the post WWII NHL.

So your defence of Bingo now rests on a fantasy 15 career. Give it up. Admit his short comings.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 06:38 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur
Well, first of all, with the information posted about how Canada selected it's representative teams for the World Championships, I'm not nearly as high on Zabrodsky as I was when we picked him. Even when we picked him, he was kind of mystery, which is why he's always been a sppare.
Right, I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm still not sure if the early-mid 50s Soviets shouldn't be painted with the same brush, however.

Quote:
Futhermore, when we making our pitch for Zabodsky as a 2nd liner, the biggest point of comparison was Sven Tumba, somebody with who there is a comparable level of competition. I'm not sure what you think we were claiming about him, but it certainly wasn't aywhere near the level of "best goalie".
Exactly.

(though I've become convinced as of late that Tumba's greatness is much better established than Zabrodsky or Bobrov's)

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 06:40 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
Seems like the Jack Church example, Kampman's teammate with the Leafs zipped right by you.

Church:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...churcja01.html

Missed two seasons of hockey but played in the post WWII NHL.

So your defence of Bingo now rests on a fantasy 15 career. Give it up. Admit his short comings.
We would take the statement of Bingo Kampman's poor skating more seriously if you would provide a source. I know you weren't around watching hockey with a critical eye in the 1930s

Old
08-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Canadiens1958

Other Coaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
And a combined 5 full seasons of NHL head coaching experience plus two partial seasons
Which is more than Bun Cook, Bill Dineen and Bobby Kromm.

Old
08-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Canadiens1958

Interesting Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnobs View Post
I've got to ask and I think it's an important question. Should europeans be cross-compared to their canadian counterparts in the earlier eras?

When the soviets started to play hockey they were basically at the same level as canadians when they started, correct. Isn't it unfair then to compare them to a culture who has played hockey for nearly 5 decades longer?

For example, Tom Paton gets great recognition here and Im fine with it. No doubt he was a great goalie but were he greater than a Soviet/Swedish/Finnish/Czech goalie at the same level or era?

Obviously it would be pretty complicated to determine what era each country is in at a certain given time but I feel its something that should atleast be explored.
Interesting point.

When Canadiens started playing hockey they were learning as they went along. Not getting into the when question here.

When the Swedes, Czechs and later the Soviets started hockey they
had the benefit of the knowledge of the game of hockey that had accumulated.

Still the major impetus to the development of Czech hockey was the contribution of Canadian Mike Buchna - link posted previously in this thread.

The Czechs then took the accumulated knowledge plus Mike Buchna's contribution to the Soviet Union in 1948.

On a timeline the early Canadians had the basic intro course, the Czechs benefitted from the intermediate level course while the Soviets received the advanced course. This should contribute contribute to the context as should the level of competition.

Specifically Frank McGee:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_M...8ice_hockey%29

scored 14 goals in a SC challenge game against Dawson City a very weak opponent.

So the scoring exploits of European stars like Bobrov, Zabrodsky in 18-2, type blowouts against weak European opposition should be looked at in the same light as Frank McGee's 14 goal game. Nice curiosity, trivia but not valid indication of talent.

Old
08-19-2012, 07:16 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Which is more than Bun Cook, Bill Dineen and Bobby Kromm.
Three coaches with extensive success in other leagues.

You've been around long enough to know there is a big difference between the Original 6 era AHL / WHA and the modern farm system AHL. As coach of the Cleveland Barons (an independent AHL team that seems to have had a budget similar to the weaker NHL teams in the Original 6), Bun Cook had the 7th most prestigious coaching job in North Amerca for a very long time. And considering how poorly the Rangers and Blackhawks were managed during this time frame, there's a very good chance that coaching the Barons was considered more desirable

I know Guy Boucher was very good in a very short career in the modern (farm league) AHL. What did Ruel accomplish in the minors?

Old
08-19-2012, 07:19 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Really a question of both. How to adjust to attack and defend against the 1-3-1 while taking elements from it to benefit the Orfuns.

Guy Boucher also brings various modern psychological, technical, systematic and international backgrounds to the staff.

Claude Ruel and Guy Boucher give the Orfuns an extensive and diverse coaching background, unmatched by other coaches or staffs in the MLD.
What does Claude Ruel bring to the table? He won a cup, okay. What kind of coach was he? He had an absolutely stacked team to work with, but managed to win just four rounds in the playoffs over those years. What psychological backgrounds does Guy Boucher bring? Being intense? I hardly count being an assistant coach for a U18 WJC team for 3 years and an assistant for one U20 WJC relevant international experience.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 07:21 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
What does Claude Ruel bring to the table? He won a cup, okay. What kind of coach was he? He had an absolutely stacked team to work with, but managed to win just four rounds in the playoffs over those years. What psychological backgrounds does Guy Boucher bring? Being intense? I hardly count being an assistant coach for a U18 WJC team for 3 years and an assistant for one U20 WJC relevant international experience.
Ruel managed to piss Henri Richard off big time. That takes some form of talent, right?

Ruel seems like a guy who was great with young players, bad with old vets.

Benched Henri Richard because he felt he was too old to play, Richard never forgave him, and this is partially what let to Ruel's dismissal. Richard would go on to contribute a lot to the 71 and 73 Cups after Ruel was fired.

Ruel then got his name on the Cup a bunch of times as Director of Player Development for the 70s dynasty

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 08-19-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old
08-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
I know Guy Boucher was very good in a very short career in the modern (farm league) AHL. What did Ruel accomplish in the minors?
Boucher coached like 10 years in the QMJHL before going to the AHL. He also coached with Team Canada's Jr. program in at least 3 tournaments that I can think of.

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Canadiens1958

You Asked For It

Quote:
We would take the statement of Bingo Kampman's poor skating more seriously if you would provide a source. I know you weren't around watching hockey with a critical eye in the 1930s
Now Joe Pelletier tries to put players in a positive light. I am more than happy to just make a comment that nudges things towards a perspective that is more realistic, but no, you have to press the point, just like seventies so here we go:

http://mapleleafslegends.blogspot.ca...o-kampman.html

Note how Joe Pelletier describes Bingo Kampman's skating.

Old
08-19-2012, 07:28 PM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnobs View Post
I've got to ask and I think it's an important question. Should europeans be cross-compared to their canadian counterparts in the earlier eras?
Should Bobrov and Zabrodsky be compared to guys like Dan Bain and Tommy Phillips instead of Frank Mahovlich and Sid Abel?

I think the vast majority of GMs here, if not all, think not. It is important to consider how good each player was compared to the best of their time. I know that you don't like to hear that, but that gold standard is the NHL.

If Uganda started their hockey program right now , and in 20 years had joined the "big 7" , should Gms in 50 years look at whoever was their pioneer and best player of this era, and consider him on par worth cyclone Taylor?

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 07:28 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Ooh, Bobby Kromm was an assistant coach for the 1976 Canada Cup team that won gold. He coached at a higher level than Guy Boucher so he's automatically better. Am I doing it right?

Old
08-19-2012, 07:32 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Ooh, Bobby Kromm was an assistant coach for the 1976 Canada Cup team that won gold. He coached at a higher level than Guy Boucher so he's automatically better. Am I doing it right?
No, according to Todd Akin he has to have "legitimately" coached the 1976 Canada Cup team for it to matter.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
Should Bobrov and Zabrodsky be compared to guys like Dan Bain and Tommy Phillips instead of Frank Mahovlich and Sid Abel?

I think the vast majority of GMs here, if not all, think not. It is important to consider how good each player was compared to the best of their time. I know that you don't like to hear that, but that gold standard is the NHL.

If Uganda started their hockey program right now , and in 20 years had joined the "big 7" , should Gms in 50 years look at whoever was their pioneer and best player of this era, and consider him on par worth cyclone Taylor?
If hockey started in Uganda today they wouldn't be any good because there is no culture of ice sports.

When hockey started in Russia they were at the same place as when hockey started in Canada. There is the difference. Same with Sweden, Czechoslovakia and Finland.

Hobnobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Canadiens1958

Wrong

Quote:
Ruel managed to piss Henri Richard off big time. That takes some form of talent, right?

Ruel seems like a guy who was great with young players, bad with old vets.

Benched Henri Richard because he felt he was too old to play, Richard never forgave him, and this is partially what let to Ruel's dismissal. Richard would go on to contribute a lot to the 71 and 73 Cups after Ruel was fired.

Ruel then got his name on the Cup a bunch of times as Director of Player Development for the 70s dynasty
Factually wrong. After Claude Ruel resigned,not fired, Al MacNeil took over and it was MacNeil who benched J.C. Tremblay, and Henri Richard which led Richard to call Al MacNeil the worst coach he had ever played for.

Claude Ruel coached the junior Canadiens for a few years - Jacques Laperrierre, Yvan Cournoyer, Andre Boudrias era, then became Toe Blake's assistant. After Scotty Bowman arrived Claude Ruel was his assistant on ice in practice AND he was the teams Director of Player Development which included scouting, follow-up with drafted players and the AHL team.

Old
08-19-2012, 07:41 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Dan Bain and especially Tommy Phillips are too late. Bob MacDougall and Dolly Swift are guys who played when Canadian hockey was probably in a similar stage of development as European hockey of the Bobrov era.

Maybe those two are still too late; I don't know. I mentioned Allan Cameron and Tom Paton as the best of the early 1890s.

But you'll never convince me that the best players in Europe during the Bobrov era were worse than those who played in the 1883 Winter Carnival

Quote:
This is definitely important, but to me, determining the quality of a player's competition is also important

Quote:
IMO, modern Germany hockey might a better comparison to 1950s Europe. If you think Germany is too good, maybe look at Norway. The National Team as a whole is worse than an AHL team, but every so often a standout player is produced

Old
08-19-2012, 07:42 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Factually wrong. After Claude Ruel resigned,not fired, Al MacNeil took over and it was MacNeil who benched J.C. Tremblay, and Henri Richard which led Richard to call Al MacNeil the worst coach he had ever played for.

Claude Ruel coached the junior Canadiens for a few years - Jacques Laperrierre, Yvan Cournoyer, Andre Boudrias era, then became Toe Blake's assistant. After Scotty Bowman arrived Claude Ruel was his assistant on ice in practice AND he was the teams Director of Player Development which included scouting, follow-up with drafted players and the AHL team.
Lol, big time fail on my part. Can't keep my short lived coaches straight. I was well aware of Ruel's role during the 70s dynasty, but got his brief head coaching tenure mixed up with MacNeil's. Not a lot of stability on the Canadiens bench between Blake and Bowman

Sounds like Ruel has a great resume to be an assistant coach here

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 08-19-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old
08-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Velociraptor

Quote:
Lol, big time fail on my part. Can't keep my short lived coaches straight. I was well aware of Ruel's role during the 70s dynasty, but got his brief coaching tenure mixed up with MacNeil's. Not a lot of stability on the Canadiens bench between Blake and Bowman

Sounds like Ruel has a great resume to be an assistant coach here
And Guy Boucher certainly doesn't have a great resume to be a head coach, so there are two assistant coaches on the Orfuns.

Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Canadiens1958

Ideally

Quote:

If Uganda started their hockey program right now, and in 20 years had joined the "big 7" , should Gms in 50 years look at whoever was their pioneer and best player of this era, and consider him on par worth cyclone Taylor?
Ideally we would have a data bank that was viable and vesatile to compare across eras. As a GM the "of their time"factor is more important. Not the case for historians.

Uganda has ice hockey:

http://icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/Uganda

Old
08-19-2012, 08:04 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
And Guy Boucher certainly doesn't have a great resume to be a head coach, so there are two assistant coaches on the Orfuns.
Ruel has been used as a head coach here before, I think. I just think his resume as an assistant coach is outstanding vs a meh one as a head coach.

Generally head coaches don't "resign" to take lesser positions in the same organization completely of their own free will

Old
08-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
Ideally we would have a data bank that was viable and vesatile to compare across eras. As a GM the "of their time"factor is more important. Not the case for historians.

Uganda has ice hockey:

http://icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/Uganda
Not really but they have started to develop one...

Hobnobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 09:04 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post

PP1: Thomas Vanek - Paul Haynes - Jimmy Ward - Mark Streit - Mike Green
PP2: Ed Sandford - Donald Smith - Eddie Wiseman - Mark Streit/Miroslav Dvorak - Mike Green/Doug Young

PK1: Todd Marchant - Jimmy Roberts - Walt Buswell - Scott Hannan
PK2: Charlie Sands - Steve Sullivan - Miroslav Dvorak - Doug Young
PK3: Paul Haynes - Jimmy Ward
Forwards

The first line brings basically everything you need. Vanek is a strong goal-scorer, and Haynes and Ward provide more than enough playmaking to get the most of his abilities. Ward has physicality and two-way play, and Haynes has some defensive abilities as well. Just a well built line. On the second line, I like that you got a bodyguard of sorts in Sandford to protect the smaller Smith and Wiseman. I'm not sure how much I buy Don Smith here. What was his competition like in the FAHL, MHL, and OPHL? I don't think it was very good. And in his NHA seasons, his finishes aren't really that impressive. He seems like a bit of weak link. Sandford and Wiseman are a good combo, but I'm not sure Smith or even Zabrodsky are really a good option. I'm not sure what to think of the 3rd line. They're probably going to score more goals than most 3rd lines, but they have a little defensive ability with Sands and Sullivan. With the way you built your 4th line, I guess you can get away with that type of 3rd line. The 4th line is definitely your shutdown line. They won't score much, but they'll serve their purpose.

Defense

This is a solid first pairing. You've done what you can to get the most out of Mike Green's unique skillset pairing him with Buswell. I'd still feel hesitant putting this pairing out in tough situations at the end of games, despite the fact that Buswell is one of the best stay at home defensemen in the draft. I like the 2nd pairing as well. Two solid but unspectacular guys that can bring enough puckmoving ability while still being strong in their own zone. I'm very impressed with Scott Hannan's TOI finishes. I had no idea he was that relied upon, especially on those Sharks teams in the mid 2000s. He's an embarrassment of riches on a 3rd pairing, and complements Streit well. This might be the best defensive unit overall in the entire draft, and is definitely a strong point for this team.

Goalies

Moran is near the top in terms of starters, and Lemelin is a very good backup as well. Lemelin might be a better goalie than some starters here.

Special Teams

Very strong first PP unit, but the 2nd unit lacks punch IMO. I'd consider splitting up Streit and Green in order to guarantee that the 2nd unit has a strong PPQB. PK units look pretty good, mostly thanks to your strong defensemen.

Old
08-19-2012, 10:18 PM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
so after some deliberation, this is what I'm leaning towards now lineup wise:

Steve Vickers - Robbie Ftorek - Marian Stastny
Anton Stastny - Cliff Ronning - Willi Plett
Sami Kapanen - Wayne Merrick - Tom Hooper
Dave Reid - Larry Patey - Wayne Presley

Bingo Kampman - Hy Buller
Tomas Kaberle - Mike Milbury
Igor Stelnov - Sergei Starikov

Cam Ward
Gilles Meloche

PP1:
Steve Vickers - Robbie Ftorek - Marian Stastny
Tomas Kaberle - Hy Buller
(thought is with Buller acting as the trigger man much like McCabe did in Toronto frequently)

PP2:
Anton Stastny - Cliff Ronning - Tom Hooper
Sami Kapanen - Sergei Starikov

PK1:
Dave Reid - Larry Patey
Bingo Kampman - Mike Milbury

PK2:
Robbie Ftorek - Wayne Presley
Igor Stelnov - Sergei Starikov

PK Spares (in case one of the PKers is in the box):
F Sami Kapanen, RW/D Tom Hooper, C Wayne Merrick, D Hy Buller

Spares:
RW Alexei Morozov
LW/C Hib Milks
D Jaro Spacek
D Bob Plager

Morozov and Milks capable of coming off the bench and being in the top 6 if necessary, Spacek if we need another offensive dman, Plager if we need a more stay at home guy.

bios are available here for most of the guys:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...87&postcount=5
Due to my work schedule will only get to do a couple assasinations but I wanted to do this team:

Line 1:

I've always liked Vickers, the guy was a decent scoring winger during his career. He looks like he'll be one of the lead offensive guys on this line, solid pick. Ftorek is the do everything guy on this line, kind of like a Theo Fleury, not very big but he'll do anything you ask of him. Marian was the 2nd best of the Statsny's, much like Vickers he'll be a good offensive player for you. Solid 1st line.

Line 2:

I thought long and hard about picking Anton Statsny in the ATD but decided against it, he's a great pick for this level. As is Cliff Ronning, both are able passers. Willi Plett adds a bit of grit to the line. I guess Anton will be the goal scorer here but the line could suffer from the lack of a true goal scorer.

Line 3:

Kapanen is a decent pick, his numbers won't immediately jump out at you but he was always a solid player. Like Kapanen Merrick's a good 2 way player. I like Tom Hooper as well, he should be the offensive catalyst of this line, he played a good 2 way game as well which will fit in well with Kapanen and Merrick. Solid line.

Line 4:

Dave Reid was one of the top PK guys of his era, solid pick. Larry Patey was a good defensive guy. Wayne Presley, the same more or less. Will be a good shutdown line for late in games.

Extra Forwards:

Morosov and Milks will be good guys for you coming off the bench. Maybe depending on the matchup you could put Morosov into the starting lineup ahead of Presley or Plett.

Defensive Pairing 1:

Both Kampman and Buller read as more defensive than offensive but from what I read on Buller he was a good passer so he'll probably be the offensive guy on this line. Solid pairing.

Defensive Pairing 2:

Kaberle and Milbury offer a clash of styles but I think both will work good together. Kaberle's one of the better offensive defenseman in this draft so I expect you to give him a lot of ice time on the power play. Milbury will prove to be an asset for you and I think he'll protect Kaberle quite well so that Kaberle do his thing, solid pairing.

Defensive Pairing 3:

Starikov and Stelnov read as a good pairing. Starikov was actually compared to Larry Robinson which is nothing to sneeze at. They should be a solid pair for you.

Extra Defensemen:

Spacek and Plager should provide good play for your team and be adequate replacements should one of you guys go down to injury.

Goaltending:

Like me you drafted a modern goalie for your #1, Ward has played quite well over the course of his career and should be an adequate #1 for you here. Meloche will be an able backup, we drafted him in the 2010 AAA draft did we not?

Coaching:

Bill Dineen was one of the best WHA coaches of all time, he should be fine for your team.

Overall thoughts:

Good team you have drafted here, best of luck to you.

08-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Velociraptor

Made some changes to the line up, please refer to the earlier roster post.

- Alex Smith will now be on the bottom pairing with Gary Sargent, instead of Christian Ehrhoff. This will hopefully put an end to C1958 calling the Castors' defensive corps "slow" even if several reputable sources say otherwise.
- Stu Barnes and Colin Patterson will man the first penalty killing unit, respectively they killed 30% and 44% of their teams penalties.

Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Dreakmur

Thanks for the review, I'll hopefully get a chance to return the favour.

Quote:
Forwards

The first line brings basically everything you need. Vanek is a strong goal-scorer, and Haynes and Ward provide more than enough playmaking to get the most of his abilities. Ward has physicality and two-way play, and Haynes has some defensive abilities as well. Just a well built line. On the second line, I like that you got a bodyguard of sorts in Sandford to protect the smaller Smith and Wiseman. I'm not sure how much I buy Don Smith here. What was his competition like in the FAHL, MHL, and OPHL? I don't think it was very good. And in his NHA seasons, his finishes aren't really that impressive. He seems like a bit of weak link. Sandford and Wiseman are a good combo, but I'm not sure Smith or even Zabrodsky are really a good option. I'm not sure what to think of the 3rd line. They're probably going to score more goals than most 3rd lines, but they have a little defensive ability with Sands and Sullivan. With the way you built your 4th line, I guess you can get away with that type of 3rd line. The 4th line is definitely your shutdown line. They won't score much, but they'll serve their purpose.
The way our team is built, we have solid two-way abilities on all 4 lines, so we aren't going to be very worried about hiding any of our forward lines. In most situations, we'll likely just go power vs power. In defensive zone face-offs against powerful lines, we'll likely mix and match to create a shut-down line. Sandford will move up to the Haynes line of down to the Marchant line in most situations.

As for Donald Smith, he's defiantely the weakest player in our top-6, but if you compare him to all the other 2nd line centers, he stands up very well. His peak probably wasn't as high as some others, but he was one of the premier players for a decade. Over that 10 year span (1907-1916), he scored at a goal-per-game pace. 191 goals in 185 games. Just to take a random player of that era, Joe Malone scored 161 goals in 131 games in that same timefame.

In the NHA and PCHA, his percentages vs. #1 were surprisingly resppectable: 88, 71, 70, 62, 44, 42 (and if you account for major outliers, that 44 becomes 70)

Quote:
Defense

This is a solid first pairing. You've done what you can to get the most out of Mike Green's unique skillset pairing him with Buswell. I'd still feel hesitant putting this pairing out in tough situations at the end of games, despite the fact that Buswell is one of the best stay at home defensemen in the draft. I like the 2nd pairing as well. Two solid but unspectacular guys that can bring enough puckmoving ability while still being strong in their own zone. I'm very impressed with Scott Hannan's TOI finishes. I had no idea he was that relied upon, especially on those Sharks teams in the mid 2000s. He's an embarrassment of riches on a 3rd pairing, and complements Streit well. This might be the best defensive unit overall in the entire draft, and is definitely a strong point for this team.
You're not the only one who wouldn't trust Mike Green in key defensive situations. He won't be out there!

Quote:
Goalies

Moran is near the top in terms of starters, and Lemelin is a very good backup as well. Lemelin might be a better goalie than some starters here.
I don't see any goalies in this draft who can challenge Moran for the top spot.

Maybe I'm biased, but here is why I'm thinking that: 15 years as a starting goalie, 2 Stanley Cups, loads of contemporary sources to support his greatess and stardom, and documented clutch play.

Quote:
Special Teams

Very strong first PP unit, but the 2nd unit lacks punch IMO. I'd consider splitting up Streit and Green in order to guarantee that the 2nd unit has a strong PPQB. PK units look pretty good, mostly thanks to your strong defensemen.
That's fair.

Last edited by Dreakmur: 08-20-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote