Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012/2013 Point Projections

Old
08-18-2012, 07:00 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
There is absolutely no reason to play Tanguay on the point, and I hope Hartley doesn't do that like Sutter did. Yes, he can set up plays, but a) he had a clear preference for Iginla and b) his slapshot is about as scary as a child's laughter. Brodie is no Weber, but he shoots harder than Tanguay, IIRC, and he should be equally as effective as a PP QB.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 08:52 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
There is absolutely no reason to play Tanguay on the point, and I hope Hartley doesn't do that like Sutter did. Yes, he can set up plays, but a) he had a clear preference for Iginla and b) his slapshot is about as scary as a child's laughter. Brodie is no Weber, but he shoots harder than Tanguay, IIRC, and he should be equally as effective as a PP QB.
Why he had the second best power play points per game on the team he was great at it.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:48 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post
Irving needs to play 20 games or he becomes UFA. We can't lose him because we have underplayed him. I'm sure Feaster knows this.
If he earns the time he will pay, Feaster isn't the coach. He can put the team together but he doesn't get to determine playing time.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 12:29 AM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Why he had the second best power play points per game on the team he was great at it.
I think he'd be better suited to playing up front, that's all. And given the fact that he was often out for the majority of PP time, that point total is pretty much expected (he was basically competing with Iggy, Gio, and Jokinen in terms of minutes).

Old
08-19-2012, 10:15 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
I think he'd be better suited to playing up front, that's all. And given the fact that he was often out for the majority of PP time, that point total is pretty much expected (he was basically competing with Iggy, Gio, and Jokinen in terms of minutes).
You may be right but I like having the shooting Wideman paired with a playmaker so that is either Tanguay or Jbo.

The other reason I want Tanguay on the point is Tanguay-Cammy-Iginla are a guarantee to be the first power play unit together but no one is going to screen the goalie as Cammy and Tanguay love to set up at the circles and Tanguay likes to go high or low to set up plays so then Jbo has to screen that doesn't seem very effective but with Tanguay on the point we can add Glencross who loves to go to the net and is a good screen (we will miss Jokinen at this as he was a very good screen) making the overall powerplay more effective, I would then have

Sven - Cervenka/Backlund - Hudler
Gio - Jbo

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 01:19 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
The problem with the predictions is that we really don't have an energy line, so predicting ice time distribution is difficult.

Tangs - Cervenka - Iginla
Baertschi - Backlund - Hudler
Cammy - Stajan - Comeau
Glencross - Jones - Stempniak

We could be the only team that has a 25 goal scorer on each line.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Pilkington

vCash: 500
Iginla-65
Cammy-41
Tangs-57
Hudler-26
Cervenka-14
Glencross-44
Baertschi-32
Backlund-16
Stempniak-41
Comeau-23
Stajan-34
Jackman-15

Bouwmeester-34
Wideman-36
Gio-29
Brodie-11
Sarich-6
Smith-5
Babchuk-7

Kipper-34 Wins

Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
The problem with the predictions is that we really don't have an energy line, so predicting ice time distribution is difficult.

Tangs - Cervenka - Iginla
Baertschi - Backlund - Hudler
Cammy - Stajan - Comeau
Glencross - Jones - Stempniak

We could be the only team that has a 25 goal scorer on each line.
Sadly it's far more likely we are the only team with just one 25 goal scorer.

Old
08-19-2012, 07:42 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilkington View Post
Sadly it's far more likely we are the only team with just one 25 goal scorer.
And eleven 24 goal scorers!

No?

Old
08-19-2012, 08:00 PM
tfong

Quote:
And eleven 24 goal scorers!

No?
No.

lol.

tfong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Volica

I have a sneaking suspension that Feaster and co. have additional insight on Cervenka than we all previously thought. I honestly think that they feel be might be a top line center, and could find his way onto the first line at an early point this season. One way or another, I have a feeling he'll be cracking the 40 point plateau this year. Having watched him play for the Czech's as well as a few of his KHL games, the guy has game.

This year will go either one of two ways:
1) We have 5-6 guys above the 50 point mark (Jarome, Tanguay, Cammy, Hudler, Glencross & Cervenka), with 2-3 of them above or about 70 (Jarome, Tangs, Cammy). We might have a couple Dmen over 40 points, however I think Gio takes a step back offensively and a big step forward on his D game. Kipper will again play a ton down the stretch and end up with 37-40 wins; maybe more if the addition of Hudler helps us out on the shootout. Sven/Backlund will fhave breakout/first seasons to remember, Backlund over 40 and Sven near the 40 mark.
We end up in the 5-7 spot in the West.

OR

2) We will have the one of the most miserable seasons to remember; nothing will work as intended. Cervenka won't be able to keep up with the NA game, Hudler shows he's only a third liner, Wideman shows he loves being a deep - player. Sven will be sent down to Abby in a month, Backlund shows he isn't an NHL top 6 center, Kipper ends up playing too many games and Iriving gets like 3 wins all season... I really don't wish this.
We end up hanging out with Edmonton and Columbus at the bottom of the pile.

I think a lot of people write the Flames off. They like to point out:"Oh, how many years in a row have you missed the playoffs again?" A lot of people like to forget, if it wasn't for these random stretches where the Flames couldn't beat a WHL team (inexplicable, it was ridiculously frustrating having Calgary go and beat these high echelon teams only to be smoked by bottom feeders while playing miserable the entire time) and if they were simply a 50% OT/SO team; by simply beating CBJ or EDM one more time (along with the 50% OT hockey) the LA Kings would not have been Stanley Cup champs.

Unsure of why Calgary gets the shaft always, out of all the Canadian teams, we played the third most meaningful hockey...

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 12:27 AM
RA9

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
I have a sneaking suspension that Feaster and co. have additional insight on Cervenka than we all previously thought. I honestly think that they feel be might be a top line center, and could find his way onto the first line at an early point this season. One way or another, I have a feeling he'll be cracking the 40 point plateau this year. Having watched him play for the Czech's as well as a few of his KHL games, the guy has game.

This year will go either one of two ways:
1) We have 5-6 guys above the 50 point mark (Jarome, Tanguay, Cammy, Hudler, Glencross & Cervenka), with 2-3 of them above or about 70 (Jarome, Tangs, Cammy). We might have a couple Dmen over 40 points, however I think Gio takes a step back offensively and a big step forward on his D game. Kipper will again play a ton down the stretch and end up with 37-40 wins; maybe more if the addition of Hudler helps us out on the shootout. Sven/Backlund will fhave breakout/first seasons to remember, Backlund over 40 and Sven near the 40 mark.
We end up in the 5-7 spot in the West.

OR

2) We will have the one of the most miserable seasons to remember; nothing will work as intended. Cervenka won't be able to keep up with the NA game, Hudler shows he's only a third liner, Wideman shows he loves being a deep - player. Sven will be sent down to Abby in a month, Backlund shows he isn't an NHL top 6 center, Kipper ends up playing too many games and Iriving gets like 3 wins all season... I really don't wish this.
We end up hanging out with Edmonton and Columbus at the bottom of the pile.

I think a lot of people write the Flames off. They like to point out:"Oh, how many years in a row have you missed the playoffs again?" A lot of people like to forget, if it wasn't for these random stretches where the Flames couldn't beat a WHL team (inexplicable, it was ridiculously frustrating having Calgary go and beat these high echelon teams only to be smoked by bottom feeders while playing miserable the entire time) and if they were simply a 50% OT/SO team; by simply beating CBJ or EDM one more time (along with the 50% OT hockey) the LA Kings would not have been Stanley Cup champs.

Unsure of why Calgary gets the shaft always, out of all the Canadian teams, we played the third most meaningful hockey...
But didn't you hear that Calgary is full of old geezers and has absolutely no prospects aside from that Bartschi kid?

RA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilkington View Post
Iginla-65
Cammy-41
Tangs-57
Hudler-26
Cervenka-14
Glencross-44
Baertschi-32
Backlund-16
Stempniak-41
Comeau-23
Stajan-34
Jackman-15

Bouwmeester-34
Wideman-36
Gio-29
Brodie-11
Sarich-6
Smith-5
Babchuk-7

Kipper-34 Wins
While I doubt we put up the points MVW posted, this just seems insanely low.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:46 AM
RA9

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Hudler at 26 points and cerevenka at 14 :

RA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 06:43 AM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Here are my predictions:

Iginla-72
Cammy-58
Tangs-57
Hudler-49
Cervenka-40
Glencross-51
Baertschi-41
Backlund-37
Stempniak-29
Comeau-23
Stajan-32
Jackman-18

Bouwmeester-34
Wideman-42
Gio-36
Brodie-21
Sarich-5
Smith-12
Babchuk-5

Kipper-36 Wins

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:04 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Here are my predictions:

Iginla-72
Cammy-58
Tangs-57
Hudler-49
Cervenka-40
Glencross-51
Baertschi-41
Backlund-37
Stempniak-29
Comeau-23
Stajan-32
Jackman-18

Bouwmeester-34
Wideman-42
Gio-36
Brodie-21
Sarich-5
Smith-12
Babchuk-5

Kipper-36 Wins
This seems close.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Ynnek

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
This seems close.
Close but no way Cammy and Tangs aren't closer to 70 points.

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Ynnek

vCash: 177
Quote:
That is crazy low. Those are close to goal scoring totals though if you take out a handfull of them.

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:03 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynnek View Post
Close but no way Cammy and Tangs aren't closer to 70 points.
Thats if the stars align, I am thinking when you factor in injuries, lineup shuffling and all that they will be around 60 points. I think expecting 70 out of Cammy is just unlikely.

Old
08-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

My point projections may be optimistic in some cases, but I also did them assuming all the players are healthy for all 82 games.

Circumstances arise and things happen that affect performance, but assuming the players are healthy then I see no reason why they shouldn't put up those numbers.

The one section that will be hard to obtain is the defensive numbers I posted. But I do expect us to see a dramatic increase in production from our backend. I think the addition of Wideman and another year of seasoning from Brodie will really help to get things going offensively. I also think Bouwmeester is going to be much better.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:25 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
My point projections may be optimistic in some cases, but I also did them assuming all the players are healthy for all 82 games.

Circumstances arise and things happen that affect performance, but assuming the players are healthy then I see no reason why they shouldn't put up those numbers.

The one section that will be hard to obtain is the defensive numbers I posted. But I do expect us to see a dramatic increase in production from our backend. I think the addition of Wideman and another year of seasoning from Brodie will really help to get things going offensively. I also think Bouwmeester is going to be much better.
I like the optimism but Cammy putting up 80 points, even in a full healthy season seems, unreasonable to me

Old
08-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Volica

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I like the optimism but Cammy putting up 80 points, even in a full healthy season seems, unreasonable to me
Why? Outside of the first time he played over 80, he's put up over 80.

Just wondering why its so unreasonable? On playing hurt missing twenty games or more he's good for near 50...

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I honestly don't. Cammy is going to be likely playing with guys that are capable of producing more than he was in Montreal. Hartley is going ride Cammy hard next season so I think he will easily be our 2nd highest scorer. The big thing with Cammy is injuries, but if he's healthy I expect him to be extremely close to the 80pts mark. Heck, if we are going to have a chance at the playoffs we need him to be.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Pilkington

Quote:
There are injuries to Cammalleri and Hudler in there. While I like Cervenka, I'm not sold on him translating his game to the NHL.

Old
08-20-2012, 12:06 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
Why? Outside of the first time he played over 80, he's put up over 80.

Just wondering why its so unreasonable? On playing hurt missing twenty games or more he's good for near 50...
He has only scraped 80 points twice in his career, just based on those odds its unlikely.