Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 roster predictions

Old
08-19-2012, 04:58 PM
paintball0531

vCash: 500
2012 roster predictions

Just wanted to see what eveyone thought the potential line up could look like next season

This is what im thinking...

Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
DSP-Bonino-Palmieri

Beauchamin-Fowler
Allen-Sbisa
Souray/Vatanen-Lydman

paintball0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Exit Dose

My roster is a list of tee times.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Paul4587

I don't think Etem makes the team out of camp, let alone plays on the first line.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 06:22 PM
paintball0531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I don't think Etem makes the team out of camp, let alone plays on the first line.
whats your line up then? and btw have you seen the kid play? HE IS A BEAST

Old
08-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball0531 View Post
whats your line up then? and btw have you seen the kid play? HE IS A BEAST
He was a beast playing against 15-20 year olds in juniors, but he's likely going to need to some seasoning in the AHL before he's NHL ready. If there is a significant lockout, he may be able to make the jump straight away because he'll be getting plenty of minutes in the AHL before the NHL season starts.

The lineup I want to see:
Palmieri - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Holland- Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - DSP
Cogliano - Bonino - Beleskey

Beauchemin - Fowler
Allen - Sbisa
Lydman - Souray

I have no idea what Boudreau has in mind though other than Koivu will be the 3C and he doesn't know who will be playing with Getzlaf and Perry.

Old
08-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Disgruntled Goat

If things keep up, nobody is making the team at all.

Disgruntled Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
If I'm speculating, it's Palmieri I'd be putting on the 1st line with Getzlaf and Perry, based on the current roster. Etem is going to need time in the AHL, where he can work on his all-around game and get used to playing against men, and when he does get some time in the NHL I'd expect him to work his way up the depth chart by starting on the 3rd line.

Unfortunately, with the roster we have now, there are definitely some questions that need to be answered. Does Holland get a shot on the 2nd line? How does he do? Does Bonino continue the progress he made late last season? How does Palmieri look, after some impressive games? What kind of progress do we see from DSP? Do Fowler and Sbisa take the next step Anaheim needs? Is Lindholm going to surprise everyone and make the team, and will Vatanen live up to the hype? There's a lot of young talent that Anaheim is going to need to perform, and consistently.

That's just the younger players. There are other questions too, such as Getzlaf bouncing back after a poor season. Hiller needing to give us an entire season of consistent play. Ryan has to show Boudreau that he deserves a line of his own. Is this the year Selanne's age catches up to him? Ditto for Koivu, who has been steadily regressing. How does Beauchemin play after his surgery? Can Souray put on his gear without ending up on IR? Does Lydman bounce back? And finally, does Boudreau learn from the mistakes of last season?

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Exit Dose

I wouldn't be surprised if Holland spends some time playing on the wings like Schenn did this year.

Old
08-19-2012, 07:53 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Personally that is a terrible idea. Holland needs to stay at center and see if he can actually play effectively there in the NHL. Putting him on the wings IMO doesnt help him.

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Personally that is a terrible idea. Holland needs to stay at center and see if he can actually play effectively there in the NHL. Putting him on the wings IMO doesnt help him.
Plenty of centers get their feet wet on the wings. Spending some time there doesn't diminish their ability to play center.

Old
08-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Hockey Duckie

I would pull a 2005 type of roster where the 2nd line was a rookie line of Penner-Getz-Perry.

Ryan-Getz-Perry (Top Scoring line)
Maroon-Holland-Palmieri (Rookie scoring line)
Cogs-Koivu-Teemu (Veteran, Speed line)
Winnik-Bonino-DSP (Checking line)

but seeing how Ryan and the Twins don't match up chemistry-wise...

DSP-Getz-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Palmieri
Cogs-Koivu-Teemu
Winnik-Bonino-Beleskey

And if Teemu will be split up from Koivu since BB noted Koivu will be a 3C... Well, I don't know how that's going to be to tell you the truth. I'm trying to keep Palmieri on the right side instead of converting yet another RW into a LW ( ahem Bobby Ryan ).

As for defense, I'll have to agree with Paul4587.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 09:18 PM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
I would pull a 2005 type of roster where the 2nd line was a rookie line of Penner-Getz-Perry.

Ryan-Getz-Perry (Top Scoring line)
Maroon-Holland-Palmieri (Rookie scoring line)
Cogs-Koivu-Teemu (Veteran, Speed line)
Winnik-Bonino-DSP (Checking line)
I would be okay with a younger line. Idk why you would put Maroon on it instead of DSP. Maroon has shown nothing in the NHL.

Quote:
but seeing how Ryan and the Twins don't match up chemistry-wise...

DSP-Getz-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Palmieri
Cogs-Koivu-Teemu
Winnik-Bonino-Beleskey

And if Teemu will be split up from Koivu since BB noted Koivu will be a 3C... Well, I don't know how that's going to be to tell you the truth. I'm trying to keep Palmieri on the right side instead of converting yet another RW into a LW ( ahem Bobby Ryan ).

As for defense, I'll have to agree with Paul4587.
How exactly does Ryan not have chemistry with the twins? IIRC, they were the best line in the league at one point. If anything, and im sure someone will dig up some stats and prove me wrong, Ryan seems like the odd man out because Getz and Perry always look for each other first imo. At times, I thought Ryan was kinda left out of the play when they did play together. Or maybe it was on purpose because as much as I love Ryan, he would already be scoring 45 goals/yr if he didnt have horrible finishing ability.

However, I Prefer your second lineup with DSP and Palmieri being switched.

2faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

If BB holds up to his word of Koivu being checking line, there is no doubt Koivu and Teemu will be split up.

Who knows how will Holland react and perform, but being put in between Ryan and Teemu is about as best option there is, as he wont have to carry that line.

EDIT: Maroon played 2 games, being put in a very tough spot on a top line of a struggling team. That being said, it's make or break for him this upcoming season.

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 01:34 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Bonino-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Smith Pelly
Beleskey-Holland-Staubitz
McMillan

Beauchemin-Fowler
Sbisa-Allen
Lydman-Souray
Guenin

Hiller
Fasth

Kalvinators is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:29 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
He was a beast playing against 15-20 year olds in juniors, but he's likely going to need to some seasoning in the AHL before he's NHL ready. If there is a significant lockout, he may be able to make the jump straight away because he'll be getting plenty of minutes in the AHL before the NHL season starts.

The lineup I want to see:
Palmieri - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Holland- Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - DSP
Cogliano - Bonino - Beleskey

Beauchemin - Fowler
Allen - Sbisa
Lydman - Souray

I have no idea what Boudreau has in mind though other than Koivu will be the 3C and he doesn't know who will be playing with Getzlaf and Perry.
Without reading the thread I had typed out my lineup and it was identical to this, so +1

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 05:54 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Based on the fact that Winnik and Cogs have chemistry, and Holland probably isn't ready for 2nd line minutes - or should be limited to 4th line minutes.

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
Winnik-Cogliano-DSP
Beleskey-Bonino-McMillan
Staubitz

Beauchemin-Fowler
Sbisa-Allen
Lydman-Souray
Vatanen/Guenin

Hiller
Fasth

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:12 AM
paintball0531

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
Based on the fact that Winnik and Cogs have chemistry, and Holland probably isn't ready for 2nd line minutes - or should be limited to 4th line minutes.

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
Winnik-Cogliano-DSP
Beleskey-Bonino-McMillan
Staubitz

Beauchemin-Fowler
Sbisa-Allen
Lydman-Souray
Vatanen/Guenin

Hiller
Fasth
Only thing is coach said koivu will be playing third line

Old
08-20-2012, 10:42 AM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

And Cogs is a pretty crappy center....

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Fallenity

vCash: 950
Opening night roster will probably be very different to what we'll end up having most of the season

DSP (Has anyone thought about Maroon here?) - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Bonino - Palmieri
Cogliano - Koivu - Selanne
Winnik - ? - Beleskey / Staubitz (enforcer nights)

Beauchemin - Fowler
Allen - Sbisa
Lydman - Sourey
Vatanen

Hiller
Fasth

The 4C is a bit open for me, I liked the chemistry between Ryan - Bonino - Palmieri too much to take Bonino from there, but if Holland could work in the same way, then Bonino would be the #4C

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:10 AM
paintball0531

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
And Cogs is a pretty crappy center....
in my opinion he is just to small to play center but i like him on the wing, This is why i want to see winnik-koivu-cogliano on the third line not as a "checking line" like some have said but more of a shut down line that can also score still all three of them can score but are always solid on the defensive side and winnik said he is friends with cogs which could only help chemisty wise

But as for the second line i really have no idea except dad will be on the RW of course

Old
08-20-2012, 11:55 AM
DaDucks

I'm most interested to see what Staubitz brings to the team...

DaDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
I would be okay with a younger line. Idk why you would put Maroon on it instead of DSP. Maroon has shown nothing in the NHL.
Maroon-Holland-Palmieri (the referenced line) These three played together in SYR and scored in bunches. The chemistry is already there with Holland and Palmieri. Maroon had a try out with the Twins, but it seemed like they were off in chemistry. And by putting Maroon on the second line allows me to put DSP on the fourth line to make an actual shutdown line with some scoring potential with Bonino as the center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
How exactly does Ryan not have chemistry with the twins? IIRC, they were the best line in the league at one point. If anything, and im sure someone will dig up some stats and prove me wrong, Ryan seems like the odd man out because Getz and Perry always look for each other first imo. At times, I thought Ryan was kinda left out of the play when they did play together. Or maybe it was on purpose because as much as I love Ryan, he would already be scoring 45 goals/yr if he didnt have horrible finishing ability.

However, I Prefer your second lineup with DSP and Palmieri being switched.
This off-season Ryan was complaining about wanting a line of his own so he doesn't have to play under the shadow of the Twins. And at an off-season presser for season ticket holders, Getz commented about not having the right type of player on the LW to play with him and Perry. Getz wants a winger that likes to grind and cycle. Ryan is similar to Teemu as in a dangling sniper than a power forward even though Ryan is built like a power forward.

As for Palmieri playing with Getz-Pears, see the Ryan reason why Palmieri shouldn't. That isn't Palmieri's game to grind and cycle, but that is DSP's game and he loves to hit. Palmieri is 5'10" and 191 lbs. DSP is 6' and 211 lbs.

Old
08-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
Opening night roster will probably be very different to what we'll end up having most of the season

DSP (Has anyone thought about Maroon here?) - Getzlaf - Perry
Yes. Maroon was experimented there last season. Lacking chemistry, but may be this year will be different.

Old
08-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
I'm most interested to see what Staubitz brings to the team...
I'm guessing a point every 20 or so games and a lot of fights. He's definitely not here for his hockey ability and I'd be surprised if he plays in more than 40 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
As for Palmieri playing with Getz-Pears, see the Ryan reason why Palmieri shouldn't. That isn't Palmieri's game to grind and cycle, but that is DSP's game and he loves to hit. Palmieri is 5'10" and 191 lbs. DSP is 6' and 211 lbs.
The only problem with DSP playing on the 1st line is that he doesn't have the puck skills, experience or offensive ability to go up against top defensive pairs every night. Palmieri does and started to show signs of some chippiness and willingness to go into the corners as the year went on. Despite what many think, the twins play their best hockey with a skilled player on their wing (Penner, Bertuzzi, Kunitz and Ryan have been the only good fits so far).

Last edited by Paul4587: 08-20-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old
08-20-2012, 04:41 PM
DaDucks

[QUOTE=Paul4587;53730505]I'm guessing a point every 20 or so games and a lot of fights. He's definitely not here for his hockey ability and I'd be surprised if he plays in more than 40 games.

Oh ya I'm well aware he's not a scorer... I'm looking for a physical hitting force

I agree with under 40 games

DaDucks is offline   Reply With Quote