HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash+S.Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part III)

Old
08-18-2012, 11:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmike View Post
even if Dubinsky rebounds and has aa above average career and the same goes for Anisimoz. And Erixon makes the big leagues and has an outstanding rookie season and goes on to have a terrific career; all Nash has to do is score some big goals in the playoffs to help (not lead) the team in the playoffs. it will be a win for the Rangers. just my 2 cents. I could be wrong it has happened before
so wait...if Nash comes in, scores 50 goals, but the Rangers go 4 and out, we lost the trade? What if there are circumstances? like say 4 of our top 5 defenseman are injured? or we played a team that was nuclear hot like the Kings? That completely changes the trades value?

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 01:12 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Apparently, Dubi doesn't miss NY too much.

Aaron Portzline@Aportzline
Dubinsky indicated he won't miss living in Manhattan, said it was a bit ... too big for him. First impression of Columbus? "It's so quiet."
Is Manhattan the only place to live? Geez, if you didn't like it, then move somewhere else...

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 01:14 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
everyone says torts in't very likeable...but i absolutely love everything about the guy lol
I agree with you. Personally, I like him a lot.

But I don't know if Torts necessarily would necessarily generate the word "love" out of most fans.

However, I think it's extremely telling that former players always seem very interested in working with him again.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 01:25 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

But I don't know if Torts necessarily would necessarily generate the word "love" out of most fans.

However, I think it's extremely telling that former players always seem very interested in working with him again.
Yeah I mean Prospal and Richards both came here because of Tortarella to a certain extent.

He may be a hardass that rubs off the wrong way on some people, but I feel like overall he gets the job done.

Don't like his philosophy on the power play though, that needs to be fixed.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 03:29 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

I agree, but "always" should be "many"...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 03:41 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Yeah I mean Prospal and Richards both came here because of Tortarella to a certain extent.

He may be a hardass that rubs off the wrong way on some people, but I feel like overall he gets the job done.

Don't like his philosophy on the power play though, that needs to be fixed.
like Boyle on the PP...the only way Boyle should be on the PP is to use his size in front to screen the goalie but sadly his balance and grit isnt that great. he can get moved out of the way pretty easily, while a guy like Callahan is alot better in front of the goalie...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 08:56 AM
ncmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
such a foolish way of looking at things. a 5 game sample size is stupid to look at for Nash or for any player. Playoff stats to me mean very little unless you are talking a huge sample size or a guy who has that unreal ability to single handedly carry a team come crunch time. other than that, it is what it is, a very small sample size where small adjustments from teams can completely take out 1 player while opening up avenues for others.

ppl always loved to use the "playoff" excuse for marian hossa. since then, guy has appeared in 3 cup finals and has a ring all for himself. Ilya Kovalchuk was a playoff loser....got his team to the cup final with a hell of a performance.

great players are great players, small playoff sample sizes dont change that.
Im sorry I should have been more specific. What I was referring to was that if Nash comes out in beast mode and leads the team to the cup and has a couple of big playoff years than it will not matter what the others do. The trade will be worth it.

ncmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:11 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Apparently, Dubi doesn't miss NY too much.

Aaron Portzline@Aportzline
Dubinsky indicated he won't miss living in Manhattan, said it was a bit ... too big for him. First impression of Columbus? "It's so quiet."
I guess he never thought of living in Westchester?

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Levitate

Seems kinda BS. You could probably find quotes from Dubi saying he loved living there if you looked hard enough. He sure seemed to enjoy going out with his teammates and having a good time.

Maybe it wasn't his ideal location but if it was a big issue he could have easily moved. Saying stuff now seems more of a way to adjust/get in good with the new team, etc.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Rookie d-man in first year of NA hockey gets outmuscled and overmatched physically!

Obviously a bust! He'll have no future!

I expect Erixon to become solid top 4 d-man. Maybe 1000 career games played.
Who the **** said he's a bust? I said he has no snarl to his game, learn how to read. I also said I hope and think he'll be good, but that doesn't change the fact that he isn't a deal breaker in a deal for Nash.

A little bit of advice, maybe instead of trying to get 20k posts in a year you should take up a low level English class so you understand and read what people write.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:21 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
like Boyle on the PP...the only way Boyle should be on the PP is to use his size in front to screen the goalie but sadly his balance and grit isnt that great. he can get moved out of the way pretty easily, while a guy like Callahan is alot better in front of the goalie...
Agreed.

The reluctance to put defenders on their off wing to set up for the one-timer pisses me off as well.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:27 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

AA also said Manhattan was too big for him. He told Portzline he prefers playing in the middle. Looking at the Simmonds extension in relation to AA,he could be line for something similiar. 6 years/$24M(its a couple of hundred grand less). His agent Mark Gandler will use the KHL as leverage. Howson wants to keep him. The Rangers brought up AA's up coming payday when Sather was discussing the money involved in the Nash trade. AA has a 40-45 point season(44 is his career high),he will get Simmonds $. Simmonds had 28 goals and 49 points in 11-12.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Who the **** said he's a bust? I said he has no snarl to his game, learn how to read. I also said I hope and think he'll be good, but that doesn't change the fact that he isn't a deal breaker in a deal for Nash.
e.
I don't think Erixon has to be a superstar to win this deal for the Jackets. If he becomes a NHL regular top 4-dman, while Anisimov/Dubi retain their scoring rate from 10-11, this deal is ridiculously lopsided for the Jackets.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I don't think Erixon has to be a superstar to win this deal for the Jackets. If he becomes a NHL regular top 4-dman, while Anisimov/Dubi retain their scoring rate from 10-11, this deal is ridiculously lopsided for the Jackets.
And if Nash is the difference between a Cup or no Cup? I think it's a very tall order for Dubi and Anisimov to retain their 10-11 scoring rates. Dubi had most of his points in the first quarter of the season, then would all asleep for long periods of time. He doesnt know what kind of player he is. Artie was on the fourth line at some points in the playoffs. Torts doesn't like him all that much.

If we win a Cup with Nash, we win this trade.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Im not surprised this is coming from the poster that kept referring to Nash as "just a 59 point player."

This trade can and will help both teams. On the Rangers side, its a classic case of solid asset management. Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Erixon were the definitions of expendable for the Rangers. They were used to get a proven offensive threat (on a god-awful team, by the way) to solidify a Stanley Cup run. Wait until you see Nash's effect up and down the lineup on a nightly basis. It'll be something that the 3 tweeners we traded away couldnt dream of.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 12:48 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Not really. If we can replenish our depth, it at the worst becomes a win-win.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:14 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Ridiculously lopsided? No way.

Even if Erixon becomes a stud, it'll be hard to say the Jackets won the trade if Nash goes back to 40 goal form and helps us win a cup.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
And if Nash is the difference between a Cup or no Cup? I think it's a very tall order for Dubi and Anisimov to retain their 10-11 scoring rates. Dubi had most of his points in the first quarter of the season, then would all asleep for long periods of time. He doesnt know what kind of player he is. Artie was on the fourth line at some points in the playoffs. Torts doesn't like him all that much.

If we win a Cup with Nash, we win this trade.
That's certainly a big if. I think just acquiring his contract makes you in a tough position with the uncertainty of the new CBA salary cap.

Old
08-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
That's certainly a big if. I think just acquiring his contract makes you in a tough position with the uncertainty of the new CBA salary cap.
We actually lose some salary in the trade. Not to mention that Anisimov will be looking at a raise next year, like RB said, Wayne Simmonds money. He got 3.84. We have one less player to resign next year.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:25 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Quantity vs Quality deals hardly ever are in favor for the Quantity side.

We gave up two very mediocre 2nd liners (at their best) and a very good prospect. If Ani and Dubi become 45 point players, we will likely have already replaced them with similar 45+ point players here (one being Nash and one being someone else). Therefor, we've already upgraded one of them to superstar caliber in Nash and got similar production from another player.

Erixon is the one that hurts the most, but we basically replaced him with Sjkei.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Quote:
I think the deal was pretty fair, the way I look at it is the rangers have a much better shot at winning the cup with Nash then they did with dubi being an overpaid second liner at best and anisimov playing good defense but providing next to nothing offensively. Both teams got what they wanted I don't think columbus won by any means

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:29 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
I think the deal was pretty fair, the way I look at it is the rangers have a much better shot at winning the cup with Nash then they did with dubi being an overpaid second liner at best and anisimov playing good defense but providing next to nothing offensively. Both teams got what they wanted I don't think columbus won by any means
The only way for them to really win is for us to not be able to somehow replace Erixon with Sjkei, etc and if he becomes a top pairing d-man.

Otherwise, the deal is tipped in our favor for the foreseeable future. Not a horrible deal for Columbus, but Quantity for Quality trades are pretty bad sometimes for the team getting Quantity.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Im not surprised this is coming from the poster that kept referring to Nash as "just a 59 point player."

This trade can and will help both teams. On the Rangers side, its a classic case of solid asset management. Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Erixon were the definitions of expendable for the Rangers. They were used to get a proven offensive threat (on a god-awful team, by the way) to solidify a Stanley Cup run. Wait until you see Nash's effect up and down the lineup on a nightly basis. It'll be something that the 3 tweeners we traded away couldnt dream of.
It's possible to lose a trade even if you win the cup. See Doug Weight.

Old
08-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

Dubinsky's best year he scored 24 goals. 19 with a goalie in the net. He's a fraud of a 20 goal scorer but people love him because he runs his mouth. Like Avery.

Grumpy Humphrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
We actually lose some salary in the trade. Not to mention that Anisimov will be looking at a raise next year, like RB said, Wayne Simmonds money. He got 3.84. We have one less player to resign next year.
We lose some salary, but that's because you're trading 3 players for one. When you fill out the roster to replace Dubinsky/Anisimov, you're going to use up more cap space.